bmi Regional

"Pretty much guaranteed delay"

Trip Verified | Hamburg to Bristol. Pretty much guaranteed delay again from BMI my route to work in Germany gets hit by BMI delays on outbound and return flights. I have persuaded the crewing office to let me catch a train from Plymouth to London Paddington then Heathrow express to airport to avoid using BMI from Exeter or Bristol I will get there quicker by driving (train) an extra hour and a half - go figure.
RouteHamburg to Bristol
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Goodbye BMI!"

Not Verified | Bristol to Paris. What a totally charmless and unreliable airline this is. I can’t even remember a Bmi regional flight from Bristol that was on time, which clearly makes them unsuitable for business purposes. We’re now 1 hour 25 minutes late and just been served a litany of excuses that fail to engender any sense of confidence in the airline, such as ‘numerous technical problems, some still ongoing’. So it’s anything but BMI henceforth. I could have taken easyJet to Paris which departed on time, 1 hour and 15 minutes ago. And I wouldn’t have needed to check my carry on luggage in the hold. Goodbye BMI!
AircraftEMB 135/145
RouteBristol to Paris
Date FlownMarch 2018

"worst airline I ever used"

Trip Verified | it is the only connection that safes me from driving to Berlin Tegel to fly to Munich, I wanted to use British Midlands from Rostock to Munich. However the first booking I had was outbound 27.7. from Rostock. The takeoff was 2 Hours delayed, the arrival in Munich too. I lost my reservation at the car hire and had to pay double. At the inbound flight on 30.7. we drove to the airplane by bus, where waiting there 20 Minutes in front of the airplane, until bbeing told there is no crew here yet. The actual departure was 3 Hours delayed. Today the filght was cancelled completely with the notice 2 hours before take off. The worst airline I ever used. It feels as if they are one step away from closing down. Unfortunately I have two bookings pending from November. I think I will cancel them on my costs and accept the drive to Berlin Tegel.
AircraftEmbraer
Route Rostock to Munich
Date FlownOctober 2018

"they say payment was made"

(Réunion)

Trip Verified | The flight Paris to Bristol in April was cancelled because the captain didn't like the look of something on the plane. Instead of an early flight we eventually got to Bristol after midnight, not much use for the work planned that day. Their way of fooling you is simple: agree quickly that you deserve the 250 euros compensation, but then do nothing. When you complain they say the payment was made, that it then came back to them, or whatever. It's now September and I realise they never had any intention of making the payment.
RouteParis to Bristol
Date FlownApril 2018

"still have not received a penny"

Trip Verified | Flight cancelled on 6th May with no reason given, this was after I had checked my bag in and was sitting at the departure gate. Ground crew at Stanstead (not BMI) was extremely helpful and gave out contact details for compensation and reimbursement. This was applied for on the 8th May 2018. After numerous emails and phone calls and last communication on the 16th August to say my compensation has been process and they were still waiting to process my out of pocked expenses of over £170.00 - this is now the 14th September and I still have not received a penny. I am totally disgusted with their customer services and I will never use their service route again. Why should I be waiting this long on money which is due to me.
RouteDerry to London Stansted
Date FlownMay 2018

"No info at gate"

Not Verified | Hamburg to Bristol. Always late which they blame on air traffic control. No info at gate stating delay, have to rely on flight stats. Always park miles away from terminal so long bus journey to and from aircraft
AircraftE145
RouteHamburg to Bristol
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"absolutely dreadful experience"

Not Verified | I was supposed to fly on the 06:25 flight from Newcastle to Brussels for a connecting flight to Slovenia. The incoming flight on the Sunday had been cancelled but I received no warning. I got to the airport at 5am to find out the flight was delayed by almost 6 hours. The young lad on the desk couldn't offer any help in getting us rerouted. I had meetings planned on the Monday afternoon. There was also no ground staff who could help. I was given a number to ring but the woman I spoke to immediately said I was given the wrong number. She did then try to look at flights but said there wasn't anything she could do. The flight took off over 6 hours late using what seemed like an old plane. A few seats were out of use and the plane had a bad smell. I was over 11 hours late into Ljubliana. An absolutely dreadful experience! It's worth bearing in mind I paid £800 for the flight.
RouteNewcastle to Ljubljana via Brussels
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"a truly awful airline"

Trip Verified | Paris to Bristol. Friday 20 July flight from CDG T3 was delayed and eventually cancelled after three hours. I only realised something was happening when l noticed some of the passengers were getting on the airport bus and when I enquired what was happening, the ground crew told us to go to T2A to get the 21:45 BA flight to LHR and then another flight to Bristol. Then we were turfed out in Arrivals to make our own way to T2A. When I eventually found the BA customer services desk in the depths of the terminal the rude woman on customer services denied all knowledge of the arrangement and turned me away. I am now on my way back into Paris and frantically trying to find a way of getting home this weekend. BMI already owe me the statutory Eur 250 from a flight they cancelled without notice several months ago. It’ll be no surprise to learn that they haven’t responded or paid up. BMI are a truly awful airline.Paris to Bristol.
AircraftEmbraer 145
RouteParis to Bristol
Date FlownJuly 2018

"no customer service"

Trip Verified | Stansted to Derry. They often cancel or delay flights and no customer service. Call centre only open basic office hours and not when you need to speak to someone. 60 daty average response time to emails and no help at the airport. No real people or staff to assist. Worst airline ever booked with.
RouteStansted to Derry
Date FlownJuly 2018

"poor customer services"

Trip Verified | Bristol to Paris. Upon checking in, found out that my return flight had been cancelled and I had been automatically moved onto another flight (15hrs earlier). This meant I ended up losing a full day of my holiday and was informed the cancellation was due to low passenger numbers on the return flight. No notification prior which was extremely frustrating and then they refused to refund me the return flight costs which would have allowed me to change to another airline with a more appropriate timeslot. Upon my return I contacted BMI customer services to complain, in they end they did agree to pay me compensation but that would be paid in 30 working days. This timeframe came and went with no sight of any payment. I ended having to chase them for the next 4 weeks being told a number of different excuses. It was only when I threaten them with legal action did they pay within 24hrs. This is my fourth flight with BMI and following this experience this will be my last, there unreliable schedule and poor customer services let them down.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ 145