Blue Air

Blue Air customer review

We have recently flown from Bucharest Romania to Venice Italy on a flight that was originally scheduled to leave at 17.45 pm. Two days before departure they rescheduled it to leave at 0.40 the next day and they let us know by email. One day later the day before departure they rescheduled it for 22.40 but they forgot to change the date back - so a mess resulted with several passengers not showing up for the flight. We were lucky to go to the airport as they do not reply to phone calls and ask them if the flight was still scheduled for the original day and they confirmed it with only 5 hours delay. The rep apologized in person but we could have missed the flight if we believed the email which showed the next date! Completely unprofessional.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

(Romania)

Sibiu - Stuttgart. Worst flight experience. Rude and aggressive personnel including the gentleman from boarding who targeted passengers like the police ("I want her checked" - referring to me and my carry on). I had to pay an additional 55e for my hand luggage because they didn't deem it fit (even though I always fly with the same bag!) as cabin luggage. Dismissive and denigrating attitude towards all passengers.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Blue Air customer review

London Luton - Bacau return. Long queues at Luton check-in which barely moved for 15 minutes until further desks were opened. Thereafter smooth. Boeing 737-400 virtually full in both directions. Dark blue leather seats slightly showing their age but interior otherwise fine including toilets. Drinks (including decent Romanian wine) available to purchase and staff seemed friendly. On return route there seemed to be wider selection of sandwiches and snacks on offer. Return flight delayed by 30 minutes with no explanation given (at least not in English). In general seemed perfectly adequate low-cost carrier (although my travelling companion who had bought the tickets at relatively short notice told me that they were not cheap).

Blue Air customer review

Dublin to Bucharest return with Blue Air in March 2013. Have to say no problems at all with the flights. Quick check-in in both Dublin and Bucharest. No issues with baggage (I had made sure that we complied with their specifications). They didn't seem too fussy about bag sizes going from Dublin - Bucharest but on return journey each carry-on bag was checked. Flights themselves were fine. Both departed and arrived more-or- less on time (despite snow in Bucharest). Booked seats at the front of the plane - no issues. The planes were quite warm both ways and the toilets could definitely do with modernising/replacement but that's a minor quibble. For Eur80 return I don't think you could beat them. Would definitely recommend. Website is not the best (as mentioned by earlier posters). Difficult to find e.g. how to add a bag after flight is booked. However their help desk replied to my email queries very quickly with clear concise instructions on how to add a bag.

Blue Air customer review

Luton - Bucharest. Interesting to say the least. Plane is old and as such the seats are awful! My friend didn't even have to press to recline as it did it by itself during the whole journey!! Plus the plane was boiling hot. I can't wait for the return flight.

(Italy)

BGY-OTP and back. The first bad remark is about the website: slow complicated and inefficient. In Milan Bergamo the boarding was fair and those who booked and paid for their seat like me were allowed to board first. B737 is very old but the legroom better than Ryanair and the seat relatively comfortable. The crew were quite young but not very friendly. On the way back the boarding in Bucharest was chaotic and many people were trapped by an employee who checked the dimension of all baggage. Many were forced to pay 55 euros to load the luggage and very intense discussions took place between some passengers and the employees. In short flights were ok and we arrived on time on both legs. However they have to improve their ground services improve the website and make in sort to have a more friendly staff.

Blue Air customer review

Luton to Bucharest Awful. Old 737-400 very tired and dirty booking was a nightmare everything was an extra including booking a seat so we didn't bother. On the way back and my wife and I were split up and no one was interested. Will fly Wizz or BA next time.

Blue Air customer review

I flew from London Luton to Bucharest and back and I had one of the most awful experiences. It was impossible to receive an itinerary per email. Secondly the cabin was extremely hot until the plane was in the air. Even the stewards were using the magazines as a fan. Most important on the flight back we were allowed at check in to take our hand luggage onboard but at the gate they weighed it and didn't allow us to get on the flight until paying 50 euros for 3 kg overweight on one of the bags. We reduced it to 1.5kg and still didn't allow us. Instead of weighing it at check in before security they left it on purpose to do it at the gate. Moreover they said it's 50 euros but took 250 RON Selected seats that we paid for were already given to someone else as well and we had to get others. Luckily were quite early at the check in so we got only one row further but if we were late we would have received even worse seats. The crew had no clue where we will get our bags whether at the airplane steps or with the rest of the luggage. Hugely disappointing experience and I would never recommend them.

Blue Air customer review

DUB-BCM return in June 2012. Flying with Blue Air produced very different experiences going out and coming back. At Dublin they were very inefficient. They had one staff member on check-in for a full 737 so it took ages. When I eventually reached the check-in desk the staff member told me the flight was delayed by half an hour. Fair enough I said and I texted my girlfriend in Romania who was to pick me up from the airport in Bacau. It didn't stop there however. When the staff eventually arrived at the boarding gate half an hour late they informed us that the gate had changed causing yet another delay. When we finally got on the plane it literally sat there for another half an hour and we left Dublin a total of one hour and forty minutes late. Now this would be slightly understandable at a peak time like three in the afternoon. However this was at one in the morning. There were no other flights to cause congestion! The flight itself was fine and smooth but there were so many screaming children that getting any sleep was impossible. Legroom was better than Ryanair but that isn't saying much. Coming back was much better in relation to time. We left Bacau on time and even arrived in Dublin ten minutes early so I was happy about that. Screaming children was a problem again (another night flight) but it was cheap so I guess I can't be too upset. As for food and beverages there were none for free just a ridiculously overpriced menu. Unless it proves unavoidable I probably won't fly Blue Air in the future.

Blue Air customer review

LTN-BBU-LTN. Both flights on old Boeing 737-400. Dirty cabin old tired and dirty blue leather seats air conditioning system did not work and some tray tables were broken. Good seating assignment system that works well and cabin crew on both flights friendly and attentive. We will definitely be flying Wizz Air until Blue Air has replaced their fleet of ageing aircraft.