Blue Air

(Moldova)

We flew Bucharest - Rome - Bucharest. Flight to Rome postponed for half of the day at the last minute. We received confirmation only 3 days before the flight. Return flight also postponed several hours a few days before the flight. In Rome we had to pay 8 Euro person for some security fee. We were not informed in advance of this additional payment. Staff not friendly at all. Do not recommend.

Blue Air customer review

Bucharest to Larnaca Cyprus (return flight) in June 2013. This was only one part of a multi-city trip. In order to avoid any problems with luggage we paid on line to Blue-Air for one extra piece of luggage. Upon departure from Bucharest we were charged 15 Euros per person for check-in at the airport. When embarking the airplane the carry- on luggage was found not fit to Blue-Air carry-on box/cage and we were charged an extra 55 Euros. We had traveled with this same carry-on luggage from Chicago New York Amsterdam and Bucharest without any problem. The same luggage seemed to fit in the carry-on fitting cage in Larnaca for the flight back. The experience with the Blue Air check-in team in Bucharest was extremely disappointing not only to us but to many of the passengers and in fact with all these extra additions to the cost we would have been better of with Tarom or another proper airline - which we are sure we will on the next occasion. Your service in Bucharest was sub-par and will not be recommended.

Blue Air customer review

We have recently flown from Bucharest Romania to Venice Italy on a flight that was originally scheduled to leave at 17.45 pm. Two days before departure they rescheduled it to leave at 0.40 the next day and they let us know by email. One day later the day before departure they rescheduled it for 22.40 but they forgot to change the date back - so a mess resulted with several passengers not showing up for the flight. We were lucky to go to the airport as they do not reply to phone calls and ask them if the flight was still scheduled for the original day and they confirmed it with only 5 hours delay. The rep apologized in person but we could have missed the flight if we believed the email which showed the next date! Completely unprofessional.

(Romania)

Sibiu - Stuttgart. Worst flight experience. Rude and aggressive personnel including the gentleman from boarding who targeted passengers like the police ("I want her checked" - referring to me and my carry on). I had to pay an additional 55e for my hand luggage because they didn't deem it fit (even though I always fly with the same bag!) as cabin luggage. Dismissive and denigrating attitude towards all passengers.

Blue Air customer review

London Luton - Bacau return. Long queues at Luton check-in which barely moved for 15 minutes until further desks were opened. Thereafter smooth. Boeing 737-400 virtually full in both directions. Dark blue leather seats slightly showing their age but interior otherwise fine including toilets. Drinks (including decent Romanian wine) available to purchase and staff seemed friendly. On return route there seemed to be wider selection of sandwiches and snacks on offer. Return flight delayed by 30 minutes with no explanation given (at least not in English). In general seemed perfectly adequate low-cost carrier (although my travelling companion who had bought the tickets at relatively short notice told me that they were not cheap).

Blue Air customer review

Dublin to Bucharest return with Blue Air in March 2013. Have to say no problems at all with the flights. Quick check-in in both Dublin and Bucharest. No issues with baggage (I had made sure that we complied with their specifications). They didn't seem too fussy about bag sizes going from Dublin - Bucharest but on return journey each carry-on bag was checked. Flights themselves were fine. Both departed and arrived more-or- less on time (despite snow in Bucharest). Booked seats at the front of the plane - no issues. The planes were quite warm both ways and the toilets could definitely do with modernising/replacement but that's a minor quibble. For Eur80 return I don't think you could beat them. Would definitely recommend. Website is not the best (as mentioned by earlier posters). Difficult to find e.g. how to add a bag after flight is booked. However their help desk replied to my email queries very quickly with clear concise instructions on how to add a bag.

Blue Air customer review

Luton - Bucharest. Interesting to say the least. Plane is old and as such the seats are awful! My friend didn't even have to press to recline as it did it by itself during the whole journey!! Plus the plane was boiling hot. I can't wait for the return flight.

(Italy)

BGY-OTP and back. The first bad remark is about the website: slow complicated and inefficient. In Milan Bergamo the boarding was fair and those who booked and paid for their seat like me were allowed to board first. B737 is very old but the legroom better than Ryanair and the seat relatively comfortable. The crew were quite young but not very friendly. On the way back the boarding in Bucharest was chaotic and many people were trapped by an employee who checked the dimension of all baggage. Many were forced to pay 55 euros to load the luggage and very intense discussions took place between some passengers and the employees. In short flights were ok and we arrived on time on both legs. However they have to improve their ground services improve the website and make in sort to have a more friendly staff.

Blue Air customer review

Luton to Bucharest Awful. Old 737-400 very tired and dirty booking was a nightmare everything was an extra including booking a seat so we didn't bother. On the way back and my wife and I were split up and no one was interested. Will fly Wizz or BA next time.

Blue Air customer review

I flew from London Luton to Bucharest and back and I had one of the most awful experiences. It was impossible to receive an itinerary per email. Secondly the cabin was extremely hot until the plane was in the air. Even the stewards were using the magazines as a fan. Most important on the flight back we were allowed at check in to take our hand luggage onboard but at the gate they weighed it and didn't allow us to get on the flight until paying 50 euros for 3 kg overweight on one of the bags. We reduced it to 1.5kg and still didn't allow us. Instead of weighing it at check in before security they left it on purpose to do it at the gate. Moreover they said it's 50 euros but took 250 RON Selected seats that we paid for were already given to someone else as well and we had to get others. Luckily were quite early at the check in so we got only one row further but if we were late we would have received even worse seats. The crew had no clue where we will get our bags whether at the airplane steps or with the rest of the luggage. Hugely disappointing experience and I would never recommend them.