Biman Bangladesh Airlines

"kind and friendly"

Not Verified | It was really brilliant to fly on Boeing 787. It has WiFi, food delicious but spicy. Crew are kind and friendly with my family. I will again fly on Biman Bangladesh
RouteLondon to Dhaka

"significantly improved recently"

(Bangladesh)

Trip Verified | Biman Bangladesh have significantly improved recently with six new 787 aircraft in a year. The flights was smooth, ontime, and the people are good. the foods are tasty but spicy. for entertainment they need to improve.
RouteChittagong to Dhaka
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Good food, good seating"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I flew Dhaka to Bangkok on 27 August 2019 with Biman Bangladesh Airlines. Good food, good seating and comparatively better ground services. Staff on board are just OK though. Ground staff should be more courteous. My last travel ticket price was high though.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they were completely disregarded and ignored"

Not Verified | Manchester to Sylhet. One of the worst experiences for my elderly parents. Both aged 80 plus. At the airport it all started. The lady at desk had a sour face on, not giving eye contact or listening, neither checking details properly. There were doctors letters, we had already liaised with the airline, I specifically described their medical needs and they had bracelets to show their claims, conditions etc. All she said was okay. The idea was to provide them with an aisle seat and to be near a toilet to avoid any accidents on the plane that would inconvenience other passengers. The flight was delayed, they were made to sit in the middle in cramped conditions, knee to knee seats causing my parents to suffer with breathing and other conditions. They tried to show the cabin crew the letters and expressed their struggle, but they were completely disregarded and ignored. There's others to consider too, but when it's been prior arranged. You would expect the cabin crews to follow the instructions. Appalling behaviour from Biman Bangladesh Airlines.
RouteManchester to Sylhet
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Worst customer service"

Not Verified | Have a flight canceled from Myanmar to Bangladesh, due to not enough people in the flight. No refund. Next flight available in 3 days. End up buying a flight from different airline. Then flight from Dhaka to Kuala Lumpur, delayed for 6 hours. Worst customer service in the airport. Worse aircrew. Avoid.
RouteYangon to Dhaka
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Good food, good seating"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Bangkok in August 2019. Good food, good seating and comparatively better ground services. Staffs on board are just OK though. Ground staff should be more courteous. My last travel ticket price was high though.
RouteDhaka to Bangkok
Date FlownAugust 2019

"It was a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Dhaka to Delhi. It was a pleasant experience flying with Biman Bangladesh airline. The ground staff, cabinet crew were really nice. Their customer service skill is very good. Aircraft was clean including toilets.
RouteDhaka to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

" The staff could be more polite"

(Qatar)

Trip Verified | Doha to Dhaka. The line was quite long in the airport. iOnboard a Boeing 787, everything including food, in flight entertainment, seat comfort was magnificent except the Staff. The staff could be more polite. They often don't respond to calls in flight. I felt the cabin crew can be more welcoming.
RouteDoha to Dhaka
Date FlownDecember 2019

"service is extremely poor"

Not Verified | London to Sylhet, the service is extremely poor, seat space is very limited. This is not the worst part, when we were returning from Sylhet, we were taken to a hotel with cockroaches in Dacca as it wasn't direct when returning ( I hated this, why do we have to do this unnecessary delays and inconvenience?). According to other passengers, this is normal. We did not sleep. How can they have partnership with a dirty hotel infested with cockroaches, and the food! OMG, what food. For breakfast a boil egg and two slice of bread and no tea. I told them I will skip the breakfast. You are not allowed to come out of the hotel, I felt worst then a prisoner. Inside the plane, dirty toilets, staff don't even bother cleaning.
RouteLondon to Sylhet
Date FlownNovember 2019

"return flight was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | My husband and I travel every year in BB during winter from Heathrow Airport, London as its the only airline which flies almost direct to Dhaka. We have usually enjoyed out flights due to the service of the young cabin staff. However this time we went again in June 2019 to attend a wedding. The return flight from Dhaka to London was a nightmare on 30 June 2019. I was in seat 2J. The stewardesses were very rude and unhelpful and were busy taking selfies with a rude passenger in the front row (Aisle seat) on our side. He was using his telephone continuously during takeoff and as the cabin staff did not do anything, my husband and I complained to the cabin staff to stop him without success. They appeared to be in awe of that male passenger. The main dishes were spicy and substandard as usual so I requested for sandwiches which was never a problem in previous flights. They ignored my request and so I waited for the cheese, crackers and fruit trolley. They passed us by asking if we wanted any drinks. I was starving in Business Class! My husband requested one of the stewardesses to bring cheese, crackers and fruit for me. She brought thick slices of cheese and some fruit without crackers and practically placed the plates with a bang in front of me. Try eating thick slices of cheese without a knife and crackers!!!! They did not serve any thing else after the so called lunch on a 13 hour flight in Business Class. My husband asked for some food as we were both hungry and we were given some stale cupcakes which we could not eat. Finally they brought some really inedible food before we landed. Thank God we had a real good meal waiting for us at home. This is the service in Bangladesh Biman in Business Class. There is no first class. We only travel in BB as we have no choice. British Airways used to have wonderful direct flight from London to Dhaka but they stopped it for some reason. How we wish they were back! I have the boarding card but unable to upload it now. without help!
RouteDhaka to London Heathrow