Batik Air

"No Entertainment and no meal"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The fare was almost double the budget carriers. It advertises an inclusive meal and onboard video entertainment. The trip from Jambi to Jakarta was expected, however the meal was simply a bread roll snack. Not unexpected on the short leg. The next leg however was late, almost 50 minutes and obviously a replacement due to the change of gate. The aircraft appeared older and the onboard entertainment system not working. The meal was simply a bread roll, however this time it had what appeared to be a small sausage inside it. Hardly a meal! Late, No Entertainment system and no meal.
RouteJambi to Bali via Jakarta
Date FlownJune 2019

"never fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Worst airline that I ever had to fly with. I was connecting from Dubai to Denpasar via Jakarta. There was a one hour connecting time and my flight got delayed but I did arrive at the check in desk 28 minutes before the flight. They won't let me check in because the counter closes 30 minutes before departure. Then they won't refund my ticket, and they won't admit it was their mistake. I asked to speak to the staff and was denied, I asked to speak to a manager and was denied. I felt scammed by an airline. The reason this whole ordeal happened is that on their website, they claim that you can do an online check in for your flight, which was the premise on which I bought a flight with an hour connecting time. However, I tried to do the online check in but kept getting a system error. I tried to do so 2 days before my flight, 1 day before my flight, and 11 hours before my flight and kept getting the same error. I finally discovered why I had this problem. This is an airline with two online check in websites, both are legitimate and active, one works and the other does not. If you type batik air online check in on google, you will arrive at this website (https://www.batikair.com/en/Checkin), which does not work. The one that actually works is (https://checkin.batikair.com/dx/IDCI/#/check-in/start?locale=en-US) In conclusion, do not fly with this airline unless you have absolutely no other choice. It's a scam. And in case they miss up, as with the above, they won't admit it and you will lose every single penny you paid them. Will never fly with them again.
RouteJakarta to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2019

"my airline of choice"

Trip Verified | Another good flight with Batik. I go backwards and forwards between Perth and Denpasar quite often, and Batik is still my airline of choice for this route. In both instances, flights were on time. Was allocated an exit row on both legs (thank you) so was very comfortable, even though on the way home the aircraft was full. Cabin crew very helpful and attentive, especially on the way home, given that the flight was more or less a 'red eye'. Seats are a little uncomfortable in the lumbar area, could probably do with some extra padding, but can be ignored for a flight of this duration. Seat back in front of me was a little bit on the dirty side, nothing too bad. A lot of passengers seem to miss the fact though that this is not the airlines responsibility; it is down to the ground handlers who clean the aircraft during turnaround and down time. Still a nice baggage allowance with Batik as well. I sincerely hope that they continue to maintain their operations on this route. Will be more than happy to fly Batik Air again.
AircraftBoeing 737-900ER
RoutePerth to Denpasar
Date FlownMay 2019

"Take alternatives if possible"

(Austria)

Not Verified | Labuan Bajo to Jakarta. Cancellation with no prior notice and terrible support. At checkin we were told the flight is canceled and we can go the following day. Only we had a connecting flight from Jakarta. Only solution they came up with was to give us a refund (not even total, because it is their policy not to refund fees!) and have us book a garuda flight ourselves, which was obviously more expensive due to short notice. Stupid procedures and very unreliable. In a previous flight they have lost our luggage for a couple of days of uncertainty. Take alternatives if possible!
RouteLabuan Bajo to Jakarta
Date FlownApril 2019

"our flight was canceled"

Trip Verified | Lombok to Jakarta. Terrible airline but can’t say as I didn't actually fly them. This is because our flight was canceled without notice. After significant hassle we were put on Lion Air (which was not a favorable experience). I asked ground crew if they notified passengers of cancellation and they said “some of them”. Horrible service. Never fly with them.
RouteLombok to Jakarta
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"experience has been above average"

Trip Verified | Surabaya to Jakarta. We arrived at the airport extremely early, but didn't have to wait for check-in to open since Batik air had a counter for all flights, check-in went smoothly and quick. The departure domestic terminal at Juanda was average but had the basic essentials like a clean toilet and plenty of restaurants, we soon boarded our A320 aircraft with really friendly and warm staff, got to my seat, which was a window seat. I was honestly surprised that our aircraft had an IFE on this short flight. We departed on time and meal service soon started, a complimentary meal/snack was served. On this flight, we got a Banana bread and water. The IFE on this flight was really good and up to date, had plenty of movies, however, remember to bring your own ear-phones since they are not provided on this flight. The crew on this flight were really nice and friendly, they kept checking on the cabin and offering water. We landed on time. Overall my experience with Batik air has been above average, I would not hesitate to book with them again, probably my favorite airline in Indonesia, hopefully, they keep expanding and one day become an international airline.
AircraftA320-200
RouteSurabaya to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Warm and hospitality"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Yogyakarta to Jakarta. This airline gives good service, while checking-in all staff were helpful and friendly. Warm and hospitality starting from the ground next to the air and back to the ground. Passenger service assistance staff will always guide us.
RouteYogyakarta to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"customer service is a disaster"

Trip Verified | Booked domestic flights from Jakarta to Sorong and back at Batik Air online through their website. Because of a family emergency, I had to cancel the flights at short notice. Several attempts at the specified e-mail addresses or also via the Singapore call center failed: 1 e-mail address was obviously no longer valid, there was no answer to another, another call was sent to me in a batic mailbox. Air call center in Singapore referenced. In my telephone attempts (not exactly cheap from Switzerland and because of time shift cumbersome) I either reached a non-competent person or stuck in the queue. Overall, the customer service at Batik Air, at least as far as communication is concerned, is a disaster. Anyway, I will not try to book with this airline. DE: Hatte bei Batic Air online über ihre Webseite für Januar 2019 Inlandflüge von Jakarta nach Sorong und retour gebucht. Wegen eines familiären Notfalls musste ich die Flüge kurzfristig stornieren. Mehrere Versuche über die angegebenen E-Mail-Adressen oder auch via Call-Center Singapur schlugen fehl: 1 E-Mail-Adresse war offensichtlich nicht mehr gültig, auf eine andere gab es keine Antwort, bei einer weiteren wurde mir Anruf in einem Batic-Air-Call-Center in Singapur verwiesen. Bei meinen telefonischen Versuchen (nicht gerade billig von der Schweiz aus und wegen Zeitverschiebung umständlich) gelangte ich entweder an eine nicht zuständige Person oder blieb in der Warteschlange stecken. Insgesamt ist der Kundenservice bei Batic Air, zumindest was die Kommunikation angeht, eine Katastrophe. Ich werde jedenfalls keinen Versuch mehr machen, bei dieser Fluggesellschaft zu buchen.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Batik is very good value"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jayapura. Comfortable flight with decent food and a good selection of movies. The only minor problem was that headsets were not provided and had to be purchased from crew for 25.000 Rp. With the fare very similar to no-frills Lion Air, part of the same group, Batik is very good value.
RouteJakarta to Jayapura
Date FlownNovember 2018

"recommend the Business class"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Makassar to Jakarta. The flight is fine, the staff is very friendly and the food is ok. Flying with Batik is a hit or miss because on my flight the IFE is said to be out of service, and the power outlet wasn't working. So it's a pretty boring flight. But for the Business class, it's on the cheaper side so I can recommend the Business class.
RouteMakassar to Jakarta