Batik Air

"don't book a flight with Batik Air"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | My flight OD178 from MEL to DPS was cancelled because of technical issues with the plane when all passengers were waiting at the gate for boarding. The agent at Melbourne airport promised that I will be reimbursed for all costs that result from this, including hotel, meals and transfer and that I would automatically be booked on a flight the next day and that information will follow via email. For this reason, I decided not to go for the option of claiming a refund and booking a different flight. Well, I did not receive any information that day about when I would be flying. Also the service hotline was not picking my call until I gave up after more than 2 hours waiting on the line. I just went to the airport again the next morning and ended up flying with the same plane I was supposed to be on the morning before. I arrived at my destination 24 hours late. Costs for another night in Melbourne etc. resulted and I handed in all invoices to the Customer Care service email address that was mentioned on the flight cancellation letter I got at the airport. And now they are telling me that their terms and conditions state "Malindo Air reserves the right to cancel or change the planned departure, schedule, route, aircraft or stopping places of any flight for which fares have been paid, at any time and from time to time, for any reason, without notice to any Passengers affected thereby and, in connection therewith, the Carrier shall not be liable to any Passenger in respect of such cancellation or change, whether or not resulting from an Event of Force Majeure which includes but not limited to bad weather and Acts of God." If their agent on the airport would not have lied to me, I could at least have saved a few hundred bucks!!!! Customer Service only replies within more than a week not being a help at all. I'll probably end up loosing 500 Euros. Do yourself a favor and don't book a flight with Malindo Air or Batik Air or whatever they will call themselves in future.
RouteMelbourne to Denpasar
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I haven’t received my bag"

Trip Verified | I had bought extra 15kg bag when I bought my ticket. However, in Melbourne they couldn’t check in my bags so they did manual checked in from Kuala Lumpur to Kathmandu. I haven’t received my bag and it’s been 4 days. I am never flying with this airline. I keep on calling airport but no help till yet. This has just ruined my start of holidays.
RouteMelbourne to Kathmandu via Denpasar / Kuala lampur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"no access to lounges in Jakarta"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | The Business class passenger has no access to lounges in Jakarta for international flights. So they have to wait like the rest of the economy class passengers. The flight was delayed by 1 and half hours and no announcement was made. We only got to know when we went to the staff to inquire. There is no way in hell you can manage your booking online, so once you booked and paid you are at the mercy of their Customer Service which doesn't care.
RouteJakarta to Kuala Lumpur

"Worst airline ever"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. The website doesn’t work properly, manage booking or check in or change bag allowance. Planes are never on time. They’re too cheap to pay for the airbridge, so you have to board via bus. When I arrived at my destination all of my clothes inside suitcase are soaking wet. So they must’ve left my luggage in a huge puddle for quite a long time in order for that to happen. Baggage takes forever to come out. The food is terrible. And there are no monitors in the back of the seats for entertainment. It’s not worth saving the money to fly on this airline.
RouteBrisbane to Denpasar

"a terrible experience"

Trip Verified | The worst airline to travel. The staff at airport, especially Amritsar airport the staff don't know any rules for traveling to a country and try to educate others needlessly. I didn't understand their policies, even food was requested on my ticket but i didn't get any food in a long flight. The attendants only served water in small glasses and left the person if he/she was asleep. No entertainment source used while flying. Overall, a terrible experience.
RouteAmritsar to Perth via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"worst airline I've ever used"

(Czech Republic)

Not Verified | The worst airline I've ever used. Staff have problem with everything, what the passengers need. Once food is in the price of ticket, once you must paid extra. Nobody ask you, if you need something to drink or if you want a food You must buy a water and everything. Definitely last flight with Batik Air
RouteBali to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I will not recommend Batik Air"

Not Verified | Very bad service, first of all checkin time is rigidly maintained, from six 0'clock in the morning, don't show up before that. I bought a business class ticket and expected my luggage to get a priority label. They didn't, as I found out in Jakarta, after waiting for almost one hour for my luggage. In Solo you shall not pass, into the executive lounge, although also being a Garuda Platinum Member. The girl was quite adamant about that. But there are no first class planes form Solo, so who is going into this lounge? Family, friends? Checkin, together with economy class (pushing as always). No service personel detected at Soehatta. I will not recommend Batik Air.
RouteSolo to Jakarta
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"never flying with this company again"

Trip Verified | Flight makes 1h30min of delay before departure without any email notice. Flight attendants were impolite and giving orders instead of asking politely. During flight when i asked if they had a food menu, i was told they did not have food anymore. When my husband asked, they told him they had noodles. We couldn't pay for water as we only had our bank cards (which they didn't take) and money in euros which they also don't take!). My husband needed his meds and although i have nicely asked for a free cup they did not give me one. When we landed we were without explanation for 15 minutes or so in the plane for no logical reason. I am never flying with this company again.
RouteBali to Kuala lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Moved flight three times"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Worst airline. Moved flight three times with no regard to connecting flights, visa expiry, personal need to arrive on the day. Not flight delays, complete three times date changes on the flights. We regret to inform you that your flight has been changed to xx date? Never seen this happen before. - Customer care doesn't pick phone, nor replies to mails. - Cannot cancel online. - Extremely rude staff at Subang airport when you go to their counter. They keep shuttling you from one point to another point. No answers, no responsibility.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Mumbai
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Do not recommend to anyone"

Trip Verified | The worst airline experience ever. I will never fly with them again. 2 hours of delay on first flights, as there was no engineer available to sign the approval for landing, very uncomfortable seats, they ran out of toilet paper in both flights, in the first they didn't have even tissues, you need to pay for everything, even for a glass of water. This is egregious as airport security usually don't allow water to be carried on-board on many international flights. They don't offer anything for free and even the options for purchase are very limited and expensive. Cup noodles to eat, and water, coffee, tea, Milo (with hot water) and two options of warm soda. One bag of tea is AU$4.As it was a night flight and it got very cold, I asked for a blanket and had to pay AU$9 for a piece of flannel. Needless to say that there was no entertainment system available. The absolute worst. Do not recommend to anyone.
RouteBrisbane to Bali