Batik Air

“It’s too cold on board”

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Terrible!! They delayed flight to more then 15 hours. Then they delayed boarding. They baggage cost is huge compared to AirAsia. It’s too cold on board and they have nothing to do but SELL me a blanket. Hate this conpany. Never again!
RouteDenpasar to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJune 2024

"charged $99 per 20 kg bag"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | No customer service or customer care. I booked a return to Brisbane and during the booking I failed to see they changed their baggage allowance. I called them to add baggage two weeks before my flight and was charged $99 per 20 kg bag. Then on the departure day the flight was cancelled with no offer of help or compensation. The flight was rescheduled for the following day and it was late. I tried calling the office in Malaysia but had no luck. Their app is useless like the airline. I would never fly with this airline again.
RouteDenpesar to Brisbane
Date FlownJune 2024

“recovery was within 10 hours”

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Credits go to the ground crew (Aliff, Daniel, lost and found counter and Hana, check-in counter), attending the request on my left I-pad in the front seat pocket of 46H Flight OD752 Tashkent - KUL on 13 May 2024, Arrival 1100 KUL. Their response on the request was quite prompt (5 hours) and the recovery was within 10 hours. Excellent. Kudos to all these guys. Reported by 3pm, 13/5/24 and received the item before 2pm, 14/5/24. Thanks to the Lost and Found team.
RouteTashkent to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownMay 2024

"degrade itself to budget airline"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Flight was first delayed from 1145am to 1230pm under the reason of “airport operational reason”, then further delayed without any notice, keeping everyone at the gate waiting in confusion. All until around 1pm, people were only informed that the flight was changed to another gate, yet no update was shown on the monitors, and when people reached the newly assigned gate, the gate was still not ready yet but catering to two other flights from Singaporean airlines. Disorder. Eventually the flight departed at 1.57pm, which was delayed over 2hours, the airlines did not offer free meal either as compensation suggested on Mavcom. On the flight, the stewardess was kinda rigid to repeatedly require passenger to SWITCH OFF mobile phones (flight mode is not even allowed). It looked like Batik Air is ready to degrade itself to budget airline following their retraction of free checked-in baggage service.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Hanoi
Date FlownMay 2024

"customer service is pathetic"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Worst airline. Never on time. Delayed my flight by 2 days and after that once we reach airport flight got further delayed by 2 hours making total waiting period of close to 8 hrs for me. Besides, customer service is pathetic and lousy. No prompt response and no compensation for such time waste. Request to all not to use this airline for Mumbai - Malaysia route
RouteMumbai to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownApril 2024

“avoid using this substandard airline”

Trip Verified | Would have to be the worst airline I have ever used. In the last 3 weeks they have cancelled flights without notification, when flights where changed the next 4 flights have all been a minimum of 1.5 hours late. When I missed my connecting international flight they at first said it was my fault until I showed them the cancellation of the the 1st flight and that the second flight was 1hr 20min late. And today I was supposed to leave Denpasar airport at 19.50 and its now 21.35 with no sight of the plane turning up. This is the last time I will ever fly with them and I am a regular traveller as I work in Indonesia. If you are looking at booking a trip in Indonesia avoid using this substandard airline.
RouteDenpasar to Balikpapan
Date FlownApril 2024

"Business class No wifi"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Cabin crew need to be trained, not ready to work. Economy class passengers entered business class cabin right after landed. Business class No wifi offered, very limited movies selection, no monitor provided. Return kudos to the staff, I requested for paracetamol or panadol & was informed it is not available but she did gave her personal fever pills. Economy class passengers entered business class cabin after landing.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Jeddah

“Terrible experience”

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Filthy and dirty airplane. I had to ask the flight attendant twice to come and clean the seat. Some white stains still stuck to the seat, so I asked to change seat which they approved. Looking around, all seats had some dirt and stains on them. Terrible experience, and hope to never fly with Batik Air again.
RouteJakarta to Surabaya
Date FlownMarch 2024

"never be flying with Batik Air again"

Trip Verified | This was my first and last time flying with this company. When I went to check in the man at the desk that checked me and was very rude and treated me like I wasn’t a human being. When I asked if he could help me move my bag over to get weighed because I just had surgery, he asked for my fit to fly letter and I said to him that it’s in my bag I just have to get it. He kept asking for it rudely and it takes me longer to do things just because I’ve had surgery. He started asking me about my surgery and what I had done even though I had showed him the fit to fly letter and it says it exactly what I had done. Then told me that I shouldn’t have a fit to fly letter. If I can’t lift my baggage, I explain to him that the surgeon advise me that I’m not allowed to lift anything over 5 kg for the next 6 to 8 weeks. He then got even ruder and when my bag had to get x-rayed, he threw my bag on, I didn’t understand why he didn’t just place it down because it’s heavy he had no reason just to throw it like that. Overall I will never be flying with Batik Air again. The staff do not have any kindness or respect towards . There was a lady watching this all happen and she could tell that I was on the verge of crying and she didn’t stand in to help me once. I understand people have bad days but I would never come to work and be rude to my customer you leave that problem at home.
Aircraft=
RouteBangkok to Bali
Date FlownMarch 2024

"Long waiting time at terminal"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Delayed for an hour. Attempted to fly twice but aborted due to technical issue. Had to u-turn back to terminal. Long waiting time at terminal without update or feedback from staff too.
AircraftBoeing 737MAX8