Batik Air

"customer service is a disaster"

Trip Verified | Booked domestic flights from Jakarta to Sorong and back at Batik Air online through their website. Because of a family emergency, I had to cancel the flights at short notice. Several attempts at the specified e-mail addresses or also via the Singapore call center failed: 1 e-mail address was obviously no longer valid, there was no answer to another, another call was sent to me in a batic mailbox. Air call center in Singapore referenced. In my telephone attempts (not exactly cheap from Switzerland and because of time shift cumbersome) I either reached a non-competent person or stuck in the queue. Overall, the customer service at Batik Air, at least as far as communication is concerned, is a disaster. Anyway, I will not try to book with this airline. DE: Hatte bei Batic Air online über ihre Webseite für Januar 2019 Inlandflüge von Jakarta nach Sorong und retour gebucht. Wegen eines familiären Notfalls musste ich die Flüge kurzfristig stornieren. Mehrere Versuche über die angegebenen E-Mail-Adressen oder auch via Call-Center Singapur schlugen fehl: 1 E-Mail-Adresse war offensichtlich nicht mehr gültig, auf eine andere gab es keine Antwort, bei einer weiteren wurde mir Anruf in einem Batic-Air-Call-Center in Singapur verwiesen. Bei meinen telefonischen Versuchen (nicht gerade billig von der Schweiz aus und wegen Zeitverschiebung umständlich) gelangte ich entweder an eine nicht zuständige Person oder blieb in der Warteschlange stecken. Insgesamt ist der Kundenservice bei Batic Air, zumindest was die Kommunikation angeht, eine Katastrophe. Ich werde jedenfalls keinen Versuch mehr machen, bei dieser Fluggesellschaft zu buchen.
RouteJakarta to Sorong
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Batik is very good value"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jayapura. Comfortable flight with decent food and a good selection of movies. The only minor problem was that headsets were not provided and had to be purchased from crew for 25.000 Rp. With the fare very similar to no-frills Lion Air, part of the same group, Batik is very good value.
RouteJakarta to Jayapura
Date FlownNovember 2018

"recommend the Business class"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Makassar to Jakarta. The flight is fine, the staff is very friendly and the food is ok. Flying with Batik is a hit or miss because on my flight the IFE is said to be out of service, and the power outlet wasn't working. So it's a pretty boring flight. But for the Business class, it's on the cheaper side so I can recommend the Business class.
RouteMakassar to Jakarta
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"Don't fly Batik Air"

Trip Verified | Pekanbaru to Jakarta. Don't fly Batik Air. Starting from the ground service it is the worst. Actually we got no choice as we ran out seat of Garuda Indonesia . The boarding process is the worst out there , there were no specific boarding call for business class passenger, passenger with kids etc . The plane is quite a new A320. At least we took off on time but landed a bit off schedule due to traffic congestion at Jakarta . The service was quite friendly , it offers you a snack box consisting of a pizza bread and a muffin which is surprisingly , quite tasty. There were no hot drinks or soft drinks service as they told us bad weather, however during most of the flight, the weather is pretty fine except when we were about to land in Jakarta. Back to the seat , to my surprise again, the aircraft is equipped with Inflight Entertainment. However the selection is really bad though the screen is very responsive. The seat is also hard unlike Garuda Indonesia which the seat is so much better than Batik. Pricing wise, the ticket is also an overpriced $160 Sing dollar. With that amount of money, I could have flown Silk Air to some parts of Indonesia otherwise. Please think twice before you book a Batik Air flight.
AircraftA320-200
RoutePekanbaru to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2018

"still good value"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Jayapura via Makassar. Comfortable seats and good selection of movies, though no free headsets provided. Food quite basic, with only a glass of water for drink. Overall, still good value.
Route Jakarta to Jayapura via Makassar
Date FlownNovember 2018

"still hope that they can improve"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Surabaya. I travelled with Batik Air for more than 10 times for business trip and this one supposed to be a premium version of the sister, Lion Air. It's not as good as you think it will be. Let's say from 10 flights with Batik Air, 2-3 were delayed, and 1-2 flights without in-flight entertainment. The seat is quite comfortable, bread & water is good enough and cabin crew service is okay. I personally feeling okay to take this for domestic flights but still hope that they can improve the flight experience.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJakarta to Surabaya
Date FlownOctober 2018

"you will be disappointed"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Singapore in business class. The planes are new. Pilots seem reasonable competent, but service and food? Not even close. To fly from Sorong to Singapore, all on Batik, it will have taken me more than 30 hours. Plane was late in Sorong by more than one hour and then the ground staff couldn’t figure out how to speed up the passenger loading so we were another 45 minutes. We didn’t make up time in the air or in Makassar so were late to Jakarta and I missed the connection. To be fair the staff picked me up at the plane and made an effort to catch the flight, but we only had 7 minutes so it was wasted effort. We ended up at the customer service. While pleasant, no one spoke English, which was not really their fault but given they serve international customers, I would have thought English speaking was a requirement. After two hours I finally got my luggage and a car to take me to a local transit hotel, the Ibis. There are two at the airport, the Budget and Styles. They put me in styles. I would give the hotel less than 1 star. I left and paid for my own room at Ibis styles. Really, for business class, they use a very low quality hotel? They don’t even put their crew there. They were at styles! I was picked up at the hotel on time in they hotel car, as mentioned, part of Lion Group, they wanted to take me to terminal 3, which was the wrong terminal and then dropped me off at the wrong side of the terminal. Again, not a huge deal for a budget carrier, but if you think you are going to compete with Garuda, not even close. I will avoid Batik if there are other better airline options. Fortunately, today is Tuesday and my next flight is not till Saturday. I have not done a review of an airline before, but I knew little about the airline. I feel that I experienced quite a number of facets about the airline and it is clear what they can and cannot do. If you have to be somewhere or have tight connections, or expect major airline quality, you will be disappointed. If you expect Budget plus, then you will be satisfied.
RouteJakarta to Singapore
Date FlownOctober 2018

"No frills in business class"

Not Verified | Bali to Perth. No frills in business class apart from more leg room and wider seat. No choice of meals or drink. Economy passengers using overhead lockers for their luggage and would stand in business class going to the lockers and while waiting to use the front toilet most annoying for crew to get meal service. Why pay for this class when you get the same in economy. No lounge access in Bali.
AircraftBoeing 737 900
RouteBali to Perth
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Delay after delay"

Not Verified | Manado to Jakarta. Delay after delay, plane left two hours before time so we had to wait 6 hours, we already booked a hotel but couldn't use it because of our delay. On our way back the plane was one hour delayed, we missed our transfer to Istanbul. We had to pay for other tickets and had also to stay two more days in Jakarta instead of going home. We made a lot of costs, I sent a lot of mails to Batik air but don't get an answer.
RouteManado to Jakarta
Date FlownAugust 2018

"will never fly Batik Air again"

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Perth. No inflight entertainment at all. Food was the worst I have tasted. From 21st June 2018 it is to be a full service flight. Only water and Pepsi were available and both were warm. Staff speak very little English. The plane wasn't cleaned before boarding. The only complement I can give Batik Air is the leg room. We will never fly Batik Air again.
RouteDenpasar to Perth