Bamboo Airways

"this flight was terrible"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The review for this flight was terrible. 2 times I booked through the bamboo website using my credit card but it always failed, but the payment has been successfully taken. Call to CS they promised to call me back within 2 hours but after 3 hours I was not contacted. I was afraid the price would go up I asked for certainty because I didn't want to double book. My Vietnamese friend helped contact them and according to him I should ordered again, after I made a payment with a different credit card I still didn't receive the ticket. I complained to them via IG and they promised to forward my ticket and cancel another book in the morning. I explained that the price could go up in the future but they promised that I got the ticket according to what I bought. the next day I was contacted by them and they asked me to go to their office and kept on promising that I would get my ticket without having to buy a more expensive ticket, the ticket turned out to be 50% more expensive. after I got there. CS there was not at all helpful and they even admitted that the error was from their website, and what a brilliant service from them I was told by them to buy another ticket at a higher price - they admit it was their fault, and I am the loser because I was charged twice and as a recovery service I have to pay for the 3rd ticket at a price that is 50% more expensive and even their manager doesn't provide a solution, just ask for my number just to check who called me and yet again and also they asked the risk information too regarding my credit card. The food they provide is only 1 type, namely pork sandwiches. as a person who does not eat pork because of religion this is really very disappointing, there is no other food alternative so I don't get a meal. If possible to give 0 stars, i would be love to give it
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Do not try it"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Disaster, 2 tries, 1 canceled flight and 1 postponed 9 hours. Even Vietjet has more options. They destroyed our holidays twice in 2 months time. Its isn't worth the hassle, and its more costly in the end. Do not try it, you will regret it.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Cam Ranh
Date FlownJuly 2020

"The food was good"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Hanoi to Nha Trang. Very good airline, from the airport to the cabin. The cabin crew were friendly and hard working. The food was good for a 2 hours flight. Good legroom, fast service. Check in was quick.
AircraftA321-NEO
RouteHanoi to Nha Trang
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no sign of the promised refund"

Trip Verified | At short notice Bamboo Airlines cancelled our flight and proposed an alternative schedule that got us into Hanoi late at night as opposed to early afternoon as originally planned. We rejected the alternative flight and were advised that we would be refunded our flights subject to sending confirmation that we did not want the alternative and card details to facilitate the refund, which we duly did. Over a month on and six e-mails later we have still not had the courtesy of any communications from Bamboo and no sign of the promised refund.
RouteCan Tho to Hanoi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"pay a lot of money for some extra kilos"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Da Nang in January 2020. I had booked my flight ticket with an extra baggage and i also paid for it. But the airline couldn't find my reservation, so i have to pay a lot of money for some extra kilos at the checkin counter!
RouteSeoul to Da Nang
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Can't recommend the customer Service"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. Can't recommend the customer Service for the airline. The changed 3 different flights that i booked to another days. They offered me on the hotline to get a refund or change the flight if i write them an email, but i didnt get an answer!
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City

"Very bad service!"

Trip Verified | Phu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City. Very bad service! The changed my flight to the next day, the hotline sayed i can get a refund for the the flight ticket. But i need to write an email to the support, but i didnt get an answer back.
RoutePhu Quoc to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Do not use this airline"

Not Verified | I sent an email to their support and to refund email address about 10 days ago. Then I sent a follow-up email another 5 days after that. I got no response from anyone. I needed to urgently refund my tickets but It seems like they do not have any support and so I will have just lost my money. My country has put a travel ban on international travel so I couldn't take the flight. However, because Bamboo Airways did not reply to me I just lost my money. Do not use this airline.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"between a low cost and full service"

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Hanoi. Long queue at check-in. Bamboo really need more check-in desks. Asked to pay additional charge for hold baggage - it wasn't clear on their on-line reservation system that my fare didn't include baggage. Bamboo need to make their reservation system clearer what is and what is not included on each fare basis. Boarding straightforward. Flight departed on schedule (something quite rare in Vietnam!) and, smooth on an almost new 787. Water and small pastry served as during flight. Cabin crew were friendly and efficient. Airline tries to be mid way between a low cost carrier and full service airline - and is successful in this aim but More check-in desks please.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hanoi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the insensitive response"

Not Verified | Hanoi to Phu Quoc. Requested a review due to visa suspension and holiday cancelled due to covid-19. Here's the insensitive response: "Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for sending email to Bamboo Airways Customer Care System, After checking your booking code on system, your fare class is Bamboo Plus for domestic route. We regret that we would not apply refund policy for this fare class according to Bamboo Airways Commercial Policy. Yours faithfully."
RouteHanoi to Phu Quoc