Bamboo Airways

"reject children and elders to go to Priority"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Everything is perfect for an economy airline, it's much better than Vietnam Airlines by service, flight attendants, and seat quality. Food was served 3 times. In Australia, and Sydney particularly, everyone including the government care very much for elder and young children, they even have special quick line in Custom-service for elder and children. But, when checkin with Bamboo Airways in Sydney, the head manager reject children and elders to go to Priority line, claiming that "if the flight have 150 children, then we have to serve you all in this priority line"! This is what he had to say about that, while we have a 12 months old crying on our lap.
RouteSydney to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownNovember 2022

"A valuable carrier!"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | A valuable carrier! Good legroom! A very good one. I took a 1 hr flight so I cannot really review the service. Over all was okay. Boarding was fast and efficient. Nice gesture of having a usb port for the economy seats.
RouteHanoi to Hue
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Would not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Would not recommend this airline to anyone. Firstly, my luggage was lost when flying from the UK to Vietnam, and the airline was not helpful in keeping me updated on the progress locating my luggage. I finally received it about four days after initially landing in Hanoi, and was told that I would be eligible for $30 compensation as I needed to purchase essential items that were in my checked luggage. (The price of these exceeded $30, even for essential toiletries, but this was all they were willing to compensate.) However, they are unable to transfer the money to me; the two options are to either get it sent to a Vietnamese bank account, or to collect it in cash in Vietnam. As an international traveller, I do not have a Vietnamese bank account, and I was not informed of the option to collect the money in cash before leaving Vietnam. Therefore, it seems impossible to get my compensation. Second, the food and drink options on board are extremely limited, and despite trying to request vegetarian meals a number of times before checking in there were no options on board, apart from one pot of instant noodles over a 12 hour flight. Furthermore, you are only allowed one alcoholic beverage at meal times, and there is no option to purchase additional drinks.
RouteLondon Heathrow to Hanoi
Date FlownAugust 2022

"they moved the flight to an A320"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Booked travel on the 787 and in the end they moved the flight to an A320 (a very old one). Service of the cabin crew was ok. Food wise, wouldn't pay that much for business if I knew they were going to serve me that. If I was not mistaken, it was 2 choices, chicken rice or the beef udon. Total rubbish. Seat was cramped on business too.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Hanoi
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"Never again, what a disgrace"

Trip Verified | They will cancel last minute and won’t bother to send customers a courtesy email or text to inform you this has occurred. You’d think crew on the ground would be present to address concerns, of course not let’s make customers line up and find out themselves and send police incase things get out of hand. After speaking and emailing the representative here they apologised and said sit tight the company will get in touch to rebook. After getting home (a few hours later) received an email to say oh wait the flight isn’t canceled come back they are ready to fly now! I think not. Never again, what a disgrace.
RouteSydney to Ho Chi Minh
Date FlownAugust 2022

"doesn't position itself as low cost"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Quite uneventful, flight was on a very clean and new airplane. Got a little bottle of water and refreshing towel, probably a little biscuit or even small sandwich would have been appropriate as the airline doesn't position itself as low cost but rather full service.
RouteHanoi to Hue
Date FlownApril 2022

"Staff on board were pleasant but extremely untrained and disorganised"

Not Verified | Disorganised, poorly trained staff, tiny portions of food. Check in at Hanoi, staff member at check in desk was uninterested, sending messages on his phone the whole time he was serving me. Didn't ask security questions, didn't give me a chance to explain that the contents of my luggage were fragile, and didn't even offer a choice of seat. Food - only 2 very very small meals on a 13 hour flight. No vegetarian option. No options to choose meal before flight. Portions were small so an hour after eating I was starving (I weigh 50kg and do not eat much). Other passengers felt the same and staff made pot noodles when requested - so most the flight was engulfed in that nasty pot noodle smell. Dinner was served unannounced an hour and a half after take off, and then nothing until breakfast an hour and a half before landing. Service Staff on board were pleasant but extremely untrained and disorganised. They asked a few passengers to put phones away for take off but rule seemed to be arbitrarily applied. Same with seats in upright position. Half the cabin got offered eye shades, the other half didn't. Some passengers were clearly drunk and kept calling cabin crew who succumbed to their every demand at the expense and discomfort of other passengers. A circus/joke. Luggage Items in my suitcase were damaged on arrival. Positives: new aircraft.
RouteHanoi to London
Date FlownJune 2022

"terrible airline"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh to Quy Nhon. A terrible, terrible airline with awful customer service. Due to Covid-19, I could not fly on Jan 2021; I then requested for a refund. They took 2 weeks for every reply email, and they did not respond properly on Facebook, which ultimately take over 1 year and they still haven't refunded my money, despite my official request via email. Bottom line: choose Vietnam Airline or VietJet instead, don't fly Bamboo Airways. They are new to the market and already have a bad reputation.
RouteHo Chi Minh to Quy Nhon
Date FlownMarch 2021

"delighted with this airline"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | I was delighted with this airline. Check-in is very fast with no long line due to efficient crowd management (no designated boarding desk, instead one staff asked us which flight we board then directed us to a check-in desk which is empty and fast). Cabin staff is helpful, food selection is rather limited with only a cold sandwich provided for the HAN-SGN route (no hot meal, hot drinks or purchase option). Inflight entertainment not provided.
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh City
Date FlownDecember 2020

"this flight was terrible"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | The review for this flight was terrible. 2 times I booked through the bamboo website using my credit card but it always failed, but the payment has been successfully taken. Call to CS they promised to call me back within 2 hours but after 3 hours I was not contacted. I was afraid the price would go up I asked for certainty because I didn't want to double book. My Vietnamese friend helped contact them and according to him I should ordered again, after I made a payment with a different credit card I still didn't receive the ticket. I complained to them via IG and they promised to forward my ticket and cancel another book in the morning. I explained that the price could go up in the future but they promised that I got the ticket according to what I bought. the next day I was contacted by them and they asked me to go to their office and kept on promising that I would get my ticket without having to buy a more expensive ticket, the ticket turned out to be 50% more expensive. after I got there. CS there was not at all helpful and they even admitted that the error was from their website, and what a brilliant service from them I was told by them to buy another ticket at a higher price - they admit it was their fault, and I am the loser because I was charged twice and as a recovery service I have to pay for the 3rd ticket at a price that is 50% more expensive and even their manager doesn't provide a solution, just ask for my number just to check who called me and yet again and also they asked the risk information too regarding my credit card. The food they provide is only 1 type, namely pork sandwiches. as a person who does not eat pork because of religion this is really very disappointing, there is no other food alternative so I don't get a meal. If possible to give 0 stars, i would be love to give it
RouteHanoi to Ho Chi Minh