Bahamasair

"really took care of us"

Trip Verified | When I tell you the reviews was so discouraging and negative but go against all odds. The flight from Freeport to Fort Lauderdale was peaceful and safe. It was 3 members in my party. We were scheduled to return to the US on Sunday but do to hurricane Dorian on the way we had to leave the resort in a hurry. All the airlines we're booked! The only thing available was Bahamasair and I'm so grateful and took a huge leap of faith and booked. The aircraft took off on time with no delays, no turbulence and the pilot and team we're all will dress and pleasant. The Bahamians really took care of us. The flight was maybe 25 minutes with safe landing. When I read many of the reviews people were complaining about delays. Remember delays not denied. Thank you Bahamasair.
RouteFreeport to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they would not credit me"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Nassau. Do not trust these people or do not waste your time talking with them as to them it is all transactional and not based on customer service. As a million mile on a US carrier I was shock even with a non-refundable ticket they would not credit me and my because of this storm. All they would do is offer a discount and that we had to still use the ticket with in 6 months.
RouteOrlando to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"we deserve respect and communication"

Not Verified | Bahamasair is the worst airline you can ever imagine. After waiting in line for a ticket for 6 hours, we did not get to Nassau until the next day. We spent over 24 hours in an airport because of Bahamasair with no explanation. The staff were very rude and have horrible communication skills. This may come from the top tier. After flying to Nassau, which was not where we were flying, Bahamasair could not get us to where we booked our flight, to Eleuthera. I’ve emailed this company multiple times, and they never replied back. Customer service is ideal when running a company. The fact that is airline is government based and represents the country. We may not live there, but were paying to visit, we deserve respect and communication. Get it together Bahamasair, which I guess I’m saying this to the government since that who owns them. Save your money and time, fly Silver Airlines or anyone else but Bahamasair.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Eleuthera
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I feel very safe with them"

(Bahamas)

Not Verified | Freeport to Nassau. I see a lot of negative reviews and I’m really not sure why. I’ve flown Bahamasair my whole life, and while they’re not the best in the world I feel very safe with them. I experienced a slight delay my last time flying but I trust every delay with any airline is for a reason and put my safety above impatience. I’ve only flown on their newer aircrafts within the past 6 months I’ve been flying more frequently so I can’t really remember what the older planes are like. But the new ones are great, clean and bright on the inside. The crew are kind as most Bahamians are, the flights I take are always under 45 mins and completely stress-free. Like I said I don’t remember what the old planes are like so I only speak for the new planes. But I prefer them to a lot of other airlines I’ve been on. (Including American ones) I know Bahamasair pilots to be very talented fliers and that’s what’s most important to me. It’s just a plus that the interior looks nicer now, and since I don’t experience any extreme delays I really have nothing to complain about.
RouteFreeport to Nassau
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"has to be the worst airline"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Miami to Nassau. It has to be the worst airline in the world. You check in, wait at the gate, but no plane in sight. Suddenly all passengers run to another gate and onto the landing strip, where we wait for another airplane. No information is provided at anytime. We believed that it was just bad luck and that the return flight would be better, but it turned out even worse. I'd rather swim to the Bahamas and back than traveling with Bahamasair.
RouteMiami to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"ruined the end of our vacation"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Miami. I ordered four tickets with Bahamasair, but when I tried to checkin the day of the flight only two of my reservations showed up. When I called Bahamasair, the supervisor sent us on a wild goose chase calling our credit card company and forcing us to get to the airport extremely early. The stress of not knowing if we would be able to leave the Bahamas completely ruined the end of our vacation. When we got to the airport the staff at check in could not care less. Luckily Jetblue had an extra two seats to Fort Lauderdale (which cost an extra $500) otherwise we would have been in serious trouble. If I could rate an Airline lower than 1 star I would.
RouteNassau to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"avoid this airline at all costs"

Not Verified | Orlando to Nassau. December 24th made the 3rd and final time I will ever fly with this airline. Prior to this trip my other two flights were delayed upon departure as well as the return trip. Each way was delayed by at least 2 hours. On the first trip once we finally arrived in the Bahamas we were forced to sit on a hot plane for at minimum 30 minutes due to issues with the jetty. Our trip on December 24th was delayed for 4 hours with no explanation. We were due to arrive at 4:15pm and didn't land until around 8:30 pm. We had to sit on the plane for an additional 15 minutes due to, you guessed it, problems with the jetty. Take my advice and avoid this airline at all costs.
RouteOrlando to Nassau
Date FlownDecember 2018

"The worst airline ever!"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Our Bahamasair from Nassau to Orlando was 12 hours late. we arrived at 23.00 pm at Orlando! Therefore we missed or connecting flight LH465 from Orlando to Frankurt which departed at 8.15 pm. During our 12 hour stay in Nassau we did not receive any information about the delay and no help at all regarding connecting flights. The customer service did not react at all. Maximum confusion at the airport without any gate information. Arriving at Orlando the ground representative of Bahamas Air was unfriendly and unwilling to help. This was our worst experience ever when traveling around the world. The worst airline ever!
RouteNassau to Orlando

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Ft Lauderdale. Awful airline. Avoid at all costs. Terrible customer service. 90% of the time, your flight will be delayed. Planes are old. The cheap ticket is not worth it!
RouteNassau to Ft Lauderdale

"Terrible customer experience"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Ft Lauderdale. Bahamasair is the worst company I've ever flown with! Stay away from it. Both of our flights were rescheduled (the first one postponed by 3 hours, we arrived in Nassau by night instead of enjoying the afternoon there as it was planned). Please note that this flight was delayed on top of it. Our return, 3 days after, apparently got canceled (tho it still appears on the airport panels?) and landing location changed to a further airport! Now waiting in the boarding room for my return flight but the aircraft 's got a mechanical issue. No information from staff members! Terrible customer experience to avoid absolutely!
RouteNassau to Ft Lauderdale