Bahamasair

"Will never use again"

Trip Verified | Nasssu to Miami. Awful airline. Will never use again. We took 7 flights in total on this holiday around the Bahamas and Bahamasair was easily the worst! Destroyed husbands bag that had been in excellent condition before and been fine on all our other flights around the Bahamas. Contacted Bahamasair who refused to cover cost of replacement. My family were split up at the gate when boarding. We should have all been allowed priority boarding with the baby as we were all travelling together under the same booking. Had to wait for other family so didnt board until have the plane had already been allowed on. Baggage check in refused to allow a checked bag for my baby even though my ticket said I had 10kg. Was forced to pay an extra £35. Flight time on my ticket was an hour earlier than the I was told at the airport. Would have made it very difficult to make my connecting flight. Fortunately the connecting flight was delayed. Understand delays happen but this was a complete flight time change that I had not been notified of
RouteNasssu to Miami
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"100% unacceptable"

Trip Verified | I fly MVP Gold weekly on Alaska Airlines for work and pleasure. I know a good airline, and I know a bad one. BahamasAir is a customer communication mess, and worse than any other airline I've ever experienced. You show up at the airport, they don't tell you where the plane is, how long it will take, or if you'll make your next flight or anything that a modern-day airline does without question. Then, knowing the plane is delayed, they don't post the flight delayed until the flight is due to board. To make it even more ridiculous. There is no one at the gate, and the customer service line goes to a voice message. I asked the ticket counter to see if they could get us another connection but she said she could not see the flights. I asked if the airline used the internet and or any sort of modern communication available in the 21st century, she shrugged her shoulders and said no. How can an airline be so unorganized in this day and age and still be able to operate? If you're from the US, save your money and time if the Bahamas is on your list. We could have been on a beach in Italy faster than flying from Oregon to the Bahamas. Costa Rica is faster, Hawaii or anywhere for that matter. This is a mess of an airline and business. At a minimal timeline need to be communicated with reality. The overall Bahamasair experience is 100% unacceptable.
RoutePortland to Nassau via Orlando
Date FlownDecember 2019

"your flight will be late"

Not Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Nassau. If you even remotely care about being on time, do not fly with these guys. It is a 100% guarantee that your flight will be late, you will get no infomation about it and the airline will not care one iota that your flight is late.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Nassau
Date FlownApril 2019

"not recommend even slightly"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Freeport. Terrible airline. I emailed them for clarification of whether we'd be able to fly to Freeport after the hurricane as I was told by separate sources I would not be able to and they just ignored my emails. I asked several times and got ignored. But every time I contacted them with a fresh query, someone would respond until I again asked about whether the flight would go ahead and then they'd go silent. They rebooked our flights twice, each time not telling us (you have to go to their website and login to your booking to find out). One time I had to call them to check because their website wasn't letting me login so I couldn't check the status of the flight. Then the ground crew who checked us in at Freeport airport were rude, unhelpful and incredibly unprofessional. Would not recommend even slightly. However you might not have much choice as not many airlines fly to these small islands.
RouteNassau to Freeport
Date FlownDecember 2019

"really took care of us"

Trip Verified | When I tell you the reviews was so discouraging and negative but go against all odds. The flight from Freeport to Fort Lauderdale was peaceful and safe. It was 3 members in my party. We were scheduled to return to the US on Sunday but do to hurricane Dorian on the way we had to leave the resort in a hurry. All the airlines we're booked! The only thing available was Bahamasair and I'm so grateful and took a huge leap of faith and booked. The aircraft took off on time with no delays, no turbulence and the pilot and team we're all will dress and pleasant. The Bahamians really took care of us. The flight was maybe 25 minutes with safe landing. When I read many of the reviews people were complaining about delays. Remember delays not denied. Thank you Bahamasair.
RouteFreeport to Fort Lauderdale
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they would not credit me"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Nassau. Do not trust these people or do not waste your time talking with them as to them it is all transactional and not based on customer service. As a million mile on a US carrier I was shock even with a non-refundable ticket they would not credit me and my because of this storm. All they would do is offer a discount and that we had to still use the ticket with in 6 months.
RouteOrlando to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"we deserve respect and communication"

Not Verified | Bahamasair is the worst airline you can ever imagine. After waiting in line for a ticket for 6 hours, we did not get to Nassau until the next day. We spent over 24 hours in an airport because of Bahamasair with no explanation. The staff were very rude and have horrible communication skills. This may come from the top tier. After flying to Nassau, which was not where we were flying, Bahamasair could not get us to where we booked our flight, to Eleuthera. I’ve emailed this company multiple times, and they never replied back. Customer service is ideal when running a company. The fact that is airline is government based and represents the country. We may not live there, but were paying to visit, we deserve respect and communication. Get it together Bahamasair, which I guess I’m saying this to the government since that who owns them. Save your money and time, fly Silver Airlines or anyone else but Bahamasair.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Eleuthera
Date FlownDecember 2018

"I feel very safe with them"

(Bahamas)

Not Verified | Freeport to Nassau. I see a lot of negative reviews and I’m really not sure why. I’ve flown Bahamasair my whole life, and while they’re not the best in the world I feel very safe with them. I experienced a slight delay my last time flying but I trust every delay with any airline is for a reason and put my safety above impatience. I’ve only flown on their newer aircrafts within the past 6 months I’ve been flying more frequently so I can’t really remember what the older planes are like. But the new ones are great, clean and bright on the inside. The crew are kind as most Bahamians are, the flights I take are always under 45 mins and completely stress-free. Like I said I don’t remember what the old planes are like so I only speak for the new planes. But I prefer them to a lot of other airlines I’ve been on. (Including American ones) I know Bahamasair pilots to be very talented fliers and that’s what’s most important to me. It’s just a plus that the interior looks nicer now, and since I don’t experience any extreme delays I really have nothing to complain about.
RouteFreeport to Nassau
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"has to be the worst airline"

(Denmark)

Not Verified | Miami to Nassau. It has to be the worst airline in the world. You check in, wait at the gate, but no plane in sight. Suddenly all passengers run to another gate and onto the landing strip, where we wait for another airplane. No information is provided at anytime. We believed that it was just bad luck and that the return flight would be better, but it turned out even worse. I'd rather swim to the Bahamas and back than traveling with Bahamasair.
RouteMiami to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2018

"ruined the end of our vacation"

Trip Verified | Nassau to Miami. I ordered four tickets with Bahamasair, but when I tried to checkin the day of the flight only two of my reservations showed up. When I called Bahamasair, the supervisor sent us on a wild goose chase calling our credit card company and forcing us to get to the airport extremely early. The stress of not knowing if we would be able to leave the Bahamas completely ruined the end of our vacation. When we got to the airport the staff at check in could not care less. Luckily Jetblue had an extra two seats to Fort Lauderdale (which cost an extra $500) otherwise we would have been in serious trouble. If I could rate an Airline lower than 1 star I would.
RouteNassau to Miami