Azul Airlines

"good working free WIFI"

Trip Verified | Recife to Sao Paulo. The food was OK. A selection of chips, cakes, and other small snacks. But what was really fantastic is the punctuality. We left the Gate in Recife at 9:00 am and the seat belt signs turned off at 12:20 pm in São Paulo. Exactly the times that were on the Ticket. The plane also had very good working free WIFI (Actually better that in my house) and an entertainment system with a very small selection of films and series although it was an only 3h flight.
AircraftA320 neo
RouteRecife to Sao Paulo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"my food was of bad taste"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Lisbon to Viracopos/Campinas. New aircraft and smooth flight. However, the flight attendants were not very friendly and my food was of bad taste. There isn’t a good choice of drinks either and the entertainment is poor.
AircraftA330 Neo
RouteLisbon to Viracopos/Campinas

"a very good flight"

(Uruguay)

Not Verified | A good short flight. The flight was pleasant, with a very good snack service in which you can take what you want, the only thing I can complain of is the coffee. It was quite bad, all in all, a very good flight, especially with live TV.
AircraftE195
RouteSao Paulo to Rio de Janeiro
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Think twice before booking"

Trip Verified | Recife to Salvador. We booked Azul because of its good reputation but we’re shockingly disappointed in their service. The flight was delayed without explanation; however, the attendants allowed the passengers to stand in the breezeway and then sit on an extremely hot plane for an hour (as long as the flight should have been). We were only told that the reason the flight was delayed was due to being overweight because we asked an attendant. He explained that they would remove cargo so that we can have our flight. The Azul employees announced where to go for the baggage like normal. When we arrived in Salvador we waited at baggage claim for more than 30 minutes without explanation. Then only because we asked did an Azul employee explain that Azul did not lose baggage but rather decided to leave every single checked bag back in Recife without explanation, warning, or apology. We were then offered the option to sit in the airport for 3 hours to wait for our bags when we are only in Salvador for 2 days. The Azul staff were extremely unhelpful and would not replace medication or other necessities that were immediately needed. We spoke with a manager who did not give any appropriate reasoning for why the airline would choose to prioritize cargo over their own passengers who paid for their seats. She also refused to replace items that were immediately necessary and suggested that it could be more than a day before we get our bags (when again, we are only here for 2 days). Azul was extremely disrespectful to their international and local clients by making this decision and how they dealt with justifiably frustrated clients. We observed countless examples of Azul staff discounting client’s frustration with this behavior. Think twice before booking Azul.
RouteRecife to Salvador
Date FlownNovember 2019

"attendants are exceptional"

Trip Verified | Recife to São Paulo. My first time flying with Azul Airlines. The flight attendants are exceptional. They are very friendly and professional. They smile and check the passengers all the time. Seats are clean and good space. Good inflight entertainment. Great snacks.
RouteRecife to São Paulo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"€0 compensation for 5 hour delay"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Lisbon. Received an email a few days before the flight informing me the flight would be 2 hours early. No problem. Went to check in , I got passed from pillar to post, nobody spoke English, nobody wanted responsibility. Eventually someone who had to speak to me said ”didn’t you receive the mail?” Why insult your passengers with complete lies, it was never sent. Basically the flight was delayed by 5 hours. Generously, they had re-scheduled my connection in Lisboa. The lounge at VCP is quite basic, very little choice on either food or drink, so being stuck in it for 7 hours was quite depressing. Luckily the net worked very well. Eventually I got on the plane. The food served in business class was very poor for an international flight. Beef in sauce, rice, potato sticks. I have a Brasilian wife, I know what the local food is like, this was poor. Then the selection of “fine” cheeses for dessert. What an insult. No taste, all soft cheeses, biscuits still in the wrapper. Then the bed - very thin and old padding, you could feel everything underneath you, being 1.87M tall I could not stretch and slept in a curl. Unfortunately there is a hard circular rim at the bottom of the foot well. Very uncomfortable. The FA’s service was very good during dinner, non existent at breakfast. I was not offered a cup of tea. Very poor for business. I have to be honest, I have my doubts over Azul’s viability in the international long haul market. I would not advise any European to book because you are entitled to €0 compensation for a 5 hour delay and all the implications. I won’t use again.
RouteSao Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2019

"Seats are fine"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | We flew business with Azul from São Paulo to Lisbon. Seats are fine and so is the service by the flight attendants. However, the food and drinks are below the standards for business class. Aircraft is clean but temperature is a bit hot. Punctuality is very good.
RouteSão Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not allow online check in"

Trip Verified | Paris to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo. Did not allow online check in so when you are in transit you have to get out of the airport to at the check in counter to get your ticket! This is not possible in an international airport without having 4 hours between flight. Azul needs to upgrade to the 21st century. Call center useless unable to help and weird accent difficult to understand. Never again.
RouteParis to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the best airline in Brazil"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Salvador to Recife. My last experience with Azul Airlines could not be better, very fast Check-in and excellent service. The extremely educated and elegant flight attendants, quiet flying without surprises, fair seats by the paid class and good snacks. In my opinion, the best airline in Brazil.
RouteSalvador to Recife
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Flight canceled twice"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Montes Claros. I booked my trip with this company because it offered excellent price but I ended up paying a lot more. Flight canceled twice for no apparent reason. They don’t provide flights from Dallas so I paid fees to have those ones changed. I never had the same problem with other companies. They offered me 500 Brazilian Reals for my next flight with them within one year, which is unfair because I don’t plan on going back to Brazil. The plane from Belo Horizonte to Montes Claros was very small, it was very unpleasant.
RouteOrlando to Montes Claros