Azul Airlines

"attendants are exceptional"

Trip Verified | Recife to São Paulo. My first time flying with Azul Airlines. The flight attendants are exceptional. They are very friendly and professional. They smile and check the passengers all the time. Seats are clean and good space. Good inflight entertainment. Great snacks.
RouteRecife to São Paulo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"€0 compensation for 5 hour delay"

Trip Verified | Sao Paulo to Lisbon. Received an email a few days before the flight informing me the flight would be 2 hours early. No problem. Went to check in , I got passed from pillar to post, nobody spoke English, nobody wanted responsibility. Eventually someone who had to speak to me said ”didn’t you receive the mail?” Why insult your passengers with complete lies, it was never sent. Basically the flight was delayed by 5 hours. Generously, they had re-scheduled my connection in Lisboa. The lounge at VCP is quite basic, very little choice on either food or drink, so being stuck in it for 7 hours was quite depressing. Luckily the net worked very well. Eventually I got on the plane. The food served in business class was very poor for an international flight. Beef in sauce, rice, potato sticks. I have a Brasilian wife, I know what the local food is like, this was poor. Then the selection of “fine” cheeses for dessert. What an insult. No taste, all soft cheeses, biscuits still in the wrapper. Then the bed - very thin and old padding, you could feel everything underneath you, being 1.87M tall I could not stretch and slept in a curl. Unfortunately there is a hard circular rim at the bottom of the foot well. Very uncomfortable. The FA’s service was very good during dinner, non existent at breakfast. I was not offered a cup of tea. Very poor for business. I have to be honest, I have my doubts over Azul’s viability in the international long haul market. I would not advise any European to book because you are entitled to €0 compensation for a 5 hour delay and all the implications. I won’t use again.
RouteSao Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownMay 2019

"Seats are fine"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | We flew business with Azul from São Paulo to Lisbon. Seats are fine and so is the service by the flight attendants. However, the food and drinks are below the standards for business class. Aircraft is clean but temperature is a bit hot. Punctuality is very good.
RouteSão Paulo to Lisbon
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"not allow online check in"

Trip Verified | Paris to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo. Did not allow online check in so when you are in transit you have to get out of the airport to at the check in counter to get your ticket! This is not possible in an international airport without having 4 hours between flight. Azul needs to upgrade to the 21st century. Call center useless unable to help and weird accent difficult to understand. Never again.
RouteParis to Rio de Janeiro via Sao Paulo
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"the best airline in Brazil"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Salvador to Recife. My last experience with Azul Airlines could not be better, very fast Check-in and excellent service. The extremely educated and elegant flight attendants, quiet flying without surprises, fair seats by the paid class and good snacks. In my opinion, the best airline in Brazil.
RouteSalvador to Recife
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Flight canceled twice"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Montes Claros. I booked my trip with this company because it offered excellent price but I ended up paying a lot more. Flight canceled twice for no apparent reason. They don’t provide flights from Dallas so I paid fees to have those ones changed. I never had the same problem with other companies. They offered me 500 Brazilian Reals for my next flight with them within one year, which is unfair because I don’t plan on going back to Brazil. The plane from Belo Horizonte to Montes Claros was very small, it was very unpleasant.
RouteOrlando to Montes Claros
Date FlownDecember 2018

"charge me for one carry-on"

Trip Verified | Curitiba to Maringá. I was trying to do the self check-in, but some how it wouldn't allow me to do it. Then the agent tried to charge me for one carry-on luggage. We are a family of four, and we had a total of 4 backpacks and 3 carry-ons. The agent's argument was that one carry-on was 2 kg over the weight limit. We ask to rearrange it into our backpacks, but he was insisting in charging $100 reais and wanted to check-in that carry-on luggage. It got to a point that it made us feel extremely uncomfortable. We had to argue with the agent so we could take our carry-on without check it in, plus we did not have much time left to start boarding. Next time, I will avoid booking my flight with Azul. Extremely unprofessional customer service.
RouteCuritiba to Maringá
Date FlownNovember 2018

"have a free shuttle"

Trip Verified | Curitiba to Lisbon via São Paulo and have to stop in São Paulo Guarulhos (Brasil), and I had to go Viracopos for my next flight. On the ticket was write "Viracopos, São Paulo" but is in Campinas, 90km from Guarulhos. I ask for Azul to put a free shuttle between the two airport, because it was so difficult to know how to do. One employed of Azul said to me to take a Taxi, 150 reais / 30-40€ for doing this transfer. Please Azul Airline, it would be great for the next people, to have a free shuttle between Guarulhos and Viracopos when a ticket flight with this two airport is selling.
RouteCuritiba to Lisbon via São Paulo
Date FlownAugust 2018

"customer service was horrible"

Trip Verified | Rio de Janeiro to Santos Dumo. The airline charges for all checked baggage but does not inform you of this policy on the web site. They cancelled our flight with no reason provided. Made us stand in lines for hours, transfer by bus to another departing airport and then arrival airport required a 2 hour bus transfer. We lost an entire day of our vacation in Brazil. The customer service was horrible.
RouteRio de Janeiro to Santos Dumo
Date FlownJuly 2018

"airplane was clean, comfortable"

Not Verified | Flew Orlando to Rio de Janeiro. Great experience! The airplane was clean, comfortable. The staff were very friendly. Food on board was yummy. We had a delay on our first flight and thought we would miss our second flight, but the crew met us and other people that were running late and escorted us a short way to our next flight so we didn't wander around the airport searching for the gate. We are looking forward to use Azul again!
RouteOrlando to Rio de Janeiro