Azerbaijan Airlines

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I flew in April/May 2003 and I must agree with the gentleman from 2002 - the service was excellent and the food wasn't half bad for airline food. The plane I flew was a little older than most American-owned planes I have been on - but it was well maintained. The number of flight attendants was the biggest surprise for me - probably 10 - compared to a comparable U.S. flight of 4. And they are definitely attentive. When I flew there was a film on how to go through customs at the Baku Airport (in English) so that was a great help to me.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I sat down and waited for about 45 minutes until the crew announced they are starting to board the aircraft. "Oh boy" I said to myself and "the journey of your life is beginning" I thought to myself. I must have been judging it before I even boarded the plane which by the way had one of the cleanest salons I have ever seen. But their professional level service and quality shocked me since it was so much better of what anyone would have expected from a top airline. I mean a small Airline company of a small Eastern European country has reserved a spot in my top 5 air travel experiences. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't focusing on myself and was evaluating my opinions based on what I have been seeing around me. The crew didn't seem make a difference between passengers. Everyone seemed to be equally important whether they were French Azeri English American or Russian. I asked their hostesses for a bottle of water and some wine several times and I would get the same answer: "Of course!" When they were serving food I wasn't sure what they were serving. The hostess gave me a natural smile and showed me the samples of servings and explained what was in them. In major airlines that I have flown the crew would be as robotic as a person can get totally dehumanized. I felt culture in that although watching an original Hollywood movie with Turkish subtitles felt kind of odd. They must have understood one of them if not both. I know from my experience with airlines that no matter how big they get the only way to judge them stays the same - Quality of service (including security and assistance) is what counts.