Azerbaijan Airlines

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

Moscow (DME) to Baku and it was a great flight. The plane was newer than many I've been on in the US and very clean and comfortable. The service was good even in economy class and food was generous and quite tasty. The next flight Baku to Tblisi was also comfortable with excellent cabin crew.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

Dubai to Baku & return. The plane was an A320. It was full as usual. Food & service were basic but acceptable. It is important to note that economy passengers can only have 20 kgs booked luggage and they weigh your hand luggage (nothing over 10 kgs). Excess baggage charge on the DUB- Baku was quite expensive. On the return flight I was offered two ways to pay the charge - the fast way (in cash to the nice check in man - $20 which he pocketed) or the slow way by going to the excess baggage counter & paying $50. I always choose the fast way when in the old Soviet republics.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I have flown AZAL two times from Moscow - Baku - Moscow. The plane was clean and the crew friendly and helpful. Food was good - not very much different from other airline food. No delays everything went smooth.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I flew Azerbaijan Airlines from Tel Aviv to Baku and it was my worst flight experience ever. It could not be worse. The cabin attendants did not know very simple things about the better service and airplane crew. The food was awful only half-cup drinks the smell from the cabin reminded the one from a public lavatories in the University of Baku. The seats of the plane were nasty and dirty. The crew was rude and during the flight never announced basic information about the flight. Their English was terrible. In a word you easily get lost in the Azerbaijan Airlines flights!

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

My first trip with Azerbaijan Airlines was second to none! I experienced warmth from the crew added with an ease of confidence and individuality totaling unique!

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I flew with the airline to and from Baku in early December 2004 and was pleasantly suprised. The comfort food service and entertainment was superior to many major airlines. The aircraft was a 757 and on time both journeys. I have no complaints only praise for value enjoyable flights.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I have used Azerbaijan Airlines a number of times between Istanbul to London Gatwick; the fares are consistently cheaper than for other airlines (even in busy times it is possible to get a return flight from Istanbul to London for less than $300) and the flights are always on time. They also leave at convenient times. The airline uses a Boeing 757 on these flights with an in-flight film (more than on Turkish Airlines or BA on the same route). The comfort and food are satisfactory (it is probably time for the cabin to be spruced up) and the service is very good with drinks provided regularly throughout the flight. I would recommend this airline especially those who might be dubious about flying on an airline from a former Soviet republic.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

The gentleman in their London office I dealt with on the phone when making the booking was extremely helpful in explaining the various options to me. On the security front I was comfortable as x-rays and sniffer dogs were employed at the departure gate. Both flights departed and arrived on time and were comfortable. The food especially on the return flight was more than passable. The onboard service was excellent - nothing too much trouble for the cabin crew - even when dealing with the incessant demands of the "spoilt brat" male passenger in front of me who I would happily have throttled. These were the most pleasant flights I have made in years.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

What a rickety airline - I flew it twice in December 2003 and thought we were going to fall out of the sky. The flight from Baku to Kabul was on one of their typical Russian built aircraft that creaked and groaned the whole way. The return flight was not much better. At Kabul Airport we literally had to load our bags from a pile of luggage just dumped on the tarmac - it was total chaos. Had it not come at the end of a tough visit to Afghanistan it would have been scary - the guy in the cargo hold was just flipping bags everywhere with no regard for weight distribution - I hope I never have to fly this airline again.

Azerbaijan Airlines customer review

I flew in April/May 2003 and I must agree with the gentleman from 2002 - the service was excellent and the food wasn't half bad for airline food. The plane I flew was a little older than most American-owned planes I have been on - but it was well maintained. The number of flight attendants was the biggest surprise for me - probably 10 - compared to a comparable U.S. flight of 4. And they are definitely attentive. When I flew there was a film on how to go through customs at the Baku Airport (in English) so that was a great help to me.