Austrian Airlines

"short and proper handled"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Venice. I was flying back home and was running late after work to the airport. I had to check-in my suitcase and I wanted to print my boarding pass as well, therefore I wanted to go to the boarding counter with a person. I was told twice from the ground staff to handle it on my own. I´ve made it by talking to someone else to get to the hostess, as basically by not having constancy every employee is able to handle the work in a different way, very rude and unprofessional. I boarded and made it to Venice on time with my suitcases, the flight was very short and proper handled. Austrian airlines you need to make something to enhance the quality of the departure experience in all the airports.
AircraftEmbraer E95
RouteVienna to Venice
Date FlownOctober 2019

"very Austrian style"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Berlin. Last flight of the day and I was heading like all the other passenger to a destination that much for leisure, I was sitting in a good row where I had a good legroom, but I was a bit disappointed when the snack came which was a very small and little one and the flight was approx. 1.15h and I´ve received a better goodie while flying for also just 45 min. The cabin crew that evening was very tired and not very polite, but was ok, at least still professional, but very Austrian style.
AircraftA320-200
RouteVienna to Berlin
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"comfortable and spacious"

(Austria)

c✅ Trip Verified | I was flying for actually a very expensive price a short-haul to Krakow. I flew with the small plane Dash Q8-400. I was sitting in row n3 on the window and unexpected I had the best legroom ever, super comfortable and spacious with a narrow and tiny ceiling but the hostess which served the quick snack was very friendly and always smiley, which is not often happing when you fly Austrian airlines. I loved that 55 minutes flying.
AircraftDash Q8-400
RouteVienna to Krakow
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they are making a good job"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Vienna. I was booked on the Austrian Airlines flight to Vienna, a very short flight, approx. 1h 15 min, they have served a quick snack just come cookies and a drink. The crew was friendly but not very helpful.I keep flying the airline as they are making a good job.
AircraftA319-100
RouteBerlin to Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"crew is very professional"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | I often fly this route between, Vienna and Venice, and I can always state the same, the cabin crew is very professional and the ground staff very average and low class. I can never complain about the cabin crew as they are always providing with clear information, a nice goodie and when I ask something they try to fulfill even if it. I would recommend the airline
AircraftE95
RouteVienna to Venice
Date FlownDecember 2019

"The flight was very short"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Venice to Vienna means checking in with the S.A.V.E. group which is not the same that the checking in with their own staff. In Venice your checking-in procedure is running smooth if you talk Italian but otherwise it becomes a very average and not so easy to communicate with the staff. The flight was very short as usual, and the bus boarding is a mess. Normal flight with a nice late morning coffee with manners.
AircraftE95
RouteVenice to Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"forced to check in our carry on"

Trip Verified | In Dec and Jan, we had a flight from Washington to Tehran via Vienna. Before the flight, I found that there were available seats and I asked an agent to change our seats. She told me it is not possible. I told her that I see the available seats on the online checking. Then, she told me I should wait till the flight. Finally, another agent changed our seats. Low food quality. They have just pasta and chicken. In another flight, there was just semi-warm pasta. They didn’t have sleep mask, shoes, earbuds, and fragile labels for your suitcase. VIE airport was boring and expensive. The boarding of the flight from Vienna to Tehran was not in a boarding corridor; It was in the open-space of airport (VIE) in Vienna’s Winter and we were waiting for 15 minutes to enter the flight. The plane was small and the crew didn’t help the passenger to find space for their carry on. They just watched them. They could ask the passengers to put their backpack and handbag under the seats, instead of putting them in closets. Just smiling without doing anything. When we arrived, we found that one of our luggage was not arrive and we were told it would be delivered in the following days. The IKA security told us that we need to ask the flight manager to come and get them. The flight manager said that they can’t help us. That was the flight policy and we would have to left the frame at the airport. I was lucky that my family was still at the airport. So, I asked them to get the frames from the airport. It was such a pain. Then, we were forced to check in our carry on because there was no space in closets.
AircraftBoeing 777 / A320
RouteWashington to Tehran via Vienna
Date FlownDecember 2019

"connecting flight was not Star Alliance"

Trip Verified | I was at Klagenfurt Airport on January 3rd 2020. I inquired information regarding my flight for January 7th 2020. I was informed by ground crew that I would have enough time to change aircraft for a connecting flight, and I would be checked thru to my final destination which was Philadelphia. As I arrived for my flight on January 6th in Klagenfurt I was met by ground crew and was informed that my connecting flight was not Star Alliance and will not be able to assist me. Further, my flight from Klagenfurt was 30 minutes late, and it took 25 minutes to receive my luggage, which in turn I missed my connecting flight with British Airways. I went to AAS in Vienna, and they informed me that I had to speak to ground crew at the ticket counter as they were able to assist me. I was told that I would need to go back to AAS and book a new ticket. I am not sure where Austrian Airlines receives their Customer service training but it needs serious improvement. Not only were they rude, but not helpful at all.
RouteKlagenfurt to Vienna

"no hotel as promised"

Trip Verified | Our connecting flight from Belgrade to Vienna was delayed leaving us only 10 minutes to board the flight from Vienna to Prague. The ground staff who came to receive and transfer us to the new flight made it clear that the checked in baggage will not be transferred on the onward flight and gave us an option to take the next available flight in the morning with the luggage. After confirmation they also told us that we will be provided accommodation in a hotel. Based on this we chose to wait at Vienna to pick up our checked in luggage and board the morning flight. The ground staff asked us to contact the ticket desk for the tickets and hotels. When we contacted the ticket desk, we were asked to pay 110 Euros each (3 of us) for the next flight and no hotel accommodation as promised. We had to spend money from our pocket and take a Cab to Vienna.
AircraftBombardie
RouteBelgrade to Prague via Vienna

"a symbol of excellence"

(Israel)

Trip Verified | I fly a lot in the Vienna to Tel Aviv route, the flight service is usually fine. Today's flight OS861 from Vienna to Tel Aviv was special thanks to the service manager on board, Barbara. I have never seen such a kind and professional service from a flight service manager. Throughout the flight, she did not rest for a moment and kept asking if I wanted anything more to eat or drink. She is a symbol of excellence in service Well done.
RouteVienna to Tel Aviv