Austrian Airlines

"my flight got cancelled"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Berlin to Vienna. Arriving at the Berlin airport 2 hours before the flight I realise that my flight got cancelled. Heading to the counter they offered me to go Berlin-Frankfurt-Vienna which meant that I would arrive in my final destination 8 hours later Than my previous flight. After checking the schedule I realise that there are 2 more flights from Austrian Airlines which will happen one at 09.00 am and one at 11.00 am. After negotiating they rebooked me at the flight at 11:00am.
RouteBerlin to Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Contingency planning appalling"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Zagreb via Vienna. Appalling service. Flight delayed by 50 mins resulting in no onward flight to Zagreb. Contingency planning appalling. Nothing in place e g. holding the next (last) flight to Zagreb Until our arrival. Flight could only be offered at lunch time the next day. Waiting at Vienna airport from 5 pm until 7.30 in a long queue to be told this so had to take an 11 hour train journey to Zagreb to make my business meeting the following day having had little sleep. Staff rude and deeply unhelpful. Still no apology email 3 days post flight. Would never recommend as my return flight is already 20 minutes delayed.
RouteManchester to Zagreb via Vienna
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not compensating us for delay"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Marrakech via Vienna. My wife and I booked a connecting flight from Zurich to Vienna and lastly to Marrakech, we were supposed to reach Marrakech at 1pm. However, due to a technical issue with the plane we were delayed for more than an hour causing us to miss our connecting flight from Austria to Marrakech. When we reached Vienna and approached the Austrian airlines service center, we were told by the staff that the only way for us to get to Marrakech is to fly from Vienna to Brussels and Brussels to Casablanca and from Casablanca to Marrakech which we did as that was the only option given to us. We only arrived at Marrakech close to 11pm which is more than 9 hours of delay .. we waited to collect our baggage but it did not arrived at Marrakech and we were told by the representative of Austrian airlines in Marrakech that they are not able to locate our baggage in their system. We then asked if it is possible for them to notify us when they have found our baggage but the representative said that we have to call them everyday to check the whereabouts of our baggage and that it is not their responsibility to notify us. We then wrote in to Austrian airlines feedback team to ask about what are the things that we are able to claim due to the lost of baggage and all they said was to send them our receipts and they will review. Their feedback team response time is really slow and things are worst when you are under such a difficult situation during part of your trip. This was their reply when we asked them what we are able to claim due to the lost of baggage, " We will get back to you as soon as possible. Due to the extraordinary high volume of incoming requests we do need longer to answer you. We thank you for your understanding." We wasted almost 2 days of our holiday due to the delay and the time spent to travel to get our essentials such as toiletries and new clothing which we did not need to buy if not for the lost of baggage. After our trip, we were offered 100% of expenses for cosmetic products and 50% for clothes due to the lost luggage. Please take note that they will neither send your lost baggage to your hotel once they have found it nor will they reimburse for the cost of your transport to collect your baggage from the airport and back to the hotel. We were then told that the technical issue with the plane was due to reason beyond their control and therefore the Airlines will not be compensating us for the delay caused.
RouteZurich to Marrakech via Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"wait five hours in Vienna"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Kiev to Stickholm via Vienna. I had fa short transfer time in Vienna, 40 minutes, but this was within the approved connection time. The flight from Kiev was 10 minutes late and made a remote parking. After transfer by bus, I was able to pass the passport control in a few minutes and rushed through security. I arrived running at the gate 11 minutes before departure. I was denied boarding and had to wait five hours in Vienna for the next flight to Stockholm. The staff could have let me board and my star Alliance status did not matter at all. Rude staff at the gate and lousy compensation (12 euros to be used at snack bars in the Airport). I will make sure to avoid Austrian and Vienna Airport in the future.
AircraftEmbraer ERJ-195LR
RouteKiev to Stickholm via Vienna

"Welcoming, young crew"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Sofia via Vienna. European business class seating with a blocked middle seat from a 3-3 configuration. Ample seat pitch. Welcoming, young crew. Catering as always one of the best on European flights. Luggage on the belt 7 minutes after debarring the plane. Nice experience!
AircraftA320 / A319
RouteZurich to Sofia via Vienna

"the staff is not nice"

Trip Verified | Austrian Airlines sold me a ticket from London to Dnipro via Vienna. Transfer time calculated was 30mins. I had flown this route once before and of course it was delayed but they transferred us directly from the airplane to the new airplane with a bus. This time round we arrive 30m late, although the Dnipro flight was slightly delayed as well, they chose not to do the bus (I had asked for it during the London Vienna flight) and when we got in there was simply no info. Staff was rude saying to us, we are getting a bigger plane so maybe you can fly tomorrow. Next day we are flying, massively delayed flight to dnipro. Most importantly the staff is not nice, does not care and not professional.
RouteLondon to Dnipro via Vienna

"staff very friendly"

Trip Verified | Sarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna. I got upgraded on this flight to business class. Tho only a 1-hour trip, they offer full service consisting of a small warm dish and a delicious cake. Service provided by the staff was very friendly and correct. Of course, the seat was just an economy class seat with the middle one blocked, an upgrade is always welcome. We landed in time at Vienna airport.
RouteSarajevo to Amsterdam via Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"very kind and friendly staff"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Frankfurt to Vienna. I am a regular customer of Austrian and usually pleased with this airline. But this flight was exceptionally good due to very kind and friendly staff. As it was an evening flight I have pre-ordered a Do&Co meal. The flight attendant asked me probably 7 mins into the flight if I would prefer to sit at an emergency row seat completely to myself as it offers more space to fully enjoy this meal. I was serviced twice with drinks and felt like a VIP or business class traveler. Truly excellent service attitude of the staff. Thank you!
RouteFrankfurt to Vienna
Date FlownOctober 2019

"My carry on was weighed 4 times in total"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Flew Austrian Airlines from Skopje to Paris via Vienna. No e-boarding pass. No assistance when I left coat on board and asked right after getting out. I was told that “they don’t have personnel sitting and wating for me to loose my belongings”. I had carefully selected a window seat but when boarding, I was reassigned to another seat with no window without explanation and from the automatic gate, no one talked to me. My carry on was weighed 4 times in total because they don’t want to bother with rearranging suitcases on board and make you systematically check in if over 8kg.
RouteSkopje to Paris via Vienna

"rebookings are a joke"

(Belgium)

Not Verified | Brussels to Tirana via Vienna. We had a terrible experience with Austrian. Our first flight had a 2-hour delay and therefore we missed our connecting flight. We received horrible rebooking offers and ended up departing 2 days later from Vienna via another stop to Tirana. Both flights were delayed again. We had a total delay of 40 hours with Austrian Airlines. Due to these problems we asked the airline for compensation and they flat out refused. It is the worst customer management we have ever experienced as they deny responsibility and accountability. Will never fly with this airline ever again. Austrian Airlines and Vienna airport work the angle of very short layovers and how they work so well, but if anything goes wrong you get the worst help possible and they will not take responsibility and rebookings are a joke.
RouteBrussels to Tirana via Vienna