Austrian Airlines

"Friendly teams on board"

(Belgium)

Trip Verified | The two segments were done in Embraer planes. Not a lot of passengers on board, good meal on both segments. Friendly teams on board, hot meal and sweet to Vienna, sandwiches and a sweet to Dubrovnik. Choice of beverages including Austrian wines. Luggage in Dubrovnik did arrive quickly.
AircraftEmbraer
RouteBrussels to Dubrovnik via Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"denied access to the Austrian lounge"

Trip Verified | Flight uneventful. Just a coffee or water on this 1.5h flight, Seat narrow and uncomfortable. Despite being a Star Alliance Gold member, I was denied access to the Austrian lounge. I was told that they do not accept non Austrian or Lufthansa Status members. Priority card holders were happily accepted. Appalling that they contradict their own policies on their website!
RouteVienna to Hamburg
Date FlownAugust 2020

"Crew was friendly"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | The Bombardier Q400 plane was nearly full; what about the 1 meter distance between passengers? Crew was friendly. Pilot made an effort to avoid the major thunderstorms. No docking at ramp, therefore waiting time in plane upon arrival - due to thunderstorm. Carry-on luggage stowage limited in plane.
AircraftBombardier Q400
RouteGeneva to Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2020

"the flights are canceled?"

Trip Verified | Newark to Sarajevo via Vienna. I was waiting to board to Vienna for almost 3 hours that she would call my name for a message, 10 minutes prior the boarding she ask me how can you book a ticket for your final destination Vienna Sarajevo when the flights are canceled? Who told me it’s been canceled who?Did I get a e mail or phone call that is canceled? No. You are telling me 10 minutes prior the boarding that flights are canceled? Boarding was at 4.40 plane should leave at 5.40 and that was at the terminal c gate 65 at the newark airport.
RouteNewark to Sarajevo via Vienna
Date FlownJuly 2020

"crew was friendly"

Trip Verified | The first leg was operated by a propeller aircraft, so most cabin bags had to be checked into the baggage compartment. Only the smallest roller bags and backpacks were allowed. The seats were cramped and uncomfortable, especially if you had someone sitting next to you. Not to mention, that the aircraft is louder than most jet aircraft. We were served a regular snack and drink, like on every economy flight within Europe. After landing in Vienna, luggage handlers were swift in returning the carry-on suitcases. For the second leg, boarding was well organized. The seat had an adjustable headrest, as well as a blanket and pillow waiting for me. Since this was an old Boeing 767, there was no WIFI installed. We took off on time and the crew began serving us right away. Austrian has two hot meal options available to pick from, however, you may pre-order dietary meals online. The IFE was easy to use and headphones were provided. The movie selection was mediocre. Before landing, we were served a cold snack. The flight crew was friendly and everything was on time.
AircraftQ400 / Boeing 767
RouteOdessa to Miami via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I was late 5 minutes"

Trip Verified | I was supposed to fly Austrian from Vienna to Budapest. My Air Canada flight from Toronto to Vietnam was 20 minute late I did my best to find the connecting gate, however it was the other side of the airport. I got only 35 minute to get there. I got my boarding pass and run for the gate, there was nobody, I was late 5 minutes. The 5 minutes coast me 7 hours, I got Budapest 6 PM instead of 11 AM.
RouteViena to Budapest
Date FlownMarch 2020

"not fly with Austrian again"

(Greece)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Athens. The business class is unacceptable. I was sitting on the second raw (2A) and the leg room was more than limited. The service was poor and the cabin crew were not very welcoming and cheerful to me. I will not fly with Austrian again.
RouteVienna to Athens
Date FlownMarch 2020

"crew completely disinterested"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Cape Town. We have just landed in Vienna. I had the worst experience ever with the cabin crew. They were completely disinterested. The service was non-existing. The bathrooms dirty without toilet paper. I will never fly Austrian Airlines again.
RouteVienna to Cape Town
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"onboard service isn't the best but still good"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Düsseldorf with Austrian Airlines. Ground staff were very friendly and handled boarding nicely. Interrior of aircraft looked good and was clean. Cabin Crew was also very kind even though onboard service isn't the best but still good.
RouteVienna to Düsseldorf
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"comfortable on board"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Venice. For one time in my life I´m not running late to my flight as I was all relaxed flying back home in the morning and with no luck, I could not catch my flight on time as we were delayed due to bad weather. I was very tired from the past week at work and slept bad the previous night therefore I´ve asked the flight attendant a pillow and closed my eyes after the snack, which was very average for being the morning. Anyways the flight was ok and not so bad, overall, I was feeling comfortable on board.
AircraftEmbraer E95