Austrian Airlines

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Chicago. Flight cancelled for technical issues, but no reason given until speaking to agent at rebooking. Spent an entire day 8:30am to 4:30pm to get on an alternative flight; process felt rushed and disorganized. Paid extra for both economy plus and for a direct flight. Got rebooked a full day later, for an indirect and inconvenient red eye departure. To add insult to injury, second leg transatlantic was with lowest quality rated partner airline, bumped down to economy and a middle seat. Was told this could be fixed at intermediate stop... Stood in 3 lines was unable to get a better seat. Will never fly this airline again.
RouteVienna to Chicago
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I was very disappointed

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Venice to Vienna. The check-in procedure in Venice went very quick as I was able to check in at the business Class counter although I was flying coach. The flight went fast AND the hostesses were not able to provide all passengers with the snacks, not a big deal maybe, but still a bit disappointing from my point of view, because it´s always pleasant to receive something during the flight. Once in Vienna I had to wait 50 minutes for my suitcase to be delivered, not just me, but the whole passengers from Venice. This was definitely the worst thing of the flight as I basically had one hour in the late evening, I was very disappointed from it.
AircraftEmbraer E95
RouteVenice to Vienna
Date FlownJune 2019

"Food on board was fine"

Trip Verified | Vienna to Athens. Senator lounge was acceptable, but packed. Nice view on tarmac, very limited breakfast. I had previously noticed that this flight was 1 hour late, everyday in the previous 2 weeks. Ours did not escape the rule. Late departure and late arrival. Very messy boarding (common on Austrian european flights) explains part of it, leading to a loss of departure slot. Then we apparently had to a new slot as we remained on the ground 40 mn after closing doors. Food on board was fine.
RouteVienna to Athens
Date FlownJuly 2019

"late for all segments of flight"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Split to Bucharest via Vienna with Austrian Airlines. They were late for all segments of flight for no visible or explainable reason. No explanation from the crew. We missed a ferry in Split on their account of being late. Free food on-board is a joke.
RouteSplit to Bucharest via Vienna
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"seat the same as Economy"

Trip Verified | Munich to Vienna. Another funny short-haul Business Class by Lufthansa Group. Price was out of mind and seat was the same as Economy without another beautiful touch, anyway, it’s “enough”. The things that made it worth it was the Ground Service and Priority Luggage Tag
RouteMunich to Vienna

"Bad service"

(Romania)

Trip Verified | Bucharest to Dubrovnik via Vienna. Don't recommend. Bad service. Crew unprepared, cancelled the flight without information for me. Flight was delayed. I will never fly again with them.
RouteBucharest to Dubrovnik via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight to Larnaca departed without me"

(Cyprus)

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Venice to Larnaca via Vienna with Austrian airlines and when I had booked the ticket the airline gave me as an option a 25 minute stop over in Vienna, which obviously what not enough as the flight to Larnaca departed without me. They knew 25 minutes would not be enough to change aircraft in such a big airport but they still sold the ticket. So I arrived in Vienna and I was told that the flight had left already and that the next one was in the next morning when I was supposed to go back to work. They booked a room for me at a hotel near the airport which didn't provide the basics and they also denied to return my luggage saying it would be loaded on the flight to Larnaca in the next morning therefore I was left without clean clothes and my personal stuff. And as if all these were not enough, the flight to Larnaca in the next morning had a delay of more than two hours.
RouteVenice to Larnaca via Vienna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"Never use Austrian Airlines"

Trip Verified | It has been the most terrible journey in my entire life. We were supposed to travel from Sibiu to Paris via Vienna. The first plane has been delayed, we had only 60 minutes to go to the gate and to change flight in Vienna airport, the cabin crew told us that they would be waiting for us which didn't happen when we arrived at the gate, they told us it would have been ok 3 minutes ago with no explanation. We were a group of 10 people, we had to stay the night in Vienna airport and the next day we had to fly to Paris and they managed to lose our luggage. Never use Austrian Airlines.
RouteSibiu to Paris via Vienna

"can recommend Austrian"

(Austria)

Trip Verified | Vienna to Varna return. Dropping off luggage was as smooth at Vienna Airport nevertheless a cpl of agents were available for those who needed assistance. Also security checks went smooth and all counters were staffed. Flights on both sectors were almost on-time, cabin crew was nice and caring. Bar service was offered after take off. Seat comfort was better than on most other planes I have used used. Luggage delivery was quick too, on both portraits the luggage was already waiting for passengers (probably due to the passport control that took some time). Really can recommend Austrian.
RouteVienna to Varna
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I would fly Austrian again"

Trip Verified | Athens to Newark via Vienna. I had paid extra for an aisle exit row seat with extra legroom. The touch screen was sensitive but I found the movie selection limited. What I did miss is not able to purchase wifi on this Boeing 767. What I did like was that all economy plus seats had thick double sided quited blankets rolled up rather than the paltry thin excuses of a blanket on other airlines. The meal was just ok as economy airline meals go. I had the chicken with rice rather than the pasta. No ice cream for dessert as on United. Beverage service was frequent and attendants professional and friendly. My flight was routine that got me from point A to B on time. I would fly Austrian again if I can't fly United.
RouteAthens to Newark via Vienna