Aurigny Air

Aurigny Air customer review

I fly Gatwick-Guernsey-Alderney or Southampton-Alderney return about eight times a year. The service is excellent value for money (considering the costs of operating old small planes) always a friendly smile at Southampton and in Alderney. More a community bus service than an airline except the new Embraer 195 used on Gatwick-Guernsey is very sleek and professional. You spend longer waiting for bags at Gatwick sometimes than actually in the air - so tend to stick to Southampton (plane to train personal best so far at 3 minutes 40 seconds). Fantastic.

Aurigny Air customer review

I flew GCI-LGW-GCI in November. 5 minutes early on departure. Arrival into LGW early. Even the bags arrived quickly. Cabin crew under pressure to serve the free drinks but got there. On return the only slight delay was the need for the long taxi down to the end of the runway at Gatwick. On time arrival. On E195 super plane 31m flight. Bag delivery in GCI could be improved though very slow. I have travelled 30+ times on Aurigny this year. Never let me down they always get me home.

Aurigny Air customer review

I flew from Jersey to Alderney via Guernsey and experienced delays. Not really a problem as had been warned by telephone of the delay in Guernsey and the fact that it happened in Jersey was immaterial. Everyone was perfectly friendly and civilised. However a few days later I flew from Alderney to Gatwick via Guernsey and while the flight was fine and everything on time I found the ground and cabin staff to be offhand at the very least and was made to feel as if I was an idiot when I undid my seatbelt to pay for my drink and when I asked for information on arrival in Guernsey. I really think that as a small airline if they want to attract customers they should give their staff better training in their general approach. Just a smile and a pleasant way of speaking would be an improvement on a sigh and a grimace.

Aurigny Air customer review

Flew on the new jet from Gatwick to Guernsey and back last Thursday - a trip I often make. New Embraer 195 aircraft is now being used by Aurigny. Flights both ways on time and very quick coming back in the evening from take off to landing was just 31 minutes. That meant a difficult job for the cabin crew to get drinks to everybody in time but they're obviously used to it and completed the task with a few minutes to spare. As always with Aurigny a great and friendly service only quicker now!

Aurigny Air customer review

East Midlands to Guernsey on an ATR-72. Nice to have a proper airline service with a person to check in your bag plus complimentary drinks and newspaper on board. Aircraft clean and presentable departed on time but arrived slightly late due to strong head winds. Flight a little bumpy in parts. Cabin crew service efficient and with a smile. Good flight price. Would fly with Aurigny from my local airport again.

Aurigny Air customer review

My wife and I had gone to Guernsey for a weekend so we could do the G-JOEY flight having seen voted best small airline by which magazine makes them look good. The weather was a bit poor and they do say if there is bad weather the flights might get cancelled so as is was awful we were not to sure if the flight would go ahead. Twenty minutes from departure the clouds broke up and sun started to appear which was a relief but then the flight got cancelled we were taken out of departures and that was it. We were told that according to the metro logical forecast the weather was not good but had Aurigny ops looked out of there window it was sunny and as we were only having a twenty minute trip on the plane And I saw no problem weather wise. However the truth came out accidentally let slip by a member of staff that the plane was needed for the 15.20 Alderney service to depart late at 15.55 which is why the trip was cancelled where as our schedule should have been a 15.45 departure. We were not the only passengers that had travelled from mainland Uk just for this flight and felt let down by the airline after paying to fly to Guernsey for the short flight. Having contacted the airline and no reply yet why they need twenty eight days to reply I will never know for a small airline sadly now I will possibly not get to fly this aircraft as it is due to come out of service.

Aurigny Air customer review

Me and my wife use Aurigny often as our daughter grandchildren and son in law live on Alderney. The staff are friendly and polite. Only get delayed when there is bad weather on the island. Only criticism is the price of tickets could do with more offers as we fly from Southampton.

Aurigny Air customer review

We have just used Aurigny Air for the first time flying from East Midland to Guernsey. We have flown over the last 6 yrs several times a year with Flybe - no more. flight was on time going and coming back in fact we made it both ways ahead of time both ways staff were smart polite and professional. What was also nice was the complementary drink and free local paper.

Aurigny Air customer review

30/8/2013 from Stansted on flight no GR437 to Alderney via Jersey and Guernsey and returned on 3/9/2013. Impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of staff second to none. The only blip on the horizon was at the information desk in Guernsey where expecting the usual smile in answering a simple question was completely the opposite small moan in what was first class treatment. We shall certainly travel with your airline again and tell our friends to do the same.

Aurigny Air customer review

Flight cancelled out of Guernsey due to fog - put on a flight 28 hours later (which was 30 mins late taking off). Staff totally disinterested - no offer of practical or financial help - just told to claim on travel insurance. To cap it all we were placed right in the middle of a noisy football team when we finally got away.