ASKY Airlines

"food served was utterly inedible"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Check in with rude staff. Boarding chaotic. On board the food served was utterly inedible - stale bread. Inadequate drink selection. Dirty aircraft, despite it not being that old. Rude cabin staff. Uncomfortable business class seat. Only positive was good ground handling of business class passengers on arrival in Lome.
RouteDouala to Lome
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Very Terrible Experience"

(Cameroon)

Not Verified | Very Terrible Experience. I flew with Business Class but yet my luggage did not arrive. Have tried to call the ASKY office but cannot get information. No official communication has been made as to when we will get our luggage. Will never consider flying ASKY again if had an alternative.
RouteBrazzaville to Douala via Lome
Date FlownDecember 2021

"my bag was damaged"

(South Africa)

Not Verified | I flew to Lome from Johannesburg. When l got my bag at arrival in Lome, the luggage wrapping was removed and my bag was damaged. I reported to Asky offices and they requested that I give them my empty luggage for investigating, which I did. They promised to give my feedback before I return as I was in Lome for a week. They never called back. I had to buy another suitcase. I have sent numbers of mails still no response except to acknowledge my query. The staff on board was rude to me, ne got so upset with me for asking her to give me a 2nd cup of tea.
RouteJohannesburg to Lome
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no luggage was found "

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Very disappointing, they are not reliable enough when it comes to luggage management. When checking it from Libreville to Johannesburg i had to take a connection flight from Lome, same airline but they couldn't check the luggage to Johannesburg. I have been instructed to collect the luggage from Lome and check in again to Johannesburg. When arrive in Lome access was dined by immigration visa was required. I reported to the Asky agent in Lome and advised all in order my luggage was sent Johannesburg. Then when I arrived in Johannesburg no luggage was found and was lost in Lome. I had to book a hotel for the weekend as i couldn't do my job without the luggage. I was very unhappy the way Asky handled this issue as i emphasized my luggage was a priority
RouteLome to Johannesburg
Date FlownFebruary 2020

ASKY Airlines customer review

(South Africa)

Not Verified | We left Johannesburg for Lagos on the 22nd of December 2019 and the flight supposed to leave at 3.30am and we ended up leaving 6am, which was not a problem to many of us, but the problem is getting to our destination. All our bags that was wrapped was unwrap and almost everyone in the flight was complained of same thing. My bags and my friend bags was damaged and took a lot of things inside them.
RouteJohannesburg to Lagos
Date FlownDecember 2019

"issue with my hand luggage"

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Lagos. I flew with Virgin from Sydney to Perth, then South African Airlines to Johannesburg, was there a few days and finally Asky to Lagos. I had been coming with the same baggage from Sydney. ASKY had an issue with my hand luggage stating its too big and there was no space for it on board. I agreed to check it in with my other luggage only to get to Lagos and not find my luggage. The only response I got from their customer service was that, “its a daily flight, we will bring it tomorrow”. No apology. Meanwhile I don’t live in Lagos, So I had spend extra time and money plus stress to sort out accommodation for that night.
RouteJohannesburg to Lagos
Date FlownDecember 2019

"lost baggage since July 31"

(Ghana)

Trip Verified | Lome to Accra. Reported lost baggage since July 31. No response till now. Several reminders have not proven any result. Connected with Asky Airlines thru United Airlines at Boston and Ethiopian Airlines at Newark, USA b4 taking Askty at Lome,Togo. This is bad customer service. I won't recommend this airline to anybody.
RouteLome to Accra
Date FlownJuly 2019

"lack of respect of the traveler"

(Democratic Republic of the Congo)

Trip Verified | Kinshasa to Lome via Abidjan / Niamey. I wrote what's below while I was still in the aircraft, and I waited until know to see if I wrote it out of anger and if I would want to change it but I don't want to change anything. I would add more but I think will drive my point across. The minimum for an airline to do, is to inform them of delays when they occur. In Niamey, December 18, 2018, a group of customers including myself spent more than 6 hours at the airport not knowing if the flight that was originally scheduled at 8:45 am, and then at 11:45 am has been postponed or not. It is at the last minute, when about to board, that we learn that we do not have seats. The airplane is full capacity. Only some, 4 to 5 people, were still able to take off that day. The representatives on site have not offered passengers explanations or even a bottle of water. The next day again convened at 6:00 am, but with an explained delay, we took off around 10:00 am. Again ASKY through its representatives did not have the decency to inform passengers that there was a delay. In Lome, in transit, the flight is late again. There was no announcement, and I went to the counter, staff told me that there is a delay, obviously, and that she does not know anything else and that I only have to wait. I was furious against myself having thought that by taking Asky I would participate and support Pan-Africanism and its company. It may be an insignificant number but I and those with whom I have lived this adventure will think several times before taking Asky again; not because of the delay, it happens, but the lack of respect of the traveler.
RouteKinshasa to Lome via Abidjan / Niamey
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff competent"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Airport was clean, staff competent, was moved through quickly. Asky Airport office I found most helpful - my flight was changed without any hassles. The flight was 25 mins, staff competent, good take off and landing. I would definitely fly this route with them again.
RouteLome to Kotoka via Johannesburg
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the worst experience"

(Gambia)

Trip Verified | While in transit from Lome to Abuja on the 10th September, we boarded the flight as one of the last passengers and traveling as a family we got a bad vibe from a particular staff on the flight, that same staff and another staff due to the staff them not focusing on the job at hand she accused us of stealing a mug from the airline and she started causing drama saying all sorts of things in French which we could not understand - we asked her to verify but she would not and just went on talking trash. This is the worst experience I have ever had while traveling and after my return I hope to never fly with Asky again unless an action is taken towards the behavior of their staff.
RouteBanjul to Abuja via Lome