Asiana Airlines

"The service was great"

Trip Verified | The service was great, especially the flight crews. However, I cannot say anything nice about the service for the check in. Was super rude and condescending. At both incidents. At the SFO Airport Check in I was told to get out of the Business Line and que up in the Economy line. And when in Korean Airport, I Asked the Asiana Crew at gate 12. Where is the East Lounge was. I was told to go sit down, there is no Lounge for Economy Flyers.
AircraftA350-900
RouteSan Francisco to Ho Chi Minh City via Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"had very nice crews"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Frankfurt via Seoul. Long way to get a last minute still reasonably priced one-way ticket to Europe from Jakarta: 7 hrs to Seoul and then after a 2 hrs layover a 13 hrs flight from Seoul to Frankfurt, avoiding Russian airspace. First part on a quite outdated A330 with reasonable seat pitch. Red-eye flight, so upon departure little sandwich with multiple rounds of orange juice or water and 2 hrs before landing breakfast, which was reasonable. Second flight on a brand new A350 with excellent seat pitch, good meals and multiple rounds of drinks (soft drinks, beer, wine etc). Though everything really was very good and both flights had very nice crews, probably Asiana should do something with the entertainment system: simply there is too little choice to select, especially for such longer flights as ICN-FRA. So, bring a good book with you or (as I did) download some movies on your personal devise.
AircraftA330/A350
RouteJakarta to Frankfurt via Seoul
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I was quite happy with this airline"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | As I got to the airport early, I was cueing in their check-in line. I've never seen the ground staff lining up few minutes early before the open the counter to greet the passengers. I thought it was a nice gesture from their part. They were also accommodating with my checking needs as my luggage was heavier than limits. The flight attendants were polite. The plane strangely didn't have screens for each seat but it provided wifi access so people can use the entertainment platform via their own devices. Overall, I was quite happy with this airline.
RoutePhuket to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownAugust 2022

"not really interacting with passengers"

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Smooth check-in in business class area, being Star Alliance Gold Member. Could get in their lounge, which looks great but has little food and drink options. Flight with ok seat-pitch and ok food, several rounds of drinks. Crew not really interacting with passengers, I didn’t really feel welcome, strangely I always have this feeling with Asiana.
RouteSeoul to Bangkok
Date FlownMay 2022

"did not delay the flight 10-15 minutes"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Tashkent via Seoul. Booked ticked for family. Since we had newly born child, I called Asiana Airlines to add him. Eventually they did not (we found it out during check in time). Called to check opening time for luggage check in. Was told different time than the actual. It took 1 hour to check in our suitcases by using individual mileages. During passport check, Asiana Airlines did not delay the flight 10-15 minutes. Staff was very cold, did not show any empathy to help, and communicate what I am requesting to her pilot? Had to pay extra $500 to change the tickets. Could not use Family Mileage. Could not get reasonable explanation from staff. Worst experience ever.
RouteTokyo to Tashkent via Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2021

"not very helpful when putting luggage"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | The flight attendants are not very helpful when putting luggage in the overhead cabin. I asked one of the flight attendants to help me with my luggage but one of them said that “If you can’t manage to put your own luggage in the overhead cabin, you put it in the hold”. Two of the flight attendants face were very condescending. I expected respect and excellent service but didn’t get it at all.
RouteSeoul to Manila
Date FlownJune 2022

"Asiana refund finally clears"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I bought my tickets via Expedia in February 2020, but started cancelation process in March and approved in April 2020 for full refund by Asiana's rep on the phone and Expedia. By Asiana's policy, I had canceled 92 days prior to flight so I was in the clear. Expedia couldn't get in contact with Asiana to clear the transfer of funds while I was on chat and by email, throughout the months. Finally called the Korean branch to see if someone would respond since their other branches weren't responding. The exchange was not pleasant when we got a rep, got blamed for not contacting sooner, they said no one will authorize the refund now because of the situation, many other excuses that didn't make any sense. Finally after 6 months of trying to contact Asiana refund finally clears. The bitter taste of how they are handling the process has left me never to fly them again.
RouteSeoul to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2020

"cabin staff service really good"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | In flight entertainment is not good, american movie or japan, movie has no Korean subtitles only Korean dubbing. Avod is too old. Second in flight meal is greasy first meal is bibimbap (Korean food). Value for money pretty good, cabin staff service really good. Ground service normal,
RouteSeoul to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"incredibly kind and helpful"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul on Asiana. First time with this airline. My family and I were all very pleasantly surprised to the level of service, food quality, attention to details such as tooth brush and personal kit even in Economy. The flight attendant were all incredibly kind and helpful. Unlimited drinks and the food was delicious. My original business class AC flight was cancelled due to Covid. I had not flown in economy overseas in over a decade and was very apprehensive with the long distance. Not that I would fly economy again but if I had to, Asiana would be my first choice. Thank you for making this trip more pleasant.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2020

"flight had been canceled"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Hanoi on 29th February booked through Air Canada. I arrived into Seoul on United Airlines from San Francisco and by the time I got to the gate for my next flight, I found out that the flight had been canceled - I received no information about the cancellation. I asked staff to guide me to who I need to talk to or where to change/rebook my flight to Hanoi. But none of them could help me, they all said “I don’t know”. I ended up staying one night at the airport and bought my own ticket to Hanoi the next day. I couldn’t believe that they canceled my flight without informing me, and staff were so rude. to me..
RouteSeoul to Hanoi