Asiana Airlines

"most uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Los Angeles. I bought the tickets from Asiana to be on the A380 with double deck, but was put in a much smaller aircraft single deck. For the 12 hours flight this was the most uncomfortable, seats are to be upright to be having food; there were no rooms for legs, etc. For a long flight, not able to choose the movies was bad too, they were preset movie channels so you could not watch anything at the beginning, and switching channels for the movie you want not able to see the titles.
RouteSeoul Incheon to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2018

"definitely fly again with them"

Trip Verified | Singapore to Seoul Incheon. Its our first time flying with Asiana Airlines since we got a good deal from their seat sale for Autumn in Korea. We are very pleased with the service. Everything is hassle free. Will definitely fly again with them.
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteSingapore to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownOctober 2018

"Best flight of my life"

Trip Verified | First time flying Asiana. I used 140,000 miles from My United/Chase credit card to get this flight. Though not my first time flying First Class it was my first time flying in a private suite. From the check to the exiting at Seoul Incheon everything was so perfect. My seat was huge and super comfortable. Meals service began with a couple of glasses of Winston Churchill Champagne and a delightful serving of caviar. The man in course wS a five or six dish Korean meal - bibim bap. I had a glass or two of an excellent Bordeaux - they were small glasses. Dessert was served and I had some lovely vintage port. I must add the table was set with white cloth and red rose. The table was huge with ample room for all the utensils and plates. The service from the flight attendant was just lovely - attentive without being over servile. The provided pajamas and the amenities were of the highest quality. The bed was super comfortable and very easy to sleep in. Best flight of my life.
AircraftA380-800
Cabin FlownFirst Class
RouteNew York to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Uneventful comfortable flights"

Trip Verified | Seoul tp Phuket return. I had thoroughly enjoyed my flight on their A350 from London, so was looking forward to my flights to Phuket. On this route it was an A330, 2x2x2 layout. The cabin was half full. The seating was OK, but looked more like ugly pods and rather old fashioned. The seat controls were confusing, but I did manage the sleeping position. Being 6 hour night flights, I was also able to get a couple of hours sleep both ways. The flight attendants were courteous, but the service was rushed. The dining was disappointing. Dinner on the way out, but breakfast on the way back, at 11pm at night! Both were hurried, and did not see the crew until landing time when they came around with hot towels. On both flights, I requested a pre dinner aperitif, but it was served with the meal, the wine, the desert all on one tray (except the main course)! On my return flight I asked again for my pre dinner drink to be served before the meal, which was noted with a smile, but again came with everything on one tray. I don't know whether there was specific reason for this, as on the London route, food served was a proper dining experience. Still, the food was tasty, yet with only one item for desert. The IFE was useless, kept cutting off and manipulating it was frustrating. Uneventful, but comfortable flights, nothing to shout about, expect to say Asiana could update their A330 seating and dining service.
RouteSeoul to Phuket
Date FlownOctober 2018

"I expected a larger pillow"

Trip Verified | Seoul to London. On boarding, there was some confusion, as the signage for economy and business class were not easily visible. So there was a constant moving of passenger to the right queue. My seat 2K was window (1x2x1 layout), giving some privacy and plenty of space. The cabin looked new and spacious, especially as the A350 does not have the hand luggage storage in the middle. I was welcomed with pre flight drinks including Champagne, followed by hot towel. Ten minutes after take off flight attendants came around taking drinks and dinner orders. The menu was - Western and Korean cuisine. I opted for the Bibimbap meal - a traditional meal of rice with accompaniments and soup, which was absolutely delicious. I am not too keen on sweets, so followed up with a cheeseboard. Later coffee and cognac. The service was unhurried, and well timed serving each course. A couple of hours before landing, a snack was served - actually quite substantial, again the attendants coming around to take your order. Super efficient, polite, yet not chatty or engaging. However, at the end of the flight I was asked if I enjoyed it, which nice little touch. My return flight was equally enjoyable. And in-between meals the flight attendants would come around asking if you wanted anything else such as drinks and snacks including noodle soup. The IFE was very limited, and although the movie selection was tiny, it did have a couple of the latest movies. The touch screen worked well. The Amenity Kit was OK but nothing special. Slippers were provided in pouches. My only slight complain was the actual seat. The controls were very easy to use. There was the standard seat belt plus shoulder strap (not sure the technical reason for this). It was comfortable for sitting, but quite hard for sleeping. I expected a larger pillow and thin mattress to be provided. So I did not get a good nights sleep. While my flights were 4 Star rating to perfection, I did not feel I was getting a 5 Star service.
RouteSeoul to London
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"overall experience is pleasant"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Beijing. The queuing process and check in process for flight OZ333 was quick and smooth quick. This flight was operated by Asiana A330-300. Over the years, south Korea has successfully branded as a duty free shopping destination. As this flight is bound for China, There were number of passengers who collected theirs' duty free item at Seoul Incheon International Airport counter. Prior to boarding, announcement was made to inform passengers to have large carry on luggage weighted in order to comply with the safety regulations. Asiana Airlines is renowned for its excellent service. Boarding process was done row by row, priority given to special needs passengers. Cabin crew on duty are professionally trained as well. As a polite gesture, they greeted me warmly once I boarded and assisted me to our seat. Flight OZ 333 departed on time. The cabin of this aircraft is clean despite there are sign of ageing noted. The in flight meal is fine, though there is room for improvement. As this is a short flight, snack box was served with 2 choices of Korean delicacies. This aircraft is fitted with the old In flight entertainment (IFE). The number of movies and music selection is rather limited. Asiana should consider enhancing the IFE with higher density (HD) screen and adding number of choice of entertainment into the IFE. I would conclude overall experience is pleasant one.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul Incheon to Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"certainly fly Asiana again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Shanghai Pudong to Seoul Incheon. I arrived at Shanghai Pudong International Airport and proceed to Asiana Airlines counter for check in. The queue was relatively short and the check in process was prompt. Upon check in, I was informed that OZ 364 which was originally schedule for departure at 13:10 was delayed until 16:00 due to bad weather in Seoul. I was given a generous meal voucher of 90 Chinese yuan to have my lunch at the airport. After lunch, I proceed to with the security and immigration process. As a result of unforeseen circumstances, I had plenty of time at the airport. Upon reaching the assigned gate, the ground staff told me that the aircraft was further delayed until 1850 due to heavy rain in Seoul Incheon. A new gate has been re assigned for this flight. When I reached the said gate, ground staff were seen busy assisting passengers while distribute meal box to fill our hunger and quench thirst. At the same time, they apologised for such delay. Boarding announcement was called around 18:30, as soon as the aircraft arrived in Shanghai Pudong International Airport. A bus was used to transfer us to the aircraft was it was parked at the remote parking slot. Boarding was relatively swift. The cabin crew and captain made an apology while awaiting for the taxi clearance from the airport control tower. In flight dinner and beverages were promptly served approximately 20 minutes after take off. Asiana Airlines cabin crew are well trained to handle our request. The standard of the in flight catering was fine but can be further improved. What truly impressed me was the hospitality and attention given by the flight attendant through out the entire journey. I shall certainly fly Asiana Airlines again in the future.
AircraftA330-300
RouteShanghai Pudong to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Comfortable cabin and seat"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul. Flight attendants are very attentive. Comfortable cabin and seat. Food from LAX to ICN was excellent. Food for ICN-BKK both ways were fine. However food from ICN to LAX included only chicken breast and Ssambap. Movie selection was quite limited, Asian movies are subtitled in Korean only so English-speaking passengers cannot enjoy them.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst business class trip"

Trip Verified | This is the worst business class trip I have taken. Flight delayed by 2 hours. When we take off no proper catering options, just given a tray of unrecognisable western dish (chicken?) and then asked if want to order the dinner meal before arrival - a choice of scrambled egg or porridge - who eats breakfast for dinner? Staff were polite but the cabin was too hot and the entertainment selection is appalling.
RouteSeoul Incheon to London
Date FlownAugust 2018

"boarding was chaotic"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Incheon. My experience with Asiana Airlines is not as exciting as I thought it would be. At LAX, boarding was chaotic. They don't have an organized boarding system. Everybody rushed in to board no matter what your seat number is. I found this to be very frustrating. The service is pretty much comparable to other premier Asian carriers. The economy seats are quite similar as well, although it has more cushion and softer. The B777 aircraft is an older version enroute to Seoul. The food is ok, not great as I was expecting. In my opinion they should just serve the Bibimbap enroute to Seoul and something different should be served in between Seoul and Manila and Seoul to LAX. That kind of explains why they have toothbrushes and mouthwash in the lavatories. While on transit in Seoul, the seats in the boarding gates are so stiff. I looked around for better seats to rest and I couldn't find any. The room is also small that there aren't enough seats for everybody. Some passengers just stood and wait for the next flight. Upon boarding, everybody rushed in again without any order. There still is no systematic boarding, unlike China Southern, EVA Airways, Cathay Pacific and Air China. Because of this, I promised myself not to book future flights with Asiana. The B747 for the connecting flight was refreshing as it is wider than the B777 and the seats are more comfortable. It was also quite nostalgic to board a B747. My flights were quite smooth, except for the hour delay from Seoul to MNL.
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Incheon