Asiana Airlines

"did not load my luggage"

Trip Verified | New York to Osaka via Seoul. I like Asiana Airlines in general; their planes are new and they provide reliable service. They don't always give a professional impression, but I think they still provide a high level service. I was disappointed this time as they did not load my luggage, and I had to spend three days without it. They acted as if they bore no blame at all. I hope they improve customer service to the same level as their other aspects.
RouteNew York to Osaka via Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"very helpful and friendly staff"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to London via Seoul. Spacious comfortable seats for long-haul flights, very helpful and friendly staff. Check-in was easy and ground staff very professional. The food could be a bit better but still no complaints.
RouteTokyo to London via Seoul
Date FlownDecember 2019

"the staff are kind"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Seattle to Incheon. Very good to flight. Boarsing time is accurate and fast. The airline representatives help to the elder person take by wheelchair. It is so nice and awesome. Also, the staff are kind.
RouteSeattle to Incheon
Date FlownNovember 2019

"seat was smaller than I expected"

Trip Verified | The Asiana business class seat was smaller than I expected and service was worse than I expected. My food was not delicious with a limit choice of meals. I was bored by the entertainment. Blanket, a pillow and slippers provided. Pyjamas and mattress were not provided for sleeping time and I need to make bed myself. I could not sleep well due to uncomfortable bed. The staff at Sydney check in did not add my mileage points to my Asiana Club member when I requested. I need to claim my missing mileages when I got home. This is my first time I did not enjoy a business class flight.
AircraftA380-800
RouteSydney to Seoul
Date FlownNovember 2019

"screw very kind and helpful"

(China)

Trip Verified | First time with Asiana - I was re-routed on these flights by Lufthansa as my original flight Frankfurt-Qingdao was cancelled by a strike. It was a very good surprise. Frankfurt-Seoul I was flying Business Suite, a first class seat with Business service. The seat was fantastic, large, comfortable, in a sort of "closed" cab - I never slept so well in a plane. Service was perfect, crew very kind and helpful, food OK (Korean food). In-flight entertainment reasonable, not easy to understand and limited choice - but good enough. Flight perfectly on time. Flight Seoul-Qingdao is short, just over an hour - but business class they were able to serve a full meal with drinks (several refills) even if the plane was almost fully booked. Some delays, but in Qingdao it is almost normal.
AircraftA380 / A321
RouteFrankfurt to Qingdao via Seoul

"good amount of space"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Seoul. Comfortable seat and good amount of space. However needed to ask for drink before take off and was told that the champagne was frozen so that we could not have any! Got some eventually, Korean menu was good quality bimibap, but wine selection was atrocious. FAs seemed to disappear and not very attentive. Was okay as a short 2.5 hour flight but expected better.
RouteTokyo to Seoul

"just a little TV scree"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Bangkok via Seoul, this flight was most uncomfortable. The planes was very dated with just a little TV screen mounted on the seat. There was no leg room with small seats. The only decent flight was return from Bangkok to Inchon which was a newer plane lots of leg room large TV screen but limited movies. But the long flight to Honolulu was back to small seats.
RouteHonolulu to Bangkok via Seoul
Date FlownOctober 2019

"checked my baggage through"

Trip Verified | Okinawa to Seoul. I will never choose Asiana again. They checked my baggage through without asking and didn’t apologize. Ground service rude and not able to speak English to me.
RouteOkinawa to Seoul

"Extremely professional staff"

Not Verified | San Francisco to Seoul. Have been flying Asiana regularly for a decade to and from Korea, and have never been disappointed. Extremely professional staff and a very pleasant in-flight atmosphere. For under $200 extra you can upgrade to premium economy, which provides a seat in one of the first 5 rows and significant additional leg room. Can't stress enough how friendly and, above all, professional the staff (both check-in and in-flight) have always been.
RouteSan Francisco to Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2019

"several kgs overweight."

(Indonesia)

Trip Verified | Chitose to Jakarta via Incheon. The airline refuse to take 1 luggage for 2 people because it is several kgs overweight. Instead they charge passenger. Im disappointed at this airline. The food is so so, flight cabin is so so.
RouteChitose to Jakarta via Incheon