Asiana Airlines

"cabin staff service really good"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | In flight entertainment is not good, american movie or japan, movie has no Korean subtitles only Korean dubbing. Avod is too old. Second in flight meal is greasy first meal is bibimbap (Korean food). Value for money pretty good, cabin staff service really good. Ground service normal,
RouteSeoul to Paris
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"incredibly kind and helpful"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul on Asiana. First time with this airline. My family and I were all very pleasantly surprised to the level of service, food quality, attention to details such as tooth brush and personal kit even in Economy. The flight attendant were all incredibly kind and helpful. Unlimited drinks and the food was delicious. My original business class AC flight was cancelled due to Covid. I had not flown in economy overseas in over a decade and was very apprehensive with the long distance. Not that I would fly economy again but if I had to, Asiana would be my first choice. Thank you for making this trip more pleasant.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownApril 2020

"flight had been canceled"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Hanoi on 29th February booked through Air Canada. I arrived into Seoul on United Airlines from San Francisco and by the time I got to the gate for my next flight, I found out that the flight had been canceled - I received no information about the cancellation. I asked staff to guide me to who I need to talk to or where to change/rebook my flight to Hanoi. But none of them could help me, they all said “I don’t know”. I ended up staying one night at the airport and bought my own ticket to Hanoi the next day. I couldn’t believe that they canceled my flight without informing me, and staff were so rude. to me..
RouteSeoul to Hanoi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"denying my request for a refund"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Syracuse to Seoul via New York. I booked an itinerary that involved a JetBlue flight from Syracuse to JFK, then an Asiana flight from JFK to Seoul. However, with less than 48 hours left until the start of the trip, JetBlue cancelled its flight. Trying to be flexible, especially during a situation of a global pandemic, I booked a cab service that would bring me to JFK on time for my second flight. When I called Asiana Airlines to confirm the status of my flight (after waiting on the phone for a very long time), they told me that because I couldn't follow the order of the itinerary (as in take the JetBlue flight first), they could not let me on the plane, even though I had paid for my ticket in full. Even after I had explained that my JetBlue flight was modified and thereby it was impossible for me to follow the order of the itinerary, the customer service representatives (I spent hours on the phone taking to more than one) kept repeating that this is was company policy and that I could not be on the plane. How is this kind of blatantly exploitative, unethical practice allowed? They are completely refusing to be flexible and even are denying my request for a refund.
RouteSyracuse to Seoul via New York
Date FlownMarch 2020

"attentive flight attendants"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Los Angeles. Boarding was orderly, with temp. Check of all passengers, aircraft was clean, food average, attentive flight attendants and pleasant at all times. Needs improvement on headphones, lavatory I used halfway thru the flight was nasty. Smooth flight overall
RouteSeoul to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Asiana have got their mojo back"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Seoul. Asiana have got their mojo back. After not flying with them for about 5 years, I was really surprised with how good these flights were. Great service with excellent English spoken from the crew. Not at all robotic and always happy to help. Good food, wine and champagne. The entertainment offered is still pretty awful but there was enough to get by for this trip. I was very sad to have to cancel my trip last week. Hopefully South Korea and Asiana will weather the current turmoil. My thoughts are with you all.
RouteSydney to Seoul

"Cabin Service good"

(China)

Trip Verified | Dalian to Bangkok via Seoul. On both flights, service was good, quiet in Business to Seoul, but fairly full to Bangkok. Cabin Service good, entertainment good and seat comfort very good. Meals and beverages good, with good Western choice.
AircraftA330 & A380
RouteDalian to Bangkok via Seoul
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"very surprised by this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Seoul via Osaka with Asiana Airlines. I was very surprised by this airline. First leg of the journey we were going on the A350, we had plenty of leg room though the seats were a bit uncomfortable. Cabin crew were very friendly and they spoke perfect English. Food was very good, I chose the Korean option from London to Seoul and when coming back to London I chose the western option. Very good both for airplane food. If you don't like spicy don't choose the Korean option. Entertainment was a bit limited, not as many options as other carriers like Emirates and I was disappointed they didn't have any Korean dramas. Overall a good airline, price was cheap compared with Korean Airlines or the Japanese carriers.
RouteLondon to Seoul via Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2019

"did not load my luggage"

Trip Verified | New York to Osaka via Seoul. I like Asiana Airlines in general; their planes are new and they provide reliable service. They don't always give a professional impression, but I think they still provide a high level service. I was disappointed this time as they did not load my luggage, and I had to spend three days without it. They acted as if they bore no blame at all. I hope they improve customer service to the same level as their other aspects.
RouteNew York to Osaka via Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"very helpful and friendly staff"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to London via Seoul. Spacious comfortable seats for long-haul flights, very helpful and friendly staff. Check-in was easy and ground staff very professional. The food could be a bit better but still no complaints.
RouteTokyo to London via Seoul