Asiana Airlines

"overall experience is pleasant"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Seoul Incheon to Beijing. The queuing process and check in process for flight OZ333 was quick and smooth quick. This flight was operated by Asiana A330-300. Over the years, south Korea has successfully branded as a duty free shopping destination. As this flight is bound for China, There were number of passengers who collected theirs' duty free item at Seoul Incheon International Airport counter. Prior to boarding, announcement was made to inform passengers to have large carry on luggage weighted in order to comply with the safety regulations. Asiana Airlines is renowned for its excellent service. Boarding process was done row by row, priority given to special needs passengers. Cabin crew on duty are professionally trained as well. As a polite gesture, they greeted me warmly once I boarded and assisted me to our seat. Flight OZ 333 departed on time. The cabin of this aircraft is clean despite there are sign of ageing noted. The in flight meal is fine, though there is room for improvement. As this is a short flight, snack box was served with 2 choices of Korean delicacies. This aircraft is fitted with the old In flight entertainment (IFE). The number of movies and music selection is rather limited. Asiana should consider enhancing the IFE with higher density (HD) screen and adding number of choice of entertainment into the IFE. I would conclude overall experience is pleasant one.
AircraftA330-300
RouteSeoul Incheon to Beijing
Date FlownJanuary 2018

"certainly fly Asiana again"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Shanghai Pudong to Seoul Incheon. I arrived at Shanghai Pudong International Airport and proceed to Asiana Airlines counter for check in. The queue was relatively short and the check in process was prompt. Upon check in, I was informed that OZ 364 which was originally schedule for departure at 13:10 was delayed until 16:00 due to bad weather in Seoul. I was given a generous meal voucher of 90 Chinese yuan to have my lunch at the airport. After lunch, I proceed to with the security and immigration process. As a result of unforeseen circumstances, I had plenty of time at the airport. Upon reaching the assigned gate, the ground staff told me that the aircraft was further delayed until 1850 due to heavy rain in Seoul Incheon. A new gate has been re assigned for this flight. When I reached the said gate, ground staff were seen busy assisting passengers while distribute meal box to fill our hunger and quench thirst. At the same time, they apologised for such delay. Boarding announcement was called around 18:30, as soon as the aircraft arrived in Shanghai Pudong International Airport. A bus was used to transfer us to the aircraft was it was parked at the remote parking slot. Boarding was relatively swift. The cabin crew and captain made an apology while awaiting for the taxi clearance from the airport control tower. In flight dinner and beverages were promptly served approximately 20 minutes after take off. Asiana Airlines cabin crew are well trained to handle our request. The standard of the in flight catering was fine but can be further improved. What truly impressed me was the hospitality and attention given by the flight attendant through out the entire journey. I shall certainly fly Asiana Airlines again in the future.
AircraftA330-300
RouteShanghai Pudong to Seoul Incheon
Date FlownDecember 2017

"Comfortable cabin and seat"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul. Flight attendants are very attentive. Comfortable cabin and seat. Food from LAX to ICN was excellent. Food for ICN-BKK both ways were fine. However food from ICN to LAX included only chicken breast and Ssambap. Movie selection was quite limited, Asian movies are subtitled in Korean only so English-speaking passengers cannot enjoy them.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Seoul
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst business class trip"

Trip Verified | This is the worst business class trip I have taken. Flight delayed by 2 hours. When we take off no proper catering options, just given a tray of unrecognisable western dish (chicken?) and then asked if want to order the dinner meal before arrival - a choice of scrambled egg or porridge - who eats breakfast for dinner? Staff were polite but the cabin was too hot and the entertainment selection is appalling.
RouteSeoul Incheon to London
Date FlownAugust 2018

"boarding was chaotic"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Manila via Incheon. My experience with Asiana Airlines is not as exciting as I thought it would be. At LAX, boarding was chaotic. They don't have an organized boarding system. Everybody rushed in to board no matter what your seat number is. I found this to be very frustrating. The service is pretty much comparable to other premier Asian carriers. The economy seats are quite similar as well, although it has more cushion and softer. The B777 aircraft is an older version enroute to Seoul. The food is ok, not great as I was expecting. In my opinion they should just serve the Bibimbap enroute to Seoul and something different should be served in between Seoul and Manila and Seoul to LAX. That kind of explains why they have toothbrushes and mouthwash in the lavatories. While on transit in Seoul, the seats in the boarding gates are so stiff. I looked around for better seats to rest and I couldn't find any. The room is also small that there aren't enough seats for everybody. Some passengers just stood and wait for the next flight. Upon boarding, everybody rushed in again without any order. There still is no systematic boarding, unlike China Southern, EVA Airways, Cathay Pacific and Air China. Because of this, I promised myself not to book future flights with Asiana. The B747 for the connecting flight was refreshing as it is wider than the B777 and the seats are more comfortable. It was also quite nostalgic to board a B747. My flights were quite smooth, except for the hour delay from Seoul to MNL.
RouteLos Angeles to Manila via Incheon
Date FlownMay 2018

"the staff were exemplary"

Trip Verified | Sydney to Istanbul via Seoul. Wonderful staff and even though it was an older plane the seat was comfortable with good legroom. Unfortunately, the entertainment choices were limited and the equipment was poor and old. Luckily, the Korean films were very entertaining and had English subtitles because none of the other world movies did. The plane was delayed one hour on the runway in Sydney, whilst they waited for the meals and again when a passenger didnt feel well. However, we made up the time in the air. The Sydney to Incheon leg was a day flight leaving in the morning, however the blinds were closed for the 9 hour trip. The same happened from Incheon to Istanbul, again a day flight of 9 hours, so it was quite stuffy particularly because the cabin temperature was warm. I preferred the excellent Korean food over the western meal and kept hydrated with tonnes of water rather than trying their alcohol. All flights were full but the staff were exemplary; remaining patient and smiling. The toilets were surprisingly always clean and in order.
AircraftBoeing 777-200LR
RouteSydney to Istanbul via Seoul

"staff were superb"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | New York to Bangkok via Seoul. Both Sections were on A380. First the good news, planes were immaculately clean, staff were superb throughout, food was great on first leg, not so good on BKK section. Both planes were delayed, we had received notification that the JFK to ICN flight times had changed, about one hour later departure, but we left about another one after this this. It appears that OZ221 is always late leaving JFK, its not the airport issue as the KE ( a380 ) seems to leave on time every day around the same time. Connection at ICN was tight, but the plane was delayed once we had boarded. Food option poor only two choices on ICN to BKK, no Korean option! Movie choice on ICN to BKK poor only 4 Hollywood movies. The price was keen and would use again.
RouteNew York to Bangkok via Seoul

"Comfortable flights"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | Hong Kong to Jeju via Seoul return. Comfortable flights and good for cost per performance. The inflight meal was good quality and FAs served for passengers politely. For the return flights, when I checked-in at CJU, I could through check-in to HKG and no need to pick-up checked luggage at GMP even though my connecting flights depart at ICN. Checked luggage was sent to HKG automatically so I was so comfortable to move from GMP to ICN without any carries!
RouteHKG to CJU via SEL
Date FlownJune 2018

"will be my first choice"

Trip Verified | Seoul to Saipan. Excellent service, the flight attendants were very nice. A wonderful flight. Asiana Airlines will definitely be my first choice.
RouteSeoul to Saipan

"I won't bother again"

Trip Verified | Flew Sydney to London via Seoul and return in economy. After reading many reviews about Asiana I thought I'd fly with them this time back to the UK but after this time, I won't bother again. It's not that they're bad but SIA and Cathay Pacific are so much better. The food was nothing special and rather odd in texture, the entertainment system was old with poor response from the touch screen and very limited choice of movies. I don't sleep well on flights so usually spend a lot of time watching movies, I didn't finish one. Baggage allowance was a measly 20kg. Not that I expect to travel with all my household furnishings but I'd like to travel and not worry I'm going to go over my weight allowance. On the outbound flight from Sydney my wife was asleep so I ate her snack, my bad. After she woke up I went to see if I could get her another one. That was a no as she already 'had' her allocated snack. With Cathay, just in the crew area they have bowls of fruit and other snacks that you can help yourself to. Want something hot, no bother with CX, have some noodles. An annoying thing when you're trying to sleep is that whenever we hit turbulence the screen would light up. I don't understand Korean and maybe it's something to do with the Korean language but you'd get these long announcements but in English it ends up garbled and very brief. Does Korean use more to say less? I'm Asian myself and can understand that many Asians have trouble with the English language but considering English is the language all airlines are supposed to use the standard was poor and I missed more than I actually caught. I suppose you get what you pay for and they where at the cheaper end of the price scale but still, it's the little things that add up to make it a less than an experience I'd want to repeat.
RouteSydney to London via Seoul