ANA All Nippon Airways

"meal request 24 hours before departure"

Trip Verified | I had the most infuriating experience with ANA during my recent business class flights from Korea to Japan and then from Japan to San Francisco. I asked the flight attendant for a meal without meat. The flight attendant was surprised and didn't know what to do about it. So the flight attendant offered me a very small Knorr brand Cup of Noodle soup. On the 13-hour flight from Japan to San Francisco as we took off, I again informed the flight attendant of my dietary preferences. She promised a Sea bass meal and vegetable soup from the menu. An hour later, I was presented with a vegetable soup. Eagerly anticipating the promised Sea bass meal, I was informed that it would be served 2 hours before arriving in SF. They served cold chicken sandwiches and ramen in between, but I thought I would wait for the sea bass. I decided to catch much-needed sleep, only to wake up to the pilot announcing our arrival in San Francisco in an hour. Panic-stricken, I dashed to the kitchen, begging for food, only to be told that the kitchen was closed. The flight attendant said with a smirk that I was asleep during their food service. When I got home, I found out about the meal request 24 hours before departure on ANA's website. I wasn't aware of it.
RouteSeoul to San Francisco via Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2023

"the legroom was fine"

(Japan)

Not Verified | The food was good, the drinks were pretty good and the legroom was fine. One downside is so cold I have to use my blanket at times but it’s so easy to sleep with a blanket and also pillow.
RouteHong Kong to Japan
Date FlownAugust 2023

"new A321 with a nice pitch"

Trip Verified | Arriving from Europe by Air France, we could checkin and drop our luggage for domestic flight at ANA same terminal counter, and then go smoothly to T2. Brand new A321 with a nice pitch.
RouteTokyo to Wakkanai
Date FlownJuly 2023

"Japanese food was generally good"

Trip Verified | Pretty disappointed with ANA, especially when compared to JAL. Seats are dated and half are very exposed. The Japanese food was generally good and at times excellent. The champagne was undrinkable. The pre-flight drinks (where offered) were from plastic disposable cups. The main listed wine selection on every leg was unavailable. The crew were generally good and attentive. It is such a pity that they appear to be economising.
RouteVancouver to Sydney via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2023

"Great service, lovely crew"

Trip Verified | Great service, lovely crew, comfortable seats, lots of leg room ( I am 6'2"), roomy toilets and an immaculately clean aircraft. It’s hard to imagine how a 14 hour flight in economy could be done any better. I paid in advance an extra £15 for a special Japanese meal which was most definitely worth it and really delicious, beautifully presented.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteTokyo Haneda to London Heathrow
Date FlownJuly 2023

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | Overall was a good experience, check in went smoothly, food was decent for airline food and the staff was friendly. The main downside was that the lounge in Tokyo Haneda was overcrowded.
RouteSeattle to Tokyo
Date FlownMay 2023

"a dreadful experience"

Not Verified | Paid for seats so entire family is together. Airline changes aircraft/seats and puts a stranger between us. Not even a single thought goes in this process. Extremely difficult to connect with someone on the phone. Unfortunately the competition is worse. Over the years flying changed from a fun way to travel to a dreadful experience.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles

"extremely unhappy"

Trip Verified | I’m super unhappy about ANA service. They asked me and my daughter to move our luggage after we have settled down, me and my daughter are both short, but she didn’t offer her help, so that I almost dropped my luggage on one of passengers. Later during the breakfast time, she didn’t offer food to my daughter until I figured it out. My daughter is shy girl, so I had to step out and ask her to bring the breakfast to her. This kind of things have never happened to me before. I’m extremely unhappy about ANA service.
RouteSan Francisco to Beijing via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2023

"received a great customer service"

Trip Verified | I want to thank you to the staff of this airline as I received a great customer service. While I needed to do some ticket changes on the spot, they come ahead and helped me through very well and quickly. Without their awesome help, I would not have been Able to be on the flight. There were on delays at all also. I recommend everyone to choose this airline. Thanks.
RouteDelhi to Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2023

"flight attendants are top-notch"

Not Verified | ANA provides a good value in Premium Economy. The flight attendants are top-notch. The cabin environment is comfortable, quiet, and relaxing, much different than I’ve experienced on US airlines to Japan. The seats are larger, more padded, and allow for reclining and leg support for sleeping, plus less crowded and easier bathroom access. Also, you can get two seats together for more privacy. The food was ample and delicious. If you aren’t offered the business class drinks you want, just ask and they will happily provide it (whiskey!) We purchased tickets about 5-6 months early and by the time we left, economy class seats were the same price as what we paid for premium economy. At check in we were offered a paid upgrade to business from ORD to Haneda but at $500 per person we didn’t feel it worth the money and we were pleased with our decision. I would choose ANA again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER