ANA All Nippon Airways

"FA's always were personable"

Not Verified | Los Angeles to Tokyo Narita. ANA business class FA and food was exceptionally good. Usually fly SQ for years and now will switch to ANA. Seats comfortable, nice amenities, Japanese food delicious. FA's always were personable, smiled and were genuinely willing to assist whenever needed. Flat bed can be done easily by yourself with a switch and comfortable in all positions. I was impressed with the entire experience.
RouteLos Angeles to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownMay 2019

"best airline I've tried"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | First time flying with this airline with my family for a trip to Tokyo and back to Manila. Have to say, economy service here is better than some business class in other airlines. Tasty Japanese food, not sure if they have other menus for other routes Very polite, trained, patient and efficient crew with little to no language barrier. Seats had pretty good space with good inflight entertainment from the regular movies, episode of series but they also have current news, sports and my favorite touch, helpful how-to act, culture videos for Japan I am trying to think any negative or inconvenience and there was really none for these flights. I guess ground crew wise, there was a couple of gate switches but when I approached the ground crew they directed me promptly. Maybe they can just improve on letting the other passengers waiting know instead of waiting for people to come to them but no worries. Overall, best airline I've tried so far.
RouteManila to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownApril 2019

"seats offer a lot of privacy"

Not Verified | ANA has one of the best business class seats that offer a lot of privacy and comfort. Even for a tall European of 1.85m the seat is long enough to find a comfortable sleeping position. Flight attendants are outstandingly friendly and attentive without being obtrusive or robotic, and from my experience they all speak very good English. Food quality was above average, but although the flight from Tokyo to Sydney is 9.5 hours, main meal service comes on one tray with appetizer and entree served at the same time, which I find not really reasonable. I found breakfast on this route rather bland and meagre, but flight attendants are happy to find some add-ons, e.g. a left-over cheese plate or so. Inflight entertainment is generally OK, but falls behind Singapore Airlines or Qatar in terms of choice of movies or music, at least the European/Western selection, they might have a better selection for Japanese, Korean, or Chinese taste.
RouteTokyo-Haneda to Sydney
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"a real 5 Star Airline"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Mexico City. Flight was nice, Flight Attendants were helpful although meal selections were confusing for religious. Despite any meals matter, ANA showed me that they're a real 5 Star Airline.
RouteTokyo to Mexico City

"Wonderful service"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Tokyo. The absolute best airline I’ve ever flown. If the price is close, I’ll always choose ANA in the future. Wonderful service, comfortable seat, great food, awesome lounge at Narita Airport in Japan. Can’t say enough great things about this airline.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteChicago to Tokyo

"the wonderful service"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Bangkok. I wish to put on record the wonderful service I and my son received on your flight on 31 March 2019. The flight attendants were smiling and ever helpful. So was the airport staff. Thank you and keep it up.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Bangkok
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Overall, it's good flight"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Tokyo. Flight is nice, but there's a lack information about what kind of food that they serve. A confusion regarding beef/ pork, so it wasn't easy for me as religious one. Mostly I ordered Kosher Meal from website, but this time I choose to search manual by menu and a knowledge by the staff was minus. Overall, it's good flight!
RouteJakarta to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"they did keep us together"

Trip Verified | We bought return tickets for 2 seats. The idea was that each of our kids would sit on our laps for the whole flight. We had problems with check-in because since our seats are side by side in a 3-3-3 seat configuration, oxygen masks that drop in an emergency is 4 per 3 seats. This means that one parent and child sharing a seat can have a mask, along with the two other customers. The solution is to move the third customer in the row of 3 seats to another available seat, or separate the parents into two different rows of the plane. To avoid confusion at check-in, and to save them the trouble of having to shuffle customers around at the last second, we offered to purchase a third seat today for our return flight. We were declined and told we had to cancel our tickets and buy new tickets. This was poor service. As a result, we are stuck with the stress of possibly being separated for the flight back. It shows the blatant disconnect and lack of knowledge between the people you talk on the phone, and the products they offer. To clarify, they did manage to keep us together for our flight here (they had a customer in the third seat beside us.) Had we known about this over the phone when we bought the tickets, we would have bought the third seat in the first place.
RouteVancouver to Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2019

"cabin crew was fantastic!"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Tokyo. This is our first time flying ANA and what a delightful experience. We flew JAL last year in Economy and Business Class and it was a huge disappointment. On our flight in Economy class was 3x3x3 across in seating and we were in rows 29 and 30 GH. Even when the seat infront of us was reclined, there was still ample space and we did not feel closed in at all. The plane felt new and very clean with a fantastic entertainment selection of top run movies. I had time to watch almost 4 movies, Hollywood selection along with foreign speaking films in Korean, French, and Chinese. The cabin crew that we had was fantastic! Everyone was so friendly and helpful and made us feel like VIP unlike other airline crews that you feel did not want to help. The crew always had a smile and extremely friendly. As for our meals, we chose the hamburger salisbury with potatoes and it was delicious. It had 2 cold appetizers and both were excellent. One was like an imitation crab salad and the other an aspic with spinach. A french red or white along with a white sparkling wine were offered as well as sake. Our second meal was a tuna croissant with a yogurt and apple slices. The mini tuna croissant was also very tasty. We really enjoyed our flight on All Nippon from YVR to HND as the plane was so comfortable with great air quality and not too hot in the cabin. The seats were not all cramped together and perhaps it is because it is 3 3 3 across iso so many planes now at 3 4 3 across. We will never fly JAL ever again as it is so inferior compared to ANA. We will definitely be flying with ANA in the future.
RouteVancouver to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2019

"till my favourite airline"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Vancouver. After six flights with ANA, this is still my favourite airline. I have flown with other airlines, everything from budget to business, but ANA's excellence in food, service, and product make it my top pick. Even in economy class I felt like a valued customer. The service is friendly and requests are handled quickly. The washrooms are kept very clean. If I had to list two areas for improvement, it would be the following: The first meal is great. I think it is delicious and excellent value for economy class. However, it is so good that it makes the second meal inedible. On both flights (YVR-HND, HND-YVR), that sandwich in a box is the biggest disappointment. I would almost prefer it not be served at all. Seriously, the Moroccan chicken on the way to Tokyo was great, but while ANA has upgraded from a white sandwich box to a fancy blue one over the years, that sandwich still looks and tastes like sadness and disappointment. Free wifi for everyone. I have paid for wifi before, and it could be better.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Vancouver