ANA All Nippon Airways

"cannot reach them by phone"

Trip Verified | Though ANA is a very good airline, and both the planes and lounges are great, the lack of customer service at this time is very frustrating. You simply cannot reach them by phone. I have spent countless hours trying to reach them. Covid is just an excuse to save huge money on service. Plus, there are no walk in offices. This will be the last time I use them. If you cannot make a change, or cancel, what is the point? The website keeps showing errors. Useless.
RouteBangkok to Los Angeles via Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2022

"she was outstanding"

Not Verified | My step son flew from San Francisco to Manila via Tokyo on April 13th. Due to the covid the Philippines required a updated form and he was not able to make the flight on April 12,2022. I called ANA and the woman I spoke with was wonderful. I lost connection talking with her at 4 am the next morning. She called me back and was able to rebook my stepson on the next available flight. There was no additional charge and she was able to take care of everything. I wish I had gotten her name since she was outstanding and would like ANA to know.
RouteSan Francisco to Manila via Tokyo
Date FlownApril 2022

"Brilliant care and support"

Not Verified | We had booked meet and assist support for our Autistic son it was such a relief for us and him to have been supported so kindly throughout the flight process He was checked on throughout the flights, escorted to lounge and collected for boarding Brilliant care and support Thank you
RouteSydney to London via Tokyo
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"FAs very pleasant and hardworking"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Check-in was easy, boarding was done by groups and worked well. FAs were very pleasant and hardworking. Unfortunately my breakfast was awful. We were kept hydrated regularly and an hour before landing, served a tasty chicken tikka roll. The flight took an extra hour because of Philippines air traffic problems and very little information was given out by the pilot. As a result, we landed an hour late. We had to go through security at Narita which delayed things. However, ANA still managed to get my bags transferred to the United flight for which I am grateful.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"require mask in a 14h flight"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Can't expect much for premium economy so the seat, meal and inflight entertainment was fine. What was horrible is the policy to require mask in a 14h flight. What made it worse was the flight was midnight but the counter was only open 2 hours prior, which is normal, but made passengers unable to use lounges. What's the use of paying the additional fee? Also they only opened 2 counters for non Business. Very slow and long 1h wait
RouteTokyo to Houston
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Service was exceptional"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | Very smooth check in with very generous baggage allowance. Boarding was well organized and done in zones. Cool aircraft with Star Wars robot characters talking between announcements. Service was exceptional which is something I’m used to with ANA by now.
RouteOkinawa Naha to Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownNovember 2022

"expect extreme quality of service"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified | The check-in and boarding were such a breeze and I really appreciate the zone system that made it even smoother. Very very generous baggage allowance for economy (2 pieces 23KG each). The airplane was comfortable and clean. ANA staff are some of the best out there so expect extreme quality of service. I was surprised that no snacks were served e but that’s not a big deal.
RouteOsaka to Okinawa
Date FlownNovember 2022

"food, service, cleanness are all 10/10"

Trip Verified | The boarding, the seat legroom, the staff, the food, the service, the cleanness are all 10/10. The only area for improvement is the entertainment, the movie selections.
RouteTokyo to Paris
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Upsetting to have to sit next to random people"

Trip Verified | Would probably never recommend this airline to anyone. While their staff are nice and did tried to accommodate us, it made absolutely no sense that we are put on two separate seats again. Twice! First time, they were able to change our seats and this time they just say "sorry it's full". We even checked in 23 hours ahead and were unable to grab any seats together. Upsetting to have to sit next to random people.
RouteTokyo to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"an extraordinary team member"

(Guam)

Trip Verified | On 11/13/2022 while checking in for NH880 Sydney to Haneda, ANA employees stood and bowed to its customers, making a commitment to providing the best of service to them. While our arrival at Haneda was on time, we missed our connecting NH239 to Fukuoka due to mandated Covid testing and Immigration. The helpful ANA staff at Haneda rebooked us on ANA243 to arrive three hours later. Upon arrival at Fukuoka, ANA representative Ms. Kitazaki greeted us at our arrival gate. She advised we would have to hurry to make our connecting flight to Guam. She expedited us to the baggage claim area and advised we had two minutes to board the International Terminal shuttle. When she realized we would never get to the shuttle in time, she sprinted ahead 50 yards to delay its departure so we could board. We were the last on and because of it, we made our flight to Guam by 10 minutes. Ms. Kitazaki not only fulfilled the ANA “bowing” service commitment pledge but exceeded it. We would be honored and most grateful if ANA would recognize Ms. Kitazaki as an extraordinary team member of an outstanding airline. With appreciation. Ann and Dayton Auyong, Guam USA
AircraftBoeing 787 / 737