ANA All Nippon Airways

"flight attendant smiled"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | The journey from LAX International to Saigon and back to Lax International Airport last fall 2023, my mother and I flew Ana. When my mother and I were about to board the plane, I saw that the airline staff did not have anyone who needed a wheelchair so that the staff could prepare a wheelchair to take another route to get on the plane. My mother and I had already transited Tokyo International Airport. I saw the sales staff smiling and holding his head in thanks. On the plane, the flight attendant smiled as she prepared to serve food and thanked her at the end of the trip.
RouteHo chi Minh to Los Angeles via Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2023

"near perfect flight"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Usual ANA near perfect flight. Attendants helpful, friendly and courteous with a special thanks to Arai for being so understanding and gracious. Will fly again ANA.
RouteTokyo to Hi Chi Minh City
Date FlownMay 2024

"business seating is very comfortable"

Trip Verified | ANA has great service, very clean restrooms and the business seating is very comfortable. I took the outbound and inbound to Tokyo from and to Vietnam. The food is good and the flight attendants were courteous.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Tokyo
Date FlownMarch 2024

"formerly my favorite airline"

Trip Verified | Relatively uncomfortable flight with minimal and rude service. 11 hour flight that was very cramped, flight attendants avoided assisting me, claimed they had no meal choices, or told me they would get something and did not. Quite surprising for an overseas flight, and ANA no less, formerly my favorite airline for economy seating.
RouteTokyo to San Francisco
Date FlownFebruary 2024

"they couldn’t upgrade her"

Trip Verified |  They canceled my mother’s flight without any announcement to the passengers who were waiting in line for almost 2 hours. The airport flight information displays still showed that the flight was on time even after we were turned away 2 hours later. While we were at the ticket counter trying to figure out what to do next, their manager told us that flight will be tomorrow morning at 8am (which is incorrect because Seattle only has 1 ANA flight a day, and they’re all at 3:35pm). My mother was staying with us so they didn’t even pay for anything for inconvenience of the delay. They didn’t even offer to try and find another flight. We came back the next afternoon, and finally were able to check in her bags and when we inquired about a seat upgrade (like business class since she already had premium economy), we were told that it was full and they couldn’t upgrade her. They provided nothing for any sort of compensation for the inconvenience,
RouteSeattle to Haneda
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"ANA went above and beyond"

Trip Verified | We were unable to land in Sydney due to adverse weather conditions, and were redirected to Brisbane. ANA went above and beyond to look after everyone, booking 4* accommodation with transport, breakfast, a return to flight to SYD the next day and $100 compensation. You can usually judge a business by how they handle things when they go wrong, and ANA really impressed here.
RouteTokyo to Sydney
Date FlownDecember 2023

“the best in a long time”

Trip Verified | The absolute best flight segment I’ve flown in 10+ years. I fly 100+ commercial flights per year and this flight today was the best in a long time. The crew of NH1811 should all be commended for their service, safety and care.
RouteToyama to Sapporo
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"fail to load my check-in luggage"

Trip Verified | First airline I've encountered which waited late passengers for over 30 minutes and was late for arrival, over 30 minutes. The other flight I took with them was late for 1 minute, only 1 minute, and ANA told me they fail to load my check-in luggage to the connecting flight, so I was denied on board. They refused to rebook my ticket because the flight was not late, and the luggage had enough time on board.
RouteShanghai to Haneda
Date FlownNovember 2023

"fallen short of the mark"

Trip Verified | My experience today with ANA on flight NH211 from Haneda to London was far from satisfactory, marking it as my worst business class experience to date. The first setback was a 90-minute wait for business class check-in, an unprecedented delay. The staff seemed overwhelmed and disorganized, leaving counters unmanned for long periods. The frustration grew when informed that my luggage wouldn't arrive with me but on a subsequent flight, with no clear indication of its arrival time. Adding to the disappointment was the last-minute aircraft change. I had chosen this flight specifically for ANA's acclaimed 'The Room' business class service, but it was changed to the old business class on a 777, with no prior notice. The older business class configuration was a stark contrast to the modern luxury I anticipated. The seating arrangements added to the chaos. All pre-arranged seat allocations were discarded, forcing passengers, including myself, to travel in separate seats. The Wi-Fi on this flight was painfully slow and frustratingly unreliable, It's a stark contrast to the high standards typically associated with Japanese airlines. This series of missteps has left a lasting negative impression, overshadowing any positive aspects of the journey. It's a reminder that even reputable airlines can falter, and in this instance, ANA has unfortunately fallen short of the mark.
RouteTokyo to London
Date FlownJanuary 2024

"always my preferred choice"

(Bahrain)

Trip Verified |   I just cannot express how much I love ANA. They are always my preferred choice for domestic flights in Japan. The check in was a breeze, the staff from the counter all the way to the cabin crew were just amazing. For me ANA has an edge over JAL (which is an equally amazing airline) due to the baggage policy which allows 2 pieces (23 KG each) instead of only 20 KG by the latter.
RouteFukuoka to Osaka