ANA All Nippon Airways

"Premium Economy seat was great"

Trip Verified | Houston to Singapore via Narita, Premium Economy seat was great. Large and very comfortable. Slept all the way back on the journey. Food was good as well, could have had fewer carbs options, more veg and protein. There was bread, rice, soba - too much carbs, in my opinion. One stewardess kept forgetting my stuff and I had to remind them or bring it to me after a couple of hours. However, I had a really good time chatting with one of the stewardess and she allowed me to stand and stretch my legs whilst waiting for my cup noodle. Inflight entertainment for English movies is limited - if you are flying short return flights, it would be ok but I was on a longer flight so I didn't have sufficient movies to keep me occupied.
RouteHouston to Singapore via Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Staff welcoming and friendly"

Trip Verified | Haneda to Kuala Lumpur with ANA All Nippon Airways. The flight into Japan was wonderful. Staff were welcoming and friendly. However, I was a little disappointed with the check in process on my outgoing flight. Once I was told of the weight limit for each baggage, I was given an extra box to move items into (which is greatly appreciated). It would be even better if the weighing scales were pointed out to passengers with the same fate as I in the future. Quite a few of their staff could not understand simple English. This also, should be improved in the future. Thanks for your service during this flight.
RouteHaneda to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"told I must pay a cancellation fee"

(Vietnam)

Trip Verified | Ho Chi Minh City to Seattle via Tokyo. After we were encouraged to book through their online website by Vietnam staff to save money, we were told by their staff in Vietnam that our infant might be over the weight limit for their child bassinet at the time of flying. We were told that we should buy another seat for infant to be safe. After checking further their website, I found that the weight restriction for infants in the bassinet is 10 kg. I asked them to refund the tickets, to which they told me I must pay a cancellation fee. I suggested they could refund the ticket with no fee as I booked the ticket only 30 minutes ago. They refused because I booked my ticket on the website I was automatically directed to. I decided to deal with this and hope all would be ok. Finally flight day arrived, and we had no baby bassinet and our seats had been moved from our reserved seats. The agent at the check-in counted was very accommodating and did their best to block a seat for us so that my baby could lay down which was appreciated. Onboard I found the bathrooms ill equipped, my food was average, my seat seemed small, entertainment weak, and supplies seemed lacking for food and childcare. The return flights were worse, not receiving our originally reserved seats, and the staff could not make time to help with our seating arrangement which meant an unhappy babys. I wrote a review after my first flight, and I haven't received any feedback.
RouteHo Chi Minh City to Seattle via Tokyo
Date FlownDecember 2019

"found the leg room was excellent"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Perth. We found the leg room was excellent. Even though take off was delayed by 30 minutes on the ground at Tokyo (due to earlier fog at Narita), the pilot managed to make up time during the 9.5 hour flight and arrive on time in Perth. We felt the food provided was not as good as it could have been. The first meal is served within 2 hours of taking off. It was a passable chicken dish with side dishes of yoghurt, salad and ice cream. The second meal is a snack and is served within 2 hours of landing. Out of Australia, the snack was fine - something like a ham and cheese croissant, but out of Tokyo the snack was an open sandwich with an inexplicable ton of mayonnaise plus vegetables (corn?), I found it horrible. The entertainment options had some recent hollywood movies to choose from - not much choice apart from that. The TV shows and documentaries were poor or non existent. ANA needs to up their game in IFE. The IFE user interface was difficult for me to use and the cabin announcements were far too quiet - I could not hear 90% of what the captain and crew announced during the flight. I probably will not fly ANA again.
RouteTokyo to Perth
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Customer service is the best"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo. This is the best airline company. Everything is good. Customer service is the best. Aircrew is super good and helpful, professional. The food is the best etc.
RouteLos Angeles to Ho Chi Minh City via Tokyo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the cabin was sparkling clean"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to New York. Excellent service began from check-in, with dedicated check-in room and security screening area. ANA Suite Lounge was nice, but I some how found SQ Private Room at Changi, QF First Class Lounge at SYD and the Concorde Room at JFK better. My flight was exactly the day after ANA launched its new 777 configuration to JFK, so I got stuck with the old version. However, the cabin was sparkling clean and showed no need for upgrading. My complaint was mainly about obstructed view from the Cube, and lack of storage space providing the size of the suite. Lavatory was underwhelming for first class, especially when comparing to my experience on the new SQ Suites just a week earlier. Catering was excellent, as expected from ANA. I picked the Western menu with a lot of skepticism but then was surprised about how tasty the dishes were. The wagyu steak was indeed overcooked, as anticipated on board a flight, but it was, at the same time, tender, juicy, and flavorful. ANA 777-300ER had excellent external camera, but they decided to turn it off upon landing, so I could not have a great landing view as I normally enjoyed with other airlines.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteTokyo to New York

"Service was good"

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Beijing. First, the ANA lounge was very nice. There was a sushi bar but I did not try due to a long queue. The noodle bar was more than enough to keep me happy. There was no flatbed seats, but that was quite adequate for a regional flight. Service was good. In-flight meal was fine but was not as good as on ANA's long-haul flights.
RouteTokyo to Beijing
Date FlownOctober 2019

"In-flight meals were exceptional"

Trip Verified | New York to Tokyo Narita. ANA flights depart from Terminal 7 at JFK. Check-in was quick and organized. As a business class passenger, I got access to British Airways Galleries Lounge, which had just been renovated with ample seating. The boarding process was well organized, and staff constantly apologized for the 15-minute-late departure. This gesture first seemed unnecessary, but it demonstrated a culture of discouraging lateness. The seat was not anything special, but comfortable, in both upright and bed modes. In-flight meals were exceptional, and they were easily one of the best airline meals I have ever had. Overall, ANA deserves its 5 stars.
RouteNew York to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownOctober 2019

"service was superb"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Haneda was fine and service was superb. My return was not so good. After takeoff the crew started to bring out towels and rice crackers. They stopped at row 33 the row in front of me. After a short wait the crew brought out drinks and came to give us, I asked about the rice crackers, crew apologized and started bringing rice crackers and drinks. For dinner service we had a choice of Set A or Set B. We both ordered Set A, and were given 1 for my wife and I was told have a 5 minute wait, minutes later they started with Icecream service and my wife asked about my dinner that they had forgotten. After 10 Minutes they brought to me but I refused. Every time I got up to use restroom I was asked if I wanted a drink, which I said no.
RouteTokyo to Los Angeles

"service was exceptional"

Not Verified | Bangkok to Houston via Tokyo. Fantastic Airline. First time flying with ANA,I was truly impressed. The check-in process (Bangkok) was fast, it took a about 5 minutes. The ground crew was courteous and helpful. The economy leg room was fine for me (5'8"). Seat was fairly comfortable. In flight service was exceptional. A snack before the first of 2 meals for a 12.5hr flight. I'm a vegan, so I elected for the fruit platter for my meals. Fruit was fresh. Plenty of restrooms available and all were spacious and clean. I've flown many Asian carries over the years and I can say this was the best, so far. I can see why ANA is rated as 5 star. I would recommend ANA to anyone. Will definitely travel with them again.
RouteBangkok to Houston via Tokyo