ANA All Nippon Airways

"most disappointing"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Narita on 8/30 had a serious delay and the way ANA handling it was a mess. First of all, the ANA crew did not know anything about the problem or they knew but they did not tell us, there was no communication between the airline company and customers. All we can do was keep waiting for another delay announcement. A lot of people need to transfer at NRT so the staff let them change the tickets first, that I can totally understand. However, as a business class passenger, I should have the priority to change my flight to other Star Alliance member such as EVA Air, but there was no line for that and after 3 hours waiting in line, one of the staff said the system was closed and my flight cannot be changed. They should just tell us immediately so people did not have to wait for hours. ANA did not arrange a hotel for us, I was flying from JFK to TPE then transfer to NRT, the time I arrived at TPE was 4 am, the time I left TPE was 11 pm, 19 hours of waiting, it was a nightmare. I can assure you I am the passenger who waited for the longest hours. In this case, ANA obvious did not know when the plane can be fixed, they should just arrange a hotel for passengers instead of kept postponing boarding time without explanation.  ANA paid 15,000 yen for communication is barely enough, the taxi from the airport to my hotel was around 10,000 yen, with the tips and tax there’s not much left. At Taipei, food vouchers were not enough, foods were expensive at the airport. 200-300 Taiwanese dollars can’t even get a regular lunch set or dinner set. To sum up, this trip was a nightmare because of this incident. The most disappointing things were the way ANA deal with it. I fly ANA quite often and I always have a good impression, but from this incident, I could not believe it is a 5-star airline.
RouteTaipei to Narita
Date FlownAugust 2019

"have to wait for check-in"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Bangkok in July. Wheelchair passenger have to wait for check-in more than 1 hour at Haneda airport. We had been waiting at Special Assistant line for longer than 30 Minutes, then the line not move because the ladies in front of my group have some problem. All staffs come to help her. So we move from Special Assistant to normal check-in line which is faster, wait another 15 minutes and we are the next queue. ANA staff came to us and put our group back to the Special Assistant queue again. Not good service. Total process for check-in is longer than 1 hour.
RouteTokyo to Bangkok
Date FlownJuly 2019

"service from the FAs was excellent"

(Vietnam)

Not Verified | Ho Chi Minh to to Chicago via Tokyo Narita. The Flight from Ho Chi Minh to Narita in economy was reasonable for the cost. The range of movies on the PTV system was limited and the food was very tasty. Customer service from the FAs was very excellent. The Narita-Chicago Flight was better than Ho Chi Minh to Narita because the service was better and it was flown by a B777-300ER.
AircraftBoeing 767-300 / 777-300ER
RouteHo Chi Minh to to Chicago via Tokyo
Date FlownOctober 2018

"the best travel experience"

Not Verified | Okinawa to Vancouver via Tokyo. It was an amazing experience! We had to leave Okinawa because of a nearby hurricane. And our flight got delayed by an hour and we landed in Tokyo at 9:25pm and our next flight to Vancouver took off at 9:25pm. They had everything planned for our arrival and escorted us to our new flight in a rush and it was so well done. We got through one the worlds biggest airports in 25 mins and they paid for our taxi between terminals and rushed us through security and immigration, and they were keeping us updated the entire time. Got to our flight and safety took off. It was the best travel experience of my life.
RouteOkinawa to Vancouver via Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"very happy with the service"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to New York via Tokyo. I am very happy with the service and cleanliness of this aircraft! ANA and the FAs are very helpful and accommodating. They are also helpful during the flight not only with my baby but other babies too. They are mindful to our needs as a family and always courteous and polite.
RouteManila to New York via Tokyo
Date FlownJuly 2019

"up to the same high standards of service"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | I’ve always enjoyed flying ANA on its international routes and I’m happy to report that the domestic route I flew was up to the same high standards of service. A very early red eye flight, cheap ticket but a very clean, well maintained looking interior to the aircraft. No food served but the flight attendants were very friendly and helpful without being either overly intrusive or noticeably absent. Seats were comfortable, decent enough legroom that I didn’t feel cramped on the 3 hour flight as well which was a bonus as squeezing my six foot frame into some previous airlines cabins has been torturous. No personal screens for entertainment but there were radio channels available and I always travel with a book so I was quite content. Got me where I wanted to go with no fuss and a totally uneventful journey. Thanks!
RouteTokyo Haneda to Ishigaki
Date FlownJuly 2019

"the flight is cancelled"

(Myanmar)

Trip Verified | Yangon to Tokyo. There was a storm in the South China Sea. You'd think that when the flight is cancelled, they'd at least shoot an email to the customers. They did nothing. We went to the airport and was informed that the flight is cancelled. To be fair they did pay decent compensations for hotel and transportation.
RouteYangon to Tokyo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the food was below average"

Trip Verified | Flew ANA from Sydney to Haneda economy and Haneda to Heathrow premium economy and same reverse (premium economy was via a bid process). Flight for economy was reasonable for the cost while the premium economy wasn't as expected in that the degree of recline was less than I expected. The range of movies on the VOD system was very limited and the food was below average. Customer service from the FAs was however excellent where they were very attentive and courteous immediatly offering eye masks and ear plugs on boarding.
RouteSydney to London Heathrw via Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownJuly 2019

"very satisfied with ANA"

Trip Verified | Tokyo Haneda to Sydney. Very satisfied with ANA. Their attention to detail is first class. Their service is focused on customer's safety and comfort. Professional ground and air crew. Second time to fly with ANA to Japan from Sydney and they never disappoint. The first time I was impressed and that's why I preferred to fly with them again on our second trip. As expected the service is superb.
RouteTokyo Haneda to Sydney
Date FlownJuly 2019

"very satisfied with ANA"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | So I just basically did a round trip with ANA between Washington and Tokyo. The entire crew are awesome. Very polite and ready to help. The food is extremely delicious and fresh, with obviously Japanese food focused. My only complaints are with the seat and inflight entertainment. After a couple of hours sleeping, you definitely wake up with pain in your bottom. The seating could be a little bit more comfortable. The inflight entertainment could have more movies subtitled in English, there were just a few subtitled in English. But overall speaking I'm very satisfied with ANA services, I would definitely fly again with them.
RouteTokyo to Washington