ANA All Nippon Airways

"very courteous, polite and helpful"

Trip Verified | We flew ANA flight NH 12 from Tokyo Narita (NRT) to Chicago O'Hare (ORD) on January 13th 2021 as part of trip home to Houston after a SE Asia Family trip. We connected to NH 12 from another ANA flight so after passing security we go directly to our boarding gate. ANA requires all passengers to keep their mask on all the time while in the airplane and while transiting except when eating or drinking. Several ANA gate attendant were making rounds checking people's documents to ensure everybody can legally enter the US. This is better than the UA process of lining everybody up in just one line and clueless on what is the requirement for entry for different countries like we experienced in SFO on our outbound trip. Boarding was announced a few minutes early. Boarding was done in groups; Business Class passengers going first then they start loading Economy from back to the front. They called by rows so there is minimum line formed at the gate, and people can social distancing while lining up. The aircraft was a 14 years old B777-300ER (JA875A) but still in good condition. The flight was quite full but boarding was done quickly. Even with the announcements on cleanings already done on the aircraft cabin, we used Clorox wipes to clean tray tables, seatbelts, armrest and screen when we got to our seat. The seat has fixed back and pivots on the upper section and slides the seat cushion forward for reclining, so there is no risk of person in front of you reclining and intruding into your space. There is footrest under the seat in front of you. Entertainment was OK but for an 11 hour trip like this more choice of movies and TV programs will be appreciated. We used our 3.5" jack wireless transmitter and bluetooth earphones to avoid cable tangles from the provided earphones. The FAs on this flight were relatively younger than the other ANA flights we flew last few times. They are very courteous, polite and helpful, and they are cheerful when they were doing their job and their positive attitude helps passengers to relax. Rice crackers and wet towelettes were handed out with the first drink service. Afterwards we were served dinner along with another drink cart service. Dinner was either beef sukiyaki or braised seafood. I opted for sukiyaki and it was really good. Later breakfast was served and the choices are salmon flake omelette or pancakes. I chose pancakes and the pancake was good, infused with lots of syrup along with a chicken sausage. Before we land we got a tomato cheese bread snack. we were properly fed during the trip compared to American airliners. In between meals the FAs going around offering water bottles or snacks every couple hours or so. They also set up a snack and drink basket that we can help ourselves at the back galley. There were two teams of FAs and I can see them all working hard and all were very cheerful and helpful to the passengers. They were all so good that I decided to give them a box of chocolate I got from Narita during our transit. They initially refused saying this is too much for them but I told them they deserve it for their good service and to share with the other Team, and they finally obliged. We had to wait for late transferring passengers so we were around 15 minutes behind schedule, but we caught up along the way and arrived at 1.13 pm, 37 minutes early to Chicago O'Hare's Terminal 5. Deplaning was done very orderly, they called by the rows to deplane so there is no line waiting to get off the plane.
AircraftBoeing 77W
RouteTokyo Narita (NRT) to Chicago O'Hare (ORD)
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"very polite and courteous"

Trip Verified | Jakarta to Tokyo Narita on 13th January 2021 on the way home to Houston after a SE Asia trip. Checked in online and was able to secure bulkhead seats. Bag drop counter person worked very quick and professional, and put a priority tag on our luggage. Boarding was done in an orderly fashion, Business Class first, then Economy by row from back to front. The aircraft was a 5 year old B789 (JA875A). The seats were spacious, with footrest and leg rest, and a small tray for holding drink in between the seats, and an individual reading light. Aside from us, there is only one other person in the whole Premium Economy section. The aircraft is clean, but we still use the Clorox wipes to clean the tray table, seatbelts, armrest and the screen when we got to our seat. The tray table and screen in the bulkhead seat is folded into the seat and the touch screen is quite responsive. There is enough movies and TV series to occupy us for this 6.5 hours flight. We left 22 minutes late because we have to wait for some late passengers. But we arrived at 3:13 PM local time, a good 27 minutes ahead of schedule. FAs for this trip were very polite and courteous, and quite helpful and cheerful, a better crew set than the previous ANA flight from Tokyo 2 weeks before. We were given rice crackers, drinks and wet wipes after takeoff, then the breakfast cart start making their rounds. Choices are pancakes and white fish, and I chose the pancake. The pancake was fluffy and infused with syrup, and the accompanying chicken sausage and veggies are quite decent. The drink cart making its round again with the lunch/heavy snack before we arrived in Tokyo. Altogether this is a nice flight with ANA, and everything was going very smoothly during the trip.
RouteJakarta to Tokyo Narita
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"This is a good flight with ANA"

Trip Verified | Flew ANA Tokyo Narita - Jakarta on 31st December 2020 as part of a SE Asia Trip with family. We arrived from SFO on UA and ANA checked all transit passenger documents at their transfer counter before we are given a clearance to proceed to our respective gates. We had time to spare so we stayed at ANA Lounge prior to our departure. Boarding was very orderly and they called passengers by row starting from the back. Most of us have been seated 30 minutes before departure time but had to wait for transfer or late passengers so we were leaving around 15 minutes behind schedule. The plane was an 8 year old 788 (JA805A) but still very clean and in good condition. The seats cushion is fine and here is this net type footrest under the seat in front of you. The load is quite full (perhaps 70-80%) but the flight attendants were able to give out good service. Rice crackers snack, drinks and hand wipes were given after takeoff, and there were two other drink runs afterwards, one with supper and another one with the snack. In between the FAs went around every couple hours to offer bottled water. We got a very good supper (White fish or seafood in red sauce - I chose the seafood and it was good!) and after that a cheese tomato roll snack an hour or so before we arrived. A FA remembers when I asked for sake for dinner but she didn't have it in her cart, and she promptly return with the sake afterwards. However the crew doesn't seem to be the cheerful type. They are courteous and helpful but they are not as friendly as most ANA FAs I met in the past. As usual in a long flight I took a walk to the back of the plane and stretch in front of the restroom near the back galley, and afterwards returning to my seat through the other aisle. When I was passing the galley a FA was asking if I need anything and that I shouldn't be in the back galley area. Well I told her I was on my way back to my seat but since I'm here I'll take a cup of sake and some crackers if she don't mind. It surprises me since in most other long haul flights they always set up a snack basket and beverages in the galleys for people to take themselves and we can always cross the galley when we're walking around. This doesn't seem to be the case - or is it because of this particular route or crew, I don't know. Entertainment works well, and we used our 3.5" jack wireless transmitter and bluetooth headphones to avoid the cable tangle. Movie selection is not too extensive but enough for this 7+ hours flight. We land in CGK at 11.26 pm or 29 minutes ahead of schedule, and deplaning was done quick and orderly. This is a good flight with ANA but I believe we may have a crew set who were not as enthusiastic or cheerful in providing service, or perhaps due to this flight being a night flight but not a redeye because they all looks kind of tired and reserved.
RouteTokyo Narita to Jakarta
Date FlownDecember 2020

"I strongly recommend ANA"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | This is the 1st time I was travelling with ANA, and you could understand why customers or aviation fans highly praise Japanese airlines. Although the seat in this flight was not that comfortable (the model is 767); the food & beverages could help you forgotten the uncomfortable feeling of the seats. The food is really amazing; hot enough, taste delicious, and the most important thing Is that after you have your dining finished; the flight attendants will serve you drink Every 15 mins with a different beverages each time; which I have never experienced on other airlines. The attitude of the flight attendants are perfect; with smile on their face, try to help everything that they can, being professional all the time (Including the ground service as well). I strongly recommend ANA for other visitors to Japan.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteTokyo to Hong Kong
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the best airline experience"

Trip Verified | Manila to Vancouver via Tokyo. As part Filipino and part Japanese, I’m proud to say that the presentation of the safety video is very nostalgic and very cultural, which is what I love! The effort, cleanliness, quality and excellent service of the Japanese food and care from the flight attendants is superior! The food tastes freshly steamed and cooked with juicy flavors from the main dish, whereas the small side dishes tastes great, plus mini ice cream for dessert! Entertainment was great too. I even like how they even set up a warning about safety concerns for turbulence impact, reminding to wear your seatbelt and PA announcements on the mini TV screen. The cleanliness in the aircraft, the space and comfortably is superb! My only concern is the room space for the leg space for the economy class in the very back seat which is connected to the wall. Either way, the seat itself with the pillows and the blankets are pretty comfortable and clean! I highly recommend to anyone to look into ANA, their honesty about operating during a pandemic crisis like at this time is strongly recommended to those who are struggling to return to their homes. I would like to say thank you so much again for your hard work and effort and for taking us home safely during this pandemic as it’s tough to work through this crisis. This is the best airline experience I had been through.
RouteManila to Vancouver via Tokyo
Date FlownJune 2020

"Best business product out there"

Trip Verified | New York to Tokyo with ANA. Unbelievably good from gate staff right through to landing. You have not experienced business class until you fly in the "room". Best business product out there. Food was exceptional, FAs were excellent. IFE screen state of the art, but enough movies to get you through a 14 hours flight. Highly recommended.
AircraftBoeing 777-300er
RouteNew York to Tokyo

"pleasant and cheerful"

Trip Verified | Fukuoka to Vancouver via Tokyo Haneda. Wonderful selection of beverages, music, movies and reading material in multiple language from a variety of genres. I appreciated the drink menu and that meal times were specifically posted in the booklet. The Kabosu aromatic water and Zange donburi were delicious. Customer Service was pleasant and cheerful while being polite. The photo I attached was from the breakfast which could have taseted better, but the quickness and practicality, with the addition that I knew exactly when it was coming showed me the preciseness of the care that was put into the planning and implementing of this service. I am sure it was easy to dispose of too which was an effective strategy, reducing the anxiety of the last couple hours significantly.
RouteFukuoka to Vancouver via Tokyo Haneda
Date FlownMarch 2020

"helpful and professional"

Trip Verified | Narita to Perth. ANA kept us informed of their actions regarding Covid19 when it was apparent that changes would be necessary due to health and supply issues. A week prior to our flight it was stated that our route would be suspended the day after our flight. Whilst the Australian governments changed their policy daily during this period, our flight remained with on ok status. We flew last night, despite having an extremely low number of passengers. Despite enduring obvious concerns regarding their industry and their personal careers, the flight staff were friendly, helpful and professional. My admiration and gratitude are overwhelming. A great and comfortable flight and any opportunities to fly with them again will be taken happily. Japan, as usual, was hygienic and had diligent use of masks and hand sanitizer everywhere. We felt completely comfortable travelling throughout our 18-day travels, with business as usual, wherever possible.
RouteNarita to Perth
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cabin crew was outstanding"

(Poland)

Trip Verified | A very enjoyable flight. I flew round-trip from Tokyo to Okinawa and was surprised that even the cheapest fare on their domestic routes includes registered luggage and allows you to choose a seat for free. The cabin crew was outstanding, one of the flight attendants gave me couple of their Star Wars postcards after I'd told her my parents are big fans of the franchise. All in all, I will surely consider flying with them again if I ever find myself in Japan again.
RouteOkinawa to Tokyo
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"exceeded all the expectations"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Tokyo. The premium service I have received in ANA airline exceeded all the expectations. ANA's aircraft and staff hospitality are awesome, simply they reflects the spirit of Japanese. Thanks for ANA.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Los Angeles via Tokyo