American Eagle

"American Airlines. It's a clown show!"

Trip Verified | Jay L. Schottenstein makes $14.7 million/yr then pays his top 5 another $21million to pick you up 6 hrs late in an outdated plane that offers no snacks, drinks, ice and only enough warm water for 1/2 the passengers, oh and no wifi. Only to leave you stranded for 17 + hrs and offer no hotel room or meal vouchers. Then pays nice people poor wages to say sorry through a smile. Tells you it's due to weather only to find out from the pilot it's mechanical. American Airlines. It's a clown show!
RouteChicago to Milwaukee
Date FlownAugust 2021

"The cabins are so small and they are filling every seat"

Not Verified | I would not recommend ever flying this airline. The cabins are so small and they are filling every seat. The flight is packed. It seems their response to our safety during COVID is to pack the small planes where everyone but do not provide any inflight food or beverage service. I flew Delta 2 days ago, what a difference. Every other seat was open. I felt very safe from others who may have the virus and they were great at providing safe food and beverage service. I can't believe the difference in these two airlines. Especially when the price of the flights were exactly the same. I would never choose to fly American Eagle again.
Date FlownMay 2021

"Sensitivity training. Invest in it"

Trip Verified | I am usually not one to take the time to complete reviews or even the one to care about leaving a review. However this time I felt compelled. I was recently a passenger on a flight from Charlotte to New Bern, North Carolina. It had been a weekend. I was boarding the plane. With two bags strategically positioned but still somewhat awkwardly, on my person making my way to my seat. I was wearing new platform sneakers I treated myself to. It had been a year. I think we can all relate. The person in front of me stopped in his tracks to snatch up a spot to place his item in the “overhead bin”. So I had to stop mid step and took a step back. Of course, this happened to be right in front of someone of your staff sitting in one of the rows. He looked at me and said “too much to drink?” I felt instantly embarrassed. Because he wasn’t quiet and discreet. “No sir” I said. but thank you. What I wanted to say was, I did have a glass of wine prior to boarding. But thank you for assuming that I was drunk. Not that I’ve spent a last minute whirlwind weekend with my family in Massachusetts, after 14 months of not seeing them due to Covid. Not seeing my father with kidney failure for fear of bringing the pandemic to his door step, as I am a primary care nurse practitioner. It wasn’t the weight of a weekend spent desperately making up for lost time and salvaging moments. Not being exhausted staying up with him because he was too afraid to asleep. You don’t know me. I don’t know you. In a world that is already struggling. Be kind. Do not assume the worst. As much as anyone, I know the importance of safety. Ask if I am ok. Or say nothing at all. When I really wanted to answer with, if only it was that simple. I am not sure what your company has identified as core values, but where I work, these interactions would be unacceptable. Sensitivity training. Invest in it.
RouteChartlotte to New Bern
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not concerned with even trying to be on time"

Not Verified | Flight departed twenty minutes late. Waited forty five minutes to park after landing because we had to wait for the one of nine gates that was occupied to depart. Ground personnel only handle one plane at a time. Obviously this airline is not concerned with even trying to be on time. First class cabin very cold. Cabin crew said they could not help because of a design flaw.
AircraftCanadair Reginal
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteDallas to South Bend
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"a mediocre experience"

Not Verified | Let’s start with the bad, that is terminal F and Philadelphia, it just is not a nice place, though the food court is nice! LEX is pretty pleasant however, and every single AA employee I talked to at both airports and on the flight were pretty good! My biggest issue was space. I’m 5’8, and about 175 pounds and I was cramped into the little ERJ. So, overall, a mediocre experience. Also, this flight was a Piedmont Airlines flight, operating as American Eagle!
AircraftERJ-145
RouteLexington to Philadelphia
Date FlownJune 2020

"The seat in front of mine was obviously filthy"

Trip Verified | American promises that they keep their planes clean, especially during COVID. The seat in front of mine was obviously filthy and had been for some time. The headrest had a layer of built up dead skin, there was popcorn on the floor, and there was a dirty water mark above my head. None of these obvious things had been cleaned in quite some time. I actually touched the seat in front of me and felt the greasy build up on the headrest. It’s unbelievable that American Airlines would lie about their cleanliness. I have pictures to prove all my claims.
AircraftE170/175
RouteMiami to Ronald Reagan
Date FlownNovember 2020

"overall service of the airline was excellent"

Not Verified | I think the overall service of the airline was excellent. The flight was a bit pricey especially since I had a 6 hour layover for a flight from Charleston to Fayetteville. I also think due to covid the plane should be boarded from the back to the front due to space of the airplane and deboarded from front to back.
RouteMount Pleasant to Charlotte via Fayetteville
Date FlownNovember 2020

"waited over 45 mins for a single passenger to board"

Trip Verified | We boarded on time and then waited over 45 mins for a single passenger to board. The fight is only 30 mins so we sat on the airplane on with masks on for longer than the actual flight for a single passenger, turns out it was an employee in uniform. Not sure why we had to wait considering we paid for this flight and they clearly did not. Probably wouldn't be as annoyed if not sitting for hours on end with this mask on.
RouteWilmington to Nashville
Date FlownOctober 2020

"No social distancing at all"

Trip Verified | They do not care about covid at all. Packed airplane elbow to elbow and they pretend a mask will help me against the virus. No social distancing at all which is law everywhere else except airlines and Walmart apparently. Put my life at risk over a few extra dollars. Never giving them my money again unless they refund me for the complete disregard for my and the other customers health.
RouteArkansas to Erie
Date FlownOctober 2020

"zero knowledge of their product"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Charlotte. All the flight attendants was possibly the worst I’ve had in my life. Not only was they were rude, but had zero knowledge of their product, and super unprofessional.
Seat TypeFirst Class