American Eagle

"not be using this airline again"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Chicago. My initial flight was an hour and a half late. No reason for the delay was given. I ran through the airport to catch my connecting flight and they refused to let me board with 10 minutes to spare. The plane was still stationary and attached to the gate 25 minutes later. I asked them the soonest they could get me a flight to my destination and they replied curtly. "4 PM, tomorrow. That's all we can do". They had me in tears - will not be using this airline again.
RouteNashville to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2018

"never fly American Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Knoxville. First the flight was delayed by one hour. After we finished boarding we had to wait additional 20 for a crew to arrive from another flight. Then we arrive in Knoxville and we had to wait on tarmac for 30 mins to be taken closer to the airport. I will never fly American Airlines again.
RouteCharlotte to Knoxville
Date FlownOctober 2018

"seats were super comfortable"

(Turkey)

Trip Verified | Detroit to Chicago. The seats were super comfortable for an airplane in this size. Even this small airplane has wifi onboard. We arrived so early so we had to wait for ground service which took too long and we exited the aircraft at the exact estimated time, so we didn't loose anytime.
AircraftCRJ700
RouteDetroit to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Worst experience I’ve had"

Trip Verified | Birmingham to Fort Smith via Dallas. Worst experience I’ve ever had. Flights cancelled due to maintenance not weather - agents aren’t being told truth to tell us - either that or they are told to lie to us. Just tell me the truth and I can accept it. But to lie to us is unacceptable. Then no hotel - after we were told we would have a hotel at the location we were laying over in once we get there. 12:30am and we all have to fight to get them to give us a hotel like we were promised since it was a maintenance issue. Today get to airport early, flight cancelled due to maintenance, now setting on a plane waiting for fuel and a restroom that we were told doesn’t work! Now we are told another maintenance issue exists and we are delayed again! Will never fly American again after my points are used!
RouteBirmingham to Fort Smith via Dallas
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"had a great experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to New York La Guardia. Quick 1 hour flight. I found the seat on the E145 to be more comfortable than that on the Air Canada Rouge 767, which is good. Staff were very helpful, overall had a great experience.
AircraftERJ140LR
RouteToronto to New York La Guardia
Date FlownAugust 2018

"Don’t fly American"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Myrtle beach. Sat on the tarmac while pilot told us weather was bad. Flight cancelled and returned to gate. Rebooked 24 hours later. No one offered meal or hotel. Turns out it was not weather but a technical issue. Why can airlines lie and get away with it? Don’t fly American.
RoutePhiladelphia to Myrtle beach
Date FlownJune 2018

"Why did I pay extra"

Not Verified | Mazatlan to Dallas Ft.Worth. The plane had only 1 working bathroom which resulted in the aisle being blocked for almost the entire flight. This is unsafe and inconveniet. When I checked in, even though I paid extra for my ticket to be able to have a carry on, they made me check it. I told them I didn't want to because I had medicine in it. They told me to take the meds out and check it. Why did I pay extra for my ticket?
RouteMazatlan to Dallas Ft.Worth

American Eagle customer review

Trip Verified | Never fly this airline. They failed two times to tell me I was standby on the next flight and the next day also. My handicapped friend & I waited five hours to be told that. I could have booked another airline or drove to JFK for my connecting flight on British Airways. I was surprising my daughter for mother's day, flying back with her to Lebanon. Approx $1200 later I am rescheduling until Sept after driving from Michigan to Cleveland so my sister would care for my animals. Terrible, no response from them.
RouteCleveland to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2018

2marked decline in reliability"

Trip Verified | College Station to Washington via Dallas. I have flown out of College Station for six years. I have noticed a marked decline in the reliability and on-time performance of the American Eagle flights in the past year or so. I have flown four times in the past couple of months, and each time the flight was delayed at least an hour. Today I scheduled a connection with an extra hour of connection time, but it is not enough. I am going to miss the connection. I fly internationally quite often and have given up trying to fly American Eagle for those trips, because missing the connection is not something you can recover from. The thing I hate the most is the way they say, delayed 20 minutes. Then delayed an hour. Then delayed an hour and 10 minutes. Then delayed two hours. etc. If the delay were at least estimated with a little more accuracy, then a person could make plans. The problem is that the planes are so ancient that there are constant maintenance problems. This airline, like nearly all US carriers, is a mess. It is just terrible. If I had any choice at all about travel, I would not fly American Airlines, but in my town there are very limited options. Unfortunately American Eagle does not give a darn about its quality of service. The ground crew in CLL just shrugs their shoulders. Not their fault.
AircraftERJ-145
RouteCollege Station to Washington via Dallas
Date FlownMay 2018

"never fly American Airlines"

Trip Verified | Louisville to Dallas. We arrived at the airport at 416pm because our flight was set to leave at 635 PM. The boarding pass at first was not confirmed at the ticket desk. The staff had to go get a supervisor. He said she could not find it because my flight had been changed to depart at 8pm. Instead of gate 29 we were now 49. We walked to 49. I looked at my phone and at 417pm and got an alert starting the flight would be late. I was already at the ticket desk by then. Then after sitting for two hours next to gate 49 they announced my flight gate had changed to 1. I have a fused foot and if my daughter had not been with me I would not have made that walk with my luggage in time. I will never fly American Airlines or its affiliates ever again.
RouteLouisville to Dallas