American Eagle

"cancelled flight or a delay"

Trip Verified | Dallas Ft Worth to Amarillo. Pretty much done flying American. Every single time it results in a cancelled flight or a delay, and American shows no sense of urgency. They do not care. Not one bit. You cannot make plans when flying American because their planes are so old and things fail when time for take off. Highly suggest using a different airline.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Amarillo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Flight was consistently delayed"

Trip Verified | Reagan to Providence with American Eagle. Flight was consistently delayed. Gate changed 2 times. Plane changed to a smaller plane. Was not informed of the smaller plane or that those with tickets in rows not available on the new plane would get bumped. Meal voucher given was declined when I tried to use it. Was not told original flight had mechanical issues and another plane was being used which had room for some of those that were bumped until I overheard other passengers talking about it. Worst experience ever.
RouteReagan to Providence
Date FlownOctober 2019

"our flight also is delayed for maintenance"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Wilkes Barre. While waiting for my flight 2 other flights delayed by American Eagle for maintenance. Then it’s our turn, 10 mins before boarding and our flight also is delayed for maintenance. Sounds to me like someone should take better care of their equipment/aircraft.
AircraftRJ145
RoutePhiladelphia to Wilkes Barre
Date FlownOctober 2019

"had consistently poor service"

Not Verified | Had to use American Eagle to get to and from DFW to San Angelo Regional Airport and back or I never would have flown them. I've done this twice in the past year and both trips (a total of 4 flights) provided similar experiences. I have had consistently poor service (or lack thereof). The planes honestly scare me with how many obvious repairs (that don't seem particularly well done) have been done to these ancient airplanes. They seem dirty as well, though that could just be the yellowed plastic from age. The seats are hit or miss depending on how worn out the cushion is. They don't seem to have been replaced since the airplanes were manufactured (probably 20-30 years ago by the looks of them). The planes are small so if you have a standard to large carry on, it will have to be checked in. This is more FYI, since they can't really control the size of the overhead compartments (though they could buy planes made in this decade and solve this issue). The counter was supposed to have staff from 4 am - 7 pm, according to a sign on their counter. There was no one there at all. Keep in mind this small airport has 2 gates and an average of 3 flights a day. I would presume having an employee man the counters for three flights wouldn't be too much to ask, but apparently it is for American Eagle. I can't really comment on their in-flight service since, in all fairness, their flights are usually too short to be able to provide any services. However, I can comment that the pilots do not fly well, and I legitimately thought the plane had crash landed at first when the plane just dropped several meters out of the sky on landing. In the future I will just fly into DFW and drive the 3 hours to San Angelo. I will also never fly American Airlines itself again because of their partnership with this atrocious airline.
RouteSan Angelo Regional to Dallas Fort Worth
Date FlownAugust 2019

"never fly American Eagle again"

Trip Verified | By far worst flying experience ever. 2 out of four flights cancelled, and one delayed. Our plane leaving grand rapids got up to speed almost off the ground and then came to a screeching halt. The flight was then cancelled due to mechanical issues. I spoke with customer service at the 800 number, the my customer service rep was very rude to me and accused me of being rude because I was displeased my flight would have then been delayed by over 24 hours. I then took a flight the next morning that was delayed as well, and had to fly into Manchester NH over 2.5 hour drive from my home. I will never fly American Eagle again.
RouteBurlington to Grand Rapids
Date FlownAugust 2019

"hated the strange music"

Not Verified | Green Bay to Chicago. Generally good service. What I hated was the strange music we were forced to listen to when we first boarded the plane. Silence would be a perfect option.
RouteGreen Bay to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"it will be the last time."

Trip Verified | Providence to Chicago. First time I flew American Eagle. And it will be the last time. Delayed an hour because of a cabin defect. Overhead compartment door would not closed fully. Was fixed via duct tape. The guy had to go off to get another piece. Also their boarding process is unfriendly.
RouteProvidence to Chicago
Date FlownAugust 2019

"an amazing flight attendant"

Not Verified | I am sorry i cannot get my Eticket to load. I was on AA3533 03 August departed Chicago O'Hare airport to Madison WI. I had just an amazing flight attendant Sara. She was so friendly and kind. Peggy
RouteChicago to Madison

"delayed, delayed, delayed"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Cincinnati. The flight keeps being delayed, delayed, delayed. All the staff is offering is one excuse after another. This airline is holding us hostage. The airline has inefficient maintenance and terrible escalation procedures. Now we are being moved to the opposite end of the terminal. This is my first and last time flying this shower.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cincinnati
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not respect people’s time"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Cincinnati. American Airlines does not respect people’s time! Or I think they don’t know the importance of time. Ok to be on point I know they always do delays but they hide it until last moment! I think AA needs some training. Please AA improve your service and taste of cookies served on plane. Crew members are rude and so is customer assistance.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cincinnati