American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

May 30 - AA90 daytime flight ORD-LHR. 767-300. Boarding delayed as 15 min before scheduled departure the plane was just coming to the gate. Gate agents were horrible - that is the only part of the trip that was bad. Flight boarded quickly and pilot apologized for the delay. Flight attendants in economy were really great - friendly and prompt to respond to requests. Breakfast was french toast and there was a lot of food provided - I was surprised as usually breakfasts on AA Int'l are small. 2 movies shown on the overhead monitors - this is where AA fails without excuse. These planes need AVOD in each seat - end of story - period. But the service made up for it. Left Chicago 45 min late - arrived London 15 min late. Bags were already there when we got out of immigration. Good flight and service. The Purser was amazing also - helping out in both cabins and very friendly.

American Airlines customer review

American is the worst airline I have been on. I'm sitting in the plane after boarding in Chicago having to de- board due to an oil leak after 30 minutes waiting the maintenance have the all clear took off then the pilot came over the speaker saying we need to turn back land and de-board again switch gates then it gets delayed for an hour after they told us there was an immediate plane waiting. By far the worst and stressful experience I have ever had. I will never fly with American again.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-DFW-SNA and return-first leg B773 very comfortable and on time AA gave us an unexpected and unasked for complimentary upgrade to MCE (very much appreciated). FA's were excellent second leg B738 was delayed by 2 hrs by storms at DFW scattering aircraft and crews everywhere AA performed miracles getting crews together. Return was on new B738 no complaints whatsoever everything to schedule however DFW-LHR on B772 was delayed approx 70 mins due to passengers trying to stow "hand luggage" larger than our hold luggage but again flight crew must've put the pedal to the metal as only arrived 15 mins late. Did not as one of life's great sleepers use the IFE on any legs and do not have any great expectations on airline food so wasn't disappointed.

American Airlines customer review

We flew from Las Vegas to JFK New York on 23rd May this year with American Airlines and we have never encountered such rude and unhelpful flight attendants. It was a 4.5 hour flight and they only came round with the drinks trolley once at the beginning of the flight and when I asked for some water was told that she wasn't there to run round after me! I was horrified but told her that I would follow her down to the galley and get my own water so she stormed off and brought me one back. The whole flight she was abrupt and rude. There were 6 of us in the party on holiday in 3 separate cities in USA. That was the only one where we encountered rude and nasty staff.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-LAX. After reading about the new business class cabin on American's 777-300 we decided to book our trip with them. We made a great choice. At Heathrow there is a separate 'flagship check in' outside the main terminal which was quick calm and very quiet. The Admiral's Club at LHR is disappointing - more like a cafe/canteen with strip lighting. Anyway once on board the cabin was great - the seats are a winner with a real feeling of privacy the screen is huge and there's a big choice of films and the food was good. Crew warmed up after a while and responded well to all requests. The walk-up bar had loads of snacks and was topped up throughout. Flight was on time. Remote stand a bit of pain but I understand this is due to construction. Definitely recommend.

(Italy)

MXP-JFK return in economy. Boeing 767-300 was comfortable and silent service just okay seats cramped food too limited for a long range flight both inbound and outbound. Inflight entertainment just OK. Asked for upgrading purchase on return flight at check-in and was told from AA lady at counter the price was USD 7000 one way - unbelievable what a joke! Avoid AA from Milan fly Delta or Emirates.

(South Africa)

The food was ghastly. Dallas Fort Worth to London breakfast was a measly white bread bun bare on the tray (no plate or even plastic) with butter and cheese with a small tub of yoghurt and a small orange juice. The dinner chicken tasted awful. The service from the cabin staff was abrupt and short. Some hand wipes at meal times would be great as the toilets left much to be desired. Also at meal times they would not remind passengers to put their chairbacks up like the attendants on the other airlines I mostly use. I think Qatar Airways is doing itself a disservice by aligning with American Airlines on code share flights. I particularly booked with Qatar Airways as their service is always impeccable.

American Airlines customer review

Boeing 777-300 GRU-JFK First Class. True waste of money or miles until crew's sense of premium service matches product. Last night First Class service in my flight was a joke : from the warm champagne to the traffic of crew members congregated in the service area socializing quite loudly in the middle of the night; to the dirty wine glass. Unpleasant main dish and Breakfast service so rushed that it felt as if it was coach. Do not seat in 2A as crew will bother you with the curtain hitting your seat every time they march between cabins (all night long). Great product but substandard service. Stay in business.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

If there was a way to rate this company's service to a score less than 1 I would do that. I booked my flight all confirmed connecting through Chicago. In Chicago after a gate change and an hour delay they cancelled the flight to my destination. No options no direction just cancelled. Then after 30 min on the call I talked to them for rebooking. Nothing available. I got someone at a kiosk to help and they booked me on a flight 2 DAYS later whereas I had to be at a conference the next morning. Needless to say that was not an option. I rented a car and drove 10 hours straight to my destination getting to my destination at 4am. Then it is time to get back home and they tell me they have canceled my return ticket because I did not complete my trip. No warning no notification nothing. Just cancelled. So I had to pay for another ticket to get back home. There were many people like me on that plane. People from across the world who couldn't even speak English and they were lost and confused. I ended up helping one of them. There is no excuse for this. This is the worst none customer service oriented company I have ever dealt with. Avoid this airline by all means even if you have to pay a little more to go with another airline.

American Airlines customer review

We flew Toronto to Chicago; paid almost $700 per ticket which was very expensive considering it was an 1.5 hour flight. When we booked the flight we thought it was through WestJet as it was advertised that way but in small writing at the bottom it said operated by American Airlines which we didn't see when we booked the flight otherwise we wouldn't have booked it. We had a very bad experience with AA a few years ago and refused to book any more flights with them. This time both flights were delayed. When returning they had oversold so my sister and I volunteered to take a later flight. That wasn't the issue. The issue was the incompetence of the staff; it took them an hour and a half to figure out how to give us our vouchers which is ridiculous because they told us we couldn't leave the gate until they gave us the voucher so we couldn't even go and have dinner or anything. On top of that the rep there kept saying she had no idea what she was doing and this was her first time doing vouchers - then get someone who knows what they're doing rather than wasting an hour just trying to figure it out yourself doesn't give us a lot of confidence in your abilities. Other issue was that they kept changing the gate to the flight (it was changed 4 times no exaggeration) and when we would go up to the desk to make sure it was there every person at the desk was extremely rude and one actually said to us "can't you read the monitor?" and when we explained that our ticket had a different number than what was on the monitor they gave us a dirty look and said that what they had was right (it wasn't in the end which is pathetic). it would be nice that if you were going to change the gates; at least inform people and let them know. Another minor thing was with the flight attendant she was grabbing something from the bin above my sister and her bag kept hitting my sister's head several times; and she wouldn't even apologize even though she saw it happening; she just gave us a look like how dare you sit there and be in my way when she was the one who was in our way. Very rude and terrible customer service. Will never fly again; I am not even going to use my voucher because that would mean I would have to travel again with this airline.