American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Chicago ORD to Boston. They got me to where I wanted to go at a reasonable time at a reasonable price. Can't blame American for the delay. I didn't expect free food or free alcohol. B737-800 was fine and so was the crew.

(Finland)

I flew from JFK to LHR with my family on 9th May. I was very pleased with the flight experience. I value a good entertainment system more which this Boeing 777 had with personal power outlet than the quality of food. There are restaurants at JFK that offer various choices. The irplane is not a restaurant. Food is a + but my values are on the seat comfort more. Seats were comfortable. Service was very efficient and fast. I also liked the dimmed cabin. Only bad thing was that the AC fan was on a quite heavy mode. Crew were mostly very friendly.

American Airlines customer review

Worst customer service I have had. My flight was cancelled today due to reasons that the airline had no control over but the customer service was awful. I was at O'Hare in Chicago flying to Phoenix and departing at 11.35. I left the airport today in Chicago feeling like I got stranded with no help and to fend for myself. I have never had a cancelled flight and didn't know what to do. I followed everyone else and waited to speak to an agent in line for almost 2 hours. When it was my turn to speak to someone they closed the line down and said we needed to go to the booking desk. I had no idea where that was and tried to ask. After being ignored one of the agents snapped at me and told me they couldn't help me unless I was flying to Dallas. They wouldn't even direct me on where I needed to go. I will never fly this airline again after I finally get home tomorrow. Worst customer service I have ever had to deal with.

American Airlines customer review

Flew May 13/14 2014 ONT-DAL-DTW. This was the worst flight experience I've had. The plane in ONT was delayed 5 hours due to maintenance causing nearly everyone to miss their connecting flight out of DAL. We had to wait in line (I waited 1.5 hours) at ONT to get on a new connecting flight out of DAL. The seats on the plane out of ONT were tiny old creaky and uncomfortable and staff were disinterested and unfriendly. There was no "inflight entertainment" to speak of. The worst came however when we arrived at DAL. Immediately upon disembarking we were informed that "there are no hotel rooms left in Dallas". The customer service reps feebly tried to console people with Nature Valley granola bars and cheaply-made cots but everyone was in a mostly miserable mood. I and many others ended up trying to sleep on chairs through the night. Very few people got any sleep. Terrible experience all around. The last time I fly American.

(Dominican Republic)

Traveling from Miami to Santo Domingo arrived at the airport approximately 1.5 prior to departure. First you have to queue to help yourself at one of the self-service check in machine. After waiting for approximately 10 minutes we go through the check in procedure experienced some problem and had to get help from the staff member at the check in station. In the end we were unable to check in and were asked to go to the customer service counter. The staff member at the counter asks us to wait and disappears for 5 to 10 min and when he returns he advises us that we are now to late to check in luggage as it is less than an hour before departure and we are talking about 10 minutes now. He advises us that we can fly but our luggage cannot. Only option is to take a flight the next day pay $120 to change the flight and pay for another night in a hotel. The main issue here is the rude attitude of the staff. We can accept that there are rules to be followed but the attitude of the staff is a disgrace. AA have never been a great airline but this experience is by far the worst we have ever experience with any airline. We will do our very best to avoid flying AA again.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-DFW-XNA AA51 transatlantic then American Eagle. I had avoided American Airlines transatlantic for years but thought to give the "new" American a try. Boeing 777-300ER already showing wear and tear in First Class. Cabin was dirty and food was inedible. Also the logic of serving lunch/dinner on an 09.30 flight utterly defeats me. Why not serve lovely breakfast? Crew was keen to get meal service over and disappear for the remainder of the flight. Flight diverted to IAH due to low fuel / weather but almost no announcements from flight deck. On American Eagle flight attendant was rude and not professionally dressed; She wore a crumpled uniform and believe it or not Dutch-style clogs. Overall it is so sad that there is no sophistication nor manner / culture at the "new" American Airlines. Travel on American Airlines is nowhere close to a First Class experience. This is a desperately poor airline but there isn't much choice across the pond sadly. Avoid this carrier if you can.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

We took this airline from Raleigh to London because we expected a similar service to BA with which it codeshares. Unfortunately we were so wrong! There is firstly no modern inflight entertainment system for economy class and the food was dreadful. Onboard service was rushed and not very friendly and to top it all we had one of the flight attendants talking loudly with passengers at the back throughout the whole night. Of course that meant that even without entertainment there was also no sleeping for those of us unlucky enough to be in this attendant's vicinity.

American Airlines customer review

LHR to JFK thinking I was traveling on British Airways flight BA1506 only found out I was flying on a codeshare flight with American Airlines AA105 when I got to the airport. Check in was efficient and friendly and the flight was uneventful except for the crew who made the whole experience feel very uncomfortable. I have never experienced cabin crew like it. Its a given that everyone has an off day once and a while but some of the crews interactions with the passengers that I witnessed were uncalled for. Crew were short unfriendly disinterested and deliberately ignored some passengers. At one stage I was made to feel like a huge inconvenience when I asked for a paper towel to dry up some water I accidentally spilled. In the end I had to queue at the toilets as I was informed I was capable of getting my own towels as the crew were busy. When we landed and were disembarking the crew thanked me for flying the New American Airlines. I don't know why BA codeshare with this airline as the service standards are at complete opposites of the scale. When I book my next flight I will make sure I know what airline I'm flying so I'm not on a code share with AA.

American Airlines customer review

April 24th from MSP-DFW-SAN. No major complaints in-flight arrived close to on time. I was concerned when I was unable to check in online so I emailed customer service and they apologized for the issues they were having with the American/US Airways merger. It was all good as I was able to check us in and print our boarding passes at the airport kiosk (even though the message when I tried to check in online said "see agent at airport"). All in all a fine experience. My next flight will be on Spirit Airlines so wish me luck.

American Airlines customer review

Worst airline I have flown with. American Airlines should be branded a budget airline. Flew from JFK to LHR and the experience was beyond belief. Firstly I was charged an arm and leg for excess weight off my bag. Secondly the staff on AA should get training serious training and customer service skills. The food is almost non existent seats are worst in class and the TV's are approx 4inch which are well scratched and used!