American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

Have lived outside the US for 20+ years. Have flown many long haul flights to European hubs and then on to different cities in the US. We usually fly on British Airways (great airline) or KLM or Delta. For the first time was forced (because of a change in flight schedules) to fly on American Airlines from DFW to London (Heathrow) yesterday. So many things wrong: seatbelt sign on for most of the flight despite only occasional mild turbulence. Not acceptable on a 9 hour flight. The flight attendants were not friendly or service oriented. They mostly communicated with each other and acted annoyed when interacting with passengers. or they just sat in the galley. On this long flight a request for another small bottle of water (in business class) was denied: "Only one per customer". They did not come around even once during the night to offer drinks. Unless there is no other choice avoid long-haul trips on this airline. The ground staff were a little better still not customer oriented.

American Airlines customer review

My husband and I have been trying to get home since 4/6/2014 we were booked on a flight at 4.10 after a one hour delay they cancelled it. We couldn't get booked on another flight so we had to stay over. They booked us on flight #2575 at 9.25 then overnight somehow we got cancelled even though we had recheck boarding passes. We were re- booked for a noon flight #2419. Then after being directed to 2 different gates and waiting in the airport for over 12 hours today 4/7/2014 our flights to Albuquerque were canceled. We were sent to 5 different gates during the 12 hours. 3 cancellations in 24 hours it's unacceptable customer service. We still don't know if we're actually going to have a plane at 8.20 flight #1285.

(South Africa)

Flew LHR-MIA. Seats are uncomfortable Inflight entertainment is below par. Overall its better just to avoid AA by all means.

American Airlines customer review

AA997 DFW-EZE on 4 April - First Class. Overall a great experience. The purser was very personable and professional. 777-200 plane which has seen better days - for a first class seat (that I will say was super comfortable to sleep in as it was totally flat and they give you a thin mattress which makes it much better) there were so many little tears and things that made the seat look tatty. Food was good - appetizer soup (great pumpkin soup) salad chicken and veggies and desert. In-flight TV on AA is always a joke compared to any other carrier - too few TV shows - too few updated recent movies - super small screen for a first class experience. But for the price and the overall service - AA wins on this flight. I have recently had a lot of flights and AA has been doing great. Keep up the great work!

American Airlines customer review

My husband and I were on flight 2224 from Las Vegas on April 4. The airplane was an S-80. We flew first class and were very disappointed. The only difference between first and the rest of the plane was a wider seat and meal. The plane didn't have movies or music. Bare bones plane for sure. Also a constant stream of people walking from the back of the plane to use front lavatory. Also alcohol is plentiful if you drink however I wanted ice tea and that is not an option. Maybe they don't know that it is available in bottles or cans.

American Airlines customer review

We flew in from Jamaica to Dallas Fort Worth Texas and our flight was delayed. The biggest problem was that there was little information given to passengers. After 2 hours we found out we were waiting for a crew to arrive from another destination. After being delayed 4 hours we finally got on the plane to sit on the runway for another 45 minutes. The pilot said we were being re-routed due to weather and did not have enough fuel and would have to go back to the gate to refuel. We reach the gate at 2am and wait to only be told the flight was now cancelled. This is where I truly get frustrated with the way things were handled. 150+ passengers are told their flight is cancelled but there is no other flights going into Louisville. You will have to find another way home or wait until Wednesday (6 days later)! We wait in line another 1.5 hrs to try and find a flight close to home willing to drive the rest of the way. The gate agents have been no help whatsoever it was 5.30 in the morning and they offered no cots or anything to us. There were no hotel rooms. They did give us a $12 voucher for a meal. Finally got a late flight almost 24 hours later to Cincinnati but now have to incur additional expense of renting a car to get home. Tried to get on a couple of standby flights but I have noticed that AA overbooked every flight and boots people off so stand by is a joke. Highly disappointed!

American Airlines customer review

Paid $1700 for two seats. Airline website would not allow us to choose seats at time of booking. Return a week later to book and lo and behold only paid seats left. Call Airline and told unless we pay and additional $170 per person we will have to depend on the kindness of others to move seats so we can sit together. This is absolute crap. If you can't book your seats at time of booking then don't buy the ticket unless you're willing to pay additional $$$ to actually get a seat.

American Airlines customer review

We flew from MCO via MIA to Punta Cana. The first leg was fine and for an hours flight every was completely satisfying. The second leg from Miami to Punta Cana was a total disappointment for my first international flight with AA. At the airport I was rejected to enter the lounge as for flights to The Caribbean the access is excluded. This logic I will never understand. The two flight attendants have been absolutely passive in their service and spent their time rather with making jokes with each other or actively ignoring requests such as a glass of water or getting visa documents. One flight attendant had his hands in his pockets at all times - while going through the aisle. I have never been so disappointed from a Business Class flight before. For sure AA will not have me as a customer onboard again and I am glad that there are a lot of options on the US flight market.

American Airlines customer review

AA 324 MCO-DFW in First. Flight on time pre-ordered snack delivered cheerfully pre-departure drinks offered. Inflight the Attendant could not do enough for everyone. Ordered 5 star connecting service and arrival service. Was met at the arriving gate at DFW and taken by golf cart to the Admirals Club in Concourse D. I was able to bypass the Admirals club check in line handed Premium Drink vouchers and told I would be greeted by someone else to take me to my next flight. Shortly afterward the weather turned horrible for about an hour. My new 5 star agent found me in the Admirals Club and asked if I had any questions. I had her check to make sure the plane taking me to Santiago Chile made it on the ground. She came back to confirm it was on the ground but waiting for a gate due to the weather. Near boarding time she collected me and carted me off to the gate. I was carted back to the Admirals Club and asked to be kept informed of the situation. I was collected again and informed the new plane was ready but they were under tight time constraints to get it going due to crew time restraints. AA's Flagship suite is comfortable the turn down service pyjamas slippers and kit were all very nice. The international crew in First save for one employee were polite but simply went through the motions. The food was decent. Filled out the Breakfast Card and awoke to a nice breakfast and a wonderful view of the Andes as the sun was rising. Despite the Delay in DFW good job by AA.

American Airlines customer review

I arrived 4 hours early for my late afternoon flight to Orlando after my cruise. I was confirmed in Main Cabin Extra. Miami has always been a "challenging" airport but not having been there in over a decade it was a whole new challenge. My bag was 5 lbs overweight so I had to go buy a small personal carry item and remove 5 lbs from my bag. Needless to say a huge hassle. Since I checked in so early American did not offer to put me on one of the several flight before mine but they certainly did send my bag early as it was already in this huge mire when I arrived in Orlando. The security situation in Miami is a nightmare. Once finally through the drama the new terminal AA built was nice with allot more choices of things to do but it seemed gate after gate I passed no one cleaned up the trash left by the customers. Flight boarded on time I asked for some tissue got it promptly then only saw the Flight attendants during seat belt check before and take off and landing. They all seemed to pile into F class and offer multiple drink rounds. Main Cabin Extra is what AA Coach used to be minus the service. We arrived on time and my bag had been waiting hours for me. No complaints.