American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

I booked travel 2 months ago for my wedding. The day of the trip American Airlines cancelled the flight and put me and my fiancee on a flight 10hrs later (in different seats) when they had other flights available that would've got us there sooner. After they flew us to our connecting flight they delayed it another hour. I normally fly with Southwest I will never make the mistake of flying American Airlines again.

American Airlines customer review

The newer American Airlines triple 7 with the 2-5-2 seating configuration is a very uncomfortable in economy class. On a recent flight from Buenos Aires to Dallas/Ft. Worth my legs were touching the seat in front of me and so were my wife's. I am about 6 feet and my wife is 5'8. The American 767 from Dallas/Ft. Worth to San Francisco had more leg room. I do not recommend long haul flights in the triple7 in the 2-5-2 configuration.

American Airlines customer review

Flew NRT-ORD in Business AA 154 on March 10. The seats and service (apart from inflight entertainment) remain not as good than the Japan Airlines flights on the same route but I saw a real effort to improve. I often find Chicago-based AA cabin attendants particularly surly for some reason but this trip I was blessed by having an outstandingly efficient and even pleasant Japanese cabin attendant who looked after the Japanese speakers as well as me very well. The connecting flight to BOS AA 2474 had at least as good cabin crew and the pilot even shook the hands with the passengers in First before the flight started.

American Airlines customer review

I no longer fly American. I was Platinum for 12 years but I can no longer deal with their customer service their change fees and their attitudes. Flying on American is tough enough but if you have an American Eagle leg in your trip you are likely to face delays slow baggage service and attitudes that are even worse than that of other American employees. Eagle will also tend to push your price up I have chosen to speak with my wallet and to stop giving AA my money.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

Flew on AA1617 last night from ORD-LAX on a new 737-800 sporting AAs latest interiors all leather seats in First and Coach. The new colors seating and IFE systems are pretty outstanding. My congratulations to AA for continuing to add new aircraft and upgrade their aircraft interiors. It makes for a much more enjoyable flight experience.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

This is a comment about the "new" American Airlines (American/USAir). My wife daughter and 15 month grandson flew USAir Express from Washington National to Louisville yesterday for a special occasion. They took off more than 2 hours late because of a broken toilet on the commuter airline (USAir Express). Today they were scheduled to fly back on American Eagle from Lousville to Washington National on a 1.25pm flight. First flight was delayed until 3.30pm and now cancelled with no alternative until tomorrow. So now they are driving back. We will do everything in our power to avoid flying the "new" American.

American Airlines customer review

Very bad flight experience. Though I was booked in Business Class the seats and taking care of food preference was horrible. My in seat entertainment system was not working. Also on top of it the control to call the attendant was not working. Even the reading light on the seat was not working for a major portion of the flight I could not read anything. I had in advance booked an Asian Vegetarian meal. I was informed that the meal had not been arranged. My seat was moving I was not sure that the seat was fully in upright position at the time of take off and landing.

American Airlines customer review

I fly about 5-12 times a year so it's not a lot but it's not a little either. I've done international and many within the USA. I have never flown with AA but I will from now on. I usually only fly us air but I'm on a flight from CLT to Dallas/Ft. Worth and it was the most comfortable short distance flight I have taken to date. Other competitors don't even come close. (I'm comparing only to those flights within the USA and mid-size) the seats were comfortable the staff nice and each seat has a TV in front of it. Well done for changing my mind!

American Airlines customer review

IAH to LGA via Chicago O'Hare on March 6th on a redemption ticket. Both flights were on-time. Easy checking and Priority AAccess helped me to get quickly through security and to board the aircraft early. Very smooth and organize boarding both flights arrived early. Great cabin crew comfortable seats and generous legroom. Definitely recommend flying AA.

American Airlines customer review

Can not believe they tout new planes yet can't have a consistent onboard experience. I fly 2 to 3 times a week on AA and I never know what my flight will entail. Poor options for entertainment. If you are lucky enough to have internet on a flight you may or may not have the ability to rent a movie or show which I am happy to do. Yet I get on the new airbus which honestly is just as bad as their ancient md-80's and I can either stare at the broken monitor I was given where the sound doesn't work or like the passenger next me the screen was completely broken and would not display correctly. I get on gogo and it won't allow me to rent anything yet surf on a slow and labored internet connection. How can you not bring a consistent options to those that fly you the most?