American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

RDU-LHR return in Y. Outbound check-in and bag check handled smoothly no complaints. Boarding somewhat chaotic but this was mainly due to the layout of the gate area. Aircraft on this route are older 763s with no IFE but seats and toilets seemed in decent condition. Food decent enough and FAs - while not terribly friendly - were diligent about offering drinks. Entertainment was pretty miserable but what do you expect when you have no seatback system and have to rely on the overheads? Pretty laughable for an international leg. Return flight check- in at LHR was a breeze but boarding was infuriating! Pax with group 3/4 boarding passes rushing the gate during pre-boarding gate attendants barely speaking above a whisper when announcing boarding groups. Really ridiculous. FAs on return flight much friendlier. Main Cabin Extra proved worthwhile as the legroom was plentiful. All in all worth the competitive fare but not nearly at the standard of other nations' flag carriers.

American Airlines customer review

LHR-DFW-SJO return via JFK. I set out with middling expectations of AA in economy and was pleasantly surprised. New 777 is great seats a little narrow but what can you expect? Flights to and from SJO on old 757s but crew made both flights quite enjoyable. If only JKF immigration would work a little better. Everyone's experiences are always different but on this occasion AA looked after us nicely.

American Airlines customer review

Recently landed from DFW-LAX-SFO. On my initial flight from DFW to SFO most things in comparison were fine however the quality of first class compared to Virgin is excessively disappointing. There were a lot more passengers in the first class then ever the FA was running around endlessly and even forgot to give us a cookie or even a snack with our drink. On the return trip the service was much better but did not offer any pre-flight beverages. On the last leg they even failed to grab my coat and hang it up for us. Overall Virgin America still has true First Class seats the new AA first class are more like business class with amenities. The food is quote mediocre but better then before.

American Airlines customer review

AA hits a homerun with its new business class on the 777-300. They've entirely reinvented the AA business class experience with lie-flat seats in private pods. From JFK-LHR we experienced great food good service and restful sleep. It beats the business class of many quality European and Asian airlines - and is the best among US airlines. Nice to see AA investing in its product.

American Airlines customer review

Wanted to fly from ORD to CLE and decided to take AA for the first time after having had bad experiences with them a few years ago. Flight was canceled 1 min before departure without any information and now have been waiting for 7 hours to get my bag returned. The ground staff are rude and unhelpful if this is suppose to be the new American as they advertise it then I think they should over think their business model.

American Airlines customer review

I have read many negative reviews about American Airlines and was hesitant about booking my recent flight on them but due to the price of the ticket (flew first class) and the short notice of booking a flight over the holidays I chose them. Well I was very pleasantly surprised. All my flights (GNV-MIA-IAD) were on time. The flight attendants were friendly and very professional. The meals were good and the airplanes were modern and clean. I usually fly Delta but with such a pleasant experience on American I may reconsider who I book on future flights.

American Airlines customer review

As noted in previous posts the American Airlines of today is in the midst of a steady decline. The AA of the 70's and 80's is now just a distant memory. This week I had my 17 year old on a flight from from ORF to DFW then to SGF. Easy connection and my son knows DFW very well and can get around pretty easily. While tracking the flight it was diverted to Charlotte. Reason was weather in DFW. Delay after delay now became a mechanical issue. So arrive DFW 2 hrs late. Needless to say he missed the connection and with Christmas there are no other seats the rest of the day until 9am the following morning. If I had not acted quickly and did some pleading with AA I was able to get him to XNA 7 hours late. So all in all AA is just nothing but a band of misfits and poor maintained aircraft. My son made it to XNA where a relative picked him up and delivered to SGF 2 hours away. Picked up bag next morning in SGF.

(Cayman Islands)

Cayman Islands to Las Vegas in December. Overall a good experience Flights on time and connection in Miami was quick. Service and food were both good. Individual entertainment at the seats will be a huge improvement over the clunky TV hanging from the cabin ceiling.

American Airlines customer review

AA1319 IND-LAX I'm an Executive Platinum with AA and they do treat me well. Flew out of IND on 12/26 on their fairly new non-stop to LAX in a Sky 737-800. Flight was packed. I was travelling with a small dog a Christmas gift for my in-laws. The crew was great and the FC Senior FA was especially pleasant. AA's FC seating is very comfortable for Domestic flights and the seat recline version is a favorite of mine. I had pre-selected my dinner choice on line it was provided hot and tasty. Was hoping for a sundae but freshly baked cookies were served. If they can transfer their outstanding level of customer to US Air they are going to have a mighty wonderful Domestic US carrier.

American Airlines customer review

ORD-LAS Return. My wife and I recently made this trip with some friends. The flight out to LAS was on an old livery S80. I was in seat 30D which meant the engines were right next to me and it was some extremely noisy 4 hours. The MD80 economy seat is not the most comfortable. ORD was under considerable snow that day and the de- icing truck broke down in front of our aircraft which delayed us going out. It was an extremely turbulent flight but the flight deck kept us in the loop the whole time. Flight back to ORD was on an old livery B738. Pushback was a few minutes ahead of schedule and overall a smooth flight until we got to ORD which was under snow again. This time we had a decent enough movie to watch and once again the flight deck was extremely interactive. Standard flight in terms of food and beverage. The FAs were smiling very welcoming warm and overall did a great job in taking care of the passengers.