American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

JFK (New York) to LAX (Los Angeles). We got at the airport went straight through security which was extremely easy then sat at the gate for a while. No delays. We were in seating group 2 which was extremely convenient. We got 2 seats next to each other. They let us use all electronic devices. The only in-flight entertainment was 12 radio stations and a couple of magazines but it was a great steady flight. The food was fine. They provided a breakfast sandwich with ham and cheese on a croissant. The staff were friendly and it was one of the best flying experiences I've had.

American Airlines customer review

Recently flew with American to and from Key West FL. It seems overly obvious that this 'old' airline is staffed with employees who are looking forward to retiring. Late flights unusual delays on the tarmac fake smiles and just the feeling of being on a cattle car. The days of friendly flight attendants is but a fond memory.

(Bolivia)

AA 922 from La Paz (LPB) via Santa Cruz (VVI) to Miami. This flight is constantly delayed or even cancelled. Most of the time due to technical problems which means that airline politics put cost control above performance and well above customer satisfaction. Always try to find a LAN flight before travelling with AA.

American Airlines customer review

Thursday evening they cancelled my son's flight to DFW (due to weather) I held on the phone for 1.5 hours and even though he was flying as an unaccompanied minor and they could see I was on another flight to a foreign country at the time they wanted me to pick him up and take him back to the airport later. My friends husband came to the airport to take my son so he could then take him to his new 2pm flight. I waited in line at the airport I was flying out from for a gate agent to fill out the paperwork pay the extra fee etc. but no one was even at work at the gate. I have to fill out paperwork for my son pay and still get to my own flight and through security. My son was put on a flight for that afternoon then makes it to Dallas. Today I come back to the country and when attempting to board my flight from MIA to DFW I am told I can't take my bag on that has already been on 4 American Flights since Friday. They called final boarding. She proceeded to tell me now I wouldn't be getting on that flight. The supervisor eventually put me on a standby flight for 6.50 am since I missed the 8.35 pm flight I was supposed to be on the night before. They told me I was welcome to sleep in the terminal. At this point I don't know if I'll get on the flight in the morning since I'm standby and they wouldn't assure me a seat.

(Italy)

Flew ORD-MIA last week onboard AA1252. First remark: I got a reward ticket using my AAdvantage points and I must say that contrary to what happens with many other carriers a free ticket with AA is really a free ticket as I paid only 2USD for taxes and that's something I really appreciate. Flying AA is a very basic experience though: plane was a B767-300 freshly re-painted but about 20 years old even if the seat comfort is okay for a 3hour flight. No entertainment just scattered small screens and no meal provided for free just drinks. Having to pay USD 25 for checking your bag is something I really do not understand but it is a general policy of US carriers. Crew professional and quite friendly and a very talkative captain. Left and arrived on time with no mechanical problems happened as in the 50% of the AA flights I had flown in the past (total-10) so no complaints at all this time and I will consider to fly with them again for domestic flights in the future.

American Airlines customer review

I am appalled by AA's ticket and baggage agents! Today my 76 year old Grandmother flew on an international flight from JFK to POS through MIA and from check-in to arrival was treated extremely poorly. This is a trip we have given her every year for the past 10+ years. But from check-in at JFK - the AA agents were rude and gave the impression as if we weren't worth the time. The trip began at 3am since her flight was scheduled to depart at 5.40am - I personally booked her round trip ticket and re-confirmed the requests for wheelchair service an aisle seat and extra legroom days in advance. None of these requests were listed on her reservation and when we asked the agent if she could try to accommodate in any way we were give very abrupt and snide no's. The wheelchair took 20 minutes to come. Baggage clerks - instead of checking her bags and placing them on the conveyor we were told that she had to carry them to the gate and place them on the conveyor herself as "they aren't paid to do so". Her transfer in MIA was exactly the same - no wheelchair assistance listed on the system and in order to make her connecting flight my Grandma had to walk a distance - from her arrival gate to the departure gate. Never again.

American Airlines customer review

Chicago - Toronto - Miami - Las Vegas - Chicago Every flight we took left on time. All flights were full except for the Vegas -Chicago flight which was mostly empty making for a great flight. The service was as expected and the planes were all in good condition some were in fact very new. The in flight magazine is particularly good on this airline. I was very concerned about selecting this airline as there are so many bad reviews about delays but honestly I can say we had a wonderful experience flying with them.

American Airlines customer review

ORD_DUS-FLR on AA/Air Berlin - 11/27 DUS-ORD on 12/8. Biz class full in both directions - I hope that continues as flying through DUS is a breeze compared to connecting at Heathrow. ORD-DUS 767-300 - the flight attendant was the only let-down: she was friendly but wasn't too attentive and talked with other passengers about how she didn't like flying long haul and was at her tolerance limit after a 7-hour flight. If you don't like long-haul then don't work it - ridiculous. Food was good - I pre-ordered it online and that worked well. Purser was very friendly. Arrived 45 min ahead of schedule and did the easy connection to Air Berlin Q-400 to Florence. Nice flight and on-time. DUS-ORD 767-300. Great flight attendant - friendly and attentive without being too in-your- face. Good food pre-ordered again online. Samsung Tablet is nice but again they don't put enough TV shows on it - you get one episode from the 1st season of a series. Overall I hope with the merger things keep getting better with FA attitudes. Good flights in general.

American Airlines customer review

Flew from Seattle on December 3rd. Arriving to Chicago we have found that our flight AA4250 to Hartford has been canceled. The AA representative has claimed that it is because of weather which was impossible to believe as practically all the flights to New England had been on time. We realized lately that they canceled it due to small amount of passengers. This is how American makes its money: they lure people with low price and convenient time and then cancel the flight when there is not enough passengers shifting the cost of the night stay transportation and the rest to the customers. Shameful practice. Ultimately unreliable.

(Brazil)

Traveled one-way moving back home from Miami to Rio. They use the same ancient Boeing 767-300 that I used to fly 20 years ago on this route. There is still no individual screens in economy. Dinner was acceptable and the flight attendant even offered a repeat entree-without my asking! Breakfast before landing was a small albeit a hot croissant with coffee and orange juice. Although we departed on-time the arrival in Rio was late by almost 30 minutes-with no explanation from the crew. All in all AA is not a bad airline: I just believe it has defined itself as a mediocre carrier. If it's cheap I'd fly it again.