American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

AA #2251 BOS/DFW on 9/8/2014 in first class. Flight left and landed on time. Seats comfortable though not the new lie flat. No seat AVOD. But the service the lunch were fine. Lots of refills for drinks updates from the flight deck. Connecting at DFW to Qantas to Sydney and transfer of luggage at DFW successful. A happy experience all in all.

American Airlines customer review

Flew this week Austin to Boston via DFW. Coach on the way up First on the return. Always impressed with the AUS- DFW flights even in coach they still serve the always full 124 pax a beverage on a 35 minute flight. MD-80 to DFW Main Cabin Extra as always comfortable and once again beverage service. B738 in Main Cabin Extra to Boston seats were fine the plane was clean the coach flight attendants on this route were somewhat disinterested. Only one beverage service and offer for food on a 4 hour flight. B757 with old interior on return. Didn't know any plans with these seats still existed. I did forget how large the seats are. Old seats but still comfortable. The two First Class flight attendants on this 4 hour leg were fantastic. Excellent service good red wine with dinner and a (4) course meal including a smoked salmon appetizer. Great food great service as always. Terminal C Admirals Club was a nice rest spot for our 90 minute lay over. MD-80 in First on the short 32 minute trip to Austin. Still a nice drink in their new glassware with Malano cookies out of the snack basket. AA still excels any other domestic carrier with regards to food offerings and beverage service especially in coach.

American Airlines customer review

Flew last month business class JFK-CDG. Flight delayed almost 4 hours announced 1 hour prior to departure. The attendant in the lounge told me we were lucky we had a plane. After boarding I was told the seat was not operational there was a barely visible sticker. But they did not know to what degree. The pilot had to look it up in his log. This took some 30 minutes. Verdict seat does not recline at all! They moved me to the back an arms reach from the coach bathroom. Each time someone went in and came out door slamming flash of light. There were 2 other much more desirable seats 4 AB it turned out those were for the staff. AA knows this are undesirable seats and it does not book them for their employees. The service on AA compared to other airlines is pitiful. With a few exceptions they treat you like they are doing you a favor. You never see a smile. The food most of the time is just plain bad. Due to the delay I almost missed my connection. After arriving to my final destination I found out that my luggage did not make it they found it 2 days later. Due to having to file paperwork for the missing luggage I missed my connection. AA is trying to blame it on the other airline.

American Airlines customer review

Miami - Los Angeles. Booked the tickets in advance so the cost of travelling first class for a near 6 hour trip was good value against the price charged for economy. Check in quick and we boarded on time with no delays. The crew were excellent attentive without being intrusive used our names when asking what we would like to drink and all made us all feel welcome on board. The food was very palatable. IFE was limited to drop down screens as the aircraft whilst scheduled to be one of the newer A321s in two class configuration was swapped out for an older 737 still wearing the old AA livery hence the 2 stars for IFE. Overall a very positive experience with AA on this flight.

American Airlines customer review

This is my first and last time to fly AA. Booked my vacation 6 months in advanced for Sunday to Sunday in the Dominican Republic. Arrived on Sunday morning to find out AA switched our flight to their sister company US Airways. Went to US airways to check in and they had no record of the switch. Went back to AA and after a search located our reservation. However this took so long that we missed our flight and they didn't have anything else going out on that day. They rebooked us for Monday morning and tried fixing it with $200 voucher (my non refundable room was $300 plus missing a day of vacation). On Monday morning (5.15 am flight) we showed up and checked in and got on the plane it is now 6.15 am and we are still sitting at the gate because an exterior light is out. You would thing they could have fixed it overnight. Anyway no matter how the rest of the flight goes they can't change my mind about the low scores on this review.

American Airlines customer review

Great flight from JFK back to LA. Great service that was friendly and professional. The new airbus was polished and the cabin smart. I actually got four hours sleep on the new flatbed. Pre drinks meal service and the cookie and milk prior to landing was super nice and very much felt like service on there international routes when AA is on point. I have had nightmare crew on international flights like many reviewers have mentioned but AA really has made a substantial effort to compete on the NYC/LA route. Will fly them again and maybe try there first class product.

American Airlines customer review

I was scheduled to leave on Thursday at 3:05 PM (august 28 2014). I was called by American and notified that my flight was delayed out of San Diego so my connections would be missed. American then rescheduled me for a flight the following day at 8:30pm (over 29 hours after the departure date I had scheduled). I then called American and got them to put me on the original flight that was delayed and move my connecting flights. My plan was to just sleep in Chicago and fly from Chicago to London and London to Nice the following day. After taking the original delayed flight I got a hotel in Chicago for 200$ because the flight out the next day was not until 5:05pm. 5 hour delay on the flight from Chicago to London - over 2 hours were on-board sitting at the gate. I missed the connection from London to Nice and they put me on another flight which was also delayed 1 hour. I finally arrived in Nice over 24 hours later than the ticket I purchased. On the way back to San Diego everything went smoothly except my luggage did not make one of my connections. I finally got them to deliver the bag 56 hours after I landed.

American Airlines customer review

Most frustrating travel experience traveled from DC to Honolulu trip planned paid for fewer stops and earlier arrival leaving DCA boarded plane on time then proceeded to sit on a boarded full plane for 1.5 hours because there was an overlooked routine mechanical issue preventing the plane from regulating the cabin temperature. Missed connection gave me a ticket including two stops and no talk of partial refund just a condescending align. Fast forward 1 week and again we're delayed by 2hrs in Honolulu. If you value your time do not fly American airlines.

American Airlines customer review

I don't fly with American Airlines much anymore but I flew them to Seattle for Thanksgiving so flights were busy. I was in the very last row (row 32) of an MD-80 - it was noisy back there. My aunt was carrying our babies car seat which had food inside it it dropped into the first class aisle and one of the FA's glared at us and said "you're dropping food!" I mean really and she didn't even offer to help carry it? Fortunately a courteous passenger came and helped. Flight Attendant in coach was a lot nicer she even gave us some food for free after she saw how stressed we were. Then the return flight was cancelled because they could not get the hangar door open so American Airlines gave us some Hotel Vouchers. After getting back to the airport American Airlines gave us seats in First Class to make up for the bad night we had free food with larger seats and more legroom was ok but it was just not enough. We were tired and wanted to get home after landing back in Charlotte we had to deal with riding a packed bus to get back to the Long Term parking lot. This was the most tiring trip I have ever had for a domestic flight.

American Airlines customer review

9/10 from West Palm Beach to SNA 2.35pm connection in Chicago missed the 5.10 connection. Flight was delayed and missed connection - reason "it happens traffic". When I miss my flight because of traffic American charges passengers we should have vouchers for every time an Airlines misses timelines.