American Airlines

American Airlines customer review

This is the first time in about 15 years that I have flown AA. Never again! This airline doesn't care about customer service. Our flight out of DFW was delayed 4.5 hrs. Never was there an announcement. The gate changed 5 times. The flight being delayed was never addressed. DFW airport at AA is absolutely awful. While sitting for 5 hours and speaking to other passengers we found out the majority of flights were delayed for some reason or other. There were few if any gate representatives around. Nothing was explained to anyone.

American Airlines customer review

Round-trip Toronto to Dallas Sep 29 - 30. New A319 on both segments - aircraft clean and shiny. Paid for premium seat and well worth the $80 for the round trip. Lots of leg room exit row on return segment. AVOD and AC power available to all seats. Perhaps it's the new hardware making everyone happier - cabin crew was polite and friendly on both legs in contrast to several other AA flights in recent years.

American Airlines customer review

Traveled with AA MIA to SFO and return. Oct 1st and 5th. 738 on the first leg. 5.5 hr min flight one beverage service offered. Return flight 757 and 2 beverage services offered. Pay extra for better cabin seats pay to check a bag and hardly a smile. Really felt like cattle and not a pleasant experience. Waited for one hour to receive bags on the return arrival in Miami. It is truly a shame to see the deterioration of service in the industry and the total lack of customer care.

American Airlines customer review

Over crowded flight. They actually overbooked. Had 2 hour delay and another hour delay on the connecting flight. Had to literally run to the connecting gate due to such a late arrival the gates were very far apart. Plane was filthy. I don't think they clean them ever. Seats are small and uncomfortable. Can't even fully open the tray tables. I'm not a large person and I was unable to do it so I'm sure large people can't use them at all. However they do have tablets built into the seats but you can't do much on them unless you pay a high fee. Will not fly with American Airline again.

American Airlines customer review

Original flight was from LGA to DFW. After flying in circles in the air for half an hour we finally re-routed to land in Little Rock Arkansas. We sat on the runway in the plane for at least two hours with no offerings of good or water even after the 4 hour flight. I understand completely this is weather related and only looking out for our safety however this was not handled well at all. When asking the stewardess for water- it's like it was a huge inconvenience. We finally deboard the plane in Arkansas and were told to wait around to see if the flight is officially cancelled - an hour later it was. Hotel rooms were not offered to be paid for not even a meal or anything at all. Everyone paid out of pocket and waited to de board the next morning. Back at the airport at 6am and we were told to use our old boarding passes and go directly to security- they refused us and made is wait back in the long American Airlines line to get a new boarding pass. My final destination was Austin which was also cancelled. They put me on a flight to Houston in first class which was unexpected. However I decided to just rent a car and drive to Austin from Dallas but I was told that there was no possible way to get my bag because it was listed as priority to Houston. Well our flight from Arkansas to Dallas was delayed an hour then the flight from Dallas to Houston was delayed another hour. First class wasn't anything special honestly more leg room and drinks served in glass instead of plastic. Finally arrive in Houston waiting at baggage claim and guess what - my bag isn't there. I was told it was on the next flight coming in from Dallas which infuriated me after I wanted to originally take my bag in Dallas as it was. Waited around the airport for another hour or so and finally get my bag with a big orange sticker on it saying "priority". Yeah right. Never will fly American again.

American Airlines customer review

JFK-LAX First class. Good but not overwhelming as it should be. Seat on A321 is good but has some problems very hard to get out or in while even partly reclined. Food was mediocre in quality although presented nicely. Flight crew was wonderful but honestly the whole experience is either over priced or under done. Jet Blue Mint on my outbound was much better.
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

My Wife and I flew 28th Sept Vancouver to DFW to Orlando Business/First. Breakfast omelette cold sent back asked for a second warm scone instead! We were not the only pax to send the cold omelettes back. Admiral Club in DFW refused us entry. Never refused entry into Airline lounges before showing First/Business class tickets? My Priority Pas came to the rescue allowing me entry into a different lounge at DFW. The staff seemed very disinterested in what was going on and this includes a non existent cabin check prior to landing at Orlando. Will never waste my Dollars on First/Business on American domestic flights in the future. Nearly forgot - had to pay for wi-fi!
Seat TypeFirst Class

American Airlines customer review

Travelled for work to Santa Fe from Washington Dulles via Dallas Fort Worth. All the planes were on time and clean. No entertainment offered in MD80 old planes they should retire them. Everything on sale including headphones for $5 and you can take home after use. My company paid $1100 for this economy class ticket which is probably worth $300. Staff was all very friendly and offered whatever they can so acceptable behaviour there.

American Airlines customer review

Last night I flew from O'Hare to Dublin Ireland with American Airlines. I am a seasoned transatlantic traveler and have flown all airlines from North American to either Shannon or Dublin Ireland. On boarding the 767-200 aircraft I was astonished that there was no AVOD on the place only the large overhead screens which went out 15 years ago. Everybody sitting around me was annoyed as we all had to watch the same movies for the 7.5 hour flight. It is probably going to be the same on the 8.5 return flight - never again American Airlines.

American Airlines customer review

AA104 JFK-LHR 20 Sept - Long queues at "Priority" Check-in at Kennedy thirty minute wait as agents struggled to help passengers from strike-bound Air France. TSA security a shambles (not the airlines fault). Admiral's Club a little crowded but a haven. Greeted by smilingly efficient desk staff. Bartender knew the drill two stiff Grey Goose and Tonics swiftly dispensed (but cheap and nasty plastic glasses?) Boarding was smooth and quick cabin crew a tad overwhelmed trying to stow overhead bins on this full to bursting flight. Main Cabin Extra (19D) seat would be well worth the small surcharge but complimentary to Ruby and above frequent flyers anyway. Great IFE OK food dished out promptly after take-off. Croissant juice and coffee before early Heathrow arrival. Bags already delivered by the time I got to the belt. From being the third world poor relation of the Oneworld Alliance American seem to be vastly improved; new aircraft and good service at an excellent price. My next transatlantic trip with them (to Chicago in November) is on a 767 with a retro 25 year old cabin fit though - watch this space.