American Airlines

"I am extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | I am extremely disappointed by American Airlines. They are normally my airline of choice and I have put many of miles into them. That will no longer be the case. I had a connecting flight canceled due to “weather” even though there was a flight going out an hour later? Since it was due to weather we were offered no accommodations. When asked about this they said it was the pilots choice to delay or cancel ... since a flight went out an hour later I’d say that wasn’t due to weather but to crew.... ok but it gets better. We were put on standby on that late flight when we showed up somehow I was five on the list and my husband was 32? So I got called yet was told nothing could be done to get my husband on as well .. even though after I was called a group of four was called together then two more singles. When I asked the customer service desk about this I was told it was the computer. So I asked how the group of four managed to get out on the list together and they said luck of pushing the enter button .. what a joke... then was told since I also had booked an economy ticket it pretty much didn’t look good for me anyway from the beginning so that’s great to know that’s how this airline feels. Such a shame too because they have some great people we have encountered who work as attendant for this airline that this has now given them such a bad name in my book. Long story short I thought this was a great airline and now I have been completely proven wrong and they could care less.
RouteOrlando to Dallas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"just leave a passenger stranded"

Not Verified | Our flight from Quito to Miami on Friday October 4, 2019 (LATAM Airlines flight 6303) was cancelled by American with no reason given. We were offered a flight out on the following Sunday. Both my traveling partner and I had to work on Saturday. The website did not respond nor did anyone answer the 800 # given. We had no choice but to get to the airport in hopes of talking with a real person. We stood in line for LATAM airlines and managed to get a flight on Avianca from Quito to San Salvador to Cancun on American to Philadelphia, landing in Philadelphia about 4 hours later than our originally scheduled arrival. Why we were not offered that with the flight cancellation? How can an airline just leave a passenger stranded like that?
Aircraft?
RouteCancun to Philadelphia
Date FlownOctober 2019

"no way to recline the seats"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Bogota via San Francisco. None of the second row seats in the business cabin reclined. There was a partition right behind the second row so there was no way to recline the seats. AA should inform customers ahead of time if a whole row of seats do not recline. This ticket, business class on an international flight of almost 6 hours, was significantly more expensive. You are paying a bunch of money and you can't even stretch your legs.
RouteDallas to Bogota via San Francisco

"Terribly dissatisfied "

Not Verified | Pittsburgh to Phoenix. Terribly dissatisfied about the manner in which they regard services for the handicapped. We indicated when we purchased out tickets to a funeral we were attending that we would need a wheelchair for my wife. Upon arrival to our destination back home to Phoenix there were no attendants with a wheelchair for not just my wife, but for other handicapped passengers. My wife hobbled the best she could as she held onto the sides of the ramp leading from the plane to the gate. I had both of our carry on suitcases to manage with as well as my backpack and my wife's purse. When we got to the gate to inquire about the wheelchair, the attendants at the gate said they did not know why no one showed up with wheelchairs and had been calling down to the area where the AA wheelchairs are stationed to no avail. Some attendant who was walking around upset and furious scanned my wife's boarding pass and the other handicapped passengers, asking us to be patient and someone would be arriving shortly. Well, after we all complained again, 15 minutes later 2 people showed up but we all could tell they were not sure what they were supposed to do or where they were supposed to go (almost like they were new hires and that was their first day). We had no checked luggage so all we needed to do was to be taken straight to the parking garage to the valet area. My wife, who suffers from (peripheral artery disease) was in great discomfort from the whole ordeal and was in tears. I felt helpless, no one knew why the wheelchairs were not showing up, total mismanagement and disregard for handicapped travelers.
RoutePittsburgh to Phoenix
Date FlownOctober 2019

"never fly with you guys again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Miami. By far one of the worse Airlines in the US. The Customer service reps are rude and give you constant attitude. I have the AAdvantage credit card and part of the perks is that my first check in bag as well as the person flying with me in the same flight is free. I booked two tickets from Los Angeles to Miami for me and my cousin. Used miles for one and paid the other one only to find out that my cousin has to pay for his bag because they put him on a different record locator because I am using miles for my flight. Called Customer service and the agent was rude and with attitude not willing to help or do anything to fix this repeating again that you are on two different record locators (we know by now) asked to speak to her manager, even worse!!! Will cancel my credit card with American and never fly with you guys again.
RouteLos Angeles to Miami

"kind and courteous"

Trip Verified | Charlotte to Providence. Missed our flight by 10 minutes due to car trouble. The airline worked with me to schedule us on the next available flight at no extra charge. They were kind and courteous which I greatly appreciated.
RouteCharlotte to Providence
Date FlownOctober 2019

"will never fly American again"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Seattle. I will never fly American again. My husband and I bought our tickets together do you think we are sitting together definitely not because that would only be smart. Several other couples had this same problem and when we voiced this problem they said the only way to sit together was to spend more money. I've flown both delta and Alaska multiple times and never had this problem. This is the second time I have flown American and I have had this problem both times. Also there seats are uncomfortable and no in-flight entertainment. Thanks for being as basic as possible American airline
RoutePhiladelphia to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"very inept and unorganized"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Dallas. Terrible, 4 times they changed my flight time, and twice they changed it back to the original time. They are very inept and unorganized. Please, pick a different airline.
RouteAtlanta to Dallas
Date FlownOctober 2019

"had the worst experience"

Not Verified | Denver to Chicago. I have had the worst experience with American Airlines. My partner and I had flights booked for thanksgiving travel. My partner has recently been relocated for his job and this requires us to move across the country. Therefore we are unable to Travel at thanksgiving. We have had to cancel two other flights so far. Spirit and united have both made exceptions and allowed for us to cancel our flights with a no cancellation fee. This was very generous on their part and we appreciate our experiences with them. American Airlines has refused to help us out in any way. The will not refund or even give flight credit. I found every representative to be very rude and not accommodating. I’m very disappointed with our experience and I do not intend to fly with their airline ever again. As someone who works in customer service, I am aware you are able to pull strings and make exceptions. I do it for our customer everyday, as we value their loyalty to our company. I hope American Airlines can provide better service to other customers in the future.
RouteDenver to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never fly out on time"

Trip Verified | Springfield to Dallas Ft. Worth via Las Vegas with American Airlines. I would stay away from this airline unless you enjoy sitting around waiting for explanations on why your 1am flight has been delayed 3 hours until 4 am. If you have a connection flight I would find a different airline unless you want to miss that connection. Constantly overbooked, and never fly out on time. Terrible airline. Pretty easy to tell the company does not care about its employees or customers.
RouteSpringfield to Dallas Ft. Worth via Las Vegas