American Airlines

"American Airline make me feel worthless"

Trip Verified | American Airlines left my bag in Miami. My final destination is St. Vincent and the Grenadines and when I arrived 14:38 July 2,2022 they emailed at 15:00 that my bag was delayed and would reach on a later flight. At SVD they only have flights leaving the Wednesday and Saturday meaning I will have NO clothes to wear for 4 days. I called American Airline and Miami International Airport and no one has helped me. They just transfer me from one department to another yelling and telling me I’m at the wrong place. It is frustrating, I booked this trip to help with my depression from Covid and American Airline make me feel worthless. I’ve been calling since I landed and no understands the seriousness of not having clothes for 4 days. It’s not guaranteed either because no one can even locate my checked bag. I even confirmed at the boarding desk if my bag was loaded onto the aircraft and they lied and told me yes. I would have traveled since July 1,2022. I am dirty, no toiletries, nothing just here in a foreign country with no checked bag.
RouteHouston to St Vincent via Miami
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Absolutely the worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Absolutely the worst airline ever. Flight times are constantly changed. Booked flight with one hr layover. AA changed flight, creating 5 hr layover. When I called to change to another available flight with shorter layover, they tried to charge me more money! Flight was delayed twice, creating a 6 hr layover. Then, when boarding plane, agent pulled my family aside and forced us to check in our carry on luggage, while others were waived by with theirs (our bags were NOT over stuffed at all!). When we got to our seats, overhead bins were EMPTY and stayed that way until attendant closed for departure! So now, not only was our flight delayed, but we gave to wait for baggage claim to get our carry on bags. As long as government keeps bailing these guys out, nothing will change! Will never fly American again!
RouteMiami to San Diego
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Don’t make our same mistake, it is just not worth it"

Trip Verified | This flight crew were extremely rude and disgusting, rarely smiled and made ignorant remarks. The airline should be ashamed of themselves, and reconsidering their hiring qualifications because having patient and understanding staff is crucial when it comes to being 35,000 in the air. Flying can already bring enough anxiety, and it’s too expensive to be dealing with ill-mannered staff who provoke even more anxiety, there are too many other airlines to use this, never again. Don’t make our same mistake, it is just not worth it. I fly multiple times a year, it’s always the same with American and I’ve finally had enough to write a review, hopefully it can help someone.
RouteCharlotte to Nassau
Date FlownJuly 2022

"Definitely my worst travel experience"

Not Verified | Haven’t actually taken flight yet. Flight was delayed by 3 days. They tried to reschedule flight to London with an 8 hour layover from 12am to 8am 3 days after original flight date, then after lots of work, we got a direct flight to Chicago 3 days after as well. Their service is awful. They are extremely unhelpful with information. We didn’t even get real seats on the plane. They told us we need to figure it out when we check in. They shouldn’t be overbooking flights or canceling flights without any notice. We had to wake up early to come today and we only found out our flight was canceled upon arrival. The last plane was extremely uncomfortable. There was even less leg room than I remember. I couldn’t even reach my bag under the seat in front of me because I couldn’t bend down. I am quite thin (size 2 and like 110 pounds) and I felt cramped. Image the average sized American trying to fly economy somewhat comfortably. The sets in front of me was also in my lap basically so I couldn’t even use my computer with the tray due to that. The food was awful. Some of it was still frozen and the “hot” food was Luke warm at best. Definitely my worst travel experience with this airline and I wouldn’t recommend it. Poor management and organization, little comfort in economy class, and an overall stressful experience.
RouteRome to Chicago
Date FlownJuly 2022

"They treat people like garbage"

Trip Verified | A never ending nightmare! My flight from Dallas to London was cancelled for technical reasons 10 minutes before boarding. I obviously lost my connection to Berlin. It was 11pm, hundreds of people in the line to get rebooked on another flight, only 4 people from the staff were working. After hours of frustration and waiting in the line, American Airlines announced they will close the counter. At 1.30am they left all the remaining passengers at the airport without providing for an Hotel voucher, food or the possibility to get re-booked. They said they would open again at 6am. At 5.30am the line is already huge, at 6.30am still none is there to work. Finally a girl calls the assistance asking where the hell they are and they send one person to work. At 8am I finally get re-booked on a flight to Frankfurt. Of course I have to pay another 100 euros of train to Berlin from my own pocket. Cherry on top, they lose my luggage. At the gate the lady tells me that my luggage went on a different flight and she starts lying and saying that it's because it will get faster to Frankfurt than me. 5 days have passed and still there are no signs of my luggage, which I probably won't see anymore. I got home after almost 3 days of no sleep and extreme physical and mental distress. I've traveled a lot and this is by far the worst experience I've ever had. They treat people like garbage and don't take any responsibility for the awful experience they're putting you through. it's absolutely unacceptable and I sincerely hope they shut down and burn. I will never flight again with this company ever again, even if they paid me a million dollars.
RouteDallas to Berlin via London
Date FlownJune 2022

"I will never fly American Airlines again"

Trip Verified | My flight was canceled from Charlotte to Tampa. I was notified while in Costa Rica so I notified the American Airlines check in person in Costa Rica, she advised me that there would be no problem and have a room for me when I got to charlotte. I got to Charlotte notified the representative and she looked it up and stated that they could not give me a room and that it was not their fault. Then I went to the supervisor. She stated they ran out of vouchers and I was on my own, that I would need to find my own room after they canceled my flight. I was upset and did not want to spend 200.00 on a room. Then out of the blue received a text that I had a room ready. American Airlines representatives need training on how to treat customers. Then when I went to check in my baggage the next day, i let them know my flight the next day and advised I did not want to pay for another baggage fee the representative was rude and wanted to see my receipt. I will never fly American Airlines again.
RouteCharlotte to Tampa
Date FlownJune 2022

"hectic, disorganized travel experience"

Trip Verified | I have never been through such a hectic, disorganized travel experience! The delays and cancellations at the last minute. Miscommunication and maintenance issues. The worst experience ever. I finally had to get a flight an hour away from home or my “new” flight, would’ve been the next afternoon. Then that flight was delayed too!!!!! I wouldn’t believe this mess myself if I wasn’t living it.
RouteCharlotte to Rochester

"such horrid communication"

Trip Verified | This is customer relations baggage and flight cancellation complaints in one. Never have I have seen such horrid communication and customer service in regards to a 2.5 hour delayed flight, then diverted, then ensuing madness of wanting and ability to get bags. Flight got into Orlando, was supposed to be Tampa, at 8:05. Sat and waited with little to no communication and when there was it was incorrect aggressive and defensive. Left hundreds stranded at Orlando international with no information other than the flight rescheduled for tomorrow. No info on baggage claim other than wait in hundred person line and ask for bag. Your airline has shown ineptitude in scheduling (no cockpit crew originally in Miami and foresight to know crew would bust time in Orlando while we waited) communication, and overall care of people. I hope people stop flying so you can then lose the money you should be spending to your employees to fully staff and adequately compensate so they're not overworked and undertrained
RouteSan Juan to Tampa via Miami
Date FlownJune 2022

"sincere caring help would have been nice"

Not Verified | We were treated well on the flight, it the flight was late taking off from St. Thomas. We were told our connection flight would wait for us, and we land next to the gate we needed to get to for coir connecting flight. Doesn’t seem like those employees were well informed. When we landed, we found out our connecting flight was at a gate quite a ways away, we were given no help in getting there, so we ran and got there a couple minutes late, and it turned out that connecting left early. No one offered any help, so we had to walk to a “Rebooking Center” and wait in a line for 2 hours. Still waiting with little progress. We have missed our next connecting flight Phoenix to PDX, so we’re stranded. Not a happy trip. I know American has many problems right now, but a little sincere caring help would have been nice. We are both senior citizens.
RouteSt. Thomas to Portland via Miami / Phoenix
Date FlownJune 2022

"My luggage was left in Miami"

Trip Verified | American Airlines should be shut down. My luggage was left in Miami, I traveled in a wheelchair due to my current disability. I desperately need my luggage. There is no way to contact them on the phone, (can’t even get on the call back cue). No responses from emails.
RoutePort of Spain to New York via Miami