American Airlines

"people at the desk were rude"

Trip Verified | St. Louis to Dallas via Tampa. They never let me know my flight changed. The people at the desk were rude and unhelpful. Now i will miss a very important business meeting because I can't get a flight until the morning. I will never catch an American Airlines flight again.
RouteSt. Louis to Dallas via Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2019

"American is my choice of airline"

Trip Verified | Left Cleveland for Dallas on time, when we arrived to Dallas flight was delayed 2 hours then delayed another 3 hours. American Airlines were really great about trying to make customers happy. They offered rooms for customers who didn’t want to wait and had food and drinks at the gate complimentary. I have flown for years and American is my choice of airline. These things happen and we all know the risk when traveling.
RouteCleveland to Ft Walton Beach
Date FlownMarch 2019

"frustrating and unfair system"

Trip Verified | Oklahoma City to Tampa. It is very frustrating that the majority of flyers take on 2 and even 3 carry on items. Most of them are large and need to be checked. We check our bags everytime we fly and are charged 25 bucks per bag. But, the people that don't check their bags and are forced to check them at the plane don't get charged a dime. There was a girl on our flight 3 days ago that carried on a duffle bag that was bigger than her. It didn't fit in the overhead compartment and it didn't fit under her seat. She had her feet on top of it the entire flight and no one said anything to her. All of this "not checking bags" also holds up the entire plane and with short connection times we have made very close calls of almost missing our connecting flights. This is a very frustrating and unfair system that needs to be taken care of immediately.
RouteOklahoma City to Tampa

"far from the best"

Trip Verified | I flew with American Airlines from Manchester, UK to Philadelphia. I didn’t find the flight crew rude, however my mom sitting next to me said the man serving food was grumpy. While I didn’t find him especially friendly I didn’t think he was rude. The food was below average. The inflight entertainment didn’t have the biggest selection of films although I did find something to watch. This isn’t the worst airline experience I’ve had but far from the best.
RouteManchester to Philadelphia

"Absolutely horrible airline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely horrible airline. Flew from Cleveland to philly to Punta Cana, got a 5 hour delay to Punta Cana ended up getting to our resort at 8 at night. On way home we landed at 9 o clock they held us on plane till 10 and missed our flight home which was at 10:15 and wouldn’t even accommodate us to a hotel room for the night told us it wasn’t there fault we got held on the plane for an extra hour after landing had to spend an extra 130$ for a hotel room.
RouteCharlotte to Cleveland

"a flawless flight"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Sao Paulo and back in business class was a flawless flight. AA's lounges on both ends have been renovated, while they won't win design awards, they are spacious and comfortable. At JFK, there is actually real champagne (let's hope that won't be cost reduced); at GRU, it's a Brazilian sparkler, surprisingly drinkable. Hot food at both ends looked dubious, the cold stuff was upscale deli quality but varied and tasty enough to make for a pleasant light supper. Boarding both times was smooth, the flight attendants were personable and caring, AA's much reviewed C seat is really spacious and confortable. I slept soundly, both ways practically from wheels up to final descent. Flights arrived a little early both times. What more can you ask for?
RouteSao Paulo to New York

"Absolute worst airline"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Charlotte. Absolute worst airline. Had to take emergency military leave to attend my grandfathers funeral. Was told by employee on the phone to buy a later in day ticket to save money and was assured multiple times that my ticket was available to be put on stand by for earlier flights. Arrived at TPA, only to be told by multiple employees that it wasnt eligible to be placed on stand by. So yes I know this is partly on myself for being ignorant enough to buy a later ticket. However, due to the dishonesty on the part of the sales representative and refusal to listen by the airport employees I missed my own grandfathers funeral. Really appreciate that AA. If I could give you a negative 10, I would.
RouteTampa to Charlotte
Date FlownMarch 2019

"not be using them again"

Not Verified | I had a flight leaving out of Washington DC to go to Arizona (layover) then to California. My flight leaving from DC was at 7:01, we board the plane and then after an hour of sitting, the plane tells us to get off due to technical issues. I believe it was either smoking and there was an issue with the hydraulic system. So our flight departure time got pushed back to 9, then to 10, then. 12. And at 12 they said they would let us know if we could board the plane. 12 o’clock came, they said no, then pushed departure back to 2. Once two o’clock came, we no longer had a pilot or a flight crew. So we now have to wait for a flight crew. Pushed out time back to 3:30 then to 3:55. FINALLY we board and take off to Pheonix, AZ. I had to reschedule my layover flight now to arrive in California at 10pm, when originally I should’ve been to California by 12pm. My layover flight at AZ departure time is 8:37pm. We board the plane, and then get a text message (with their updates) that the flight gate has changed. They make an announcement after finish letting us board to say the plane is out of service we will be going to another plane. Now push back time is 9:00pm. I have been dealing with American Airlines literally all day, and I have never experienced anything like this before in my life. I will not be using them again. Did you not know the plane was going to be out of service.
RouteWashington to Ontario

"I am so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Raleigh Durham to Dallas Ft Worth. Terrible. It was round-trip both flights was delayed and don’t have space for cabin bag. Seriously this not acceptable everyone have their own time they shouldn’t ruin it. I am so disappointed.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Dallas Ft Worth

"Absolute worst airline"

Not Verified | Absolute worst airline I’ve ever flown with. I currently travel around twice per month with Delta for work, but had to take American Airlines for my honeymoon. Everyone from the baggage check worker to the gate workers were extremely rude. They overbooked my flight and told me that I had to check my carry-on due to size, even though I currently travel with this bag every other week without every encountering any issues. When I got on the plane, I witnessed them tell the lady in front of me that she was upgraded to first class, only to tell her she had to go back to her original seat when she got up to the front with her bag! This is a joke of an airline and I will never be flying with them again.
RouteOrlando to Miami