Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

Fort Myers FL on Dec 26 flight was delayed going to Knoxville TN and I returned home at 1.30 this morning. This is by far the worst airline I have used. In the past 3 years we have traveled Allegiant over 30 times and each trip it has become a joke. They are never time staffed or polite. I am currently waiting on a flight I received an email this morning telling me that the 2.30pm flight was being delayed until 11.30pm. I have since tried to check for updates online and by calling the customer service line. After waiting an hour and twenty minutes to speak to the customer service rep she told me that the flight should still be leaving at 11.30pm.

Allegiant Air customer review

My family flew round trip from Rockford IL to Punta Gorda FL over the 2013 holidays. Our trip to Punta Gorda went very well. I am blind and one of the flight attendants came up to me as soon as I got seated with my family and offered me a personal safety briefing which I gladly accepted. The seats on the airplane (a Boeing MD80) weren't that comfortable and did not recline and there was no hot coffee available for purchase. The crew were professional and we got from point A to point B safely. On our return trip we were diverted at the last minute to Moline (2 hours away by car) because of freezing rain in Rockford. According to what passengers were told later we were unable to land in Rockford because there was a plane stopped on the runway and there was not sufficient room for us to land safely. On our arrival at the diversion airport the flight attendant working the forward cabin went through the usual post-flight announcements even going so far as to tell passengers not to smoke until they were outside the terminal to claim our luggage at the baggage claim area and how to book future travel on Allegiant. Upon our arrival at the gate we were informed—that in addition to the weather in Rockford our plane had a mechanical problem. Passengers were sent into the airport and told that further information would be provided to them when it became available. The flight attendant showed no sympathy. The Allegiant representative at Moline was wonderful. There was little information available about when—or even if—the plane would be repaired and sent back to Rockford. As we were leaving the airport the gate agent announced that the plane had been fixed and that anyone wishing to go to Rockford should go back to the boarding area. The real issue for me was the lack of professionalism from the crew on our return flight. I might have been willing to overlook the diversion and mechanical problems if the crew had been sympathetic calm and professional. But everything on the return flight added up to a never-again” experience.

Allegiant Air customer review

Awful experience and will never travel again. Was supposed to leave Cedar rapids on Jan 1 at 8.50 am and was notified at midnight that it was cancelled. They said that I would receive a message by 3pm Pacific time for the rescheduled flight but did not receive any news. Finally found out my flight would leave at 7pm on Jan 2 (36 hrs after the original departure time) only to find out it was delayed again. I was then told I could switch my departure city to Des Moines IA so when I called to do that they cancelled that flight as well when I was on the phone with the agent. Never experienced such awful customer service.
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

On Dec 29th our flight from Mesa to Missoula was canceled at 6am one hour prior to our departure with no reason given. We were assured that airline representatives would be available to help us get rebooked. They did not appear for two hours and we ended up standing in line for three hours to get our hotel vouchers. No one seemed to know what was going on. This was my first flight with Allegiant Airline and I was greatly disappointed.

Allegiant Air customer review

On a flight from Grand Forks North Dakota to Sanford Florida this past December 2013 my flight was canceled. We sat on the tarmac for an hour while they figured out what was wrong and another 30 minutes locating the part and trying it again. Finally they determine they could not fix it. Well the next day they had it fixed. However they determined the plane was too cold for the passengers so we had to wait for them to warm it up. Once they warmed it up they determine the water was frozen in lavatories. So the only guy working had to get several pitchers of hot water to try to unfreeze the sinks but to no avail. Finally he said to use the hand wipes so we boarded and finally took off. I had bought the trip-flex and used it to change/extend my return flight since I was delayed a day. However you can't change it online you have to call in. Well it seems that this cheap airline is cheap in labor and maintenance.

Allegiant Air customer review

Recently returned from a trip down to Florida originating from Niagara Falls NY over the holidays. Our flight was scheduled to depart from Niagara Falls IAG airport at 11.57 am on Dec 23 2013. Arrived early only to find out that our flight had been delayed an hour. We purchased food at the airport cafe while we waited. Around 12.30 pm we were told that the plane was being re-routed to Ohio due to poor visibility and our flight would be further delayed. We had to wait a further 2 hours before boarding at 5.30 pm due to outstanding paperwork on the plane. We did not receive timely or detailed updates during this 5.5 hour delay. Not knowing when our flight was going to depart passengers including ourselves were forced to purchase food and beverages multiple times from the airport cafe and vending machines. When we finally did take off at 6.15 pm (6 hours later than our scheduled departure) we were offered complimentary snacks and beverages on the flight. I had hoped that our return trip would be redeeming for Allegiant however I was once again disappointed. Our return flight from Punta Gorda (PGD) to Niagara Falls (IAG) on Dec 28 was scheduled for 3.30 pm. Arrived at the airport at 1.30 pm only to be notified by the check-in counter that our flight had been cancelled. Told our flight would be rescheduled but it could be anytime the next day. We did not receive any notification until 12.55 am. Our flight had been rescheduled to 1.44 pm on Dec 29 so once again we repurchased food for the flight and drove another hour from Naples to Punta Gorda. Prior to boarding (at 1.25 pm) we were told by the representative that since the chartered plane had a different seating plan than the regular Allegiant planes passengers can seat themselves anywhere regardless of whether they paid extra and pre-ordered seats or not. In addition upon going to the restroom on the plane I was shocked to find that there was no running water in the washroom and we could not wash our hands.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight cancelled on December 31st with no reason given and no notification sent. Jan 1st rescheduled flight delayed 3 hours no reason given. Daughter has used the airline 2x now due to convenience (St Pete to Bangor) but is tired of the rude attendants (every flight she's been on and delays (every flight she's ever been on).
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

We were scheduled to depart at 9am on 20th Dec 2013 and were told the flight was delayed because of weather and runway was closed. Agreed it was snowing! However after a 6 hour delay during which the runway was open and Alaska Air was taking off and landing the Allegiant rep advised our flight was delayed until the next day at 8pm. On the return flight scheduled for Christmas day Dec 25th at 12.26 pm getting us home for Christmas dinner was cancelled due to "operational requirements" and wouldn't leave until 8.23 pm the 26th Dec. Airline employee told us they cancelled the flight because there weren't enough passengers! This was the only honest employee we spoke with.

Allegiant Air customer review

I flew round trip from Vegas on 23rd and 27th December. Between the two flights I had 15.5 hours of delay. Each time I was notified in advance but both occasions they didn't have a plane and had to fly one in from somewhere else. Allegiant is based in Las Vegas I don't understand why they didn't have back-up planes readily available. The flight that finally took place on the 23rd was on the oldest plane I have ever flown on. It smelt old and musty. The flight on 27th was supposed to take off at 3pm and didn't actually get off the ground until 2.15am. Instead of getting home at 4.30pm I got home at 4.15am. Spending so much time in the airport on those two days I was able to witness their operation. They didn't not get a single flight out at a reasonable time either day I was there. Next time I'll pay the extra few dollars to fly on another airline and get where I want to go. The only good part was my bag was not lost.

Allegiant Air customer review

This is the second trip on Allegiant and the last one we take. The web site is confusing phone customer service is non-existent. We booked travel Phoenix to Grand Island and were told we could bring 1 handbag (like a backpack) on the trip. On the way back to Phoenix we had to pay $50 each for the same backpacks! We could have taken another flight to Omaha which is what we'd do in the future.