Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

I will never fly Allegiant again. We were told that we had to arrive 2 hours before departure at the gate this morning at Oakland Airport. We were there on time at 7.30am for a flight to Provo Utah. A half an hour before departure they tell us they forgot to notify the 1st Officer that he was flying so we waited 1.5 hours for him to arrive. Once he got there we were notified the plane had been grounded and we had to wait for another to come from Las Vegas. Flight finally took off 6 hours late. The pilot was very apologetic and said we could have a free drink on the plane but when I asked for a bottle of water they said I could only have a cup! My husband missed his 40th reunion tonight because of their incompetence.

Allegiant Air customer review

When flying from Tri-Cities Tenn to Florida they are the only direct-flight game in town. We have used them for several years with minimal delays. They were particularly good at responding to the loss of several aircraft a few days ago. If money were no object I suppose we all would be using a chartered Lear but for most of us money is a factor and Allegiant provides reasonable service at an unbelievably low price.

Allegiant Air customer review

We travel frequently from Clearwater to Knoxville. We have been delayed at least once on each of the last 4 trips. If someone else would take over flying to Knoxville we'd switch.

Allegiant Air customer review

When Allegiant Air began flying from Allentown PA to destinations in Florida they were wonderful to fly with. Their staff was courteous and their flights were very reasonably priced. I told everyone I knew how wonderful my experiences were with them. How things have changed! They are now one of the rudest group of people I've ever encountered in a service based industry. During my past few trips from Allentown to Clearwater I've had one bad experience after another. Instead of trying to help they've continually stated "We are now an a la carte airline". I'm sure that they don't care but they have lost another customer.

Allegiant Air customer review

For the money that we paid it was an excellent flight. I flew from Las Vegas to Kalispell MT - Yes they charge you for any added things such as carryon luggage seat assignments onboard drinks etc but if you are interested in a low fare and getting from point A to point B - I don't think they can be beaten. Our flights were on time the crews were cordial and the check in experience was comparable with other major airlines. Allegiant is a discount airline so you cannot compare their services with a Delta or America. They provide basic transportation at a very reasonable price. The downside to them is that unlike the major airlines they do not have a large number of extra airplanes sitting around so should you encounter a mechanical problem the plane will have to be fixed before you can fly they cant fly in an extra aircraft. I think for the money paid they provide an excellent value in airline travel - you simply must realize what they do and that is basic air transportation.

Allegiant Air customer review

My wife and I were flying from Stockton CA to Las Vegas on June 30 after attending a wedding. The flight we were supposed to catch was finally cancelled after keeping everyone waiting for the entire day. We were supposed to leave at 2.20pm but the rescheduled flight didn't leave until 7.45 the next evening on July 1. No less than 3 other scheduled flight left for Vegas before I would have been allowed to board a plane. I refused to be at their mercy and caught a flight from Oakland that put me in Vegas around 7.00am the next morning 13 hours before the Allegiant flight finally left CA.

Allegiant Air customer review

A couple of weeks ago I flew for $66.00 to Florida and $66.00 return. I have a vacation home south of Tampa so I don't need to take luggage. I take my purse and walk on and off the plane with no hassles. Yes I have to pay 2.00 for water pop or a snack but compared to paying 500.00 return flying from Ottawa I just can't justify spending the other 350.00 difference and Air Canada doesn't provide meals anymore. Yes I have to work around the Allegiant flight times and pay for my snacks and yes I have less flexibility but I am saving a lot of money! I find the staff courteous friendly helpful and professional. I don't need an inflight movie it is only a 3 hour trip. I applaud this airline for providing good service at great prices and direct flights.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have flown many different airlines in my 76 years but I must say the charter with Allegiant to College Station Texas this past Saturday September 14 2013 was one of the most abysmal experiences I have experienced. Firstly the cabin crew were rude and professed ignorance of information regarding the charter flight. The beverage service offered by the airline would have done well in a comedy routine no coffee/hot beverages yet the bottled water was served at room temperature (no ice offered) and in this case tepid. The plane itself was dirty and odorous and the lack of ensuring the aircraft was serviced and ready to go upon departure to Birmingham from Houston Bush was out of a Keystone Kops routine. The supposed delay caused by mechanical issues was explained in 3 different stories from the same representative concerning a door that was an emergency egress that could only be opened from the outside heaven help us had we had an emergency that required using that (rear) door if it could only be opened/closed from the outside. A trip of 12 hours inclusive of a 2 hour ride to the airport passenger airport procedures and attending a 4 hour football game ended as a twenty six hour expedition. Never again will I be a passenger of Allegiant Air and I strongly discourage others to use Allegiant.

Allegiant Air customer review

We used this airline for a charter flight round trip from Birmingham Al to College Station Texas and then back to Birmingham out of Houston. Never again. The flight attendants were so concerned with socializing with passengers who were buying alcohol that some of us barely got or regular drinks. On way back the flight was delayed for 4 hours due to "mechanical issues" in College Station and then the flight crew had to have their FFA mandated rest period. They told us at the gate that when the crew got there the plane would be fuelled up and ready to go. When we boarded the plane it was hot and the AC was not on because of the engines not being on. The pilot then came on and told we would have to wait to leave until the plane was refuelled so we were lied to at the gate. Overall horrible experience.

Allegiant Air customer review

We had our flight cancelled from Bellingham to Maui this August. After standing in line for almost 2 hours we found out the flight was cancelled only when other passengers were getting calls on their cells from the airline. The counter staff looked like teenagers and were no help at all. Finally after several hours an Allegiant rep showed up and we were put up for the night at local hotel only to arrive the next morning to have our flight delayed again two more times. Very poor service. Even airline employees told us this is a recurring problem and not to fly with them at all. I think after reading all these reviews I will take their advice and throw away the flight credits they gave us for another time.