Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

My granddaughter was supposed to take her first solo trip today. I had her to the airport well in advance. The board said that her flight was to be delayed 1.5 hrs. When she had made it through security I left her. I got home at 2.00 in the afternoon thinking she would be boarding around 3.00. The day progressed and she finally boarded thinking her flight would be leaving at 5.00. Well they eventually took everyone off the plane then put them back on then took them off again. I picked her up around 7.00. She had been told that the plane would leave at 8am and that information could be found online to make the changes. We can't find anything online so we hold and we hold and we hold. This is one of the worst experiences ever.

Allegiant Air customer review

Stranded at Las Vegas McCarran International airport for 5 hours. Told that our original flight with 200+ passengers was delayed due to aircraft issues to 12.30pm and was scheduled for 9am. At 12.30pm told that it was delayed again until further notice. All we were offered were $8 meal vouchers and soda cans/water. Now we are told that an empty plane is coming for us from Phoenix. Seems like this airline is always having issues. It is possoble that our flight will be rescheduled until tomorrow morning. It is currently 2pm and we have no notice as to when/if we will be departing.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have flown with Allegiant a few times over the last couple of years. They fly to the city closest to my daughter (St. Pete FL to Plattsburgh NY). Generally the best value and location for me and good service. All airlines have mechanical problems from time to time but I do worry about the age of the planes. They had plane trouble today (July 29) again and bussed passengers from Albany GA to St. Pete FL. I am planning a trip for November and contemplating my options based on today's flight problems.

Allegiant Air customer review

I will never fly with Allegiant again. We booked a flight from Provo UT to Oakland and back. A simple 1.5 hrs flight. Not so! Both flights had a 4 hour delay. The only compensation given was a complementary drink. Planes are to old and need to be replaced. The seats do not recline and carry on bags are $25. You can take your chances but I never will again.

Allegiant Air customer review

My mother flew myself husband and our two minor kids from Ft.Wayne Ind to Tampa/ST.Pete. When we boarded the flight attendant told us to throw out the drinks we came on plane with even though their website says you can bring food and drinks on board. Staff very rude. On way home the plane was in horrible conditions. We were unable to sit with our minor kids but some fellow travelers did switch seats with myself and my 7 yr old daughter. Never again will I fly them.

Allegiant Air customer review

My wife flew Allentown-Sanford one way on July 7 and all went smoothly. No hassle printing out online boarding pass with aisle seat assigned for free no security hassles at under-utilized ABE airport flight smooth was actually due in 10 minutes early but in fact arrived on time. She was travelling with a personal item only so no extra fees to her rock bottom one way fare. I agree with prior reviewers that their fees do add up quickly so plan accordingly. Also keep in mind Allegiant flies from small airports which generally mean higher fares so at least you get the non stop service with them. Also bear in mind if you suffer a delay which is common with all airlines these days this could have been time wasted with 1-2 hours at a hub airport. As in most customer service reviews people quickly point out the bad without reporting the good. My advise is give them a try and judge for yourself.

Allegiant Air customer review

Waiting at the airport more than 5 hours and still here. The management keeps telling us stories. I am flying from GSP to FLL. I come to GSP each year to visit my kids at summer camp. They pulled the same thing last year. I will never fly them again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Booked 3 passengers at the same time from Mesa to Duluth. Each seat was in a different row. Seriously? Another way to get you to pay money. Flight left at 6.45 am - we were told that once we were at altitude they would be coming around with the snack cart where all items were for sale however no coffee or tea but they had a full assortment of alcoholic beverages. Really? I can't get coffee but I can buy a beer? No thanks! No delays on the flight but waited for an hour for our bags at baggage claim. Spend the extra money and fly another airline.

Allegiant Air customer review

I get that this is a bare bones service but when an airline resorts to intentionally separating people because they didn't pay to choose a seat that's going too far. Not only that on a 2/3 full aircraft (both ways) they wouldn't let us move. This was on a flight between Bellingham and Honolulu in January 2013 and instead of impressing us with their value they were mean spirited in an attempt to extort a few more bucks. We won't fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Ft Lauderdale to Greenville. Seems to be a consistent theme on this site. 4.25 scheduled departure - actual departure - midnight. Reason - 'mechanical' issues. There were 40+ kids on our flight heading to camp and still had a 2 hour drive to NC after we landed.