Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

Feb 2nd 2014. Had a flight at 12 out of SYR got the 1 and only email saying the flight was delayed until 1.45. I get to the airport at 1 to have them tell me the plane hasn't left PIE (Clearwater) yet. We then didn't board until 4.45 sat on the plane until 5.30 until we finally took off. They served us 1 slice of cold pizza. We finally touched down at 8.30. I have a return ticket for this Thursday I purchased a ticket to fly United instead. Staff not friendly either. I will not fly Allegiant again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Don't fly Allegiant day after Super Bowl two crews flying out of Phoenix Mesa failed to show up resulting in significant delays. AZA to GTF delayed at least 4 hours and counting. Weather fine at both ends of flight. Obviously no backup crews. Communication of delays is poor. Flights are inexpensive but airline may be operating over it's head. Could be an airline with a bright future if it can sort out it's operational issues. They did offer refreshments and food voucher after 2 hours of waiting.

Allegiant Air customer review

If you believe the prices are too good to be true thats because they are! The last time I flew with them I was stuck in Punta Gorda for over 8 hours at the airport. They said the plane had a malfunction and that they had sent for another plane. The other plane never showed and they finally fixed the plane we were supposed to travel on almost 9 hours later. Today I was supposed to fly from Asheville to Punta Gorda. I received 5 different text messages delaying the flight hour by hour. Finally when I did not receive a text and the plane was supposed to leave at 2.20 I went to the airport only to find out that the plane that was supposed to pick us up had not even left Punta Gorda yet due to "cloud coverage". Allegiant did not notify any passengers of this until they all arrived at the airport thinking the flight was finally on time. After about an hour I received a text stating that the flight was cancelled but with no time or information on when or if it would be rescheduled. I would much rather pay the extra money to travel with an airline you can trust.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight 813 from Roanoke to St. Petersburg on 1/26/14. Return Flight 812 on 1/30/14. My husband and I flew down to Florida from Roanoke VA last week. It was perhaps the best airline experience I have had in decades. The reservation process was excellent with the site being easy to navigate and all details being clearly explained. We paid for pre-assigned seats and for one carry-on each. We printed out our boarding passes prior to arriving at the airport and everything was a breeze. We had early arrivals and the flight was comfortable. I will definitely travel through Allegiant Air in the future when going to Florida.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have been at the airport since 6.45am. There are roughly 6 planes worth of people stuffed into an airport meant to hold 2 planes worth. There are no restaurants just a snack shop in the corner that ran out of sandwiches 2 hours ago they do serve alcohol which isn't really making it's patrons calmer. All of the chairs are full and people are occupying the floor and every standing and leaning space. I believe there is only one bathroom but if I get up to investigate I might lose my seat. The only information booth with actual people is located outside of security so we are all essentially trapped in the terminal. Details are being delivered through an intercom system run by unapologetic staff. They assure us there is no new information and that our planes are unable to land at the airport because of cloud cover or leave their prior destinations because of rain.

Allegiant Air customer review

Round trip from Spokane WA to Honolulu HI was late 3+ hours each way. All delays were caused by Allegiant. This caused delays for our anniversary trip and generated over $400 of additional costs. Even though all delays were incurred by Allegiant they offered no complimentary services. Will never fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Have flown Allegiant about 12 times and have had only 1 on time departure. Our last flight was 1/26 from PIE to AVL. Over 5 hours late. Equipment issues. Worst part is that even though it had an Allegiant flight # it was flown by Falcon Air. Both plane and crew were Falcon. When we checked in we were told that it was a chartered flight.

Allegiant Air customer review

I recently flew from Niagara Falls NY airport down to Florida for a week. The plane we had was an older one no entertainment washroom could have been renovated. I felt this crew were not as professional as others I've observed. No coffee tea or water glad I had brought my own. We were a little late taking off because of de- icing. Upon coming back I was only a few lbs over with my luggage but got charged 50 dollars. There are too much add-ons for this airline. Overall this was the worst experience on a trip I've had.

Allegiant Air customer review

We had a direct flight from Bangor to Punta Gorda on 1/29/14. Flight was on time until we entered the aircraft then told that our direct flight would be diverted to Allentown PA to refuel. Finally left Allentown and told it would be 3 hours to Punta Gorda. 4 hours later we were descending into Punta Gorda almost ready to land and the plane suddenly started climbing again 1 hour later we were told that it was too foggy to land at Punta Gorda and we didn't have enough fuel to hang around and wait for it to clear so were going to land in St Petersburg. After landing was on the tarmac another hour waiting to get to a gate. 6 busses and 3 hours later we were taken back to Punta Gorda.

Allegiant Air customer review

My sister in law was on a direct flight from Bangor ME to Punta Gorda FL. Instead of a direct flight they had to stop in Allentown PA. Then headed down to Punta Gorda FL. which original was suppose to land at 4.30 pm but because of the stop in Allentown PA. they changed it to 6pm. When they got to Punta Gorda FL. they wouldn't land and flew up to St. Pete FL. Finally put them on buses and bussed them back to Punta Gorda FL. They were not told what was going on and had no food or drinks and were made to stay on the plane. Arriving in Punta Gorda FL. at 11.30 pm. No one told the people waiting to pick the passengers up what was happening and if asked one person would tell you thing and someone else would tell you something different.