Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

My wife and I were supposed to fly from Asheville NC to Fort Lauderdale on Feb 14 for our first cruise which was to leave on the 15th. Allegiant delayed the flight until 8.30pm then cancelled the flight. The next flight was rescheduled for Saturday 16th February one day after our ship left port! We had to drive our car 12 hours to Fort Lauderdale to make our cruise which we did! Our drive back was uneventful allowed us to overnight in Savannah GA thank goodness because the return flight to Asheville was delayed we made it back home before the plane did! Fly Allegiant at your own risk.
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight 645 to Sanford FL 4 hours late. "Crew" issues apparently. Got in so late that the Avis counter was about to close after waiting for us well beyond their closing time. Flight 644 back home. Another 3 hours late. Heard crew and/or weather related issue. First and last time I fly this mess of an airline. I was excited that they offered an inexpensive direct flight to Florida. Now I know why. Talking with others in the terminal (customers as well as non-Allegiant terminal staff) I learned this is the norm for them. If you value your vacation avoid at all costs especially if you have something time sensitive waiting for you on the other end.

Allegiant Air customer review

Since this is the only airline that flies from Harrisburg PA (MDT) to Clearwater/St Pete I am stuck flying with them. I have flown many times with Allegiant and not once have they been on time. The least amount of time that the flight was delayed 3 hours. I have learned my lesson with Allegiant. Expect nothing. Rude service extremely long check-in lines horrible seats nothing not even a bottle of water is free. I am actually scheduled to fly today. Flight 803 10.47am. I have now been advised the flight is leaving at 5.03pm.

Allegiant Air customer review

My husband and I travelled to Florida from Bangor recently on an Allegiant flight. Staff friendly and everything else was very satisfactory. We were leaving in poor weather so the plane had to be de-iced. That meant our departure was delayed for one hour. When we compared the cost of flights from other departure points and with other airlines there was no comparison for value for money. And the fact that the trip was non-stop was a real bonus. We would definitely fly Allegiant again!

Allegiant Air customer review

We flew from Bellingham to Palm Springs over the Christmas holidays. It snowed the day we were leaving we made it to the airport okay for the morning flight and waited for them to clear the runway. Allegiant kept delaying all day and in the end cancelled the flight. We had to spend almost 2 hours on the phone waiting for customer service to book us on a flight the next day which left in the afternoon. Again delayed over an hour and so we lost two days of our vacation. On the way back from Palm Springs we were delayed a couple of hours as well. The line to check in was ridiculous. Every other airline has multiple agents and no line-up.. Allegiant one or two agents and over an hour line-up (both ways). On the way down we were a couple of lbs. over the limit with the check-in luggage and they said no problem. On the way back they said even if you're 1 lb. over you have to take something out or they'd charge us. This is the one and only time I will ever fly with them.

Allegiant Air customer review

Holiday trip a real bust on Allegiant Air. Our departure was delayed two hours from Youngstown to Punta Gorda. The snack bar and restaurant at the airport were closed. When the flight finally departed there were no snacks or food left on the aircraft due to the lateness and not taking the opportunity to restock. The seating is uncomfortable. I'm 6'3" and my knees were banging on the seat ahead of me the entire flight. The seatbacks do not recline so you are stuck in a stiff upright posture the entire flight. It's like riding in a cattle car. I will not fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air customer review

This is without a doubt the worst airline I have been on. The aircraft was filthy the flight attendants surly and rude and the service awful. The aircraft took off from Las Vegas bound for Bellingham without an adequate fuel load and we had to land in Portland to refuel. I will never fly this airline again and encourage others not to as well. I would rather pay twice the fare that Allegiant charges and have a pleasant flight feel safe and not have to tolerate rude and surly flight attendants.

Allegiant Air customer review

Recently flew out of PIE. Surprisingly we left on time even arrived early. Even though they said we had a tailwind behind us I think it was more like less planes traveling that day because of a snowstorm. I had the time for this flight and was actually prepared for their tardiness and was pleased to be on time for once! Would recommend because of price but be prepared to be late.

Allegiant Air customer review

We were scheduled to leave Grand Forks to Sanford Orlando on January 27th. We had a storm to drive through and highways were closed. We managed to reach the airport with little sleep and were boarded on our plane at 10.30am. We were onboard but were then taken off the plane due to a flat tyre. They told us they would try to fix the issue and then we were told that we were going to fly out that day. After waiting at the airport until 3.30pm they told us the flight was cancelled until the next day. They put us up in a hotel but only one room per booking. We were told we would leave at 8am then got bumped to 8.30am! Not impressed! Not sure if I would fly with them again.

Allegiant Air customer review

My wife and I flew with them in November out of Grand Rapids Michigan for the first time it was the worst experience I've ever had. The 2 staff members behind the desk at check in claimed to be travel agents were also were rude and angry! Our flight was cancelled no one was at the gate to provide any information we ended up missing our cruise. On our way home our flight was cancelled 8-10 hours and airline offered $50 voucher.