Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

Took a non-stop from Fort Lauderdale to Lexington hoping to avoid the mad scramble in Atlanta. Big mistake. This airline left late due to engine issues (had to get a replacement aircraft) then when we arrived the ramp wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes for them to figure out they needed to open the rear stairs and allow us off. No discussion of perhaps just taxiing to a different gate. After replacing another hour yes hour awaiting bags. My advice skip the non-stop and stick with Delta.

Allegiant Air customer review

Granted it's inexpensive but be ready to be delayed. Have flown it often but probably 95% of the time flights are delayed. And not just a few minutes or a few hours. More like anywhere from 5-9 hours. Totally unacceptable. Have kept trying them due to direct flights and low costs but our time is too valuable to spend so many hours sitting in airports.

Allegiant Air customer review

Tried using this airline twice. The first time they cancelled the round-trip flight the night before departure. They didn't offer any alternative transportation. Just apologized and said I was on my own to figure it out. I had to scramble to get other transportation. I asked the customer service rep if Allegiant would give me any discount or such on a future flight. I was told I would have to email them complain and ask someone else. That was 8 weeks ago and still no response. The second time I tried to use Allegiant they cancelled the flight 12 days in advance. This time without explanation. How did they know they had to cancel that far in advance? In short the price is attractive but what good is that if you can't fly. I'll never use them again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Absolutely prefer this airline. Love the price direct flight and the smaller airports. Flew Sioux Falls to Tampa 11/16/13 and back 11/19/13. Will consider them first before any other airline.

Allegiant Air customer review

I was extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I had to pay for a seat. I chose a seat that I liked and preferred to sit in paid the fee and expected a good flight with a window seat close to the front of the aircraft. When I arrived to board I was told that we were to board a different plane and that the seat that I had paid for no longer mattered and I had to sit wherever I could. Granted I will be reimbursed the money for the seat but I paid for something I did not get and was not forewarned until boarding. I got stuck in a middle seat and was uncomfortable the entire flight. This is not good business. If a customer pays for something they expect it.

Allegiant Air customer review

Springfield Missouri to Punta Gorda November 14-17 2013. Flight out was delayed slightly but most time made on the way to Punta Gorda. No problems on return. $150 pp R/T including bag fee. Staff was great service was good. If you know the rules and play their game on ticketing luggage and check-in you can save money. With older second hand aircraft you are bound to have some delays but for the price you can not do better. Many trips on Allegiant and only one serious delay.

Allegiant Air customer review

Was supposed to fly out of Plattsburg NY direct to Clearwater FL Nov 1/13 . The plane got into the air and had instrument problems within 10 minutes of take off and had to return to Plattsburg airport. A very stressful experience. The plane had to circle for about 45 minutes to get rid of fuel. Fortunately we had a safe landing and all precautions were taken with fire trucks and ambulance available if needed. Upon arrival back at the airport we were offered Pizza as there would be no replacement plane arriving for 5 hours coming from Tampa. A full refund was offered if you decided not to take the replacement flight and a phone number was given out to call. We opted not to fly. The problem started with confirming our refund. No 1-800 number a long distance call with a wait of 30 minutes only to be told that a form had to be filled out online first . Very poor customer service. In the end a refund and a free voucher for future travel that would have to be redeemed by calling that same number.

Allegiant Air customer review

Bellingham to Vegas got to airport on time but found out our plane was delayed cause of a flat tire. 6.5 hours later we left as they had to fly a tire from Las Vegas on the next flight. They gave us water pop and a $8 voucher for food. They said they would give us a $100 voucher for our next trip on our account. I phoned them and no 800 number so you have to pay for the call. They go threw a 5 minutes of jargon and then they tell you you will be another 20 minutes. Did not wait. I flew with them when they first started great airline they and now sad to see they have gone the other way.

Allegiant Air customer review

I had a voucher from Allegiant that I had from January 2013 and had to use by Jan 2015 which I did the end of October 2013. They had already charged me $80.00 for voucher issue which they deducted. Very hard to use website in booking a flight. I chose my seats which I paid for did not get the ones I signed up for on my departure flight. Then I made a typo scheduling my return on 12/22(was supposed to come back on 11/3. Not their fault on that. When I had to change it they charged me for seats again adding $342.00 in fees for my wife and myself. The seats don't recline nor or they comfortable. Very cheap. Will hitch hike before ever using them.

Allegiant Air customer review

3 hour delay to destination and 4 hour delay coming back. Both flights were nonstop but could not get out of the airport and this was not weather related. Thought we would give Allegiant a try due to convenience. Going back to the big guys.