Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

When I first started flying from PHX to BIL on Allegiant about four years ago I was thrilled large plane direct flight great prices. Even though I had to drive 2 hours to get to Phoenix from Tucson it was worth it. I told everyone about this great little airline. Well that great little airline seems to be suffering from growing pains. In other words they've gotten too big for their britches. They're charging prices like the big carriers (in spite of the fact that fuel prices are half of what they were a year ago) but not offering the same service. They nickel-and-dime you to death: $5 to print your boarding pass for you? $50 for an overweight bag (down to 40 lbs. allowable - it used to be 50 lbs.). Having to purchase water? Paying for seat assignment and checked and carry-on bags? What's next pay toilets on the plane? The worst part is trying to call their "customer service" number. I needed to change my reservation but wasn't allowed to do so using their website. While I waited on hold for 35 minutes to find out what the additional fare would be I had to listen to a recording continually telling me that I should be using their website instead. On the up side both my flights were actually on time for a change. Allegiant seems to want to charge large carrier prices without providing large carrier service (which isn't exactly anything to rave about either). If they want to sit at the grown-ups table they better learn to put their napkin in their lap instead of tucking it under their chin. Speaking of napkins I wonder when they'll start charging for those too?

Allegiant Air customer review

Never again. Flight from Greenville to Orlando delayed due to mechanical issues on plane coming in from Orlando. After boarding aircraft waited on tarmac for 45 minutes. Back to gate. Stated we could get off and sit in jetway but could not go into terminal. Waited for an on call mechanic another 1.5 hr wait. Plane fixed. Off to Orlando 4 hours late. The return trip no email that flight was late. Get to airport 2 hours early. We have a plane and no crew. Waited for crew to be called in to work. They arrive and now no pilots. Told we will have a pilot from incoming flight that is now 3 hours late. Crew very rude when boarding. Return flight also 4 hours late. You get what you pay for folks.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew 1/22/15 from AVL to PIE on time no issues. Last 10 flights have been on time. Remember several things: 1) Check in online at least 1 hour in advance or it costs you $5 per adult2) luggage weight limit is 40lbs or they charge you 3) every flight we have flown has been packed. This is a no frill airline that's adds costs for everything. They fly into small airports not the big ones. Know and follow the rules or it will cost you $.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have flown Allegiant Air 8 times in the last 12 months usually with my wife other times with friends and children (a total of over 30 flights). Overall we have had excellent experiences with minimal delays (usually caused by snow storms) and once even arriving early! This airline is very good value for what they charge! I will continue to regularly fly with Allegiant in 2015.

Allegiant Air customer review

Nickle and dimed! We were trying to fly from PA to FL on the cheap so we went with Allegiant. Big mistake. The base fare may seem inexpensive but they charge extra for everything (carry-on +$30 pick your seat another +$30 drinks snacks $5 etc.). The flight attendants were cranky and rude! My husband is tall and he has a bad knee so we paid $32 extra to reserve his seat in the emergency exit row (more legroom). I was led to believe that I would be seated next to him if possible. Not so. I checked-in on-line exactly 24 hours before the flight and was seated on the opposite end of the plane. Just before take-off we noticed that the seat next to him was empty. I politely asked the flight attendant if I could sit next to my husband and she rudely barked that I could not sit there as it was an exit row and I hadn't paid an extra $30 to sit there. I quietly returned to my assigned seat. If you're thinking of flying with this airline just be sure to calculate what you're actually spending (after baggage fees picking seat fees printing boarding passes fees getting a drink of water mid-flight fees etc.) and be sure to factor in dismal customer service as well.

Allegiant Air customer review

Got evicted from my seat for being "too attached to my grandchildren". My husband and I took our family - 9 adults 4 children 2 infants-to Hawaii. We paid extra for the better seats for all of us and also for two exit row seats for my husband and myself. We were very pleased with the seats and the legroom for the price we paid. However While waiting an hour on the tarmac for the plane to take off I and many of the other passengers used that time to get up and stretch our legs. I talked to my family and helped entertain the grandkids. Upon returning to my seat the flight attendant told me that I had lost my chance to be in the exit row because I was "too attached to my grandchildren". I was incredulous but she was very firm. I had to switch seats with my son for the entire flight to Hawaii. So beware - if you are in the exit row - don't act like you like children.

Allegiant Air customer review

The flight crew would not give me a cup of water to drink on a flight from Honolulu to Los Angeles. All food and beverages even water was for additional purchase. The seats were extremely uncomfortable and my lower back hurt me a great deal. It was the worst flight I have ever endured. It took almost 30 minutes for baggage to arrive to the carrousel and the arrival gate was very far from our connecting flight which we almost missed! I would never fly with this airline again.

Allegiant Air customer review

I went from Provo to LA. I was stuck at the airport with 3 kids for 13 hours while Allegiant kept delaying our flight. Finally after flying home and being unable to land we flew to Las Vegas. It took another hour and 3 lines later to get a room. I could have drove home and to Disneyland twice in the time it took to fly with them. Actually I would have drove home if they would have been honest at first rather than keep delaying. My husband and I both missed a day of work.

Allegiant Air customer review

My husband and I traveled from Rockford IL to Las Vegas December 11-14 2014. The flight December 11 was first delayed due to a maintenance issue. After arriving to the airport we found out the flight was totally cancelled. We were told that our flight was rescheduled for noon on Friday the 12th. We finally departed at 12:35 December 12th. This caused us to miss nearly an entire day of our short trip. On the way back Sunday December 14th our flight was again delayed due to a maintenance issue. We were asked to switch gates and wait for another plane to arrive. We finally headed home 3 hours after our scheduled flight. We have made this trip 4 times in the last 8 years and only 2 of those trips were acceptable. The last time we had a significant issue (once again missing our first night in Vegas due to maintenance issues in the plane we were flying in and having to make an urgent landing in Colorado to wait for another plane) Allegient was willing to offer a travel voucher to us. We will never be using Allegiant airlines again.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have flown from South Bend Indiana to and from Punta Gorda Florida several times on Allegiant each time I ask myself why? Well after today no more. They had 4 flights scheduled from Punta Gorda this morning but only 3 ticket agents on hand. As a result we waited in line for 1.5 hours to get on the plane only to be told by the boarding stewardess to hurry as they wanted to leave on time and that we should have got there earlier. Flight crew was crabby and bossy service in general poor. Back to Southwest for me!