Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

Bellingham to Las Vegas round trip. Surprisingly the trip to KLAS was really smooth. Our personal item was a bit big width-wise but we got through no problem. Our plane arrived few minutes early the staff were professional and humorous (not expecting that) and the seats weren't that bad. The flight was really smooth. The trip back to KBLI was delayed by an hour because the incoming flight from Bellingham was delayed by the rain and even though the plane was parked in the gate both pilots were on the incoming flight. We made up some time because of strong tailwind (the pilots were trying hard to arrive a few minutes earlier). The pilots landed in the wind smoothly. The only thing I dislike about this airline is that you have to pay to select a seat even upon check-in. When you look at the price tag ($400 for 2 ppl round trip) all those pay drinks could be forgiven even the expensive carry-on. I think that you see all those negative reviews because people who had positive experience took it for granted (though really those delays are horrible to hear). I will travel with Allegiant again and hopefully Allegiant will train more professional crews.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from Clearwater St. Pete to Grand Rapids MI. Many people on the flight paid extra for reserved seating and had to sit where there were seats left. They said over the loud speaker that the seating was basically screwed up people who were assigned seat b were supposed to sit on seat c and so on and so on. The flight attendants were not really any help at all. In fact one of them seemed very irritated with the passengers that were complaining that they had paid extra for reserved seating. There were several boarding passes that had duplicate seating. Some passengers gave up their seats so families could sit together. After we boarded the plane we backed out from the gate and sat on the tarmac for 50 minutes before we took off. No explanation. Oh but they gave us free bottles of water and a mini pretzel bag. I guess that was supposed to make up for it.

Allegiant Air customer review

Months ago I purchased a flight from Allegiant for this morning checked in for my flight online last night and loaded the boarding pass on my phone with Allegiant's app. I had no bags to check so I was ready to go. When I got to the security check point the app crashed and as it died it took my boarding pass with it. OK. I went to the Allegiant ticketing counter told them the app crashed and even after I connected to wi-fi it would try to "reload" but failed every time and that I needed a boarding pass. They said that it was impossible that boarding had started and no agent computer or app could produce a boarding pass now. 30 minutes before my flight was supposed to leave they started paging my name. This was a small airport TSA had no line the gate was around the corner. I could see the person paging my name. Unless your travel is strictly leisure and it doesn't matter at all if you get to your destination not avoid Allegiant like a plague. Cheap is nice until cheap fails.
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

We were supposed to leave Bismarck ND on Sunday March 23rd at 12.50 pm. We were all loaded and sat at the terminal for 15 minutes when the captain came on and said we would not be going to Las Vegas in this plane. They would try to fix this one or send another from Las Vegas. Two hours later told us this flight had been cancelled. Nobody with Allegiant would talk or offer any explanation. They offered a phone number that said to go to the website. That's it. After finally getting the info from the website it says we will leave the next day after another Allegiant flight. We should be leaving before that flight.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from Niagara Falls to Sanford. Flights were on-time. No frills airlines but additional charges were excessive. Normal checked baggage with other airlines is 50lbs. With these guys its 40lbs. Had to pay additional $150 for overages. Convenience has a price tag other than that I would fly with someone else.

Allegiant Air customer review

I booked a flight on January 3 2014 to fly from Orlando to Newport News on March 24. On March 18 I received an email that all flights to Newport news were cancelled for the month of March. I was left scrambling to book a new ticket on another airline. No help from Allegiant customer service booking at short notice on another airline was expensive. No explanations for the cancellation and no concern for my situation. The flight was to my daughter's wedding. I have never had an experience where you booked a ticket and the airline cancelled without offering options to get you to your destination.
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

We flew the Charlotte to Orlando route and had a great experience both ways. The flights were a little delayed but no worse than any other airline and one delay was truly weather related. You do have to pay for every bag soda and snack on the flight but the flight was literally 1/3 the price of other airlines so I didn't mind spending $13 for a bag or $3 for a soda. Flight attendants were nice flight was comfortable...no complaints here.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew back from Las Vegas to Grand Forks ND. Flight # 484 March 15th. If you want your holiday plans ruined then fly Allegiant. Their planes are overused and mechanical failures are often and cause delays each time that I flew. When you check in they treat you with disrespect. They charge you extra for service that is non-existent and you sit cramped in tiny seats with no circulation to your legs. Staff are very rude and have no people skills. Be prepared to pay extra for carrying a small tote handbag on board.

Allegiant Air customer review

PSI-BLI flight 211 16th March. Late 50% of the time. Fly 40+yr old DC10's. Online info wrong and outdated. Nickled and dimed to death - almost the same cost as a decent airline especially when factoring in car travel. You pay for what you get - will never fly with them again!

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight from Bloomington IL to Orlando-Sanford FL on 3/13/14. Walked up to the check-in counter line 50 minutes prior to our flight. The man in front of us had been given a card that said he was going to be the last person to check-in and the Allegiant representative yelled at me and my 2 daughters across the crowd of 30 people to say "You missed your flight." She ended up letting us check in without even trying to carry on our bags (which were all within the size limits!) charging us $50 each and when we went to board no one else had boarded yet either. She eventually came to the boarding counter with the other representatives and made a comment to me that it must have been my "lucky day." It was embarrassing and stressful and I will never fly with Allegiant again.