Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

We booked outbound and return seat tickets from Little Rock Arkansas to Sanford Florida (and back) on Allegiant Airlines (Flight #'s 728 and 729) at an additional $$$ expense to be told on each leg of the trip there were no assigned seats and that it was "open seating" which effectively "cheating us" out of our money. When we went to check in the staff was undermanned and we flew on Sun Valley and Miami Air rather than Allegiant (apparently subcontractor airlines?). It was an awful trip on this "a la cart airline".

Allegiant Air customer review

Our flight was cancelled at 11.30pm with no new scheduled time give to any of us. Coming in from Canada as we are leaving the airport are told flight alerts are not available to Canadian customers not only that but no financial help for costs involved in obtaining motel rooms for the night were given either. Going online plugging in confirmation number all you find is your return trip information with no rescheduled flight information given to your itinerary number. Complete and total lack of professional shown by this airline for the customers on this flight. It readily became apparent the only concern they have is for themselves and not the tired unhappy people that had been at the Niagara Falls New York airport for hours.
Seat Comfort N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

I have flown this airline to and from college for the past 3 years and I never have had a good or even average experience. The check-in staff are rude and do not try to help. The worst experience was for the holidays this month not only did my flight get cancelled but I was never informed of it. Looking up the flight online said it was on time so I drove the 2 hours to the airport only to find that it had been cancelled. I had a paper for a motel thrown at me by the attendant with no directions or an address. All in all I will never fly Allegiant again. When we finally got a flight (24 hours later) the stewardesses were in the back talking.

Allegiant Air customer review

We were late leaving Appleton by about 45 minutes when a 10 minute delay was announced. The plane smelt like an old locker room. By the time we got into Sanford we hit rush hour traffic and our Disney World tickets that we had already paid for were a waste for that day. On our way back there was a young mother with 2 tiny kids that made it through ticketing security and they shut the door to the jetwalk just before she got there. They never paged her overhead and there was a supervisor manning that gate that was extremely rude and condescending to her. She left in tears. This was on a Monday morning and my understanding was also that there wasn't another flight for her until Thursday. Also I thought the ban on e-readers on take off and landing was no more. We had to turn ours off. I will not fly this airline again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Originally the airline pushed our December 9 2013 11.20am departure (from Sanford/Orlando FL to Hagerstown MD) to 5.20pm (they notified us 2 days in advance via email). We were glad that they emailed in advance allowing us time to change plans which benefited us. However with the change to 5.20pm we arrived in horrific weather conditions and Hagerstown airport closed after we had circled for a while. So we were diverted to Youngstown OH. Allegiant paid for overnight stays for all customers aboard at 3 nice local hotels (including limo service to and from and full hot breakfasts the next morning). Hagerstown airport was not well equipped to deal with this "special" situation so it took 2 hours to get everything organized but we were very pleased at how Allegiant took care of us. We will definitely be glad to rate our experience as very positive and we will most certainly be return customers in the future.

Allegiant Air customer review

Return flight from Vegas to Austin was delayed 4 times before they finally cancelled it at 9pm. Wasted all day at the airport and now next flight is today at 12.30pm. I won't get back to Austin now until 5 or so tonight so it'll be another day wasted. Got switched 4 times from gate to gate. Boarded a plane got as far as the tarmac then turned us back to gate due to pressure gauge failure. Sat on a hot plane for about 30 min then had to wait around for another hour for them to finally tell us flight was being cancelled. They put us up in an old hotel waited around at lobby for another hour to get a room. Then the room I got had no heat in 30 degree weather was eventually switched to another room at about midnight except this time no hot water. Took a cold shower this morning and am now waiting for 1230 flight back to Austin. Buyer beware. Do not fly Allegiant airline if you have a choice. Worst experience ever.

Allegiant Air customer review

My husband and I have flown Allegiant before without any issues but on Dec 1 flight from Bloomington Il to Orlando/Sanford we had a 5 hour delay with no reason why and they used a a different airline (Falcon Air) . On our return flight Dec 8 again we had a delay of 4 hours with no explanation (also Falcon Air). You cannot tell me that someone did not know why they were delayed. Also $8 food vouchers and $50 vouchers is enough to compensate for long delays and no information. We wasted over 12 hours at the airport that could of been used vacationing. Will be looking into other airlines.

Allegiant Air customer review

Dec 2 2013 Flight 2835. Dec 5 2013 Flight 834. I am very disappointed in Allegiant Airlines. They were 7 hrs late on Monday Dec 1. I was scheduled at 5.05 they called the night before and moved it to 7.40 then text and moved to 9.20 then called and moved it back to 7.40. I get to check in at 6 and it's back 9.20.The bright spot they did give us $8 for food. Of course we know the price of food at the airport. The great rate is not worth it. I lost a day of work this week. That is unacceptable.

Allegiant Air customer review

Why does everybody expect something for nothing? We flew Allegiant on November 21 2013 from Cedar Rapids to Las Vegas. Departure was on time as was arrival. Returned on Dec 5 and once again departure was on schedule and we arrived in Cedar Rapids 15 minutes early. Yes I paid for one checked bag and one carry-on. No the seat did not recline - but at least there wasn't a kid in front of me who felt that he had the right to slam his seat into my knees. I really didn't have a problem paying 2 bucks for a Coke either. The aircraft was comfortable and clean and the total fare was reasonable. Oh I almost forgot - as a non-stop flight we didn't have to put up with the hassle and stress of changing planes in Denver or Chicago.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from St. Pete FL to Tri-Cities TN on Nov. 5. The night before I did get an email that said that the flight had been delayed from 7.45am to 3.05pm. I was thankful for that because their were many people that didn't get the message. So about 2-2.30pm they announce a gate and plane change. They had to get a plane from another airline Suncoast. Since this plane didn't have the same seating they changed to open seating. So they boarded handicapped first then priority people then groups with small children then people with assigned seats and then everyone else (seems like Southwest seating). By the time we did all this it was about 4.15pm. They did give us water and a snack pack on the trip. So we get there late and what do you know there is an Allegiant plane already at the gate. We have to wait another 30-40 minutes until that plane leaves until we can get to the gate. There were no weather problems at either city. I overheard the Suncoast crew saying that Allegiant did have any crew available and that's why they had to change planes.