Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

I was extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I had to pay for a seat. I chose a seat that I liked and preferred to sit in paid the fee and expected a good flight with a window seat close to the front of the aircraft. When I arrived to board I was told that we were to board a different plane and that the seat that I had paid for no longer mattered and I had to sit wherever I could. Granted I will be reimbursed the money for the seat but I paid for something I did not get and was not forewarned until boarding. I got stuck in a middle seat and was uncomfortable the entire flight. This is not good business. If a customer pays for something they expect it.

Allegiant Air customer review

Was supposed to fly out of Plattsburg NY direct to Clearwater FL Nov 1/13 . The plane got into the air and had instrument problems within 10 minutes of take off and had to return to Plattsburg airport. A very stressful experience. The plane had to circle for about 45 minutes to get rid of fuel. Fortunately we had a safe landing and all precautions were taken with fire trucks and ambulance available if needed. Upon arrival back at the airport we were offered Pizza as there would be no replacement plane arriving for 5 hours coming from Tampa. A full refund was offered if you decided not to take the replacement flight and a phone number was given out to call. We opted not to fly. The problem started with confirming our refund. No 1-800 number a long distance call with a wait of 30 minutes only to be told that a form had to be filled out online first . Very poor customer service. In the end a refund and a free voucher for future travel that would have to be redeemed by calling that same number.

Allegiant Air customer review

Bellingham to Vegas got to airport on time but found out our plane was delayed cause of a flat tire. 6.5 hours later we left as they had to fly a tire from Las Vegas on the next flight. They gave us water pop and a $8 voucher for food. They said they would give us a $100 voucher for our next trip on our account. I phoned them and no 800 number so you have to pay for the call. They go threw a 5 minutes of jargon and then they tell you you will be another 20 minutes. Did not wait. I flew with them when they first started great airline they and now sad to see they have gone the other way.

Allegiant Air customer review

I had a voucher from Allegiant that I had from January 2013 and had to use by Jan 2015 which I did the end of October 2013. They had already charged me $80.00 for voucher issue which they deducted. Very hard to use website in booking a flight. I chose my seats which I paid for did not get the ones I signed up for on my departure flight. Then I made a typo scheduling my return on 12/22(was supposed to come back on 11/3. Not their fault on that. When I had to change it they charged me for seats again adding $342.00 in fees for my wife and myself. The seats don't recline nor or they comfortable. Very cheap. Will hitch hike before ever using them.

Allegiant Air customer review

3 hour delay to destination and 4 hour delay coming back. Both flights were nonstop but could not get out of the airport and this was not weather related. Thought we would give Allegiant a try due to convenience. Going back to the big guys.

Allegiant Air customer review

When flying Allegiant Air - check your VISA statements. Our family booked for an upcoming trip to Vegas and should have been charged $3021 however we just received our statement and we were charged 4 x for same trip. Then the whole frustrating deal trying to talk to a human - first you have to email them then they will give you a phone number then you have to phone and wait time is between 30 - 90 minutes (in our case 90 minutes of Long Distance from Canada) only to be told they don't see the error on their end so send them the visa statement as proof. Which I did and asked for confirmation that they received fax as well as confirmation when it is corrected. No customer service No apologies.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight 773 Fort Wayne to Sanford Oct 31. Flight 772 Sanford to Fort Wayne Nov 3 2013. We were charged $100 ($50 both ways) for a carry on that we hadn't prepaid for. If we had prepaid it would have been $26 total. It's the same bag why would it cost so much more if you add it at the desk? All beverages and snacks are for purchase only including water. I can certainly afford to pay for things but I hate to be taken advantage of.

Allegiant Air customer review

Was very apprehensive about flying Allegiant after reading all the bad reviews however the return flight from Bangor to Orlando was absolutely fine. The check in staff were the friendliest I've come across in a long time the flights left on time without incident and the price was right.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flight 1703 from Los Angeles to Honolulu October 31 2013 was supposed to leave at 12.55pm we get to the airport two hours early as requested just to find out our flight was delayed to 1.45pm. We get on the plane and wait for an hour for them to fix whatever mechanical issue they were having to then be told we must leave the plane! We were advised another "rescue" plane was on its way and would arrive at 6.50pm we start getting text messages at about 5.30pm that now that flight was cancelled as well due to mechanical reasons. There were over 100 people on this flight and Allegiant says they have hotel vouchers for only about 55 people not to mention the food vouchers they decided $8.00 at LAX was enough - you can barely get a good cup of coffee for that price in this airport.

Allegiant Air customer review

Travel with Allegiant is a nightmare! According to their own personnel their planes are old and break down often. My trip from Provo UT to Oakland CA was delayed by 6.5 hours. The return trip one month later was an odyssey: it took 11 hours and 3 different planes before we could make the 1.5 hour trip. The first plane fully loaded with 200 passenger was not able to even get to the main runway before breaking down and was towed back. The second plane sent to "rescue" came 5 hours later but was grounded due to mechanical problems. We had to wait more hours for another "rescue plane". After boarding and ready to take off on this third plane the pilot announced that his instruments showed not enough fuel for take off and we had to wait in the tarmac to be refuelled. What started with boarding the first plane at 8.30 am in CA ended at midnight in Utah.