Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

11/27 flight 888 from PIE to ABE. 12/1 flight 803 from Harrisburgh to PIE. They may have low rates but nothing is included and I mean nothing. Carry on check bag water on the plane cookies pretzels peanuts not included. You must pay for everything. There is no inflight entertainment. The seats do not even recline. The planes are old and antiquated the staff are rude. No one is in a hurry for anything. They give you no information no courtesy whatsoever. They change the rules every step of the way. Every person we talked to had a different story and nothing matched. All they did was lie to us. Everything was delayed and there was no compensation to the passangers for the inconvience that was given to them. First our time was changed with no notificAtion then we were told we had to wait 4 hours because the pilot and crew needed time to rest. By the time you pay for baggage a beverage and every other thing you have paid way more than the other airlines.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have used Allegiant Air during my 4 years while attending school out of state. Yes the cheap flights home when I had breaks were great but I was always delayed. I might have been on one single flight where everything was on time and they didn't push back the time due to "operational issues". There were also several times where I had to walk to my car in the airport parking lot in pitch black late at night because my flight was pushed back so much. Me being a young girl this was very unsettling. Allegiant feels that offering free complimentary drinks when the flight is delayed will make everything better well they are wrong. Also when you run into an issue there no settling a canceled flight at the airport you have to sit on the phone for over 30 minutes waiting for the next available travel agent. Honestly I don't think the issues that come along with booking a flight on their airline is worth the cheap flight.

Allegiant Air customer review

Our flight from Oakland CA to Bellingham WA was delayed 5 hours - no explanations or apology were offered. The ground crew were too inexperienced and timid to criticize. They didn't seem to be in the loop any more than we hapless passengers were. There were no weather problems at either end of the flight. An earlier leg of our trip (Bellingham to Vegas) was delayed for 2.5 hours - again no explanation or apology but it was raining heavily on arrival in Vegas so we assume that was the reason. I sent an email to their customer service and got a very quick personalized but unapologetic response. I've been a life-long traveller and have travelled on many no- frills airlines so I know what to expect in terms of crowded seating and lack of freebies. However as countless others have attested Allegiant Airline is the worst because of their shoddy customer service both during and after travel. This truly is the worst airline in North America.

Allegiant Air customer review

Austin to Las Vegas Nov 28th Flight number 453. They say low cost airline but they rip you off. Myself and wife were traveling to Las Vegas. The flight was empty and system generates random seats we both were not travelling together. To travel together we have to pay 35 USD. When I called the customer care to adjust the seats since the flight was empty I was given a very rude reply. The price we paid for our tickets we could buy with other airlines.
Value For Money N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Took a non-stop from Fort Lauderdale to Lexington hoping to avoid the mad scramble in Atlanta. Big mistake. This airline left late due to engine issues (had to get a replacement aircraft) then when we arrived the ramp wouldn't work. It took 45 minutes for them to figure out they needed to open the rear stairs and allow us off. No discussion of perhaps just taxiing to a different gate. After replacing another hour yes hour awaiting bags. My advice skip the non-stop and stick with Delta.

Allegiant Air customer review

Granted it's inexpensive but be ready to be delayed. Have flown it often but probably 95% of the time flights are delayed. And not just a few minutes or a few hours. More like anywhere from 5-9 hours. Totally unacceptable. Have kept trying them due to direct flights and low costs but our time is too valuable to spend so many hours sitting in airports.

Allegiant Air customer review

Tried using this airline twice. The first time they cancelled the round-trip flight the night before departure. They didn't offer any alternative transportation. Just apologized and said I was on my own to figure it out. I had to scramble to get other transportation. I asked the customer service rep if Allegiant would give me any discount or such on a future flight. I was told I would have to email them complain and ask someone else. That was 8 weeks ago and still no response. The second time I tried to use Allegiant they cancelled the flight 12 days in advance. This time without explanation. How did they know they had to cancel that far in advance? In short the price is attractive but what good is that if you can't fly. I'll never use them again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Absolutely prefer this airline. Love the price direct flight and the smaller airports. Flew Sioux Falls to Tampa 11/16/13 and back 11/19/13. Will consider them first before any other airline.

Allegiant Air customer review

Springfield Missouri to Punta Gorda November 14-17 2013. Flight out was delayed slightly but most time made on the way to Punta Gorda. No problems on return. $150 pp R/T including bag fee. Staff was great service was good. If you know the rules and play their game on ticketing luggage and check-in you can save money. With older second hand aircraft you are bound to have some delays but for the price you can not do better. Many trips on Allegiant and only one serious delay.

Allegiant Air customer review

I was extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I had to pay for a seat. I chose a seat that I liked and preferred to sit in paid the fee and expected a good flight with a window seat close to the front of the aircraft. When I arrived to board I was told that we were to board a different plane and that the seat that I had paid for no longer mattered and I had to sit wherever I could. Granted I will be reimbursed the money for the seat but I paid for something I did not get and was not forewarned until boarding. I got stuck in a middle seat and was uncomfortable the entire flight. This is not good business. If a customer pays for something they expect it.