Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew yesterday with my family to Orlando for Spring Break and the flight was great when your on a budget this is the airline to choose. I read all the negative comments but every airline has delays. I fly for business at least once a week and I can't count how many times I have been delayed for numerous reasons. Direct flight was a big plus and Orlando/Sanford is an easy airport to get around in and you are out the door with your luggage in 20 minutes once you land. I will definitely use them again!

Allegiant Air customer review

We flew from Las Vegas to Honolulu on March 27 2014. Flight to Honolulu had no problems or issues at all it was on time and everything went smoothly at the airport. Follow their luggage guidelines and check in online and you won't have any problems. Flight from Honolulu to Las Vegas was delayed 4 hours 15 minutes but they did give each person in my family $16 in food vouchers to use at the airport the problem was because of the delay we missed our shuttle from the Las Vegas airport to the parking garage where our car was. When I asked an Allegiant employee for some suggestions she just said I would have to get a taxi. When I checked in online 24 hours in advance for our flight home I was able to check everybody in except for myself (we had 10 people total). I tried to check myself in online a few hours later and it worked fine I just didn't get to sit by my family during the flight. There is no inflight movie so bring something to do. The seats are super small and there is not much room. No food or drink not even water is given unless you pay for it with visa only no cash. We got extremely affordable flights to Hawaii and otherwise would not have been able to go if it weren't for price Allegiant offered. You give up luxury and service for affordable pricing which I think is fair.

Allegiant Air customer review

I recently traveled from Bangor to Punta Gorda. Upon check in you are asked to pay extra money to sit in preferred seats unimpressed considering these are 20+ year old aircraft not worth the money. Flight was delayed leaving Bangor due to an issues with the APU. Flight Attendants were uninformative rather sloppy looking the male purser became annoying by always telling people that he was from Hawaii and kept making rude comments about other passengers hardly professional. Landed late into Punta Gorda no apology for the delay just more lip from that annoying purser surprised he didn't break out into another Hawaiian song just so annoy us. Will never take this awful carrier again.

Allegiant Air customer review

Plane was supposed to leave Bellingham for Vegas at 9am and arrive at 11am. Mechanical problem's delayed flight until 12pm. At 12pm we were told our plane was flying to San Diego. This caused an uproar. We were told a plane was coming to get us at noon it didn't show up until 9.30pm. We arrived in Vegas at 1.30am Friday. A completely wasted day. Staff were not available for question's while we waited for hours. Allegiant's price for flying is the only bonus. Their entire staff are rude and don't seem to have a clue about how to treat a customer.
Value For Money N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

My grandson was to leave from Punta Gorda at 4.30 to fly to Fort Wayne Indiana and was delayed two times. Finally left at 8.30 pm. My niece just left today from Punta Gorda to also fly to Fort Wayne Indiana and was delayed 4 hours also. My sister is to fly from Fort Wayne to Punta Gorda tonight March 29 2014 and has been delayed four hours also. This is outrageous and I may never use Allegiant Air again.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

We were set to fly out of Mesa at 6.45am. Did online check in the night before got in line to check bag at 5.55. After 20 minutes in line we got to the counter checked the bag and the woman said we were too late and would not make our flight! No last call from counter no indication of a problem and this is a very small airport! So we took our bag shot through security and they paged us over the intercom to get to the gate. We got to the gate at 6.25 20 minutes before take off time. We could see the plane there were approx 25 people still going up the steps and boarding. There was no agent at the gate we could not get out there! I ran to the next gate explained and asked her to let us out. She said no one was allowed out inside of the 20 minute deadline. At this point we were 17 mins out. In the end we stood there watching people board they plane take off and we were stuck! When I got back to the ticket desk the woman smiled and said the next flight to my town was in 2 weeks as all others were booked! We had to spend an additional $150 to catch a flight back 7 hours later to a city 2 hours from where we left our car! When we boarded this flight it was delayed because they were waiting for a passenger! She boarded at 1.55 for a flight set to leave at 2.05! We were furious.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew to Bloomington IL to Sanford FL and likely wont use them again. Paid for carry-on carefully measured bags but made the mistake of stopping at the ticket counter where they said my bag didn't easily fit into the measurement device. Paid $50 extra for checked bag. Others who did not stop at ticket counter had much larger bags and were allowed to carry-on. No complimentary beverages - really? Return trip-although we paid for assigned seats our boarding pass did not have them spent couple hours night before to get them re-assigned only to be told upon boarding that we had to find our own seats - no apology - just "you will be reimbursed". We got differing information from every employee we spoke with regarding: extra baggage fees seating assignments how to indicate a lap child etc. Tried to use the Allegiant iPhone app which crashed and would not open. Signed up for text message regarding flights - never got a single one. Boarded almost an hour pre-flight and then sat in the plane without moving for over an hour - no explanation for the delay.

Allegiant Air customer review

I fly Bangor to Punta Gorda or Tampa/St Pete a lot. For what I save in cost I can't complain. However my attitude is that I am simply paying to get from point A to point B safely and on time - and at minimal cost. That always happens. I've had delayed flights on every airline I've ever flown - except Allegiant. That's simply a coincidence and it will surely happen eventually. It seems people can't wait to post bad news never the good. Allegiant specializes in low cost flights so don't compare them to airlines that hype about making your flight the highlight of your vacation. If you want to pay (a lot) extra for all the luxuries that's your choice - don't fly Allegiant.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from Orlando to Lexington Ky on March 29 2014. Numerous problems from weather delay (understandable) to plane mechanical problems. All the time this was happening there was very little or no communication from the attendants. We were like wandering sheep trying to figure out where to go and what to do. Obviously little or no direction from management as to what to do when problems arise. I will never fly Allegiant again and urge others to consider the same. Flight scheduled to leave at 1.05pm finally left at 7.30pm. Pitiful.

Allegiant Air customer review

Bellingham to Las Vegas round trip. Surprisingly the trip to KLAS was really smooth. Our personal item was a bit big width-wise but we got through no problem. Our plane arrived few minutes early the staff were professional and humorous (not expecting that) and the seats weren't that bad. The flight was really smooth. The trip back to KBLI was delayed by an hour because the incoming flight from Bellingham was delayed by the rain and even though the plane was parked in the gate both pilots were on the incoming flight. We made up some time because of strong tailwind (the pilots were trying hard to arrive a few minutes earlier). The pilots landed in the wind smoothly. The only thing I dislike about this airline is that you have to pay to select a seat even upon check-in. When you look at the price tag ($400 for 2 ppl round trip) all those pay drinks could be forgiven even the expensive carry-on. I think that you see all those negative reviews because people who had positive experience took it for granted (though really those delays are horrible to hear). I will travel with Allegiant again and hopefully Allegiant will train more professional crews.