Allegiant Air

Allegiant Air customer review

My husband and I have flown Allegiant before without any issues but on Dec 1 flight from Bloomington Il to Orlando/Sanford we had a 5 hour delay with no reason why and they used a a different airline (Falcon Air) . On our return flight Dec 8 again we had a delay of 4 hours with no explanation (also Falcon Air). You cannot tell me that someone did not know why they were delayed. Also $8 food vouchers and $50 vouchers is enough to compensate for long delays and no information. We wasted over 12 hours at the airport that could of been used vacationing. Will be looking into other airlines.

Allegiant Air customer review

Dec 2 2013 Flight 2835. Dec 5 2013 Flight 834. I am very disappointed in Allegiant Airlines. They were 7 hrs late on Monday Dec 1. I was scheduled at 5.05 they called the night before and moved it to 7.40 then text and moved to 9.20 then called and moved it back to 7.40. I get to check in at 6 and it's back 9.20.The bright spot they did give us $8 for food. Of course we know the price of food at the airport. The great rate is not worth it. I lost a day of work this week. That is unacceptable.

Allegiant Air customer review

Flew from St. Pete FL to Tri-Cities TN on Nov. 5. The night before I did get an email that said that the flight had been delayed from 7.45am to 3.05pm. I was thankful for that because their were many people that didn't get the message. So about 2-2.30pm they announce a gate and plane change. They had to get a plane from another airline Suncoast. Since this plane didn't have the same seating they changed to open seating. So they boarded handicapped first then priority people then groups with small children then people with assigned seats and then everyone else (seems like Southwest seating). By the time we did all this it was about 4.15pm. They did give us water and a snack pack on the trip. So we get there late and what do you know there is an Allegiant plane already at the gate. We have to wait another 30-40 minutes until that plane leaves until we can get to the gate. There were no weather problems at either city. I overheard the Suncoast crew saying that Allegiant did have any crew available and that's why they had to change planes.

Allegiant Air customer review

Why does everybody expect something for nothing? We flew Allegiant on November 21 2013 from Cedar Rapids to Las Vegas. Departure was on time as was arrival. Returned on Dec 5 and once again departure was on schedule and we arrived in Cedar Rapids 15 minutes early. Yes I paid for one checked bag and one carry-on. No the seat did not recline - but at least there wasn't a kid in front of me who felt that he had the right to slam his seat into my knees. I really didn't have a problem paying 2 bucks for a Coke either. The aircraft was comfortable and clean and the total fare was reasonable. Oh I almost forgot - as a non-stop flight we didn't have to put up with the hassle and stress of changing planes in Denver or Chicago.

Allegiant Air customer review

I had a flight booked on Allegiant Air for Monday December 2nd that was scheduled to leave just after 10 am and arrive in Clearwater at approximately 12.15. Instead it was after 7pm before we departed and about 8.30pm before we arrived in Clearwater. I was never notified the flight was delayed so spent nearly 12 hours in the airport as our departure time changed several times. The reason we were given had nothing to do with weather or natural disasters just that "our flight team timed out and must go on rest time and we haven't been able to find crew to replace them"! Really! Now here I am on Thursday December 5th again stranded in the airport with Allegiant Air waiting for a flight that was to depart at 5.05 and now being told it will be between 9-10pm hopefully! Reason this time again not weather "we just don't have enough planes to cover all the scheduled flights". "We have chartered some planes but now that crew has timed out"!

Allegiant Air customer review

Terrible. An 8 hour delay on Monday from Greensboro to St Pete now supposed to leave today at 5.05 from St Pete to Greensboro and they just informed us that plane will not leave until 9.40.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Allegiant Air customer review

Saw all the bad reviews and don't understand why. I have flown Allegiant many times with no delays other than weather and the staff were great. Can't beat it for the cost. Would recommend to anyone. How else can you get to Florida in 1hour 45 minutes from Ohio for 75 dollars.

Allegiant Air customer review

I have to say no stars for this airline. So called 'customer service' hung up on me once then when my son called them back they hung up on him too. I signed up for text alerts on my phone but they did not advise me (even after we traveled 3 hours with a rental car for the second leg of our trip to Knoxville airport). After checking in we found out that the flight was cancelled for mechanical reasons for possibly 1-2 days. We ended up renting another car and drove 15 hours reaching home after 4am. What a way to end a vacation! I have to admit they did eventually refund the money because I refused the $100 vouchers they offered. Did not need the vouchers because now I intend to pay full price for a major air carrier. Just so you know because they are not a major carrier they do not make other arrangements for you and if you find a flight you can get on you re paying for it again.

Allegiant Air customer review

I had a flight on 11/11/2013 from Oakland to Phoenix. The flight was delayed 2 hours before they finally cancelled it. They didn't give us any idea if there would be a flight the next day so I had to book my own flight on Southwest so I could get to Arizona at a cost of $350. My return flight on 11/25 was delayed 4 hours! Today my fianceé was supposed to fly from Oakland to Phoenix and he just received notification that his flight is delayed 2 hours! You really can't depend on this airline. Flights may be cheap but you might have to pay more on another airline in order to get to where you want to go.

Allegiant Air customer review

Sitting at Sanford FL airport as I write this. Arrived early for the flight back to Springfield MO. Flight was cancelled due to missing crew member last night. No notification on website. Aggravation is not worth it. Now as I sit here waiting to get within 3 hours of home on another flight and wasting an entire day I regret ever trying them on a friend's recommendation. No real recourse no food vouchers. Other choice was wait 24 hours and try again. Hotels food and transportation all at our expense. Needless to say I will never use them again and do my best to ensure anyone that will listen doesn't either. The only good thing I can say is they are direct flights (when they actually fly) and the seats weren't too bad. We were offered $100 off our next flights as if I will ever use them again. Tonight at 5.34 when the plane lands will be the last time I ever consider Allegiant Air.