Alitalia

"dissatisfied with my luggage"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Seoul via Rome. Staff on board was friendly, basic entertainment. My experience was quite satisfactory. I was very dissatisfied with my luggage. It had severe damage and inside many of my goods were damaged. They wouldn't compensate me for this issue. The customer agent says it needs to be reported after you claimed the damage at the airport itself. I think this will be my last flight with Alitalia.
RouteBrussels to Seoul via Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"flight was the worst"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Barcelona via Rome. Not only my experience with them before the flight was horrible. The flight was the worst I've ever traveled.
RouteDelhi to Barcelona via Rome

"Pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Rome to Tunis. The new Alitalia lounge in FCO is great - excellent selection of food, drinks and x2 baristas for coffee. Plane was clean and a friendly welcome on board. Left on time, and served a delicious breakfast. Pleasantly surprised after previous experiences on Alitalia.
RouteRome to Tunis
Date FlownDecember 2018

"attitude of crew was terrible"

Trip Verified | I have travelled with Alitalia for more than 20 years, and though out this time quality of service and employees’ attitude has been going up and down. In the last three trips however I experienced the worst possible service on both sides. Old plane flying the intercontinental route (low cost type of searing, front and back seats broken). Poor food quality as well as entertainment. The attitude of the crew was terrible. You can manage one person with a bad day, but when three or four through the journey are unnecessarily unpleasant. I really wish I had more options to fly out of Miami.
RouteRome to Catania

"Really nice cabin crew"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Brussels to Rome. Really nice cabin crew, clean plane. Flight comfortable and fast, we landed in Rome even 30 minutes before, they allowed me to arrive on time on Christmas Eve. I will fly again with Alitalia
RouteBrussels to Rome
Date FlownDecember 2018

"cabin crew were very friendly"

Trip Verified | London (LHR) to Milan (LIN). Boarding was quick and efficient, flight departed on time and cabin crew were very friendly. The aircraft was clean, seats were comfortable and the price was excellent. I strongly recommend Alitalia.
AircraftA319-100
RouteLondon (LHR) to Milan (LIN)
Date FlownJune 2018

"nothing served to me for first 6 hrs"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Rome. Horrible flight. Unprofessional and unkind flight crew, nothing was served to me for first 6 hrs of flight, not even water or beverages. Crew was unpleasant when I asked for water and then for coffee later.
RouteDelhi to Rome
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I found them to be fine"

Not Verified | Flew Rome to Barcelona and I found them to be fine. They were on time, the flight attendants were courteous and efficient, and they got my luggage on board the flight properly. Thus, I would not hesitate to fly them again nor recommend them.
RouteRome to Barcelona

"most horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Boston to Rome. Horrible service and terrible food. I flew from Boston to Rome in Economy Class, there was a steward extremely rude and unfriendly. You can't even ask a glass of wine or coffee. Lame service, extremely slow. They also lost my bag that I've got 3 days later with the broken lock. At the Rome airport the staff was so unprofessional. It took them 50 minutes to check in my bag, unbelievable. The most horrible experience ever.
RouteBoston to Rome
Date FlownNovember 2018

"unkind and far from nice"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Rome to São Paulo. My seat was 22L. The flight attendants in that part of the airplane were unkind and far from nice. After dinner we were served coffee and tea, and none of the flight attendants passed by that area to collect used cups and napkins. We had to put the dirty cups inside the pouches of the seats in front of us because the flight attendants working in that section had to go to their rest period. They believed they were doing the passengers a huge favor in serving us dinner and, before landing, breakfast. Unfortunately, that's typical of Alitalia economy class in-flight service.
RouteRome to São Paulo