Alitalia

"expect this flight to be cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi. I have not flown yet, my flight is next weekend and want to know why my flight has not been cancelled? My flight transits through Rome and Abu Dhabi before landing in Melbourne. Rome is in lockdown due to COVID-19 and the UAE has closed it's borders meaning you can't transit through Abu Dhabi anymore. Furthermore, the FCO has advised against all but essential travel so this is utterly baffling! I am not happy as I expect this flight to be cancelled and given a full refund.
RouteLondon to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Staff was unprofessional"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Rome. The airplane was dirty and poorly maintained. Me and my neighbor had broken seats and our screens were small and not functioning properly. Staff was unprofessional. Chatting loudly with each other throughout the flight, even during the service. As I move to the back of the plane to get something to drink, they were sitting there having their loud conversation and minding their own business. No one asked me if I needed something.
RouteTokyo to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"comfortable seats and good airplane"

Not Verified | Buenos Aires to Rome. Great shame that comfortable seats and good airplane were let down by dismal food and undrinkable coffee. Toilet facilities used by passengers strolling through from other cabin sections unchallenged. Check in at Buenos Aires disorganised and made to wait for an hour. It really would not take much management to improve it.
RouteBuenos Aires to Rome

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Rome. We came very Early. In fact came in 4 hrs. At the airport and was the first few early passengers. The staff asked us to gave up our carry on luggage saying it was a full flight and gave us a zone 1 assignment for boarding. The flight was delayed, and at boarding they didn't follow The zoning assignment. Very disappointed. Poor customer service.
RouteLondon to Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Still no refund for my money"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Rome to Prague. On September 15, 2019, we bought 2 tickets on the airline's website for January 15, 2020 from Rome to Prague. November 13, 2019 by mail we received a message that our flight was canceled We contacted the contact center, where we were asked to purchase tickets for another flight with an additional fee. The operator did not warn us that the new flight is also joint and there are no clear agreements with the partner Czech airlines and sold us a new ticket. As a result, we paid another money and received a confirmation email for flight AZ7546 on January 15, departing at 14-50 However, on December 6, I again received a letter that our flight was canceled. When I called the contact center, I communicated with an operator. She told me that the flight at 14-50 does not fly. To my objection that the flight on 15.01 at 15-15, for which we originally purchased tickets, exists on the website of Czech airlines (indicated that together with Alitalia), the operator replied that our flight on this flight is not possible. There are no other direct flights on January 15 As a result, I had to issue a refund. The operator assured me that they will issue a refund immediately, within 3 banking days I will receive money on the card. How could you sell tickets when there are no clear agreements with the partner airline? Why didn't I get a refund and buy a ticket from Czech airlines for the flight I need when I canceled my first flight? It has been more than two months since the ticket refund was issued at the contact center. Still no refund for my money.
RouteRome to Prague
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"friendly, polite and helpful"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Bologna to Sao Paulo return via Rome. Every flight on time, the planes were clean and tidy. It's the first time i experienced the premium economy and i have to say that the value for money is great, mostly for a 12 hours flight. Really nice legroom and seat inclination. IFE poor as always, they shouldn update it! Cabin crew, friendly, polite and helpful .. special mention to the cabin crew AZ675 on 05/02/20. I appreciated the welcome cocktail, but is not possible to serve it in a plastic cup. Food really good, the best food you can find on a plane! No wifi on the plane.
RouteBologna to Sao Paulo return via Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"sky priority boarding not respected"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Rome to Brindisi. In Brindisi and in Rome, sky priority boarding is not respected when passenger have to be transported by bus from the airport to the aircraft. On contrary, in the airport of Verona, once sky priority passengers are in the bus they are in a segregated area from the rest of the passengers and once the bus reach the aircraft first the bus doors of the area where sky priority passengers are segregated and so they can board first. It is advised that similar practice is implemented in other airports where Alitalia operates.
RouteRome to Brindisi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"comfortable and relaxing trip"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Warsaw. Very comfortable and relaxing trip, I arrived in Warsaw a few minutes early. Clean plane, very nice on-board staff offered us snacks and drinks. I will travel again with Alitalia.
RouteRome to Warsaw
Date FlownDecember 2019

"seats were so uncomfortable"

Trip Verified | Rome to JFK, New York on 1/3/20. We sat in Row 26. The seating configuration was 2-4-2. We had the four middle seats. Completely lacking on this flight was comfort, even a minimal amount was not to be found. The flight almost had to be turned around within 15 minutes of take-off due to a loud verbal altercation between a family siting in Row 26 behind us and the passengers seated behind them in Row 27 - all because of reclining seats and absolutely no room because of reclining seats. The aisles were also so narrow that it was virtually impossible for 2 people to pass each other in the aisle. The seats were so uncomfortable that not even the arm rests fully raised to the vertical position. I have never experienced seats before where the arms did not fully raise to a vertical position. The food was poor on this 8 hour flight. One meal was lasagne and the second meal or snack was some sort of pizza that was rolled like a burrito, I could not ea that. The crew was not exceptionally friendly. They were mostly missing during the flight when not serving the meals and were congregating at the back of the plane. Even though this was a daylight flight, we took off 2.35 pm Rome time, the lights in the cabin were turned off early in the flight. Te movie selection was minimal and not very good.
RouteRome to New York

"The trip was a fail"

Trip Verified | Washington to Rome. The trip was a fail because my passport expires within the three months needed to enter Rome (mistake on me) but my issue is after you have processed my passport and then printed my boarding pass they still allowed me to pay for bags when it should have been flagged that I wouldn’t be able to fly. I’m at the gate and the attendant looks at my passport and says “you aren’t valid”. Ok so will my baggage fee be refunded, no. This is definitely unfair. Contacting the customer support team was a good lesson learned that all support staff are not created equally. These guys should have given my money back at the least but such is life. Hopefully they get better and it’s true you get what you pay for (sometimes).
RouteWashington to Rome