Alitalia

"I do not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | London to Rome return. Not a good experience. Because of Covid-19 restrictions, everything is an excuse for not comply. Customer service "does not exist", ground and cabin staff service are very poor, and often staff is impolite. Quality of food and drinks on board is despicable. I do not recommend this airline for short/medium haul flights.
RouteLondon to Rome
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"customer service is the worst"

Trip Verified | On 14 July, 2020 they informed me by email that the return leg of a flight had been cancelled. The email said that if I wanted to reschedule the trip I had to call certain numbers or go on the website for other options. The website included reimbursement as an option, but the Alitalia email informing me of the cancellation had a booking number which the website did not recognise. The electronic ticket number gave no joy either as, for some reason, Alitalia generated different ticket numbers for this journey - and so I just couldn't be sure that the request had to be recognised. The website is full of glitches and is generally frustrating to use. Having wasted quite a bit of time on the website, I had no option but to get on their "helpline" which, I knew from various previous experiences, is a misnomer. I called several times, was put on hold for very long periods and then cut off and, when I was lucky enough to be transferred to an operator, that person cut me off without offering any assistance. A few weeks on, I still have no idea if my ticket will be reimbursed and have now wasted hours on this matter. Unfortunately, this is not a covid-related development - this is the kind of service I have experienced with Alitalia for many years. Unfortunately, I often have no option but to fly with them. The in-flight experience with Alitalia is no worse than with a budget airline, but their customer service - through both the website and the call centre - is the worst I know. With all the covid uncertainty, these services are more important than ever as passengers are more likely than before to have to re-book or cancel flights. Avoid Alitalia if you can.
Date FlownMarch 2020

"expect this flight to be cancelled"

Trip Verified | London to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi. I have not flown yet, my flight is next weekend and want to know why my flight has not been cancelled? My flight transits through Rome and Abu Dhabi before landing in Melbourne. Rome is in lockdown due to COVID-19 and the UAE has closed it's borders meaning you can't transit through Abu Dhabi anymore. Furthermore, the FCO has advised against all but essential travel so this is utterly baffling! I am not happy as I expect this flight to be cancelled and given a full refund.
RouteLondon to Melbourne via Abu Dhabi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Staff was unprofessional"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Tokyo to Rome. The airplane was dirty and poorly maintained. Me and my neighbor had broken seats and our screens were small and not functioning properly. Staff was unprofessional. Chatting loudly with each other throughout the flight, even during the service. As I move to the back of the plane to get something to drink, they were sitting there having their loud conversation and minding their own business. No one asked me if I needed something.
RouteTokyo to Rome
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"comfortable seats and good airplane"

Not Verified | Buenos Aires to Rome. Great shame that comfortable seats and good airplane were let down by dismal food and undrinkable coffee. Toilet facilities used by passengers strolling through from other cabin sections unchallenged. Check in at Buenos Aires disorganised and made to wait for an hour. It really would not take much management to improve it.
RouteBuenos Aires to Rome

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | London to Rome. We came very Early. In fact came in 4 hrs. At the airport and was the first few early passengers. The staff asked us to gave up our carry on luggage saying it was a full flight and gave us a zone 1 assignment for boarding. The flight was delayed, and at boarding they didn't follow The zoning assignment. Very disappointed. Poor customer service.
RouteLondon to Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Still no refund for my money"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | Rome to Prague. On September 15, 2019, we bought 2 tickets on the airline's website for January 15, 2020 from Rome to Prague. November 13, 2019 by mail we received a message that our flight was canceled We contacted the contact center, where we were asked to purchase tickets for another flight with an additional fee. The operator did not warn us that the new flight is also joint and there are no clear agreements with the partner Czech airlines and sold us a new ticket. As a result, we paid another money and received a confirmation email for flight AZ7546 on January 15, departing at 14-50 However, on December 6, I again received a letter that our flight was canceled. When I called the contact center, I communicated with an operator. She told me that the flight at 14-50 does not fly. To my objection that the flight on 15.01 at 15-15, for which we originally purchased tickets, exists on the website of Czech airlines (indicated that together with Alitalia), the operator replied that our flight on this flight is not possible. There are no other direct flights on January 15 As a result, I had to issue a refund. The operator assured me that they will issue a refund immediately, within 3 banking days I will receive money on the card. How could you sell tickets when there are no clear agreements with the partner airline? Why didn't I get a refund and buy a ticket from Czech airlines for the flight I need when I canceled my first flight? It has been more than two months since the ticket refund was issued at the contact center. Still no refund for my money.
RouteRome to Prague
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"friendly, polite and helpful"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Bologna to Sao Paulo return via Rome. Every flight on time, the planes were clean and tidy. It's the first time i experienced the premium economy and i have to say that the value for money is great, mostly for a 12 hours flight. Really nice legroom and seat inclination. IFE poor as always, they shouldn update it! Cabin crew, friendly, polite and helpful .. special mention to the cabin crew AZ675 on 05/02/20. I appreciated the welcome cocktail, but is not possible to serve it in a plastic cup. Food really good, the best food you can find on a plane! No wifi on the plane.
RouteBologna to Sao Paulo return via Rome
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"sky priority boarding not respected"

(Italy)

Not Verified | Rome to Brindisi. In Brindisi and in Rome, sky priority boarding is not respected when passenger have to be transported by bus from the airport to the aircraft. On contrary, in the airport of Verona, once sky priority passengers are in the bus they are in a segregated area from the rest of the passengers and once the bus reach the aircraft first the bus doors of the area where sky priority passengers are segregated and so they can board first. It is advised that similar practice is implemented in other airports where Alitalia operates.
RouteRome to Brindisi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"comfortable and relaxing trip"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Rome to Warsaw. Very comfortable and relaxing trip, I arrived in Warsaw a few minutes early. Clean plane, very nice on-board staff offered us snacks and drinks. I will travel again with Alitalia.
RouteRome to Warsaw