airBaltic

"Friendly and efficient crew"

Trip Verified | An excellent flight from Riga to Copenhagen. Friendly and efficient crew, and great legroom. Flight was very punctual. My only criticism is that the 737 on this flight was 20 years old, so quite worn.
RouteRiga to Copenhagen
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"charges every singe extra gram"

Trip Verified | Riga to Geneva. Airline charges every singe extra gram, including any Tax Free shop acquisitions (60€/luggage). Staff attitude is very unpleasant. Unless required, won’t use this airline again.
RouteRiga to Geneva

"Terrible service!"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Riga to Oslo. Terrible service! All passengers checked and charged 60 euro for overweight, even if only 1kg, jackets, pocket contents and the book in your hand included. Passengers that took their clothes on accused by the company representative for being childish. If checking in less than one hour before departure you get charged 35 extra euros.
AircraftDon’t know
RouteRiga to Oslo

"Fix your attitude!"

Not Verified | Vilnius to Amsterdam. The weighing of hand luggage created huge lines, people were irritated and were made to pay huge fees. If you fly from other countries with AirBaltic they never weigh and create such bad situations. Only in Lithuania! Fix your attitude!
RouteVilnius to Amsterdam

"they made me pay 60€"

(Estonia)

Trip Verified | Tel Aviv to Tallinn via Riga. My cabin luggage was 400g overweight and they made me pay 60€, while saying that if you don't you won't get to the flight. At the same time they knew that flight was being delayed! I had friends who could deliver those overweight things to me next week for free!
RouteTel Aviv to Tallinn via Riga
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"try to avoid in the future"

(Lithuania)

Not Verified | Riga to Frankfurt. We were forced to weigh our hand luggage and pay 60 eur for excess luggage due to 2 Rigas Balzams bottles that we bought at the duty free! They also changed our seats randomly. As much as i would like to support the local industry of my home region, I am leaving a negative review because the whole experience was a big nuisance and could have been avoided (e.g. bigger airlines dont enforce such strict hand luggage policies). Will try to avoid in the future.
RouteRiga to Frankfurt

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | We checked our luggage at Riga Airport on August 2, 2019, and all was in order. When we picked our luggage up at Schiphol airport in Amsterdam it looked like it had been caught in a wedge, as the entire right side was caved in and the handle was completely snapped in half. We immediately filed a report with the airline representative at baggage claim and subsequently filed a claim directly with AirBaltic and waited for a response. On August 7, 2019 we received an email from a customer service rep from the airline, instructing us to take the damaged luggage to one of their authorized repair shops to have it looked at and evaluated for reimbursement or repair. Problem is, all the authorized shops are located in those cities that airBaltic services, which does not include the United States, where we live. I informed them of that fact on August 10 and have not heard anything back from her. After a lot of searching I was able to find airBaltic's U.S. website and forwarded all correspondence to them on August 19, 2019, with a request to contact me. As of today, August 26th, I have not heard anything from them. Given the lack of service on the part of airBaltic, I urge anyone considering using this airline to find another carrier and avoid this airline like the plague.
RouteRiga to Amsterdam
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I will never book them again"

Trip Verified | Zurich to Riga. I booked the flight just 15 hours before departure. I got the confirmation and could Check-in online. The next morning i arrived at the airport and they told me that the flight has been cancelled. No E-Mail or no SMS they sent me. The next available flight is 9 hours later. After asking for compensation, they give me a voucher of 12 CHF and I should send an email. No support from ground-staff or helpline. Flight at night was ok. But Not even water, they provide. I will never book them again.
RouteZurich to Riga
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cabin crew were very kind"

(Latvia)

Trip Verified | Riga to Athens. This was a night flight. The cabin crew were very kind. We had ordered food which was really good. A bad things was that the cabin crew turned off the cabin light in the middle of the flight. The seats are very comfortable. The little screens that show flight information are very nice.
RouteRiga to Athens
Date FlownApril 2019

"staff were friendly"

(Norway)

Trip Verified | Flew from Oslo to London via Riga, my experiences with both flights were great, staff were friendly and spoke good English, as well as Russian, German and of course, Latvian. I recommend flying with this airline.
AircraftQ400 / A220-300