AirAsia

AirAsia customer review

Round trip Bangkok to Chiang Mai. The problems started trying to book the flight online. A truly painful process and ended up a much more costly experience than first expected with extras and charges you even have to pay for choosing a seat. As for the flights outwards was fine but all I can say on the return leg is - if the company uses the same guidelines of employing non customer facing staff as they do with the customer facing staff then disaster is only a matter of time.

AirAsia customer review

MFM-BKK-HKT. Check-in was easy as I had prepaid for my luggage however I was unable to transfer my baggage at BKK and had to re-check my baggage. Flight was 30 mins delayed with very little updates. Once boarded the service was very professional and efficient. I had pre-ordered meals on both legs meals are quite cheap on the website however if you are hungry I would recommend having two meals.

(Thailand)

TAA has re-timed their CNX-SIN flight and this is much better although it is a late arrival in CNX on the return sector. My flight to SIN was slightly early but the return was almost 30 mins early into CNX arriving at 2235 instead of 2300. Boarding in SIN aided this and the aircraft with 55 pax pushed back 10 mins ahead of schedule but we lost that time waiting for a slot at the end of the runway! As per usual I ate at Changi and filled my water bottle from a fountain at the gate. 30 baht for their tiny bottle of water is a rip off. Looks like TAA is eating into Silkair's customer base as the latter has dropped its prices to about 1000 baht more than TAA but them there are no add ons and you get a free meal and beer. All in all I'm starting to warm to their Changi service after an indifferent start in January.

AirAsia customer review

DEL-BKK-DEL with AirAsia. I got promo fares of 7000 rupees aircraft was good and flight was good. Also seats comfortable. I enjoyed vegetable briyani and it was delicious.

(Thailand)

Shopping around I found that there was an excellent promotion fare with TAA from SIN to CNX. I used this service on day one in January and hoped that they could at least get it back to CNX on time. The flight has been retimed since earlier in the year and it seems to work as the flight got into CNX 30 minutes early (as opposed to 30 mins late in January). I ate at Changi airport avoiding having to buy their overpriced meals onboard. As is usual with Air Asia the flights are pretty routine and uneventful. The check in kiosks make life very easy when having no baggage and I was able to check-in well ahead of regulation time. Thai crew were polite and efficient and I noticed that the first officer was a woman (a first for TAA?). Don't see many of them in Asia!! I'm slowly coming round to the fact that if needs must then Air Asia is a viable option provided you shop around and don't just assume that they are the cheapest because they say they are. Disappointed to see that the fuel surcharge is back for my June trip to Singapore! The other problem I have with them is that in allowing 'everyone to now fly' they allow people to do so who frankly shouldn't be allowed out of their living rooms and have no idea of how to behave when travelling or worst of all why the crew handed out immigration cards before landing.

AirAsia customer review

RGN-BKK-RGN. Check in at Yangon International Airport hassle free. Flight call by seat boarding fine greeted by smiles and seated behind the emergency exit row. Landed at Bangkok on time and was first to receive baggage. Check in at Bangkok was okay but not as good as Yangon.

(Thailand)

BKK to Hat Yai (HDY) and noticed service deterioration. Flight retimed one month in advance and cause me minor itinerary problem (despite their offer to change to earlier or later flight). Only one Bag drop counter for internet/ Kiosk check in opened. Their advertisement that internet check in is quicker and hassle - free is totally untrue. Once on board A320 aircraft is new and clean but seat pitch is a very tight. Aptitude of the crew does not seemed to be as good as their earlier year. My friend who sit upfront tried to purchase chicken rice and was told that only curry is available but I was told later that I can only get chicken rice because my curry is finished.

(Thailand)

Took the inaugural flight from Chiang Mai to Singapore. To say it was just another flight would be an understatement. And it was 30 minutes late which is about par for the course with Thai AirAsia. No apology for being late. Their slogan is 'newest planes newest routes'. Well it wasn't their newest plane which was delivered in time for the start-up of the SIN service. Judging by the crowds assembled in SIN for the return journey it looks like they are marketing the flight at the SIN end. There was no hype at CNX and I haven't seen any media coverage of the fact that the flight has now started. Most of the passengers were non-Thai. Standard Air Asia service. I cant believe they charge 30 baht for a small bottle of bottle. If you get a promotional fare its good value otherwise shop around. Having done PR for major events including such new services I was sorely disappointed. Frankly Thai Ai Asia's product is far below that of its big brother in Malaysia and it shows.

AirAsia customer review

HKT-BKK. Online check-in down for several days. Attempting to check-in with a mobile proved both costly and fruitless until the day I was actually due to depart. I visited the Air Asia office on Thaweewong Road Patong a few days prior to departure and was informed that there had been a bomb scare at their offices which had negatively impacted their booking system but I didn't find anything on local news media to substantiate that claim. When I eventually did get the 2D barcode image on my mobile Air Asia's scanners at Phuket International appeared unable to read it. Fortunately there wasn't a queue at the Web Check-in desk and they were able to print the boarding pass for me instead. The flight departed 50 mins late but I had allowed ample time to my connecting flight to Dubai. But I would advise anyone proposing to fly with Air Asia where there is a connecting international flight to consider to allow ample time because flight delays and even cancellations are the order of the day on Thai Air Asia. On arrival at BKK a further delay of about 45 mins occurred because as I was informed by an airport employee Air Asia didn't have any staff to offload the luggage from the plane. Price wise when you add in all the add-ons together with the "Convenience Fee" the latter of which is the credit card charge there's not a lot of difference in price between Air Asia and there nearest rival Bangkok Air.

AirAsia customer review

HKT-BKK. Paid for 20Kgs of baggage on their scales at Phuket my case weighed 19.2kgs. 3 hours later the same bag (nothing taken out) weighed in at 16.8Kgs on Qatar Airways scales at BKK. Not the first time I have noticed such a discrepancy. Good value flight though promo ticket with baggage and taxes was around £20GB.