AirAsia

(Indonesia)

Flight from SUB-BKK-HKT-BKK and KUL-SUB. The service was very bad and the crew very rude. I flew to Bangkok and then Phuket and always got a seat that couldn't recline because the button was broken seat pitch was also very bad. The Low cost carrier Terminal in Kuala Lumpur was very bad ground crew very rude to passengers. Don't use this airline you'll be very disappointed with its service crew and much more.

(Vietnam)

We flew from SGN-BKK return in June 2012. I flew Air Asia ten years ago and found it was a fun inexpensive airline. How things have changed! It seems Air Asia is now all about squeezing as much money as possible out of the unsuspecting passenger. I can understand budget airlines charging more for the extra space of exit row seats but to charge you $11 extra because you have a medical condition that requires an aisle seat so you can walk during the flight or the same treatment to a passenger with motion-sickness being denied a window seat is a blatant rip-off. Your seat is selected randomly by a computer and if you don't like it then you pay $11 to change it. In Bangkok I tried to call Air Asia’s office 3 times but each call dropped out while I was waiting to speak to someone. The old 10kg baggage allowance has been reduced to 7 kg. (My carry-on wheeled backpack weighs 3kg) so that means I can pack not much more than my toiletries bag and a change of underwear before I exceed the weight limit. If you book on-line checked baggage fees and insurance are added unless you “uncheck” them. Boarding in BKK was a case of “first rush first aboard”. The flight itself was fine but the entire Air Asia experience leaves a lot to be desired.

(Indonesia)

SUB-BKK then BKK-HKT-BKK and last KUL-SUB. The crew was impolite and unfriendly. When onboard from SUB to BKK and KUL to SUB I always found that my seat couldn't recline because the button had broken the seat pitch also unacceptable. When I was in the LCC terminal the ground crew were impolite and not responsive. This airline may be value for money but if you have heavy luggage this airline is not for you. AirAsia really disappointed me.

(Indonesia)

CGK-SIN. 15 minutes delay but it doesn't really matter. Crews were friendly bought nasi lemak onboard and it was delicious. Too bad the announcement was bad because it seems like the announcer didn't know what to speak. Overall a great experience.

AirAsia customer review

GOLD COAST-KUL-BKI-KUL-GOLD COAST. Flights took off on time. Our pre-booked meals were hot and delicious. Service was good but seats were very uncomfortable as it had no proper back support. Online booking for KUL-BKI sector had us all in different seats so we had to pay again to sit together. LCCT needs to be torn down and rebuilt. The signboards and facilities are in dire need of improvement. Toilets are wet and slippery. The taxi coupon tickets are a blessing and I have discovered during our shopping trips in KL that the taxi drivers driving the red and white cabs will refuse to use the meters to charge more.

(Malaysia)

Flew from KUL-BKI on 27 May 2012. Service is awful. No direction whatsoever from the ground staff. Queue system was a disaster as there's no indication of which line to go to. The monitor didn't help at all and I have a couple going to KCH queuing in front of me and a group going to Kuantan behind me. What a mess. The staff at the check-in was busy talking among themselves while my flight is 40 minutes from departure. Went into waiting hall and straight directed to plane. End up waiting 40 minutes on tarmac because 2 gates opened simultaneously and the 2 planes are located on the same aisle. My flight end up with 2 passengers to Johor and it took them 40 minutes to find that out.

AirAsia customer review

Just flew 9 flights in total with Air Asia X and Air Asia: Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Vietnam - Vietnam to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Hong Kong - Hong Kong to Penang - Penang to Langkawi - Langkawi to Penang - Penang to Kuala Lumpur - Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast. Every flight was great staff were friendly and basically you pay for what you get. If you fly a budget airline and pay minimal cost for your tickets expect this and no more. For me this is my preference. My only criticism is around the minimal options for food and after pre-booking inflight entertainment and paying for it - it not being available. I believe improvements can be made in this area. Otherwise the seats facilities service is great - expect to get what you pay for and you'll be more than happy.

AirAsia customer review

BKK-CNX-BKK and BKK-DPS-BKK booked a year in advance for a bargain price during their annual promotion. 2 out of 4 flights were delayed by about 1 hour. Service onboard was good with friendly crew who were available throughout the flights. Seats were tight but bearable even for the 4.5 hour flight BKK-DPS. Baggage delivery was fast with less than 20 min waiting time on each sector. FD is nothing fancy you won't get pampered but if you can get a cheap fare and don't mind an occasional delay then Air Asia is the way to go.

AirAsia customer review

We travelled from Sydney to KL to Bandung and a few days later from Bandung to Denpasar. We were very satisfied with all aspects of the trip. We had paid for a meal on the Sydney to KL leg of our journey and the food was of good quality and enjoyable.

AirAsia customer review

Paid for allocated seats to Phuket at the cost of $150 received confirmation of these seats on boarding they just shrugged their shoulders and said the seats are already occupied. Not good enough spoke to customer service on our return and can not refund this is most unacceptable they have taken $150 from us and we did not receive what we paid for other then this service was good.