AirAsia X

"leg room was so small"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Denpasar to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur. The seat was not confortable and the leg room was so small. Definitely it is not recommended to travel with AirAsia X for a journey more than 2 hours. Entertainment system was not available on board. The flight attendants are getting better.
RouteDenpasar to Auckland via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2018

"We are now so frustrated"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | We bought return tickets in early March 2018, flying from Kuala Lumpur to Osaka in end October 2018. There were 2 cancellations made by AirAsia without notice. Both had no notice or email given until we noticed the changes ourselves when we were surfing the website to purchase add-on. The 1st cancellation was made somewhere in June to early July, original flight to Osaka cancelled and they moved it to 2 days later than the original. We filed complaints through email and Twitter, and expressed our dissatisfaction on the cancellation and changes without notice immediately, and request for flight change as the date is not preferable. Entitled for free reschedule, we moved the date to early November. The 2nd cancellation was made soon after the reschedule done in early July till early August, same scenario as previous, no notification! We noticed the changes ourselves in the website, filed another complaint through Twitter, and the only thing we can do is either get a refund or free reschedule. Nothing else. Noticed there were complaints about the delays and difficulties in getting the refund from Airasia, we decided to make another flight reschedule to late November. Our departure flight now is 2am on 24 November (tomorrow). And this early morning (today) we received an email informing us that there will be a delay in our flight for 2 hours. We are now so frustrated and yet worried there will be another delay in the flight later. Another note, the response from Airasia's customer care or support team is very disappointing. Response received from Twitter somewhat acceptable, which they took about 5 hours to 1 day to reply, but as long as you have decided the date to reschedule to, they somehow managed to get it done quickly. However, there was no response from our email complaints about the first cancellation that we made in mid-July, until end-August where we have already made our second reschedule (in mid-August) after the second cancellation without notice. And the email was only reflecting the first cancellation and first reschedule that we made in July. Soon after the email, Cancellation Notice was sent to my inbox to notify the first cancellation, after 2 months, and it wasn't even valid at that time anymore.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Osaka
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Very happy with the 2 flights"

(New Zealand)

Trip Verified | Amritsar to New Chitose via Kuala Lumpur. Very happy with the 2 flights I had with AirAsia X. Flights were on time. Staff were friendly. Very reasonable price. Seats are comfortable and leg room is sufficient.
RouteAmritsar to New Chitose via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2018

"more than 6 weeks to reply"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on low-fare ticket. Service was manic and disorganised, often bordering on rude. For an 8 hour flight I wasn't offered a free glass of water. Essentially they know you're going to pay. Emailed them with some feedback and took them more than 6 weeks to reply. Pay the extra and fly with an airline that actually has some thought about their passenger.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownMarch 2018

"not hearing a word from them"

Trip Verified | We bought return air tickets from AirAsia X for travelling from Kuala Lumpur to Sapporo-Shin-Chitose on last Sunday (9 Sep) and return on 17 Sep. A strong earthquake hit Hokkaido on September 6, damaged buildings and infrastructure, airport and caused many landslides, airport closure and power outages, AirAsia published an announcement on their website news room later on the same day for the service recovery options for guests traveling on these flights from 8 - 11 September. We were afraid most hotels, restaurants, and shops would remained closed, we decided to retain the value of our booking in AirAsia BIG Loyalty account. We monitored our mailbox and SMS closely but never receive an email from AirAsia for so called service recovery option. We called multiple calls to AirAsia Malaysia call centre and tried to reach to their customer support via LiveChat, Twitter, Facebook, and even wrote to them and completed e-form several times since 8 Sep till today 12 Sep. All methods we have tried but not hearing a word from them. We did not take flight but we did not get refund in any form. We bought value packs which includes standard seat selection. However, I noticed AirAsia is charging us the seats when we tried to select standard seats on the website after the booking is confirmed. Even we tried to get hot seats, the initial seats are not refund. There are many unhappy, frustrated customers like us.
AircraftA330-300
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sapporo
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"charged for the extra luggage"

Not Verified | Colombo to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur. My wife and I have travelled from Sydney to Trichy in July. I purchased the baggage for 25kg each but the actual weight was only 15kg each. The airline said that they cannot downgrade the allowance once it is paid. When we came back from Colombo to Sydney in August, we got 6kg over weight. Therefore I have tried to increase the allowance from 25kg to 30kg for each. I have spent about 5 hours in my phone and several attempts to increase the allowance, but the Airasia system did not allow me to do so. Although it is their system issue, I was charged for the extra luggage at very high rate at the Colombo airport and I was advised to get the refund at KLIA. The customer service person at the KLIA advise me to try the telephone customer support team. The telephone customer support team asked me to fill an eForm to get the refund. But the airline has treated me with suspicious instead of investigating the failure of their system. I have only requested the refund of surcharge fee at the airport (i.e. difference between the online fee and the airport fee for the additional luggage).
RouteColombo to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2018

"if approved I will get my money back"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. Upgraded to flatbed only to be advised on boarding that the seats were double booked and sent back to cramped seats with no leg room. Advised I need to request them to investigate via e-form to get my monies returned. Told the investigation may take a week or so and then only if approved I will get my money back for a service they never supplied. So far its cost me $800.00 for nothing. Not sure if they will refund or not. Thought I would give them another chance this time, what a mistake that was.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a few minutes error"

Trip Verified | I've flied with AirAsia many times, the seats are quite cramped and everything costs extra but the prices are very cheap when booked in advance. However at Kuala Lumpur (Klia2) airport I got lost and had a lot of luggage so I had to use the lifts which would only take me up one floor at the time - it took me ages to get to Departures. I was able to check in at the Self check in machines and I even got my luggage tags but when I arrived at the Baggage drop 5 min later, the staff said that she can't accept my bags anymore (the flight was leaving in 55 min). I went to complain to the Customer Service desk and the staff was very unhelpful and rude couldn't care less that I was going to miss a flight because of a few minutes error. I asked about different options and they only offered to "change" my flight for next day which would have cost me AUD 960 - I had paid AUD 160 for my flight. I ended up sleeping at the airport and taking another flight next morning through Bali with another company which was a little cheaper than the option that they had offered me.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast
Date FlownJuly 2018

"say thank you to him"

Not Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur. A male aircrew who had served me at the same flight made my worth experience with AirAsia X. I was kind of in panic at that time under strange surroundings and my bad condition with long journey. However, I was impressed when he asked me ‘may I help you?’ at totally out of his field and he took care me till I could go to my stay safely, more than 2h. As a person who does customer service too, I was more grateful that I can understand it is hard to do after hard-working. Doing so, even though I cannot really remember his name, I want to say thank you to him by this review. The moment inflight was not bad, it was right there what I expected. Nevertheless, his service- mind changed my mind to head to AirAsia again.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2018

"They refused to compensate"

Trip Verified | I recently had a flight from Sydney to New Delhi with a 1 hour 15 minute layover in Kuala Lumpur. Apprehensive about the layover, I called Air Asia customer care to check what happens if I miss my flight and I was assured that if the first flight is delayed, the connecting will also be delayed and I will not miss my flight to New Delhi. But I did miss my flight thanks to an hour long delay in Sydney. I was then asked to either stay at the airport for 5 days (I didn't have a Malaysian visa since it was transit only) or fly to another city in India and of course I picked the latter. But then I had to book another flight for myself early in the morning at for 2am to get to my home city with exorbitant charges. They refused to compensate in any way.
RouteSydney to Delhi via Kuala Lumpur