AirAsia X

"Children under 5 in sleeper cabin"

Not Verified | Children under 5 in a sleeper cabin? Fortunately the mother was very attentive to her children's needs however the half dozen times they did get upset and cry was enough to wake us each time rendering the choice of a sleeper cabin redundant and had we been informed of this we would have chosen a ‘hot seat’ saving 600 each. Also attitude of attendants was the worst we have experienced.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Very adequate service throughout"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Bangkok. Very adequate service throughout for a budget airline. Food small portions but tasty. Plenty of toilets and room to walk about. Nice clean aircraft left a little late but arrived early.
RouteOsaka to Bangkok
Date FlownOctober 2019

"would not accept our debit mastercard"

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Perth. On October 9th My husband and myself boarding on flight D7 239 at KL airport ready to come home to Perth. Our flight before was delayed so we had to rush to this flight at 11.25pm so that the plane could leave at 12:05am. During this time we had no time to get anything to eat at the airport as the boarding gates were already open for us to get on to our flight so we just figured we would order food and drinks on the flight. We got on the flight and asked if we could get a movie package to which they said yes. When it came to paying for some entertainment and food and drinks the lady would not accept our debit mastercard as that was all we had for payment. So for 5 hours we were hungry and thirsty with not even water to drink. Next time we will pay extra money to fly with a better and more efficient flying company.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Perth
Date FlownOctober 2019

"seat pitch is not satisfying"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Fukuoka. A refurbished older plane, boarding is quick with a full flight, crew was showing restlessly eager and impertinent at this midnight red-eye flight. Crew disappear after meal service. Dark mode cabin for passenger to rest. The Korean Sweet and Spicy Chicken (Dakgangjeong) prebook meal is hard and cold and seat 29K the seat pitch is not satisfying. Thanks to the tailwind we land early.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Fukuoka
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"did not get what I paid for"

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. The plane was delayed by 20 minutes because they were waiting for a passenger. I have never heard of this happening before. On the way back to Melbourne I was sitting in the hot seat which is positioned just at the back of premium class. The hot seat is in the quiet zone where there are supposed to be no babies, however there was a baby in premium class who was crying much of the time. I paid extra to sit in this area and did not get what I paid for.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they do great job"

Trip Verified | Gold Coast to Kuala Lumpur was an eight hour flight. Boarding was orderly. Announcements were few. It was a bit cramped in my row. I had a meal which was nice. I will fly them again as they do great job.
RouteGold Coast to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"their seats are so cramped"

Trip Verified | Phuket to Melbourne via Kualar Lumpur. Barely existent customer service and their seats are so cramped making a long haul flight a nightmare. The lights are on for a good chunk of the flight making it difficult to get any shut-eye. They have a nonsensical policy that phones must be "turned off" for takeoff and landing - not switched to flight mode, but turned off - and they enforce it. Prior to booking, there was an issue with the booking and trying to speak to their customer service left me fuming. Their Australian contact number was engaged on the 10+ times I tried to call it. To chat with them online you have to get past their online bot which is a real pain when it doesn't understand your problem. The person I spoke to was absolutely rude and unhelpful. The chat closes after 60 seconds of inactivity which is infuriating when you have to go off and find information.
RoutePhuket to Melbourne via Kualar Lumpur
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Delay after constant delay"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok Don Mueang to Osaka with AirAsiaX. Delay after constant delay. Even boarding the plane is delayed by half an hour. The motto of this company should be "never on time". Horrible experience, not even counting the nickle and diming.
RouteBangkok Don Mueang to Osaka
Date FlownJuly 2019

"overwhelmed by their service"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast return. The outgoing flight was okay, as a night flight there was nothing much to do but try to sleep. The return flight was a day flight which leaves OOL at 1035am. The crew on D7 201 from OOL to KUL on 6th July 2019 were the best airline crew I have ever encountered in about 40 years of flying! They were polite, pleasant, engaging and nothing seemed like too much trouble for them. I was just overwhelmed by their service and grace. Well done to Air Asia. The downside is that their seats are awful, they fit an extra seat into the A330 economy section which means 3-3-3 abreast instead of 2-4-2 in most other airlines. The seat width is terrible, aisles are very narrow but the seat pitch is okay. The food was good, plenty available for purchase on the way out but they seemed to run out of many things on the return flight to KL. The ground staff at KLIA2 are awful. The seem so ineffectual and when boarding, there was no announcement over the loudspeaker so everyone just got up to board, ignoring the families with kids and older people. They need to sort out their boarding procedures in KLIA2. The ground staff at OOL are a little brusque and in particular, a rude lady who was on the plane prior to departure. She snapped at passengers as the crew wanted to do a head count and some people were still standing to adjust their luggage in the overhead bins. I would fly them again just for the crew.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Gold Coast

"Most uncomfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Beijing to Kuala Lumpur. Most uncomfortable flight I've been on. The cabin was freezing. As a low-cost airline, a blanket had to be paid for and water also cost extra. Meals were provided to those who reserved in advance or buy onboard. No in flight entertainment, no place to charge electronics. The seats were hard and ramrod straight. I will not ever be flying this airline again.
RouteBeijing to Kuala Lumpur