AirAsia X

"the worst customer support"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Fukuoka. AirAsia has the worst customer support ever. I could not be able to reach them and been trying multiple days already. The only way to contact them is through website chat, which is a not so smart bot first if it cannot handle your request and try to send you to another link, that's where I have been wait forever. No email inquiry and no phone. The 24hour support is totally scam.
RouteBangkok to Fukuoka
Date FlownMarch 2020

"separated our group"

Not Verified | Our family of five (2 adults & 3 kids, aged 12, 11 & 7) recently flew Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne. Air Asia "auto assigned" seats at online check-in that separated our group, which placed our 7 year old seven rows behind the rest of the family even though there were plenty of seats of 5 together on the flight, leaving us no option but to purchase seats. Also, we hired their tablets for entertainment but one didn't work. The cabin crew advised us to contact their customer support who weren't interested.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"departed and arrived on time"

Trip Verified | Taipei to Kuala Lumpur. Flight departed and arrived on time. Was seated in the third last row so there was slightly more space as it was a 2-3-2 configuration for the last few rows as compared to the usual 3-3-3. Meal service was rather slow as it took a long time before anyone passed by for me to order some food. Cabin crew were hit & miss - Some were professional while some looked like they would rather be anywhere but serving customers on a plane.
RouteTaipei to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"found it a comfortable flight"

Trip Verified | Traveled from Kuala Lumpur to Chitose on Air Asia. It was an overnight flight. I found it a comfortable flight. Check in was easy and was able to relax when on board getting a window seat automatically allocated. I believe I had a spare seat next to me so I was comfortable. I will fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sapporo
Date FlownNovember 2019

"able to sleep a little bit"

Not Verified | I traveled from Kuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast on a rather full Air Asia X flight. I was able to sleep a little bit on the flight. I will fly them again.
RouteKuala Lumpur to the Gold Coast
Date FlownDecember 2019

"commend two cabin staff"

Not Verified | Kuala Lumpur to Sydney. I want to commend two cabin staff that were wonderful ambassadors on my flight back from Kuala Lumpur to Sydney on 24 November 2019. Their names are Krijana and Bina. They were the two most hardworking members of staff on that flight and the patience and courtesy displayed by them made my flight comfortable and enjoyable. They were friendly and patient and served passengers with a smile. I will fly Air Asia anytime as long as you have staff like these two young ladies.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2019

"an easy profit for them"

Not Verified | Perth to Denpasar via Lombok. It puzzles me that I can fly by AirAsia internationally and carry 23 kg then have to dump 8kg if my connecting flight is domestic with them. Where was I to put this, in the extra bag of course that I did not have. So at Rp100000+ per kilo excess that's an easy profit for them.
RoutePerth to Denpasar via Lombok

"pay for an aisle seat"

(Malaysia)

Trip Verified | Melbourne to Kuala Lumpur. I request for an aisle seat in the middle row. They say it is a full flight and I need to pay for an aisle seat in the quiet zone. I found out there were empty seats on this flight. I feel cheated.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Children under 5 in sleeper cabin"

Not Verified | Children under 5 in a sleeper cabin? Fortunately the mother was very attentive to her children's needs however the half dozen times they did get upset and cry was enough to wake us each time rendering the choice of a sleeper cabin redundant and had we been informed of this we would have chosen a ‘hot seat’ saving 600 each. Also attitude of attendants was the worst we have experienced.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Very adequate service throughout"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | Osaka to Bangkok. Very adequate service throughout for a budget airline. Food small portions but tasty. Plenty of toilets and room to walk about. Nice clean aircraft left a little late but arrived early.
RouteOsaka to Bangkok