AirAsia X

"give people the seat one paid for"

Trip Verified | I paid extra to get a quiet zone seat but they downgraded passengers to economy because they changed plane. No notice. I paid extra so I can get aisle but shoved in the middle. And they make make it impossible to ask for refund at the airport as they do not have physical counter at our airport. I know it is budget airline but at least give people the seat one paid for.
RouteKuala Lumpur to Melbourne
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"No tv’s for longer flights"

Not Verified | My flights had been cancelled and rescheduled with short notice. The customer service is a bot that isn’t helpful with your needs and when you do speak to someone it is hard to communicate in English. If you don’t book baggage it’s $60 for 15kgs and around $20 for every 1kg over. If I book my luggage earlier it’s 20kg for below $60. The lineups for check in were endless. So far when speaking to someone from AirAsia at the airport, they have been nice and helpful though. No tv’s for longer flights.
RouteSydney to Bangkok
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"the stroller had gone missing"

Trip Verified | We flew AIr Asia D7213 with 5 adults and an infant on Friday 13/1/2023 and checked in a baby stroller which was collected by ground staff at departure gate just before boarding at 3pm. Upon arrival at KLIA2, the stroller had gone missing and ground staff at Ground Team Red were incredibly unhelpful. We were told to complete the appropriate property irregularity report and left forwarding address for the stroller to be send if found. It has been 5 days and we have not heard from Ground Team Red and was unable to contact them. Meanwhile we have to purchase another stroller for use in Malaysia.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flights were delayed by 6-7 hours"

(Thailand)

Not Verified | AirAsia IS NOT READY to carry passengers after COVID hiatus! They sell you a 5am flight, but claim it leaves at 11pm, then on the day of departure you get a nasty SMS that "your flight was re-scheduled from 11pm to 5am". Now you'd have to book an airport hotel (owned AirAsia as well), get up at 5am, just to learn that the flight is "re-scheduled" AGAIN, now to 6.15am. Next 7am etc. Wasting WHOLE day of your holiday to sit in the worst terminal in SE Asia (KLIA). All you get is a 20RM meal voucher that NO SHOP accepts. Nobody of the ground staff knows what's going on, claiming it's a 'medical issue', but if you check past days departure times, ALL these flights were delayed by 6-7 hours! 200 people stuck in the airport, no hotel, no food, no information. Ruined holiday for all, and AirAsia is not even apologetic. Every single person of the ground staff just points finger at each other, and nobody knows what's going on and when the flight will leave. FLY SINGAPORE OR THAI, avoid Malaysia at all cost!
RouteKuala Lumpur to Sapporo
Date FlownDecember 2022

"pay for what you get I suppose"

Trip Verified | You pay for what you get I suppose. No in flight entertainment. No complimentary anything.., not even a cup of coffee. And worse they lost my checked bag. After I did everything they asked. Was there well above their asking time. Waited patiently in line and they STILL lost my bag on a direct flight.
RouteMelbourne to Bangkok
Date FlownDecember 2022

"flight was rescheduled 4 times"

(Malaysia)

Not Verified | Was suppose to fly at midnight, but the flight was rescheduled 4 times and is now leaving 13 hours later. Every few hours I get a notice of reschedule. I spent Rm1k to change to this date to make the wedding and I will now miss it and lose the rm1k flight change fee that I paid. Worse airline and will never fly AirAsia again.
RouteMelbourne to Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownDecember 2022

"wait for 5 months to get my money"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight on 10th December, refund takes 5 months. Now I have to wait for 5 months to get my money. People in the chat or rude and no respect.
RouteSydney to Tiruchirappalli via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownNovember 2022

"used to love this airline, but not anymore"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur. The worst online chat that I have used. I have an AirAsia X voucher that was automatically given to me even though I wanted a full refund. When I finally went ahead to book a D7 flight as per the terms and conditions, my voucher code did not work. I read through the whole T&C and deduced that it should work. Staff could not offer any alternative and kept asking me to refer back to the terms and conditions or alter the flight date/route. The problem is not the flight, it is the voucher. He did not seem to get it. I used to love this airline, but not anymore.
RouteMelbourne to Taipei via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I'm still waiting for my money"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | AirAsia X cancelled my flights last April 2020. After confirming they were refunding my money in 10 weeks nothing happened. It´s 2021 and I'm still waiting for my money.
RouteBrisbane to Bangkok
Date FlownApril 2020

"they stated my case was closed"

(Thailand)

Trip Verified | I was amazed at their decision of a no reply email sent to me after 9 months of trying for a refund to my personal account in which you had already promised me and have registered. I was promised a refund of money to my bank  9 months ago after many hour and emails talking to the computer generated eva--- covid 19 shut Australia. I have still not received, when i enquired they stated my case was closed.
RouteKrabi to Gold Coast via Kuala Lumpur