AirAsia Philippines

"staff were crass and unrefined"

(Philippines)

Verified Review | Cebu to Manila with AirAsia. The positive thing is that they are very affordable especially when you book a week before and all the flights have become quite pricey. The downside is that more often than not, you get what you pay for in terms of quality and service. As I was boarding back to Manila the gate staff were extremely rude and unpleasant. They tore my boarding pass carelessly without a bit of finesse. When I passed they abruptly went after me and rudely said that they had to weigh my bag. They weighed it and it exceeded 1 kilo more than the allotted 7kg. I brought the same things I did when I came to Cebu last week so I was surprised, but they demanded I pay. Luckily I have someone with me who’s carrying less than 4 kg worth so they got my excess 1kg but the staff were extremely angry and unpleasant. It made my flight tense and uncomfortable. The plane was half empty by the way. Staff were so crass and unrefined for the hospitality business. I understand that for a low-fare airline we get what we pay for but I don’t think it should come with cheap staff and cheaper service. Truthfully, AirAsia is a big help to a lot of people and travellers, but would it hurt to treat them with respect?
RouteCEB to MNL
Date FlownMay 2016

"a lot of bad excuses"

(Denmark)

Verified Review | Manila to Tacloban with AirAsia Philippines. First problems with the check in, the day befor we traveled from Copenhagen to Manila we had 2 bags with 25 kilos each, but when we check in the next day there is 8 kilos too much and we didn't add anything? And they told us the flight is delayed about 3 hours because of problems with the runway. It was around 5 hours delay in the end and we didn't get any food or water the first 4 hours form AirAsia. Just a lot of bad excuses so they don't have to do anything.
RouteMNL to TAC
Date FlownMay 2016

"delayed our flight again"

(Philippines)

Our flight from Manila to Hong Kong from NAIA Terminal 3 was delayed by an hour. Our flight was supposed to be at 6:15pm and they delayed it by 2 hours (8:15pm). At the time, that was tolerable. But going back, they delayed our 6:50pm flight and already told us before the day that they delayed our flight again for 2 hours (8:15pm). Then today, they delayed it for almost 3 hours (10:50pm). We've been at the airport since 4.45pm. I don't think I want to fly AirAsia ever again.
RouteMNL to HKG
Date FlownMarch 2016

"was delayed 8 hours"

Flight from Kalibo was delayed 8 hours. Arrived in Seoul at midnight when the rail system is shut down. A bus provided to Seoul Station but this is useless as only a hotel is helpful now. Requested hotel but was denied. No remuneration or anything for 8 hour delay. Planes don't even have a flap on the back of seat to put your water.
RouteKLO to ICN