AirAsia Philippines

"at best mediocre"

Trip Verified | Manila to Puerto Princesa. I’m not sure how some travelers rate this airline above a 3. Nearly every encounter I have with them is at best mediocre (can’t get seats together with my travel companion) to horrible. Horrible includes the fact that they are always delayed but if you are running behind they charge you a $100 “rebooking fee,” which is about what it cost for a ticket anyway. But they will tell you that a ticket costs $200 one way, which is nonsense. If I could find another way to my destination I would never fly them again. They price gouge and are inconsiderate. In fairness, their staff although appearing to work in a chaotic environment, are courteous. I sympathize with them for working for such a terrible airline.
RouteManila to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownMarch 2019

"get credit card charge refunded"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | I purchased a round trip for my in-laws to visit us in Korea and made the reservation by phone direct to Air Asia Philippines. After accepting and charging my card successfully, their fraud/review department declined the transaction on the same day. I was only able to find out by calling them again the day before the flight. My in-laws ended up paying in cash at the counter in Manila and made the flight. One month later, I am still trying to get my credit card charge refunded. After 4 different support case numbers, I am still waiting 'for their investigation' even though I received an email stating the refund was made/authorized one month ago. My bank shows no incoming transactions and Air Asia would not/could not provide their transaction number that initiated the credit card refund and state that the delay is from inaction by my bank.
RouteManila to Seoul
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"refused to allow her to board"

Trip Verified | I booked a ticket via Expedia for my girlfriend to fly from Cebu to Manila on 14th January at 17.40. The flight was confirmed to me via email along with the seat number allocated. However, when she arrived at the Air sia desk they refused to allow her to board saying that the ticket was not paid for. I insisted that the payment was made but they still refused to allow her to board. The following day I noticed that my account had been deducted for the full cost of the flight from Air Asia. I wrote to Air Asia to complain about the service and demand a refund. I had a letter of apology from them yet more than 15 days later still no refund.
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"missed my international flight"

(China)

Trip Verified | The fight got delayed from Kalibo to Malina for almost 3 hours on Jan 1, 2019, for that I missed my international flight, when I asked them for a solution, they rebooked my flight which is 2 days later, they said that's the only flight with an available seat. I have to bear all the losses, my schedule has been shattered, I have to pay two days accommodation fee and extra costs, but those were not the worst part. At the check-in counter, I asked the check-in lady to provide me with a paper for the delay, so my hotel I was supposed to stay could redeem me, the lady reassured me that they would bring the paper at my next check in, that is Jan 2 10 pm, flight took off at 00:05 am, and I asked them to not forget the paper. On my next check-ins, no paper, the check-in lady was not willing to help anyway, she is very reluctant, I asked her many times, she just said "wait", still nothing is done.
RouteKalibo to Malina

"so many hidden fees"

Trip Verified | Clark to Cebu. At first, I was very happy with the price. But then I went to fully pay and the credit card processing fee was a whopping 15%! That is insane. Then I get to the airport and they tell me my toothpaste and wires need to be checked! They assured me that this was normal. I had to pay a lot extra for a checked bag and then they had a terminal fee, again overall so many hidden fees that made me furious. Just give me the right price, not some made up price and in nowhere in the world is it ok to charge someone 15% on a credit card.
RouteClark to Cebu
Date FlownDecember 2018

"a good experience"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Taipei. It was our first time flying AirAsia. The flight turned out well, the ride was safe. We experienced some turbulence because of the bad weather, but overall it was a good experience. The seats were a little tight, not enough leg room. If you’re looking for an aircraft for short distances, try Air Asia. We also flew with AirAsia going back from Taiwan to Manila. The flight was better, and the plane and boarding were on time.
RouteManila to Taiwan
Date FlownJuly 2018

"cannot fault their service"

Trip Verified | Davao to Manila. Swift checking again, having used this airline many times when travelling internally in the Philippines and I cannot fault their service. Crew are always friendly, cabin always clean more so price wise very competitive.
RouteDavao to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2018

"A very pleasant experience"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Davao. A very pleasant experience. The flight was so smooth and relaxing. We had a great time. The plane arrived ahead of Schedule and we arrived at our destination almost 30 minutes earlier. True value for the money we have paid. I will be flying with this airline again.
RouteManila to Davao
Date FlownJune 2018

"more hassle than I'd like"

Trip Verified | Bangkok to Manila round trip. Don Mueang to Manila was 1 hour late and the return leg nearly 3hrs late due to technical problems with the aircraft. Check in in Bangkok was a zoo, Manila a little better. Flights themselves were no frills fine apart from the delays and in neither case did the captain apologise for the delay or even acknowledge it. Fare price was cheaper than Philippine Airlines or Cebu Pacific but routing through DMK instead of BKK resulted in more hassle than I'd like. Not a good choice if you have connecting flights.
RouteBangkok to Manila
Date FlownMay 2018

"There was little legroom"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Manila to Puerto Prinsesa. Flight was not delayed, our flight was 5:55 we were boarded 5:20. But the aircraft didnt leave until 6:20. While waiting inside the aircraft I can hear was how annoyed the cabin crews at the back. The crews were not friendly. There was little legroom. I’m writing this review while waiting for my delayed flight going back to manila.
RouteManila to Puerto Prinsesa