AirAsia Philippines

"over an hour delayed with no explanation"

Trip Verified | Awful airline, avoid at all costs. Firstly it was over an hour delayed with no explanation. The organisation by the staff was a total mess. Then herded into buses to get to the plane and left waiting on the bus for nearly half an hour while those in the previous flight got off (why couldn't this be done before?). Then totally inflexible and clueless cabin crew and took forever to get bags the other end (again zero communication or explanation for this, no respect for customers).
RouteBoracay to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2022

"can't recommend at all"

Trip Verified | On Sunday 13/11/22 I was going back from Iloilo to Manila and had a connection with Emirates. Between 2 and 3 am I got an email that my flight is delayed by like 4 hours. Of course I was only aware of this around 8 am when I woke up. So needed to rebook the Emirates flights which I barely managed to do because of time concerns and cost me an extra 260 pounds. Also what if I can't rebook it how do I get home? When I asked for some kind of compensation they answered since I didn't have an insurance I am not eligible for one. All I got was a little rice with McDonalds chicken and some water. If this was not enough after we boarded they made us wait another hour inside the plane so the originally 13:15 flight took off around 17:50. The first 25 mins they announced, but the rest was not communicated at all. This was my first and last travel with the company. I am disappointed and can't recommend at all
RouteIloilo to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2022

"human element to this flight was excellent"

Trip Verified | Late late late. A short trip from Boracay (Caticlan) back to Manila. We were originally booked on flight Z2 224 buy when we checked in at Caticlan (MPT) they moved us to the earlier Z2 226 because 224 was delayed. 226 ended up delayed anyway, so we were still late. Whilst I cannot recommend them based on punctuality, the cabin crew were lovely (and apologetic), the seats were fine (we had 8D and 8E, so quite near the front) but looking at Flight Radar 24, the plane is 15 years old and this was very noticeable. I had a snack on board and a coffee, and these were distinctly average. The human element to this flight was excellent (ie the cabin crew) but everything else was average at best, and bad at worst.
AircraftA320-200
RouteBoracay to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I cannot fault this flight"

Trip Verified | I cannot fault this flight - a short hop from Manila to Boracay. It's only a 45 minute flight, we left on time and arrived early. Like many budget airlines, Air Asia doesn't offer major luxury or anything, but for the price paid, for the punctuality, the polite cabin crew, I was very happy. I travelled with my partner in seats 6A and 6B, and being at the front we were very comfortable and able to disembark quickly.
AircraftA320-200
RouteManila to Caticlan Boracay
Date FlownOctober 2022

"I still don’t have refund"

Trip Verified | Booked flight to connect with my international flight arriving in Manila. Airasia brought forward the flight to a time which I couldn’t make due to my flight arriving later than the rescheduled time. Tried many times to get refund but just get invalid claim due to flight not being cancelled by AirAsia. There is no way to get in touch with them to get refund. I still don’t have refund.
RouteManila to Tagbilaran
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"again there will be delay of flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I booked a connecting flight from Manila to Tacloban few weeks ago then Airasia cancelled and rebook my flight 1hr after my arrival from international flight. Then when I tried to re book the customer service is doesnt want to entertain my issue. I had no choice but to rebook it the next flight. I have waited 9 hrs at Manila then 2 hrs before the scheduled departure they announce again there will be delay of flight.
RouteManila to Tacloban
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"so many schedule changes"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. I’ve never known an airline that makes so many schedule changes a few hours before boarding time. We’re already on our way to airport then suddenly I receive an email from them that our flight schedule have change from 6pm boarding to 10pm. I cannot recall how may times they’ve change our schedule but i got home at 1am. I will never fly again with Airasia!
RouteBacolod to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2022

"so many schedule changes"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. I’ve never known an airline that makes so many schedule changes a few hours before boarding time. A few days ago they’ve changed the flight time to 6 hrs later, and on the day of the flight, they’ve changed it to at least 4-5 times. When I got to the check in counters, it’s the longest of lines I’ve ever seen in different queues with literally no one specifying which category is which.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownAugust 2022

"thus far refused to refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | AirAsia Philippines has thus far refused to refund the sum of a cancelled flight back to my bank account, even though it promised to do so. Out of all airlines I have used, this one seems to be the worst. There are no words for the lack of service I have received after putting so much trust in them.
RouteOsaka to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2022

"need to try and up their game"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Hopeless airline for advance planning and reserving hotels etc. Twice now I have booked AirAsia from Clark to Catilclan and both times they have changed the flight dates with only one month before flying. For Boracay it is a requirement to have pre-booked hotel accommodation so this now has to be changed - assuming we can. Last time we had to book an extra night in Caticlan as the flight date and flight time were changed. Why are they so useless at planning their schedules. Trying to book and then change hotel dates is a nightmare with Air Asia flights. They need to sort out their schedules in advance and stop being unprofessional. I know they are a budget airline but they need to try and up their game and stop behaving like one.
RouteClark to Caticlan