AirAsia Philippines

"I still don’t have refund"

Trip Verified | Booked flight to connect with my international flight arriving in Manila. Airasia brought forward the flight to a time which I couldn’t make due to my flight arriving later than the rescheduled time. Tried many times to get refund but just get invalid claim due to flight not being cancelled by AirAsia. There is no way to get in touch with them to get refund. I still don’t have refund.
RouteManila to Tagbilaran
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"again there will be delay of flight"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | I booked a connecting flight from Manila to Tacloban few weeks ago then Airasia cancelled and rebook my flight 1hr after my arrival from international flight. Then when I tried to re book the customer service is doesnt want to entertain my issue. I had no choice but to rebook it the next flight. I have waited 9 hrs at Manila then 2 hrs before the scheduled departure they announce again there will be delay of flight.
RouteManila to Tacloban
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"so many schedule changes"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. I’ve never known an airline that makes so many schedule changes a few hours before boarding time. We’re already on our way to airport then suddenly I receive an email from them that our flight schedule have change from 6pm boarding to 10pm. I cannot recall how may times they’ve change our schedule but i got home at 1am. I will never fly again with Airasia!
RouteBacolod to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2022

"so many schedule changes"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Worst airline ever. I’ve never known an airline that makes so many schedule changes a few hours before boarding time. A few days ago they’ve changed the flight time to 6 hrs later, and on the day of the flight, they’ve changed it to at least 4-5 times. When I got to the check in counters, it’s the longest of lines I’ve ever seen in different queues with literally no one specifying which category is which.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownAugust 2022

"thus far refused to refund"

(Japan)

Trip Verified | AirAsia Philippines has thus far refused to refund the sum of a cancelled flight back to my bank account, even though it promised to do so. Out of all airlines I have used, this one seems to be the worst. There are no words for the lack of service I have received after putting so much trust in them.
RouteOsaka to Manila
Date FlownJuly 2022

"need to try and up their game"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Hopeless airline for advance planning and reserving hotels etc. Twice now I have booked AirAsia from Clark to Catilclan and both times they have changed the flight dates with only one month before flying. For Boracay it is a requirement to have pre-booked hotel accommodation so this now has to be changed - assuming we can. Last time we had to book an extra night in Caticlan as the flight date and flight time were changed. Why are they so useless at planning their schedules. Trying to book and then change hotel dates is a nightmare with Air Asia flights. They need to sort out their schedules in advance and stop being unprofessional. I know they are a budget airline but they need to try and up their game and stop behaving like one.
RouteClark to Caticlan
Date FlownApril 2022

"still waiting for a refund"

Trip Verified | The worst experience with dealing with an airline, that I have ever had in my life. My two friends and I booked 3 flights with AirAsia as it came up as the cheapest option on our routes. What are the odds of one airlines messing up all three flights? Well, somehow AirAsia managed to do exactly that! Two flights they cancelled before our travels commenced. This meant we had to rebook our flights with a different airline at a much higher late as it was closer to the travel date. More than 2.5 months after AirAsia cancelled their flights, we are still waiting for a refund. They are taking this long to refund us for flights that they cancelled. I have followed up multiple times with no success. The third flight was moved earlier about 4 hours, which was frustrating as we had to get up at 4:30am to be able to get to the airport on time. It was annoying but we did it because we were just grateful that they didn’t cancel this one. At the airport it was absolute chaos, they had one single queue for all of their flights, so we stood in line for about 2 hours for check-in. It was getting close to the time that our flight check-in time was going to close, so we proactively approached the ‘last call’ desk to let them know the situation and request that we be able to check-in. The Air Asia staff at the counter told us we couldn’t yet as our flight hadn’t been announced for last call and to return in 20 minutes. So, we waited for 20 minutes as she had told us to and returned to the last call desk to check-in after that. Now their staff told us that we were too late to check-in and we couldn’t board the plane? After telling us 20 minutes ago that it was too early for last call check-in and to wait for 20 minutes, they changed their story and said we had missed last call check-in and were unable to board. The first staff member had given us incorrect information, her superiors apologised for her miscommunication but still would not let us board our flight. AirAsia took zero responsibility for the mess that they caused. We had to book our flight with another airlines for 3x the price of our original flight plus bear the cost of the missed Air Asia flight. We also had to wait at the airport for 4 hours and miss the activities we had planned for that day.
RouteManila to Cebu
Date FlownJune 2022

"seats should be purchase online"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | This is the airline I experienced that the system will choose the seat number. We are 3 on board, checked in 5 hours before the flight, checked in together and how come that we are seated far from each other. As per the staff, seats should be purchase online. Really? Way to make money! Our flight was rescheduled and there is no even sign of gratification even having just the great service to compensate the delay.
RouteManila to Panglao
Date FlownJuly 2022

"decided to cancel my flight"

Trip Verified | Second time i have flown with AirAsia Philippines, reason being the flight time was ideal for my connection coming in from London, it gave me 2 hours to transfer from Term 1 in Manila to Term 4. Well that's what i thought until Air Asia decided to cancel my flight and transfer me to a flight some 7 hours later with no explanation. Upon checking in no apology was given, however my blood shot did cause a stir, i explained it was a burst blood vessel which was confirmed by my doctor in the UK, the member of staff on check in, told me to wait as she needed to consult her supervisor. I was told by the supervisor i needed to see a doctor who was based at the airport, i tried to explain but he wasn't having any of it, it was either i saw the doctor or i wasn't be allowed to fly. Eventually i was seen, firstly by a nurse, who took my blood pressure & asked me a number of questions about my eye, i did inform her that i was not feeling any discomfort, no itching, no blurred visor, in-fact nothing at all. Even telling them i had flown some 7000 miles for 15 hours from London with no problem. The doctor as soon as she arrived said it was ok for me to fly if i sign an indemnity, after all that i asked why they were so interested in my eye, yet no tests / questions were ask regarding Covid, no answer. Once on board all was ok, I am not a mask wearer as this is not required at home, i know "when in roam" but within the airport & on the plane I was never asked to wear one.
RouteManila to Davao
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not allowed to get my money back"

Trip Verified | One of the worst airlines have to deal with. Air Asia cancelled the round trip flight from Cebu, Philippines to Davao, Philippines for June 25, 2022. Requested via email to refund my money but refused. Was credited the amount for further flights but explained to them that I no longer am able to fly with the airlines because I am just gonna be there on vacation. Why am I not allowed to get my money back when the Air Asia was the one who cancelled the trip not me. Just like a lot of reviews online with Air Asia, it is very very very hard to request anything from them. They will make you go through a lot of verification and protocols over and over again. Such a disappointing experience considering this is my first time with them.
RouteCebu to Davao