AirAsia Philippines

"no respect to customers"

(South Korea)

Trip Verified | Cebu to Davao. Has been delayed and delayed with no reason? My flight Is at 7am. Has been delayed with no reason to 8:30am, they start to say “due to operation” and delayed again to 9am and announced again with just saying “further delaying” to 10am. I’m not sure if I can take this flight today. There’s no respect to customers at least have to provide a reason or something.
RouteCebu to Davao
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"couldn’t get in the flight"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Worst experience with an airline. Very disappointing I bought a flight ticket to Hanoi with a transfer in Kaohsiung, Taiwan. The Taiwan government site says I do not need a transfer visa as long I don’t leave the airport. However AirAsia doesn’t have the facility that allows me to remain in the airport without a visa, so I couldn’t get in the flight and they didn’t refund me. They should have given the information when the purchase made.
RouteCebu to Kaohsiung
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"record of the transaction"

Trip Verified | Cebu to Puerto Princesa. The web site is slow and if you get it to work it will not be transferred to the airline. I paid twice for additional baggage to be told at the counter there was no record of the online transaction.
RouteCebu to Puerto Princesa
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Kite bag wasn't accepted"

Trip Verified | Davao to Manila. Kite bag wasn't accepted as sports equipment. I've been to kite festivals in Philippines, China and Indonesia and never had a problem. The thing that made me mad was when the supervisor laughed at me when I paid the extra money.
RouteDavao to Manila
Date FlownNovember 2019

"no information provided, no apology"

Trip Verified | Puerto Princesa to Manila. Flight was delayed for 1hr 20mins with no notification. Only realised when the boarding time exceeded its stipulated time and no ground crew were seen at the counter at all. After half an hour, the crew finally appeared. Asked the ground crew what time was the flight arriving and they said they don't know, just wait, with a bored face. Flight finally departed 1hr 20mins later which caused me to miss my next connecting flight. No notification, no information provided, no apology and no help rendered.
RoutePuerto Princesa to Manila
Date FlownOctober 2019

"changes every minute"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Our flight was smooth at first. We enjoyed our trip from Manila to Cebu. But during our return to Manila, our flight was delayed from 5pm to 5.50pm then to 7.20pm to 7.10 pm to 7.25 pm and lastly to 7.50pm. Due to these changes every minute, we have been confused and were not able to go to the gate 20mins before the final time of departure. We arrived 6 mins late and were not accepted on the gate. Our flight was forfeited and we need to book another flight to be able to return to Manila. It was so devastating and heartbreaking as we have to incur another expense to return to Manila that costs us same price of round trip from Manila to Cebu and vice versa.
RouteCebu to Manila
Date FlownAugust 2019

"seat comfort is good"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | Manila to Taipei. This is really good, the flight attendants were pretty kind when entering the plane. They have food I like, the seat comfort is good and the landing is smooth.
AircraftA321neo
RouteManila to Taipei
Date FlownJune 2019

"have been delayed"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | Singapore to Cebu. Very sad about this airline. I have flown with them 3 times and all my flights with them have been delayed.
RouteSingapore to Cebu
Date FlownJuly 2019

"No reasons for the delay"

(Philippines)

Trip Verified | No reasons given for the delay. They'll just announce that there is delayed and that's it. 2 hours delayed without nothing. And no timing as well if which time will it depart. It's difficult for us traveller of if we dont know anything regarding the flight. There are some reason that are valid or not but still have the right to know.
RouteManila to Kalibo
Date FlownMay 2019

"could not carry on a regulator"

(Philippines)

Not Verified | I flew round trip from Davao City to Cebu. On the flight to Cebu I had my dive gear in an Akona Bag and was going to carry-on my regulator. They stopped me at X-ray and told me I could not carry on a regulator, so I had to go down a check it in as a checked bag. Coming back from Cebu. I prepaid for 25 kilos for my dive gear but did not tell them it’s sports equipment. So, when I checked the Akona bag in, they said it’s sports equipment and I would have to pay between p3000-5000. They said I cannot put clothes in with sports equipment. I only had that bag and a carry-on back pack for me and my girlfriend. They said I have to take the clothes out and put them in a separate bag (which I did not have). He called his supervisor and let me get away with the way I had it this one time only.
RouteCebu to Davao City