AirAsia India

"applied for cancellation"

Trip Verified | Pune to Jaipur. I paid for a flight I didn't even get on due to lockdown. I applied for cancellation right away but so far got nothing in return for that flight. And since the day I applied for cancellation I kept contacting the flight but they kept wasting my time for a month and still I got nothing.
RoutePune to Jaipur
Date FlownApril 2020

"staff didn’t let board"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi. Reaching 30 minute before departure time, the staff didn’t let board. I got stuck in roadside traffic on the western expressway. I requested a lot with the available staff but he didn’t listen my request and denied. I complained on AirAsia India feedback but they just close my case without any investigation or taken any steps.
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"refund in the form of credit points "

Not Verified | AirAsia India is not customer-oriented air carrier. In Covid-19 spread issue, they are allowing to cancel tickets but refund will be in the form of credit points which can be used later. And allowing to reschedule the itinerary with payment of ticket difference amount.
RouteHyderabad to Bhubaneswar
Date FlownOctober 2019

"no telephone service outside India"

Not Verified | Melbourne to Amritsar via Kuala Lumpur. This is one of the worst airlines out there in terms of getting into contact with. They have no telephone service in countries outside India so it is impossible to get into contact with them when you need help. Their AVA service on their website is completely useless. For the low price, which is technically not because with all the add ons such as seat prices and bag prices all add up to be normal prices of flights with other airlines.
RouteMelbourne to Amritsar via Kuala Lumpur
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"cabin bag bigger than permitted size"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bangalore via Hyderabad. We had extra luggage of 6 kgs and we were ready to pay for it, but the lady responsible for our check in was determined to make us pay extra (first she told for 1kg extra luggage we will have to pay 580, which should be 400, we were 2 people and the total check in baggage was exact 30 kg - one 18 and other one 12 - she said if we pay her 1100 extra, then only she will be able to allow both luggage, then she said that the cabin bag is bigger than permitted size and we will have to pay extra. It was a very bad experience for me since I had to move a lot of things right over there in order to balance the weights.
RouteDelhi to Bangalore via Hyderabad
Date FlownMarch 2020

"cancellation charges will apply"

Not Verified | I booked my flight from Chennai to Delhi in February, travel date March 21st. 4 tickets including 2 kids. Because of coronavirus I asked to cancel my ticket. But they told me cancellation charges will apply. This critical situation also they not waive the cancel charges. Return flight I booked with IndiGo, they waive the cancel charges and refund full amount.
RouteChennai to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I was pleasantly surprised"

Not Verified | I was pleasantly surprised with the quality Of AirAsia India. In fact the cabin crew was really 5star in service, especial thanks to Manthan the cabin crew purser on our flight from Pune to Jaipur on 9th March.
AircraftA320-200
RoutePune to Jaipur

"even changed the seat"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Srinagar via Delhi. Selected the flight due to least trouble of not changing the plane at Delhi and paid extra fare for seat selection. It was good till we landed at Delhi. There I was handed a new boarding pass and was made to run from one plane to another boarding gate undergoing the security once again. The airline had changed the flight and even changed the seat as per their choice without a word of sorry.
RouteMumbai to Srinagar via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"the flight was quite nice"

Trip Verified | Bengaluru to Mumbai on Air Asia India was taken this early morning and the check in process was smooth enough at Bangalore where after getting the boarding passes printed out at the kiosks. As my check in baggage weight exceeded the 15kg free allowance as I had extra luggage packed, I was made to pay around 375 Rs for every extra kg and the staff there were generous enough to waive off 1 kg extra in exchange for a South Indian breakfast on the flight which was reasonable enough. The boarding started on time and there was some nice funky boarding music being played and the seats were comfortable enough although on longer duration trips, it could be uncomfortable. The flight departed on time and even though the flight was full, the crew were very nice and after takeoff I even got the South Indian breakfast which consisted of an idli, medu vada with sambhaar and upma. The meal was decent enough although if one has to purchase this directly in-flight, it was quite pricey at around 350 INR and maybe the quantity does not justify the price. But then again, low cost carriers aren't exactly known for being generous when it comes to inflight food and beverages. Landing was on time and retrieval of the baggage was also swift. I would say that the flight was quite nice and even though low cost carriers try to maximize revenue through ancillary services (meals / excess baggage) they provide the best functional experience when it comes to taking you from point A to point B. And Air Asia does that pretty well. I cannot think of any area which was lacking on this flight. Keep it up.
AircraftA320 Neo
RouteBengaluru to Mumbai

"Need to learn a lot"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Chennai. Not on time departure. Senior crew member doesnt know how to respect the passenger. Went on to an argument with the crew for money exchange. I was not handled properly. Didnt get a message either for the delay I had to rush and come later found the flight was delayed. Staffs in Airport were awesome. Corporate meal info was not mentioned on the ticket. Need to learn a lot from Indigo.
RouteDelhi to Chennai