Air Transat

"Outrageous customer service"

Not Verified | We booked for a 3 week vacation. After 6 days at resort we received an email telling us we had to come home at the end of 2 weeks with a full refund for 1 week hotel accommodation credited to our credit card. Several emails and phone calls and no response to either myself or my travel agent. We have been home for 10 weeks. Outrageous customer service. Right now not certain will use again! Especially after they changed our departure airport from London to Toronto and only offer take it or leave it offer. Cost us extra money for Hotel and food both for departure and arrival. Plus: hour drive both ways and we are Seniors.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Still waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | Still waiting for a refund. My family and I were due to fly on 25th July, 2020. Flight was cancelled. I was promised a refund on 5th August but advised it would take 16 weeks. 7 months later nothing. Utterly appalling behaviour.
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2020

"informed me I would receive a refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Has Anyone actually received a refund from Air Transat ? We were due to fly from London Gatwick to Vancouver on 1st October 2020, but they cancelled the flight. On 2nd September 2020 they informed me I would receive a refund. I am still waiting. It is now the beginning of February,. This is very bad customer service.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Stick with reputable airlines"

Not Verified | 5 months later and still no refund for cancelled flight. I get that covid is an issue but 5 months is disgusting. Spoke to them and incredibly unhelpful and wouldn't even tell me who I was speaking to. Will never use again. Stick with reputable airlines.
RouteLondon to Montreal
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"they were very rude and refused to make any change"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed. You would think that the airline would make an effort regarding customer service amid a pandemic and higher uncertainty regarding travel dates. I needed to switch dates for my round trip and I was willing to pay an extra fee, and they were very rude and refused to make any change even with high additional charges. Will not book with them again.
RouteParis to Montreal
Date FlownDecember 2020

"lost my trust and my business"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight only to have it cancelled days later. When I called a few weeks after to follow up on the refund they told me it would be several months as they are currently still catching up on refunds from March! Almost as if they are only selling flights for the quick cash just to cancel them? Absolutely disgusting. They have lost my trust and my business. I will never fly with them again and will encourage everyone I know to go with more respectable airlines. Do yourself a favour and save your money!
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2020

"only offer a voucher"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with the customer service of Air Transat. They cancelled our flight due to COVID19 and do not give us the full refund and only offer a voucher. According to Canadian Law, if the contract is frustrated, customers have the right to receive full refund, but the airline does not want to take this into consideration. Even though, my was from Orlando and US DOT require airlines to provide full refund due to the COVID19, they do not care to follow the requirement.
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"will not be flying in the future"

Not Verified | Very disappointed to learn after Air Transat cancelled our flight no refund would be issued - only a credit. I realize Covid-19 is an extreme situation but it is extreme for family as well. In the USA - the agency responsible for the airline industry had the backs of every American when the airlines attempted to do the same. The Dept of transportation (DOT) required airlines to issue refunds. So disappointed that the Canadian Transportation Authority will not require the same. We have enjoyed the direct flights to many destinations through Toronto but will not be flying in the future. We will stick to US flights to ensure we are covered financially should an event to this magnitude occur again. Fellow travelers - Buffalo and Niagara Falls airport is only a little more than an hour away - consider protecting your airline investment in the future by flying through the US! Good luck and stay healthy.
RouteToronto to Miami
Date FlownApril 2020

"flights were excellent"

Not Verified | This review is not about the airline, aircraft, flight crew, etc. The flights were excellent. It is about Air Transats affiliation with Europcar car rental company. They caused us problems during our 6 week vacation in Portugal plus they are still, almost a month since we returned home, charging our credit card with a $600 unauthorized charge. Also we have been trying to recover our "security deposit" of 300 euros that was promised after the car was returned. They correspond but don't answer questions as to the extra charges on our credit card. I checked the reviews for this company and 89% of the people reviewed gave it the lowest rating possible, many with similar complaints regarding questionable & probably illegal credit card charge transactions.
RouteFaro to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"need to work with my travel insurance"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Cancun. Extremely dissatisfied with Air Transat regarding their integrity - lack there of. Flew from Calgary to Cancun, checked-in one suitcase. When awaiting my baggage in Cancun, it took a substantial amount of time for the bag to come on the belt. When I finally retrieved my suitcase, I found the lock broken, and items stolen from my bag. I immediately contacted the airline, and was told to wait at least 6 weeks for a response. I received a letter back apologizing, but said I need to work with my travel insurance company for any liability, as stolen items are not covered by the airline. I left my luggage in the care of the airline - and this is what happens. I'm very disappointed in the lack of resolution and lack of seriousness from the airline.
RouteCalgary to Cancun