Air Transat

"courteous and friendly"

Not Verified | Great service. Staff were beyond polite, courteous and friendly. Only airline on time from Cayo Coco to Ottawa. The Captains of the plane were very good and kept us up to date about both flights.
RouteOttawa to Cayo Coco
Date FlownMarch 2019

"no outlet to plug my phone into"

Not Verified | Toronto to London Gatwick. I’m usually pretty prepared for flights, I board and see that there’s no tv which is no biggie because being prepared as I usually am I had downloaded lots of games, movies, and music to my phone. So you can imagine my horror after realizing that not only was there not a tv but no outlet to plug my phone into, meaning I wouldn’t be able to use my phone the entire flight to save the battery for when I arrived in London because I would need google maps to get to my new apartment. I politely asked one of the flight attendants if there was anywhere I could plug my phone in and he was very rude. I fly very frequently at least once a month and I will never fly with this Air Transat again.
RouteToronto to London Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"experience was completely positive"

Trip Verified | After reading negative reviews, we were dreading our first ever flights to and from Puerto Vallarta with Air Transat. We were very pleased to find out that our experience was completely positive. The check-in desk staff and flight attendants were helpful and cheerful, our seats were normal economy size and we had plenty of legroom. Movies were played on both flights. We were given complimentary drinks and the food for purchase was delicious. We had no delays or other problems and wouldn't hesitate to fly with Air Transat again.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver

"We were disappointed"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. When we arrived at counter for checkin the behavior and attitude of staff was very bad. When we sat in the plane it was announced that there is no water in the washrooms and during the flight no tea or coffee will be provided. I am Muslim and were traveling with group of 4 no water in the washrooms means we can't use Washroom because we Muslim use water in the washrooms that is part of my faith. We were disappointed with both situations.
RouteGatwick to Toronto

"not very kid friendly"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Cancun. I found this company to be very unorganized and not very kid friendly. I called before the flight to verify the number of bags we were allowed to bring free of charge. When we arrived to depart they tried charging me for 3 bags. Which I refused to pay for but they said I would have to pay on my flight home. They forgot to put priority tags on 1 of our bags and we had to wait about 15 minutes for it.. not fun with 3 tired kids. We had to ask them to put a movie on and it was NOT kid friendly. On our flight home they mixed up our seats from what we had selected and we were not able to sit with my parents. Making it difficult with 2 9 month olds and a 3 year old.. my parents even paid for Options Plus so they could select seats beside us. When I brought this up to the staff in Cancun they were very rude and offered no solution. I had to remind the staff once again to put our priority tags on our baggage on our return flight. The movie on the way back had a lot of violence and sexual content. Not good for my 3 year old to watch. Only thing going for Air Transat is the extra leg room.
RouteWinnipeg to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2019

"very helpful and polite"

Not Verified | I had great service. everyone was very helpful and polite. I had a severe anxiety attack and they were very helpful. they gave me a cold compress and relaxed me. I would certainly fly Air Transat again. thanks a lot to the staff of flight TS486.
RouteMontreal to Kingston
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"sympathy and compassion they gave"

Not Verified | I just got off the phone with Air Transat in Montreal and had to immediately write a review for the outstanding customer service I had been given. I had booked a flight for June from Calgary to London for my mom, however, due to circumstances, my mom was not able to go anymore. I had called Air Transat very unhappy and upset and asked if there was anyway I could get a refund for the flight as it was a lot of money for our sisters being students. I talked to the agent and asked if there was anyway I could get a refund or a little bit back. She was so patient and so so kind, she talked to the supervisor, and when she came back on the call and told me the good news, and that I was approved to get a refund on my ticket. I could not believe the sympathy and compassion they gave me and understood the situation I was in. Thank you so much.
RouteCalgary to London
Date FlownJune 2018

"Worst customer service"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto. Worst customer service. I had to go back to my destination sooner because of emergency. So I went to the airport 10 hours before my initial flight. Air Transat Staff asked me to call the customer service, they said they couldn’t help me. After 47 min waiting someone to answer my call, they casually asked me 350$ to modify a 75$ flight ticket. No decency.
RouteMontreal to Toronto

"No entertainment"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. Worst ever. No entertainment, no USB charger. For 10 hour flight, it is very hard to fly with kids. This was our first international flight which has nothing. Disappointed.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"food from Toronto was terrible"

Trip Verified | Porto to Toronto. An airline that simply does not care. First and last time using this airline. Flights were delayed without any update, vacation time is spent sitting at the airport. I realize they are inexpensive Airline, but there are lot of expenses besides airline tickets, like hotels, excursion. Inflight food from Toronto was terrible.
RoutePorto to Toronto