Air Transat

"one of our luggage never came"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Zagreb, I wish we had one good thing to say except one friendly flight attendant that made small chat. The rest of the staff seemed out on a mission to make passengers suffer. I was woken up from sleep bc the mask slid off my nose. To make it more interesting, while having the meal, the flight attendant reminded me to have a mask on. At the end of the flight an attendant reminded me to have the seat up. I showed her by pressing the button that the seat is broken, it doesn’t go up. She pushes on it and again it doesn’t move. She gets angry and argues that she is doing her job. She brings another attendant who says that the attendant is doing her job. I repeat, the seat is broken. She pushes the button. The seat doesn’t move. At That point she is shaking the seat with full force and two hands manages to move it up. And to end the trip one of our luggage never came. It’s been 4 days now and there has been no communication form air transat on the status of our lost property.
RouteCalgary to Zagreb via Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"understanding, very polite and very helpful"

Not Verified | I would like to thank Twyla Tracey, who was a great help to me on two occasions. She was very understanding, very polite and very helpful. This was the first time booking online and I ran into problems, and she was able to help me sort everything out. This is a big thank you to Twyla.
RouteCalgary to Montreal
Date FlownJune 2022

"overall Air Transat experience was pretty lacklustre"

Trip Verified | While the staff on this flight were fine, the aircraft and overall Air Transat experience were pretty lacklustre. The plane felt extremely tired and dated - no screens, the USB outlets didn’t work (apparently this was the case for the whole flight), the beverage options were tiny and the inflight entertainment system worked for all of 5 minutes, and then stopped. They charged $11 for headphones, which people were unable to use due to there being no TVs, etc. This was a completely different experience from our other flight with Air Canada, who had USB A and USB C outlets, as well as standard AC outlets, had the screens with a bunch of entertainment options (movies, shows, maps), the drinks were standard size drinks (ie, a full soda can) We’ll definitely avoid flying Air Transat again, as it appears they cut costs in comfort.
AircraftA231CEO
RouteVancouver to Montreal
Date FlownJune 2022

"No effort is being made to locate our baggage in a timely manner"

Not Verified | Terrible customer service! Airline lost ours and about 10 people's bags on the flight to Calgary. Upon landing, there were no Air Transat employees at the Calgary Airport to help. An airport employee helped everyone file a report and we were told that we would be called the following day. 5 days later and still no call. We have tried emailing and calling multiple times. No answer when calling, no call back after leaving multiple messages. We received an email back and were told that they can't access our file until 7 days after the flight. We even went back to the airport to try and talk to someone in person - also no help. An Air Canada employee was actually much more helpful than anyone from Air Transat. No effort is being made to locate our baggage in a timely manner. We were planning on camping in Banff on this trip, however, all of our camping gear is in the lost baggage. We are now forced to go buy new gear (tent, sleeping pads, etc.) or pay $300 a night for a hotel in Banff. Baggage gets lost, it happens. However, this customer service is atrocious. Never recommend flying Air Transat!
RouteToronto to Calgary via Montreal
Date FlownJune 2022

"3 hours delay with no explanation"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | 3 hours delay with absolutely no explanation why the flight keeps being postponed every 45 minutes. This is not an airline, it is horrible service.
RouteToronto to Montreal
Date FlownJune 2022

"Options Plus is not not worth one dime"

Trip Verified | Paying for Options Plus is a scam. You supposedly changed the rules of what you receive as a Plus. In Toronto I was registering in Economy and not Options Plus (as no one was there) for a flight that was leaving for 9am. I was told to go to gate C2 for boarding. My partner and I sat there for 2 hours and no one said that the gate was changed. Luckily we started to notice no one at our gate and checked the screen. Oh yes, Gate got changed. There was no announcement. What I am most shocked about is that on top of the fee that I was charged Options Plus I still had to pay another fee for seat selection. In the past, everything was included under Options Plus. So I'm in the plane now and then find out that you don't get a meal with Options Plus or any of the other amenities any longer. Well let me tell you for the fee that you charged me for Options Plus is not not worth one dime. Now I'm in Punta Cana coming home and again it didn't matter if I was under Options Plus - I could have been in the line-up for Economy. So the only benefit I found when you pay for Options Plus is that you get your baggage first - that's it. In total for 2 ppl, $316.00 was charged. I have been flying with Air Transat since about 2008/2009, and this is now the last time. In addition, while staying at the Bahia Principe in Punta Cana and 3 days before we were returning to Canada, we could not locate the Air Transat rep to find out when the bus was picking us up for the airport. All the other airline reps were there everyday, except her representing Air Transat. When she did finally show up, she was rude that we were making her accountable for not being around. Then in speaking with the other ppl taking the same flight as us, they had made comments that they couldn't find Air Transat rep at the same resort we were at. Anyway it is my fault for not checking that the amenities that were included under Options Plus, no longer exists and I feel that I got so ripped off.
RouteToronto to Punta Cana
Date FlownJune 2022

"won’t travel with this airline again"

Trip Verified | I’m having this flight for the second time and it was late both of the times. This time we had to wait for 5 hour and we were not even informed earlier. We got to know about the delay when we checked in. I won’t travel with this airline again.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"It is impossible to speak to anyone to sort out your problems"

Not Verified | Voicing what other reviewers have said, Air Transat call centre/customer service is non existent. After waiting for hours, you still don't get a chance to talk to anyone. The option to add a suitcase before 24 hours so you can pay a little less was impossible to achieve on their website or app. I have been on the phone with them for 1h30+ and did not manage to speak with anyone. On my flight to Toronto from London, the cabin crew pointed out I could speak with the Air Transat people who would be waiting at the gate. I explained my issue about adding my suitcase for my return, and their answer was still you need to call this number, and they would pick up this Canadian number in 15 minutes. I said I couldn't call from Canada because I don't have a Canadian phone, and asked to call from theirs - of course the lady looked at her colleague nervously smiling and told me she wasn't allowed to do so. When speaking to people in the check-in area, they explained in most areas they are sub-contracted employees from Air Transat and they cannot help with anything else than paying for your luggage when you get to the airport 2h before your flight. It is impossible to speak to anyone to sort out your problems - avoid at all costs! Additionally, how ridiculous is it to charge extra for luggage on a Trans-Atlantic flight? Furthermore, food in the plane is stingy and borderline inedible. Kudos to the cabin crew though, working in that environment I am sure they put up with every day, they were quite lovely.
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownJune 2022

"Luggage is sitting in Montreal"

Not Verified | Writing this on Sunday night, we flew Wednesday. Luggage is sitting in Montreal, Transat knows where it is and still won't send it. It's starting to feel personal at this point. I would try Air Canada, West jet or a Euro company before Transat as they really don't seem too concerned about our family's trip at all.
RouteToronto to Lisbon via Montreal
Date FlownJune 2022

"aircraft did not offer a bassinet"

Not Verified | I had a very hard time getting in touch with customer service, over an hour wait. I originally spoke with an agent before booking who confirmed the availability of seats with extra leg space as I was travelling with 2 kids by myself. Of course, after paying and booking the air Transat agent said there were only 2 seats available and I had to let go. Two agents were giving me conflicting information and I asked to speak with a manager- they said you will have to wait an "unknown" amount of time which can be a few hours! It was also disappointing that a aircraft with a long flight to Europe did not offer a bassinet. They claim the seats are bigger in this new aircraft but I did not feel that was the case. I also tried to modify our return booking- I wasn't able to do so via the App or website, I kept on getting an error message and had to call customer service and wait for more than an hour. I travel a lot and this is by far the worst airline service- never to be repeated.
RouteToronto to Manchester