Air Transat

"it is not covid safe"

Trip Verified | I flew on flight TS932 from Toronto to Vancouver in August 2021 and the flight attendants were rude and unsafe. The flight was packed, and half the flight was not wearing masks. The flight attendants made no effort at all to ask people to put their masks on, I felt very unsafe. One of the flight attendants stopped to have a conversation with the couple beside me in French. They complained about how rude and unfriendly people from Ontario are, they said people from Ontario are lazy for not learning French, the flight attendant agreed and said that our accents are so terrible when we speak French that we shouldn’t even try. After that conversation the flight attendant gave the couple beside me free wine and beer. I found that entire conversation to be extremely insulting and ignorant, they assumed that no one on the flight could speak French simply because we were flying out of Toronto. On top of all of this the man in front of me reclined his seat fully, and was basically laying in my lap the entire flight, I’m not sure why they built the chairs like that, but it is not covid safe.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2021

"we want to thank our 2 stewards"

Not Verified | If you download there site it makes it so easy to know what to do, it removed a lot of stress for me has you know Covid restriction keeps on changing but they are always on the ball service. On the plane excellent, we want to thank our 2 stewards flight 837, Nicholas and Eric, two nice guy that gave us excellent customer service. We are flying again in March with them not premium class this time but I’m sure the experience will be the same. Thank you for making our trip memorable from the beginning through the end.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"They no longer answer the calls"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them and bought 2 pieces of luggage. They rescheduled my flight with another airline with 1 luggage and told me to buy the second luggage yourself and we will refund you. It’s been almost a year that they did not process my claim while they say their process time is up to 3 months. They no longer answer the calls. I was on hold waiting for more than 2 hours twice.
RouteMontréal to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Expedia is denying the free change"

Trip Verified | I bought an Air Transat ticket through Expedia (big mistake -- Expedia is the worst.) It says on the itinerary that Air Transat changes are free and on AT's website, they say all flights/all ticket classes include free changes if purchased before August 31, 2021. (Mine was purchased in May 2021.) Expedia is denying the free change. I waited an hour on the phone with Air Transat for them to say it's not their issue but Expedia's. If you sell through Expedia, you're responsible. The agent on the phone said that the only way to resolve these issues is by conference call with both Expedia and Air Transat. I asked how I could do that and she said she did not know how it's possible to arrange such a conference call.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2021

"had to pay another 40$/luggage"

Trip Verified | Since I was a kid I traveled with this airline, we always had the same carry-ons, but this time we had to register two of them as normal baggage, because the wheels couldn't fit in the small box sizing them, which meant we had to pay another 40$/luggage. After explaining ourselves, we said we would like to pay for one of them only, because if we knew, we would've brought one bigger luggage that fits the containing of both carry-ons. Not wanting to understand, the only thing the supervisor could say was: "These are the policies, we understand but we can't do anything" he talked to us as if we had no understanding of anything that was going on, he would repeat the same exact thing in the same condescending monotone way for about 5 times. After understanding he would not want to do anything to accommodate, I told him "Ok, you can leave then". His reaction was : going behind the counter and asking the person working under him "what is their security number" as if we did something that requires security. I literally just said, "Ok, you can leave then". I am still amazed that a supervisor would have this reaction, I think he was trying to find a way to intimidate us. Also, just so you know, don't register or verify your carry-ons, just take them with you, pass the customs, and they will take them for free at the boarding area.
RouteMontreal to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2021

"still have not received a response"

Not Verified | My flight was canceled for COVID-19 back in March of 2020. I was approved for a refund, but they refunded to a card that was paid off and closed. My bank refused the refund, so the money was sent back to Air Transat. Air Transat refuses to provide me with a refund through another route, they have stopped answering my chat messages, and "coincidentally" my calls are now dropped every time I call customer service. They had told me getting a letter from my bank confirming the refund was refused would help. I sent the letter via email to the correct address given, checked in two times since, and still have not received a response there either. They have essentially blocked me on all avenues of communication, even though I was never rude or confrontational.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2021

"offered a credit for future travel"

Not Verified | The flight I booked was cancelled as a result of Covid. I requested a refund which was rejected by Air Transat, instead they offered a credit for future travel. I spend my winters in Mexico and Air Transat is no longer flying to Mexico, a credit is useless to me. I only fly to Mexico.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refused to give us back our money when the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | My flight was from Montreal to France and was schedule to depart in September 2020. Due to covid 19 the flight was cancelled. Vouchers were sent for us to make reservations in the next 2 years instead of giving us back our money. The reservation was for 4 people and was nearly 3K Can. dollars. We had pay well in advance approx. 6 months before the scheduled flight, Air Transat did not make any effort in re-paying its customers. They kept our money for over 1 year, until the government of Canada bailed them out. We have finally received our money back in May 2021. I am very upset that Air Transat kept our money and refused to give us back our money when the flight was cancelled. I will never, ever, ever book a flight with this company again, and I will never, ever recommend anyone from using Air Transat for a vacation or a flight, and this goes for all of the Canadian airline companies which use their customers money as a bargaining chip to negotiate with the government!
RouteMontreal to France
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Outrageous customer service"

Not Verified | We booked for a 3 week vacation. After 6 days at resort we received an email telling us we had to come home at the end of 2 weeks with a full refund for 1 week hotel accommodation credited to our credit card. Several emails and phone calls and no response to either myself or my travel agent. We have been home for 10 weeks. Outrageous customer service. Right now not certain will use again! Especially after they changed our departure airport from London to Toronto and only offer take it or leave it offer. Cost us extra money for Hotel and food both for departure and arrival. Plus: hour drive both ways and we are Seniors.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Still waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | Still waiting for a refund. My family and I were due to fly on 25th July, 2020. Flight was cancelled. I was promised a refund on 5th August but advised it would take 16 weeks. 7 months later nothing. Utterly appalling behaviour.
RouteLondon to Toronto