Air Transat

"on the tarmac for over an hour"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. Left Toronto an hour late, but landed in Vancouver fairly close to our arrival time of 10:30 am. Stuck on the tarmac for over an hour, finally moved the plane over to another gate and de-planed. Two hours after de-planing my bag has yet to make it down to the baggage carousel. I'm not alone, they managed to offload about half the bags an hour ago, but nothing since.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"All around disappointment"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. All around disappointment 2 and half hours late with no explanation. The plane had no food/snacks on it the representative at the resort (Moon Palace) was more interested in trying to sell us some dinners and other garbage then actually answering our questions all in all will never fly with this joke of an airline again.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"Back was turned on me. No follow up"

Not Verified | Glasgow to Toronto with Air Transat. The Attendant Call Button has to be pressed as water was streaming down from the air conditioning unit. I understand during landing it is not possible, however, on landing the call button was outrightly ignored. On disembarkation I asked if the Attendant would like to know why the Flight Button was called. Attendant held hand up to my face and said it was a leaking air conditioning unit. Back was turned on me. No follow up. I was soaked. No customer safety demonstrated.
RouteGlasgow to Toronto

"the icing on the cake"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Cancun. You often hear of negative stories when it comes to airlines despite the fact that they have to manage thousands of travelers in the course of a day with few problems arising. I’d like to share an absolutely great news story that really shows how above and beyond Air Transat was in helping my family out when we were in dire straights and had given up hope. On Friday, January 3rd, my wife, 2 kids, a 9-year-old daughter and 6-year-old son, were supposed to be going to Mexico for a week vacation. We arrived at the airport, went through the self serve check-in terminals to get our baggage tags and then moved on to the luggage drop off. Following luggage drop off, I realized that we were missing our passports and our other travel documents. We became very worried when we couldn’t find them following a scan of the nearby area. We had lost our passports between baggage tag check-in and baggage drop off. A short distance traveled - how could this be possible? I asked several of the Air Transat staff in the area for help. They alerted all staff that if they found something to let us know. They also had a few people search with me around the area. Tracing our steps, we remembered that we had taken off our jackets and packed them in our luggage prior to luggage drop off. Were the documents in our luggage, packed with our jackets? Air Transat employees contacted the gate who worked with the ground crew at retrieving our luggage as we rushed to the gate to open them up praying that our passports were there. We were very close to missing our flight. We opened the luggage, and nothing was there. I decided to leave the family at the gate and go back to the check-in to see if there was any progress. With a very helpful employee that saw me in distress, we checked in all the garbage, under the check-in machines, on the conveyor belts at the check-in station. The passports and documents were gone. And we had missed our flight. At that point, I thanked the staff, realizing that our Mexican holiday needed to be postponed. We got in the car on the way home children crying, and both my wife and I very stressed. We started making plans at rushing to take passport pictures, go to the passport office and pay for expedient service and hoping we can save at least part of our trip. The raw emotions of anger, despair, exhaustion and self-doubt were unbearable. On the way home I received a text from one of the staff. They had found one of the 4 passports. I couldn’t believe it! I then got a call about 10 minutes later. They had found 2 more! They had sent the Airport staff to go and inspect the length of the conveyor belt within the airport where the luggage’s traveled. Even though we had left the airport they didn't stop looking. We got home with fingers crossed. If they could only find the last one the trip may be saved. We got the call. They had found the 4th passport. They had to check every crevice around the conveyor belts which travel for several kilometres within the airport. They actually had to have someone climb into a few tunnel-like areas to get into some sections. We were so grateful and was going to call our travel agent to book us on the next available flight. Air Transat staff said we shouldn’t worry about that. The next flight out was at 4.30 that evening, and they can rebook us on that flight directly with no cost to us. This was the icing on the cake.
RouteToronto to Cancun

"Very disappointing"

Not Verified | Puerto Vallarta to Vancouver with Air Transat. Nice plane and flight crew, but flight departed 2 hrs late and once arrived had to wait over an hour for bags, with explanation. Very disappointing.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver

"Service was very slow"

Trip Verified | Service from Toronto to Punta Cana was excellent. Punta Cana to Toronto was not as good. Service was very slow for drinks and food. We were a party of 2. My food was cold and asked to reheat, 20 minutes later, flight director brought my food but my partner was already finished. I told her it’s too late now and had mentioned service was really slow, there was only 12 seats? She said , well it takes time to reheat food and the steward was new with little experience, then why is she doing Club Class. I found the Director very rude and didn’t care. I love Air Transat over other airlines and I hope this is a one off. This was a Christmas present to my partner to be in Club Class, not cheap! The resort we stayed at Be Live All Adult was terrible for 2 weeks and then we get more of the same coming home. Disappointing!
Seat TypeFirst Class
RoutePunta Cana to Toronto
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"seat spacing is so small"

Trip Verified | Ottawa to Cayo Coco. This is my first review I have done for an airline. The seat spacing (seat pitch 32 inches) on this Boeing 737-800 is so small I can barely move. I would never take a trip with this airline.
RouteOttawa to Cayo Coco
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"The staff were excellent"

Not Verified | Toronto to Rome. I found Air Transat to be a great airline. The airplane was nice with purple lighting after everyone settled down. The seat space was comfortable. The staff were excellent. I required extra help and they were efficient, kind and discreet. Keep up the great work. I will fly Air Transat again.
RouteToronto to Rome

"crew were so genuine"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. Was served a meal with drinks and then half hour again drinks from the cart then another hour after that Hot snacks with bar drinks and finally sweets before landing. The crew were so genuine and smiled. They were so tolerant with this kid who was always in their way.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I paid for one carry on"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. I paid for a ticket for one carry on, and the site says a carry on up to 10kg is free. My carry on was less than 10kg, but staff asked to put my other item on the scale to put it over. They said one of the items needs to be discarded or I have to pay £50.
RouteGatwick to Toronto