Air Transat

"I was refused to check in"

Trip Verified | Today, while trying to check in my bags I was refused to check in as the service person said there was a damage on my passport, the ink was peeling and it's like an accident, it can happen, if you spill water or something, you cannot get a passport replaced in 30 min! I had other documents with me to prove I am who I am. Air Transat didn't let me get on board and would not allow me to get to Mexico for the holiday. I bought through Expedia a package and the tickets for my husband and I were over $1600. We could not get into the airplane and now I tried to contact you over the phone and you don't want to refund me or give me a credit for a flight you did not allow me to get in. And I am not even adding that I paid extra for seats and check 1 bag. I don't have extra $ to just throw away and you are keeping my money for a service you didn't allow me to use for no fair reason. Air Transat is not immigration and should not refuse me to get on board for such reason.
RouteCalgary to Cancun
Date FlownApril 2019

"told my bag was too big"

Trip Verified | Fort Lauderdale to Toronto. I flew to fort Lauderdale on April 12th with no issues or problems but when I was leaving on April 16th 2019 it was horrible. I traveled with one carry on bag and and they said the flight was full and asked if anyone wanted to check their carry on bag for free they can. I volunteered but when I got to the gate counter I was told my bag was too big and that they will have to speak to the supervisor about it. When she arrived (myriam), the supervisor said I had to pay. I must say this experience was a eye opener and I wont fly with them again
AircraftTS133
RouteFort Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownApril 2019

"can’t sit where I wanted"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. I paid for seat selection for aisle 15 a and b. One day before the flight they sent me a email stating they moved me to 28. When I called the said that someone was in my window seat on 15 so I decided to stay with 28. As I boarded they said I had no choice but had to move as I had a cane. My mobility was not that compromised so I was offended and said I paid for more leg room. I had no choice and got moved to a terrible seat. With a possible option of a refund. I got that seat for a reason now I can’t sit where I wanted. Terrible company
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

Air Transat customer review

Trip Verified | Calgary to Toronto. Had read a lot of reviews on Air Transat at couple of different places and had kind of high hopes from the airline. Was sadly surprised to note the poor state of the aircraft and ground staff members. The staff took forever to begin their check-in counters, to begin the bad experiences that followed. And very cramped seats to make all hopes disappear. Cheap for a reason. Hope not to fly the airline again.
RouteCalgary to Toronto

"courteous and friendly"

Not Verified | Great service. Staff were beyond polite, courteous and friendly. Only airline on time from Cayo Coco to Ottawa. The Captains of the plane were very good and kept us up to date about both flights.
RouteOttawa to Cayo Coco
Date FlownMarch 2019

"no outlet to plug my phone into"

Not Verified | Toronto to London Gatwick. I’m usually pretty prepared for flights, I board and see that there’s no tv which is no biggie because being prepared as I usually am I had downloaded lots of games, movies, and music to my phone. So you can imagine my horror after realizing that not only was there not a tv but no outlet to plug my phone into, meaning I wouldn’t be able to use my phone the entire flight to save the battery for when I arrived in London because I would need google maps to get to my new apartment. I politely asked one of the flight attendants if there was anywhere I could plug my phone in and he was very rude. I fly very frequently at least once a month and I will never fly with this Air Transat again.
RouteToronto to London Gatwick
Date FlownMarch 2019

"experience was completely positive"

Trip Verified | After reading negative reviews, we were dreading our first ever flights to and from Puerto Vallarta with Air Transat. We were very pleased to find out that our experience was completely positive. The check-in desk staff and flight attendants were helpful and cheerful, our seats were normal economy size and we had plenty of legroom. Movies were played on both flights. We were given complimentary drinks and the food for purchase was delicious. We had no delays or other problems and wouldn't hesitate to fly with Air Transat again.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver

"We were disappointed"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. When we arrived at counter for checkin the behavior and attitude of staff was very bad. When we sat in the plane it was announced that there is no water in the washrooms and during the flight no tea or coffee will be provided. I am Muslim and were traveling with group of 4 no water in the washrooms means we can't use Washroom because we Muslim use water in the washrooms that is part of my faith. We were disappointed with both situations.
RouteGatwick to Toronto

"not very kid friendly"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Cancun. I found this company to be very unorganized and not very kid friendly. I called before the flight to verify the number of bags we were allowed to bring free of charge. When we arrived to depart they tried charging me for 3 bags. Which I refused to pay for but they said I would have to pay on my flight home. They forgot to put priority tags on 1 of our bags and we had to wait about 15 minutes for it.. not fun with 3 tired kids. We had to ask them to put a movie on and it was NOT kid friendly. On our flight home they mixed up our seats from what we had selected and we were not able to sit with my parents. Making it difficult with 2 9 month olds and a 3 year old.. my parents even paid for Options Plus so they could select seats beside us. When I brought this up to the staff in Cancun they were very rude and offered no solution. I had to remind the staff once again to put our priority tags on our baggage on our return flight. The movie on the way back had a lot of violence and sexual content. Not good for my 3 year old to watch. Only thing going for Air Transat is the extra leg room.
RouteWinnipeg to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2019

"very helpful and polite"

Not Verified | I had great service. everyone was very helpful and polite. I had a severe anxiety attack and they were very helpful. they gave me a cold compress and relaxed me. I would certainly fly Air Transat again. thanks a lot to the staff of flight TS486.
RouteMontreal to Kingston