Air Transat

"flights were excellent"

Not Verified | This review is not about the airline, aircraft, flight crew, etc. The flights were excellent. It is about Air Transats affiliation with Europcar car rental company. They caused us problems during our 6 week vacation in Portugal plus they are still, almost a month since we returned home, charging our credit card with a $600 unauthorized charge. Also we have been trying to recover our "security deposit" of 300 euros that was promised after the car was returned. They correspond but don't answer questions as to the extra charges on our credit card. I checked the reviews for this company and 89% of the people reviewed gave it the lowest rating possible, many with similar complaints regarding questionable & probably illegal credit card charge transactions.
RouteFaro to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"need to work with my travel insurance"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Cancun. Extremely dissatisfied with Air Transat regarding their integrity - lack there of. Flew from Calgary to Cancun, checked-in one suitcase. When awaiting my baggage in Cancun, it took a substantial amount of time for the bag to come on the belt. When I finally retrieved my suitcase, I found the lock broken, and items stolen from my bag. I immediately contacted the airline, and was told to wait at least 6 weeks for a response. I received a letter back apologizing, but said I need to work with my travel insurance company for any liability, as stolen items are not covered by the airline. I left my luggage in the care of the airline - and this is what happens. I'm very disappointed in the lack of resolution and lack of seriousness from the airline.
RouteCalgary to Cancun
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Thank you to the crew"

Not Verified | Lisbon to Toronto. Thank you to the crew operating flight TS 733 on Monday March 16th. Amazing service. Despite the corona virus fears, this crew worked intensely to maintain a positive attitude. We waited for almost 2 hours in the plane upon arrival due to the high number of passengers at Customs. The Captain kept all passengers informed and calm. Thank you !
AircraftA330 200
RouteLisbon to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"requested Credit for 3 tickets"

Trip Verified | I purchased 8 tickets to travel from Vancouver to Cancun in April 2020, due to covid-19 situation three of our company can’t make it. Called Air Transat and explained the situation and requested Credit for 3 tickets, just credit for future tickets not a refund. The answer was no and I had to let $2000 go to waste and told that they can’t to anything. I was expecting a little help in this situation.
RouteVancouver to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"thanks to Air Transat!"

Trip Verified | We flew a very early-morning flight from Toronto to Holguin, Cuba on February 10, 2020. This flight necessitated getting to the airport at about 4 a.m. I had done an on-line check-in and was heading to the airport's luggage check-in (as we have done before) but a staff member directed us to Air Transat's Options Plus check-in counter which had nobody there. The on-line check-in was easy, as it had been on previous Air Transat experiences. Check-in was easy, even though we had four checked-luggage suitcases. We were using Options Plus for the little perks which included first-of-line check-in and extra weight allowance. Our flight, TS0656 left on time and arrived in Holguin on time. Along the way, the flight staff proved friendly and we received the Options Plus goodies for which we had paid upfront. We found our seats, 19H and 19J comfortable and we enjoyed the movie selections. The screen system worked perfectly and watching movies and listening to music helped to pass the time as we flew above the clouds. Our return flight, TS0657 left Frank Pais Airport slightly ahead of schedule, after our having passed through customs to get to the waiting room. Once again, we enjoyed the Options Plus benefits - not counting the extra-weight allowance, because we had only two suitcases on our return trip. Once again, the flight staff were excellent. Our return-flight seats were 18H and 18J and comfortable and the in-flight movie system worked fine. On both trips, the toilets were clean. On both trips, Options Plus allowed us to choose from the menu and enjoy a sandwich and a drink. The sandwiches were fine. I had the "Montreal sliced meat" sandwich and my partner had the turkey sandwich. Both were fine and served the keep-us-going until another meal purpose. At the end of both flights I commended the Air Transat staff for their fine service. But this is something we have grown to expect from Air Transat which we have been using two and three times a year to fly to such places as Europe (mostly Gatwick in London), Cuba (mostly Holguin) and Mexico. I sympathize that some people don't get the same excellent experience that we have had with Air Transat. I was particularly concerned by a review by Alice G., who noted that prepaid and preselected seating was not given to her on a flight. This happened to one of our family members with Air Canada and caused tremendous distress. Air Canada is in the process of buying Air Transat and my hope is that the excellent service we find with Air Transat does not diminish to a lesser standard because of new ownership. In the meantime, thanks to Air Transat!
RouteToronto to Holguin
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"how much alcohol served to a client"

Not Verified | This is not so much a review but a question if flight attendants have smart serve? Do they communicate between them about how much alcohol is served to a client. I just flew back and was not impressed by the amount a young lady sitting next to me was served of wine bottles and hard liquor. Something that maybe you should be looking into. Really not impressed . I’m in the hospitality business, we are so controlled and then I witness this happening , but may the rules are different in the sky?
RouteLisbon to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"ran out of the food items"

Trip Verified | Rio Hato to Toronto. My husband, 2 friends, and I took a 7 day all inclusive trip to Panama from Toronto. We knew booking this flight that they do not serve food on this airline and that is ok. We planned to buy food on the plane. We waited 3 hours until the stewardess came to us and by this time they ran out of the food items except chips and chocolate. The stewardess did not even apologize. This was by far the worst experience I have ever had with an airline.
RouteRio Hato to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

" crew has been absolutely fantastic"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Puerto Vallarta. I have flown with Air Transat over 6 times now since I have been retired a couple years ago. Air Transat has raised the bar so high choosing any other airline would be a very difficult task. Air Transat customer service right from Checking in to the flight crew has been absolutely fantastic on every flight I have been on. Just wanted to say Thank-You and now that I am retired I am grateful I can now choose the Airline of my choice.
RouteWinnipeg to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"no apologies were offered"

Trip Verified | Montreal to Toronto. The flight was first delayed for an hour, then for another two due to the broken door. When I called the client service line, no apologies were offered, and certainly no compensation. The girl on the line was straight rude, dismissing my complaints and telling ”AirTransat is not responsible for anything”. The staff was inattentive, pretending they don’t notice me. Overall, one of the worst flying experiences in my life.
RouteMontreal to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"issue was lack of seat space"

Trip Verified | Santa Clara to Toronto. Paid for Options Plus & Seat selection. $298 spent for nothing. Seats only 17" wide. Shoulders on top of each other. I would never fly like this again. Staff were good and very attentive. Our issue was lack of seat space, shoulder space & even the aisles are so small, I had to walk sideways down them.
AircraftA330-200