Air Transat

"a pleasant experience"

Trip Verified | Ft Lauderdale to Toronto. What a pleasant experience from the Fort Lauderdale counter to the plane. At the Fort Lauderdale the staff was so humble and funny while he was checking all our paperwork. He took our stress away. On the plane, the staff were super amazing to handle my kids inquiries. They answered them very professionally. We received sanitizers pack and complementary drinks. I needed that so much so as my kids. Very polite. Plane entertainment system! I wasn’t aware Air Transat has entertainment for free! You can bring your own headphones and Voila you have hours of entertainments! Last ten years I have been traveling to Florida twice a year to my parents it’s just a three hour flight so never experienced this type of awesome service. My kids didn’t have any headphones the flight attendant provided headphones for free! It was getting better and better! Thank you Air Transat for your awesome service. I will be traveling soon in March to Punta Cana! Hopefully I will be able to travel with you guys again.
RouteFt Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Worst customer service"

(Portugal)

Not Verified | Worst customer service I've ever experienced. I have been trying to reach them for two days, waited for more than an hour, and they either hang up or never answer. I needed to cancel a flight and get a travel credit, which they said I could at the time of the reservation, and the only contact they provide is this.
RouteLisbon to Montreal
Date FlownJune 2021

"avoid all obligations to their customers"

Not Verified | I am writing about a forthcoming trip and the impossibility to contact Air Transat. Trip: Montreal-Nantes/Bordeaux-Montreal, France. Reservation made August 2021, departure 5 June 2022. Recently, I received an itinerary change (date/time change) notification from Air Transat. Now, when I check 'My Booking', I get the message: "Booking cannot be found". The only way AT offers contact service is by telephone, but, the wait is 3++ hours and when choosing the 'call-back' option, no-one calls back. They have removed their email contact service from the website. This is a pre-paid trip and I am worried that this is a pre-bankruptcy ploy by the company to steal our money and avoid all obligations to their customers.
RouteMontreal to Nantes, France
Date FlownDecember 2020

"complaint is how to contact Air Transat"

Not Verified | I have flown with Air Transat over the past 20 years. Like most people we had to cancel trips during Cocvid-19. My complaint is how to contact Air Transat. I have been on hold for 4.75 hours, many times, waiting to talk to them to resolve an issue. Still haven't got through. I decided lets try an email, nowhere is there a contact email visible on the web site. Their phone message says there is one. This website link should be on the front page so customers can email them direct, instead of waiting 4-5 hours.
Date FlownDecember 2020

"being waiting on hold for online"

Not Verified | I made my reservation online couples of weeks ego. I need to confirm everything before I leave on the 28th because I am leaving from Montreal and do not wish to make the trip without making sure that all is good. And also have some questions regarding luggage and prices. because on the website it says that the 3rd piece of luggage would be 235$. I understand the 1 being 35, 2nd being 65$ but the 3rd one being 235$ is a bit tough. I have being waiting on hold for online for 42hrs already for the past 3 days with no answer and a very very irritating horrible music. I have tried the chat yesterday Oct 18th where I waited almost 2 hours to the point that I forgot about and when about doing my stuff ... someone answered but I wasn't there so I missed it. I have to say that the airlines are taking for granted that people want to travel but, eventually we will get fed up with the bad services.
RouteMontreal to Puerto Plata via Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2021

"it is not covid safe"

Trip Verified | I flew on flight TS932 from Toronto to Vancouver in August 2021 and the flight attendants were rude and unsafe. The flight was packed, and half the flight was not wearing masks. The flight attendants made no effort at all to ask people to put their masks on, I felt very unsafe. One of the flight attendants stopped to have a conversation with the couple beside me in French. They complained about how rude and unfriendly people from Ontario are, they said people from Ontario are lazy for not learning French, the flight attendant agreed and said that our accents are so terrible when we speak French that we shouldn’t even try. After that conversation the flight attendant gave the couple beside me free wine and beer. I found that entire conversation to be extremely insulting and ignorant, they assumed that no one on the flight could speak French simply because we were flying out of Toronto. On top of all of this the man in front of me reclined his seat fully, and was basically laying in my lap the entire flight, I’m not sure why they built the chairs like that, but it is not covid safe.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2021

"we want to thank our 2 stewards"

Not Verified | If you download there site it makes it so easy to know what to do, it removed a lot of stress for me has you know Covid restriction keeps on changing but they are always on the ball service. On the plane excellent, we want to thank our 2 stewards flight 837, Nicholas and Eric, two nice guy that gave us excellent customer service. We are flying again in March with them not premium class this time but I’m sure the experience will be the same. Thank you for making our trip memorable from the beginning through the end.
RouteMontreal to Punta Cana
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"They no longer answer the calls"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight with them and bought 2 pieces of luggage. They rescheduled my flight with another airline with 1 luggage and told me to buy the second luggage yourself and we will refund you. It’s been almost a year that they did not process my claim while they say their process time is up to 3 months. They no longer answer the calls. I was on hold waiting for more than 2 hours twice.
RouteMontréal to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Expedia is denying the free change"

Trip Verified | I bought an Air Transat ticket through Expedia (big mistake -- Expedia is the worst.) It says on the itinerary that Air Transat changes are free and on AT's website, they say all flights/all ticket classes include free changes if purchased before August 31, 2021. (Mine was purchased in May 2021.) Expedia is denying the free change. I waited an hour on the phone with Air Transat for them to say it's not their issue but Expedia's. If you sell through Expedia, you're responsible. The agent on the phone said that the only way to resolve these issues is by conference call with both Expedia and Air Transat. I asked how I could do that and she said she did not know how it's possible to arrange such a conference call.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2021

"had to pay another 40$/luggage"

Trip Verified | Since I was a kid I traveled with this airline, we always had the same carry-ons, but this time we had to register two of them as normal baggage, because the wheels couldn't fit in the small box sizing them, which meant we had to pay another 40$/luggage. After explaining ourselves, we said we would like to pay for one of them only, because if we knew, we would've brought one bigger luggage that fits the containing of both carry-ons. Not wanting to understand, the only thing the supervisor could say was: "These are the policies, we understand but we can't do anything" he talked to us as if we had no understanding of anything that was going on, he would repeat the same exact thing in the same condescending monotone way for about 5 times. After understanding he would not want to do anything to accommodate, I told him "Ok, you can leave then". His reaction was : going behind the counter and asking the person working under him "what is their security number" as if we did something that requires security. I literally just said, "Ok, you can leave then". I am still amazed that a supervisor would have this reaction, I think he was trying to find a way to intimidate us. Also, just so you know, don't register or verify your carry-ons, just take them with you, pass the customs, and they will take them for free at the boarding area.
RouteMontreal to Vancouver