Air Transat

"I paid for one carry on"

Trip Verified | Gatwick to Toronto. I paid for a ticket for one carry on, and the site says a carry on up to 10kg is free. My carry on was less than 10kg, but staff asked to put my other item on the scale to put it over. They said one of the items needs to be discarded or I have to pay £50.
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Air Transat met and exceeded"

Trip Verified | I flew from Gatwick to Toronto return on Air Transat's new A321neoLR aircraft. Given the price I paid (under £400 return) my expectations were modest - to get there on time, in a clean aircraft and with friendy staff. Air Transat met and exceeded all that. The plane was brand new, in fact the cabin attendants told me that the plane had only been in service on that route for a few weeks. There was a small meal with free drinks provided in both directions with a small snack on arrival - better than on WestJet economy for the same route. The IFE system is not as extensive as say, Emirates, but there is enough to keep you occupied. You do need to bring your own earphones, or else Air Transat will sell you some, ditto a blanket. On the way over I paid extra for an emergency exit row, while on the way back I had a standard seat. However even this was perfectly fine and the seat pitch is probably slightly better than what you'll find on BA. The one thing that may not be to everyone's tastes is flying a single aisle aircraft over the Atlantic. This is something that's becoming more common, and though the plane didn't feel cramped as such, it did make for congestion in the aisle when passengers were waiting for the WC and the crew were pushing a trolley down it. However all in all, would recommend Air Transat and would fly them again on the same route.
AircraftA321neoLR
RouteGatwick to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"transferred to flight one day earlier"

Not Verified | I have not even flown with this airline yet and my impressions are not to be desired. Booked my flights in August, got an email in the September to say there was a sale on and thought I’d see the price of my fare now. Quite surprisingly, my dates were no longer shown as a scheduled flight. I contact AT by messenger and was reassured that my flight was still honoured and no changes had been made. I wrote to them again a week later and got a response advising me that both my flights had been cancelled. I had to wait another week to reschedule my whole trip, as after an hour on the phone to customer services, I was told the options hadn’t been loaded for the cancelled pax yet. A week later, and at a cost of £250 extra for my hotel and other flight changes, I was transferred on to a flight one day earlier both outbound and inbound. AT advised that they wouldn’t be providing compensation for this change as they didn’t deem it appropriate. I now can’t login to my reservation and have been told that I can make a seat selection in the next 4 or 5 months, yet I was able to select a seat on my original flight, a day later, as soon as it was booked? Overall, messages from this company are confusing, they don’t sing off the same hymn sheet, and before I’ve even flown with them, I will never choose them again.
RouteGlasgow to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"costs $85 dollars a bag"

Trip Verified | Glasgow to Toronto on economy budget ticket. Traveling with my wife and only have two under weight carry-ons, nothing else. This airline has a metal cage they have you put your luggage in and it is too small to fit standard carry on. So oh well they said it’s too big you must buy two 23kg check luggage or basically you don’t fly today. The dimensions match what is on their site. So what does it cost to just put your carry on below instead of overhead bins where they will fit? It costs $85 dollars a bag just to put below. When I arrived in Toronto on the 18th I went straight to Air Transat check in to resolve problem but supervisors could not help but were surprised I was charged to check in at Scotland as the two bags fit under their cardboard box they use. As for the flight not cheap $500 one way have flown much cheaper to Europe on Air France. The flight attendants were not friendly to me except for one man who was good at his job and made the clearest announcements . Food is a joke more like TV dinner for kids, they charge for a blanket.
AircraftA 330
RouteGlasgow to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

" My love affair with Air Transat continues"

Trip Verified | London to Toronto. My love affair with Air Transat continues. Clean plane, great cabin service for a full flight, reasonably comfortable seats, really good entertainment system, pretty good airline food and great price. Flight was 15 minutes late leaving a congested Gatwick and arrived 15 minutes late in Toronto. I have flown Air Transat many times to various destinations and have never had a problem.
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"super crew and incredible price"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Gatwick. Cannot say enough good things. Easy check in, on time flight, clean aircraft, super crew and incredible price. Food was really good for a discount airline meal.
RouteToronto to Gatwick
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"1/2 hour to get my boarding pass"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to Toronto. My suggestion is they install a boarding pass machine at Schiphol for those who do not have baggage to check in Waited in line 1/2 hour to get my boarding pass from staff as opposed to from a“machine. So did a lot of other people. For most other airlines at Schiphol you use a machine.
RouteAmsterdam to Toronto

Air Transat customer review

Not Verified | London Gatwick to Toronto with Air Transat. Thought outbound flight and service was bad until return leg. Staff aggressive, hostile, abrupt. Food, should I call it food, no. My leg was tucked in, not in the way of the aisle however seven hits later they finally managed to jam the door of the trolley into my leg brace breaking one of the straps. Oh and a point of security, found an iPad in the back seat pocket, told staff who did not seem to care, said they had searched the plane but obviously not. Have traveled countless airlines all over the globe and the only positive thing I can say is we landed safely. Never ever again, pay more go with someone else.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"I really appreciated this trip"

Trip Verified | Montréal to Toulouse. Very smooth flight with Air Transat. The take off was delayed by 20 minutes but we arrived on time at destination. The crew was very professional and always smiling. Two choices for the meal, I tried both and I can say that, without being the greatest food I've ever eaten, it was totally satisfying talking about the taste. Maybe a little bit more in quantity would have been better but it was ok. We also had a little snack about an hour before landing. The entertainment system on board was good : the touch screen was quickly responding, the interface was easy to understand and the movie quantity and quality were honest. The cabin + toilets were clean, the seats were not very large but quite comfy, the leg room space was correct. To be honest, the 6h45 flight felt quick, I really appreciated this trip.
AircraftA330-200
RouteMontréal to Toulouse
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"carry on bag a few kg overweight"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Gatwick. Do not be tempted by cheap flights. They will charge baggage fees without consistency. Air Transat charged 85CAD for a carry on bag a few kg overweight.
RouteVancouver to Gatwick