Air Transat

"offered a credit for future travel"

Not Verified | The flight I booked was cancelled as a result of Covid. I requested a refund which was rejected by Air Transat, instead they offered a credit for future travel. I spend my winters in Mexico and Air Transat is no longer flying to Mexico, a credit is useless to me. I only fly to Mexico.
RoutePuerto Vallarta to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2020

"refused to give us back our money when the flight was cancelled"

Not Verified | My flight was from Montreal to France and was schedule to depart in September 2020. Due to covid 19 the flight was cancelled. Vouchers were sent for us to make reservations in the next 2 years instead of giving us back our money. The reservation was for 4 people and was nearly 3K Can. dollars. We had pay well in advance approx. 6 months before the scheduled flight, Air Transat did not make any effort in re-paying its customers. They kept our money for over 1 year, until the government of Canada bailed them out. We have finally received our money back in May 2021. I am very upset that Air Transat kept our money and refused to give us back our money when the flight was cancelled. I will never, ever, ever book a flight with this company again, and I will never, ever recommend anyone from using Air Transat for a vacation or a flight, and this goes for all of the Canadian airline companies which use their customers money as a bargaining chip to negotiate with the government!
RouteMontreal to France
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"Outrageous customer service"

Not Verified | We booked for a 3 week vacation. After 6 days at resort we received an email telling us we had to come home at the end of 2 weeks with a full refund for 1 week hotel accommodation credited to our credit card. Several emails and phone calls and no response to either myself or my travel agent. We have been home for 10 weeks. Outrageous customer service. Right now not certain will use again! Especially after they changed our departure airport from London to Toronto and only offer take it or leave it offer. Cost us extra money for Hotel and food both for departure and arrival. Plus: hour drive both ways and we are Seniors.
RouteToronto to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2021

"Still waiting for a refund"

Not Verified | Still waiting for a refund. My family and I were due to fly on 25th July, 2020. Flight was cancelled. I was promised a refund on 5th August but advised it would take 16 weeks. 7 months later nothing. Utterly appalling behaviour.
RouteLondon to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2020

"informed me I would receive a refund"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Has Anyone actually received a refund from Air Transat ? We were due to fly from London Gatwick to Vancouver on 1st October 2020, but they cancelled the flight. On 2nd September 2020 they informed me I would receive a refund. I am still waiting. It is now the beginning of February,. This is very bad customer service.
RouteLondon Gatwick to Vancouver
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Stick with reputable airlines"

Not Verified | 5 months later and still no refund for cancelled flight. I get that covid is an issue but 5 months is disgusting. Spoke to them and incredibly unhelpful and wouldn't even tell me who I was speaking to. Will never use again. Stick with reputable airlines.
RouteLondon to Montreal
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"they were very rude and refused to make any change"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed. You would think that the airline would make an effort regarding customer service amid a pandemic and higher uncertainty regarding travel dates. I needed to switch dates for my round trip and I was willing to pay an extra fee, and they were very rude and refused to make any change even with high additional charges. Will not book with them again.
RouteParis to Montreal
Date FlownDecember 2020

"lost my trust and my business"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight only to have it cancelled days later. When I called a few weeks after to follow up on the refund they told me it would be several months as they are currently still catching up on refunds from March! Almost as if they are only selling flights for the quick cash just to cancel them? Absolutely disgusting. They have lost my trust and my business. I will never fly with them again and will encourage everyone I know to go with more respectable airlines. Do yourself a favour and save your money!
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2020

"only offer a voucher"

(Brazil)

Trip Verified | Very disappointed with the customer service of Air Transat. They cancelled our flight due to COVID19 and do not give us the full refund and only offer a voucher. According to Canadian Law, if the contract is frustrated, customers have the right to receive full refund, but the airline does not want to take this into consideration. Even though, my was from Orlando and US DOT require airlines to provide full refund due to the COVID19, they do not care to follow the requirement.
RouteOrlando to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"will not be flying in the future"

Not Verified | Very disappointed to learn after Air Transat cancelled our flight no refund would be issued - only a credit. I realize Covid-19 is an extreme situation but it is extreme for family as well. In the USA - the agency responsible for the airline industry had the backs of every American when the airlines attempted to do the same. The Dept of transportation (DOT) required airlines to issue refunds. So disappointed that the Canadian Transportation Authority will not require the same. We have enjoyed the direct flights to many destinations through Toronto but will not be flying in the future. We will stick to US flights to ensure we are covered financially should an event to this magnitude occur again. Fellow travelers - Buffalo and Niagara Falls airport is only a little more than an hour away - consider protecting your airline investment in the future by flying through the US! Good luck and stay healthy.
RouteToronto to Miami