Air Tanzania

"No customer service at all"

Trip Verified | This company must be one of the worst. They cancelled my flight without any notice and it has been 3 weeks, I have tried to contact them through every channel I can (email, phone, messenger) however, they don't answer! No customer service at all.
RouteZanzibar to Kilimanjaro
Date FlownOctober 2020

"regret to have travelled with Air Tanzania"

Trip Verified | On August 10, 2020 we were scheduled to take flight TC 105 from JRO to ZNZ, this was a confirmed flight. We were planning to start our vacation stay on Zanzibar on August 10, 2020. Since our original flight has been cancelled (or changed, or had been wrongly advertised from the beginning) we had to postpone resp. had to shorten our stay for one full day (we took flight TC 137 on August 11, 2020, instead). This incurred costs on Zanzibar for at least our hotel (126 US dollars). I wrote to and received some initial response from your incidence handling team. But in the end there was no answer of any substance at all. There was some redundant email correspondence where one person from Air Tanzania haphazardly tried to make another person take some action (which action remained unclear). What I wanted was an explanation, an apology (for ruining one day of our holidays that we spent in lovely Tanzania in spite of the troubles we went to be able to travel abroad at all at these difficult times), and US$126 for the day we could not spend at Zanzibar (but had to pay for anyway) but instead at the miserable hotel near the airport. It only remains to express my severe regret to have travelled with Air Tanzania. I also think of their customer complaint handling as being quite unprofessional. When I tried to use the contact form on the Air Tanzania website it turned out to be unusable because it would not send my text. Then I tried to contact [email protected] with the same text. The mail bounced immediately because, as it turns out, Air Tanzania blacklisted my email address! That's quite a impertinent way to deal with your customers.
RouteKilimanjaro to Zanzibar
Date FlownAugust 2020

"indifference to customer service"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Zanizibar via Dar Es Salaam. As I have not been able to take this flight, my review covers customer service and booking issues with Air Tanzania. In November 2019 I booked two return flights with Air Tanzania. On receiving the e tickets, I noticed that my surname had been duplicated, thus rendering the ticket invalid. I immediately contacted the airline, via their on line contact page and a further email as back up. To date, I have received no response from the airline. I know that my emails have been received because the Air Tanzania sales office in Mumbai were copied in and have acknowledged receipt. I have made an official complaint, even copying in the Tanzanian Ministry of Transport who have overall responsibility for the airline. Once again, no response. I have thus been forced to cancel the tickets, which apparently are not refundable. I would urge potential travellers not to use Air Tanzania.Their indifference to customer service is well documented. I just hadn't realised how bad things are
RouteMumbai to Zanizibar via Dar Es Salaam