Air Tahiti Nui

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-Tahiti. We were informed by our travel agent about the strike and had to switch out flight from LAX-Tahiti. When we got to LAX we had to wait 3 hrs in line before we could get our boarding passes. We received very little information regarding the delay. The service agents stood there and looked at you but had no answers. This was a horrible experience. The best part of the night was when the Air New Zealand crew showed up. They chartered Air New Zealand to take us to Tahiti. That crew and flight was wonderful. On the way home from Tahiti the strike was over so we had Air Tahiti Nui for the flight home. The service on the fight was horrible. If you put on your call light they would ignore you.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Paris-LAX The plane was immaculate staff friendly and food was fabulous! We were given a menu two hot meals and snacks during the flight. If we needed something else we were able to go to the galley and ask for ice cream or drinks at no charge. It was a long flight from Paris to LA but it was very comfortable and didn't feel like 12 hours because of the service.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

CDG to LAX. The cabin was very cramped and hot throughout the flight but service and food was quite good and a real surprise after our experience on the ground. We arrived two hours ahead of time at CDG. After it took over an hour (about 75 minutes) to check in we then got in line next to go through security. After waiting about 30 minutes and becoming very concerned about them shutting the doors before we got through I asked the now idle check-in people if there was a way to get us through so we would not miss the flight. The manager very dismissively told us to get to the back of the line there was nothing he could do. After another 20 minutes with a security agent telling us to just have an airline rep walk us to 1st class line and being told again by the to just go back to the end of the line a security agent walked us to another area and through 1st class line. We were very surprised when we got onboard to see the same inept and rude people who did check-in were the first class and business class stewards. All they had to say to us when I said I was worried about missing the flight was "We know you are here checked-in and in line for security. We won't leave without you." Instead rudeness and attitude was all I got.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Basically I can confirm the other reviewers of this inept airline management. We were scheduled to fly on a Friday morning in June 2010 and were called by Air Tahiti Nui the night before saying there was a strike in Paris and to check the web site for updates on the flight. So we did the strike was a Civil strike in French Polynesia not Paris. Anyway we checked all night with no updates so travelled on the shuttle bus to the airport as scheduled. We stood in line for an hour to checkin before they opened the desks. Queued for another 30 mins to get to the front of the line at which point we were told to go and speak to "that guy over there". He told us the Paris flight was cancelled shrugging his shoulders and casting his eyes anywhere but us. He gave us a piece of paper and said to call the number. He was very dismissive and unhelpful. We did and were told initially they would book us on another airline. 10 minutes later they said they were no longer booking anyone on another airline. At which point they said we can either get a refund and get our own flights at another airline ticket desk (at now exorbitant rates) or we could wait and see if a Tahiti Nui flight would leave the next day. Maybe. They claimed all Air France flights were full. There were no offers of help. They refused to put us up in a hotel because we were "local" (we live 60 miles from LAX). We basically had to take the refund and get our own flights. We did get a direct flight with Air France at 9pm. It was a 777 and was basically empty. So now we have to fight our travel insurance company to get the difference in costs back. Might advice is don't travel on Air Tahiti Nui.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

On the way to the airport in Tahiti (flight to LA) we were told the flight was cancelled becasue the pilots just went on strike no one seemed to know anything. My mother who is 89 was ill and needed to get back to the US so I called Air Tahiti and they said they could get us on Air France the next morning and to be at the airport at 4:30 am which we did. We did not have seats on Air France as promised and we were told to wait for the Air Tahiti rep who did not show up until 6:30 am. I told her that Air Tahiti had promised us seats on air france due to a medical emergency and she said "I didn't work yesterday and I cannot help you" and slammed the door in my face. I knocked on the door and she came out and I got exactly the same response. She was so incredibly rude considering we had been sitting on the ground in the airport for 2 hrs. Luckily we got on stand by to LA which was not our final destination. We lost all of our connecting flights. which delayed medical treatment. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Once on the plane it was great but ground team was horrible and inept. We boarded at LAX for CDG and were amazed at the lack of urgency or customer concern. As the plane sat empty and the gate agent sat talking on her cell phone we all looked on amazed. 45 minutes after we were scheduled to board she announced we would be boarding 15 minutes late due to the plane arriving late - although it had been parked at the gate for hours as we waited. Clearly she had not looked at a clock. This caused us to depart over an hour late. Unfortunately we were on this trip during the Iceland Volcano Eruption. Air Tahiti once again proved how little they cared. I called the airlines 3 times about a flight only to be hung up on by the attendent. Once we had a flight we were told to be at the Airport 4 hours ahead of time due to the challenge from the Volcano. We arrived 4 hours early but the agents did not. We all (350 of us) waited in line. When they did show up it took them 45 minutes to get ready have coffee chat laugh joke and enjoy themselves all in front of us without any communication with us. Zero urgency or concern for all of us who had been waiting days to get on a plane. Once ticketed we went to the gate plane was there flight crew was there but not gate agents for hours we waited until they showed up and even longer while they organized themselves. It was like a circus show watching them. The whole ordeal was so ridiculous and unnecessary. The ground team has no care or concern or urgency for the passenger. I will never fly this airline again. They didn't earn any stars with us.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

PPT-AKL. Crew gracious and friendly. Huge evidence of cost cutting in food but wine and drinks selection still good. They need new seats - if person in front reclines fully there is no chance of any movement. Crew attention to safety is impressive.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-CDG First Class Seat 1D. A340. Small private cabin with only 6 seats. The crew professional and courteous. Food and wine decent. Lie flat seat very dated and more comparable to Business Class. Poor selection of movies most at least 10 years old.
Seat TypeFirst Class

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

AKL-PPT return in economy in A340-300. About a few months after booking ATN sent me an e-mail with cancellation of the return flight due to a commercial decision. Because this is not a daily route I had to change both my outbound and inbound flight and either a domestic flight in New Zealand. No online check-in and advanced seat allocation possibility. Check-in both in Auckland and Papeete slow: few counters and long rows. Cabin crew friendly and well dressed with Tiare flowers in their hair. Decent food each seat has a PTV but no AVOD. Pretty cramped leg room. Once on the French Polynesian islands I was not able to change my return flight to Auckland with my standard Y fare which I don't understand. Overall the booking system and ground service are a bit outdated (still need to reconfirm flights) but in the aircraft you will have a small Tiare flower behind your ear and a smile on your face because this is an airline that flies to a very exotic location.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-PPT. The captain and crew thought people could govern themselves as there was no proper checking to see if everyone was belted in when the fasten seatbelt sign came on. Drinks were complimentary and meals decent. I was lucky enough to have a row of four seats to myself which I used to make a makeshift bed. My flight was a good one although the fare was steep - airline has actually been scrutinized recently for corrupt operating practices including sky- high fares so don't be surprised if your airfare is more than you expect.