Air Tahiti Nui

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-PPT Business Class. Great ambience nice tropical feel as soon as you step on the plane. Normal modern business class seats (not the newest 100% recline ones but plenty of leg room and comfort). Food was very good as well. I recommend flying with them.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Seats are showing some wear and tear. Torn at points and armrest cover hinges feel stuck at times. The entertainment controls on the armrest are worn-out yet still functional. Adjustment of seats: they lack sufficient recline. Controls are placed at hip level inside the chair so poorly accessible. Putting 2 pillows under your feet to raise them makes it better but raising the feet with a pillow will put your toes up against the back of the reclined seat in front of you. I deliberately chose a middle section seat this allows you to always exit without climbing over or being climbed over. The seat rows are that close together that undisturbed passing is impossible. The lumber supports do not work on this flight. Flight entertainment system is Archaic. You don't have the option of starting your movie on demand. The quality of the LCD screen is best described as a snowy CRT up close. The movies continue during PA announcements and since all are continuously playing there is no chance of rewinding. There are no air vents above the seat only general air conditioning. No power output in business class. This is consistent with the age of the seats. Sufficiently equipped courtesy pouch with toothbrush and paste eye covers ear plugs and socks. Headphones supplied are comfortable for the first couple of hours. There was simply no noise cancellation. Service is attentive and correct although the personal touch was missing the second flight. Timely serving and offering of drinks.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-PPT in Business Class. Business Class departure lounge in LAX shared with several other airlines. Nice lounge with free snacks and drinks. Boarding gate was a bit far away we were bussed to the aircraft. First and Business Class customers were boarded in a separate bus. Once onboard - very comfortable. Before take-off drinks offered. Several uniform changes during the 8.5 hour flight. Our flight left LAX on time. As previously noted - business class seats do not fully recline and when you do recline - it protrudes in to the space of the person sitting behind you. Not the best lay out - but certainly adequate. Good meal service and friendly/attentive flight attendants. Return PPT-LAX - same on time departure and arrival and good inflight service.
Seat Comfort N/A

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Scheduled to fly non-stop Paris-Los Angeles. At the check-in counter the sign said 'New York' we were told the flight to LA was simply making a quick stop in New York then would continue to LA. This was a lie. Upon arrival in New York we were told it would be 24 hours until another plane would take us to LA. They put us up in a hotel. 24 hours later it was a charter flight they put us on to LA. I complained to Air Tahiti Nui about the lack of meal and I was told "we went to a very big expense to charter this flight you should be grateful". I should be grateful they arranged me transportation to where I paid to go?

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Paris CDG to Los Angeles. Good food crew entertainment and leg space. I enjoyed the whole island theme that was experienced onboard. A plus about the entire experience was the level of visibility and attention the crew provided with frequent water runs and prompt responses to call bell. Another feature was the snack bar set up at the galley for passengers. Flight departed and arrived on time.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-PPT-LAX over Christmas and New Year. Both trips were red-eyes. Outbound from LAX check-in was cheerful and set the tone for the journey. On the down side passengers are bussed to the aircraft and ATN staff lost complete control of the process resulting in a scrum to get on the busses. Onboard we passed on the meal offering and slept. The hot breakfast was welcome. Arrivals Hall was chaos and a 1 hour delay to get through Immigration awaited us. Returning the Departures Area is new spacious but very warm. Boarding went well as our seats were in Row 44 we made our way to the desk 10 minutes before boarding to avoid the chaos we experienced outbound at LAX. Once again pleasant and efficient crew. In summary our flights were good the only warning I would make is that in Economy the seat pitch is only 31 inches and on an 8 hour flight if you are over 6 ft tall this is not comfortable at all.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Flying 3/4 times every year since 2008 my last experience was very disappointing. Besides domestic there is no traffic during the day at Papeete Faaa airport and then late at night they schedule 3 international flights all due to leave within a short hour and this airport can't handle it. I arrived 4 hours before departure and the line for check-in immigration and luggage check were endless. I was booked on TN8 seat 11A to Paris via LAX and after pulling out we came back to the parking stand because of an engine problem. We were told it would take an extra 3 hours to change it. They decided to serve us the light cold snack. The previous times I flew we used to have a full hot meal with wine it is obvious ATN is cutting costs and service. Finally airborne 4 hours behind schedule we were expecting to be served a round of drinks but nothing on this 8 hours flight until an hour before touching down in LAX they served us breakfast. The 11 hour flight to Paris went without problem but no round of water or drinks served between lunch and breakfast. Unfortunately due to the monopoly ATN has on these routes I will have no choice but to fly with them again.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

LAX-CDG and CDG-LAX several times in past 3 years. I appreciate the little flower they give when entering the plane. On the latest trip staff walk through the cabin several times through the flight but the call light was ignored or they were too busy with helping someone else. I never did like plane food so this one was no different. Person sitting in front of me had their seats reclined right back so it was hard to place my food on the tray. The steward serving food saw and told him to put his seat up.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Los Angeles to Paris return. We boarded our flight with high expectations however we were sorely disappointed. While others could check 2 pieces of luggage free we were allowed only one. We had been told to expect seats that were roomier with more leg room than other airlines but we were as crowded as on any low-cost airline. Onboard the service was poor and the food quality was poor. Attendants came down the aisle infrequently to offer snacks. The flight itself was fine and on-time but we agreed we would not fly this airline again.

Air Tahiti Nui customer review

Onboard the air conditioning was broken and the pilot would not turn the engine on as there was another malfunction with the luggage loading. We left over 1.5 hrs late and missed our connecting flight back to Boston. Another rude service counter agent would not help us they would not provide us hotel voucher as it was not there fault or problem. I noticed a terrible attitude problem when enquiring.