Air Tahiti Nui

"never been treated so badly"

Not Verified | Papeete to Auckland. Customer portal down September 8th and 9th, so cannot event put a complaint through, no email back from their customer service yet. I went to the Papeete airport at 6am for my 9am flight. Checked in, baggage, everything. As the departure time drew near, we were none the wiser on the delay. Finally 9am rolled around, and they told us it would be another hour delay. More and more time was added, and none of the announcements were legible. Finally they tell us the flight is cancelled. They make us walk out of the airport in the heat, and go through customs which took a very long time. Then, we were forced to cue in a line to find out when the next flight was available. Everyone waited in line for an hour. When I got to the front of the line, they told me it was up to me to find my own accommodation and that the next flight was 1am the next day - and to provide them with my email and phone (which I did, I also provided them with the Air BNB host where I was staying cell number). Luckily, they had a spare room at the Air BNB. I racked up a huge cellphone bill trying to get the car company to not cancel my rental, which, they did anyway. My host drove me to the airport the next day at 10pm. We get there to find the place empty, and security telling us that the flight was cancelled. I go to the Air Tahiti Nui office that is at the airport, and I ask why I was not emailed or phoned about this. She Shrugged her shoulders and said it was not her fault. I asked her what I am supposed to do, and luckily, the Air BNB had a couch I could stay on as every hotel was booked. I went back to the place, and awoke at 6am again. Finally on the 3rd day I boarded my flight to Australia. I have traveled to a number of tropical island places, and I know, things work a bit slower on island time. But honestly, the customer service was rude, and horrible. I have never been treated so badly - and had such a horrible experience.
RoutePapeete to Auckland
Date FlownAugust 2019

"staff really nice and kind"

(French Polynesia)

Trip Verified | Paris to Papeete via Los Angeles. New plane which is nice but actually less comfy. The older planes where on a 2-4-2 seats set-up, newer are on a 3-3-3 set-up, which give you less room on your seat. Food is okay, poor choice of entertainment but great staff, really nice and kind.
RouteParis to Papeete via Los Angeles

"Poor experience"

Trip Verified | Poor experience from Los Angeles to Papeete. Due to mechanical issues on our previous flight we lost the connection so we were booked on next available flight. We have paid for premium economy, which was unavailable on the flight we were re booked for. We tried on the phone and in the airport to get an upgrade from Air Tahiti Nui given the fact that we paid for premium economy, we had experienced an emergency landing because of mechanical issues,we were celebrating our 25th anniversary and they had empty seats in business class. They did not try to accommodate us at all and kept asking for 1400 US per person. The airplane was old, seats uncomfortable, very narrow and entertainment was a joke with very little options and very old movies. On the way back we flew the Dreamliner which was a better experience but food was a disappointment.
RouteLos Angeles to Papeete

"a sweaty 8 hours"

Trip Verified | We flew from Los Angeles to Papeete and back with Air Tahiti Nui. Both planes were very hot and the food was not good. You do not have your own air control like on most flights. It was a sweaty 8 hours.
RoutePapeete to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2019

"Good service, but poor food"

Trip Verified | Tahiti to Los Angeles. Good service, but poor food. The Airport processing and waiting was unbearable. It took over an hour to checkin. Departure was delayed and the temperature had to be in the high 30’s. On the flight to Tahiti the second serving of food was frozen and we told the staff on board but they couldn’t have cared about that.
RouteTahiti to Los Angeles
Date FlownApril 2019

"business class is old"

(Italy)

Air Tahiti Nui is basically the only airline that flies to French Polinesia. The business class is old, and the seat do not recline to 180°. It's a very long flight from any airport. I flew from Japan and it was a 12 hours flight. The aircraft is very loud, there is no privacy in the business seat. The food is really good and the staff are really polite. The entertainment is quite poor.
RouteTokyo to Tahiti
Date FlownAugust 2018

"on board service is appalling"

Trip Verified | Auckland to Papeete. A new Boeing 787-9, good spacious seats on Business class. We had a bulk seat 1A. Even though close to the galley I did not hear any rattling. Entertainment is very poor. This review is about the cabin crew on board service. It is appalling. They do the minimum at the cabin. No helping to set up your tray for dinner. No food order taken. They look fed up. I experienced their service to be rude, distant, unenthusiastic and Unfriendly. If you ever go to PPT fly with air New Zealand.
RouteAuckland to Papeete
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Papeete. Terrible customer service. Our return flight was originally booked on 2/6 from Tahiti to LAX. They notified us that they cancelled this flight due to schedule change.They gave us the option to leave a day earlier of the next day. We had already booked our non-refundable hotel room by this time so we inquired if we left a day earlier if they would cover our hotel cost for the night of the 5th. Verbally they assured us they would cover it so we locked in the 5th. They did say however that we would need to file a claim online with them. Which we did. We eventually got an email that said they aren't going to cover the cost of our hotel and we would need to go through travel insurance for reimbursement. Too bad we didn't have a current travel insurance plan. We called to try to get compensated in some way so we requested a free upgrade to premium economy. They said they might not have room but will add notes to our reservation for the ticket counter staff to upgrade us if there was room. 3 hrs before departure we arrive at the ticket counter and they had no idea what we were talking about as there were no notes added. They called their supervisor and we were declined due to no available seats. We board the plane and lo and behold there must have been at least 20 open seats in premium economy when the doors were closed. Lie upon lie upon lie. The only nice thing we found about this airline was the plane was a nice new 787 and the flight attendants were very accommodating.
RouteLos Angeles to Papeete
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"customer service is terrible"

Verified Review | On January 17th, 2017 me and my husband travelled from Los Angeles to Auckland, New Zealand. Our flight with Air Tahiti Nui delayed almost 7 hrs because of mechanical issues with the plain in Los Angeles. When we informed the representative about our travel destination is Melbourne, she promised no problem, we will taken care of you and rebook you to other flight to make sure you reach your destination. Of course that was not the case. Because of the flight delay we missed our connecting flight in Auckland to Melbourne. Not Air Tahiti and not Air New Zealand helped us in any way when we ask help in the airport too. Both airlines pointed their finger to each other. The bottom line is we had to purchase 2 one way tickets for next day to Melbourne; cost us $800 dollars and we had to sleep in the airport in Auckland. I filed a complaint with both Airlines and I never heard back from Air Tahiti ever. I sent the e-mail to them 4 times without any acknowledgment or anything. Also, I tried to call them for a follow up, but the person on the phone told me I can reach their customer service only by e-mail. Their customer service is terrible. If you have any other airlines you can use, use other carrier.
RouteLos Angeles to Auckland
Date FlownJanuary 2017

"positive aspect was the service"

Verified Review | When booking my flight from Los Angeles to Paris, I was thinking about Air France. I came across Air Tahiti Nui as a quick and cheap departure option on Expedia. I wasn't too sure about this airline. When we got to Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), we stood in the check-in line. The lady checking in our luggage was very nice and professional. As she was checking our passports and wrapping the badges on our luggage, she warned us about frequent delays on this particular flight. As she anticipated, we were delayed for about an hour or more. This was imperative because we had a shuttle service in Paris who had our initial arrival time and had to wait for us. Anyway, we boarded the aircraft and noticed that our economy seats were very small and tight. For an 11 hour flight, these seats were terribly tiny and uncomfortable. The inflight entertainment was very limited. The movie selection was limited and there wasn't a variety of genres. The positive aspect of this airline was the service. The attendants aboard the flight were efficient, responsive, cooperative, and professional. I can't think of anything else to say about the staff. The food onboard the flight was just like your generic airline food. It was cold, slimy, and disgusting. I recommend purchasing food and snacks prior your flight in the terminal. Overall, staff was great but accommodations and passenger convenience weren't well.
RouteLos Angeles to Paris