Air Seychelles

Air Seychelles customer review

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | I had booked flight back from Praslin airport where we had our hotel Lemuria back to Mahe for our international flight. So we booked flight at 5th of may directly in the airport, becouse it was near our hotel. So my trip back to Mahe was like scary movie, and all of a service for the Air Seychelles was awfull. First of all - our flight was booked for 9th may - thats sunday, this is a day off at the airport - so nobody will take phone, nobody will answer you on email, and only service for flight who dont know anything will work at the airport. Be very careful to use their flights on Sundays. In the morning 9th of may at the day of our departure we noticed that a storm comes to an islands, but we saw flights still are going, and nobody told us that something will be wrong (we had flight at 18 -40), so we packed everything and were preparing to leave. Thanks to Lemuria hotel crew at 12 o clock we were told that the airport is closed and there will be no flights today, they also sent their man to have duty in the airport if something else happened, and he called every 30 minutes. Air Seychelles didn't even get in touch with us in that day, didn't answer the phones etc. The ferry that goes only 2 times a day was already sold completely for that day. So we and other passengers had to book boats not to miss their international flights. When we arrived to the airport for our flight, planes from Air Seychelles still were not flying, and we get back home. After we get home I sent email and all information air Seychelles manager asked us for ticket refund, and we get only about 30% of money for our tickets, because we were charged for "no show" at non working airport, and refund charge. That's a total disgrace. If you use them you should have some additional money for private boats. Be ready for "no calls, no service" at critical situations, cause you may get to the airport and it would be closed in case of weather and other transport (ferry, boats) will be unavailable at the time you noticed it.
RoutePraslin to Mahe
Date FlownMay 2021

"Below average service"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Seychelles to Johannesburg. Below average service from in flight attendants. Appalling attitude, inability to carry out basic duties. Do not respond when they are buzzed, and expect you to walk to the back of the aircraft to get what you need eg a glass of water. This is a problem as the lavatory is also at the back, so at any given time theres a queue of passengers trying to navigate through the narrow aisle at the back of the aircraft. Furthermore, they are absolutely not child friendly, and made the flight very unpleasant for me and my family.
RouteSeychelles to Johannesburg
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Crew rather reserved"

Not Verified | Johannesburg to Seychelles. Online check-in for Codeshare flight from Etihad is not possible. Airplane is a brand new 32N, no issues there. Seat comfortable, even for a five-hour flight. Wifi-based IFE has a very limited choice of films. Crew rather reserved and looked a bit bored and annoyed at the same time - friendly if approached though. Crews English is tough to understand. Loved the bright red blankets!
AircraftA32N
RouteJohannesburg to Seychelles
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"forced to go to hospital"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Mumbai via Mahe. My wife and mother-in-law travelled with our 5 year old son and 1 year old son. While flying from Johannesburg to Seychelles, our younger sons cries more than normal day in home. My family reached Seychelles island and cabin crew decided that my baby has high fever and not to show of next connected flight. My family was forced to go to hospital and the doctor decided that it is not high fever and having ear infection. First of all the airport doesn't have any facilities to check this kind of basic things. While coming back from airport, the lady who followed with my wife forcefully taken the medical report from my wife. May be they can use that for getting some extra money somehow. The drama starts now. Initially they told that they will arrange everything, but they changed the decision. I was in south Africa and I never had a medium to contact with my wife and airport wifi also not working as like other. So I couldn't able to tell everything at right time, so unfortunately I don't have Dr report. Seychelles support staff said that only option is to book the accomodation and book Srilankan Airways which is the next flight to Mumbai and will be reaching Mumbai after 36 hours or something. So ideally we need to book everything from our pocket and even they will not help for getting taxi to the hotel. My family has three check in bag and two child. With help of my friends here in SA, I immediately booked Emirates flight and my wife told me that she will wait in airport for 8 hours for emirates. My family waited 8 hours without anything to eat. You cant get anything to eat if your family waiting for the flight that time. I am waiting for my family check in from Dubai.
RouteJohannesburg to Mumbai via Mahe
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Didn’t get to see the Seychelles"

Not Verified | Well, we never got to actually fly. It was supposed to be a two-day break in the Seychelles on the way from Madagascar to the UAE. First it became a one-day break because the airline changed the flight from the morning to the evening. It then sent several emails asking to bid for an upgrade. But on the day of the flight they didn’t bother to tell us that they had decided to cancel it. We showed up in the airport and were in limbo for nearly 24 hrs about when and whether we would fly on. At the end we bought new and more expensive tickets on South African Airlines to get to work on Monday. Didn’t get to see the Seychelles. Didn’t get our money back. And have yet to be able to reach anyone at Air Seychelles — the call center doesn’t appear to be staffed. Avoid at all cost.
RouteAntananarivo to Abu Dhabi via Mahe
Date FlownAugust 2019

"cancelling flight with 3 days notice"

Not Verified | Mauritius to Seychelles. Nearly ruined my honeymoon by cancelling a flight with only 3 days notice. Had to scramble to book / cancel hotels and transfers. Will never use them again and will advise friends and family not too either.
RouteMauritius to Seychelles
Date FlownAugust 2019

"avoid Air Seychelles!"

(Taiwan)

Trip Verified | I purchased a ticket directly from Air Seychelles for Mauritius to Mahe In the end, I was not able to travel, and so I did not make the flight. I have been trying to get in touch with them about a refund (not a full refund but a refund of all fees and fares less some penalty), but all they did was send me an automated reply saying that they were working on it. I even tried to get in touch with customer service, whom I previously had some contact with about another ticketing issue. And all she said this time around was that she would refer my case to the "appropriate department", which never happened, as this happened in March and we are into July now. So in one word, avoid Air Seychelles!
RouteMauritius to Mahe
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"most unfriendliest you'll meet"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Mumbai via Mahe. The staff in flight and at the airport must be the most unfriendliest you'll meet. For the entire flight of passengers there's 2 people at 1 counter doing the check in. Takes 45 mins. For a flight half full. The guy at the luggage scan asked us to make it quick as the flight is leaving as if it was our fault theres only 1 counter receiving check ins. There is no time in transit, you're shipped from 1 flight to the other. There is no place to smoke. But was advised by a guy that smoking in the toilet isn't permitted but allowed. It's the smallest airport I've been to with barely any facilities. Taking all this into consideration I see no reason why they should have an attitude. Flights itself are clean but outdated in entertainment. If you not fussy this is a cheap alternative. If you need to travel in some comfort pay more.
AircraftA320-200
RouteJohannesburg to Mumbai via Mahe
Date FlownApril 2019

"Worst service encountered"

Trip Verified | Abu Dhabi to Mahe. Worst service we have ever encountered. We booked a vegan meal by email and received confirmation for both flights (return). On the first flight we were told that they had no food for us, as in they never received any food that is meant to be for us in the first place. On the second trip back, we double checked with check in staff about our meals and they said there was nothing mentioned next to our names on the system! we then asked them to add it again and they did while we were standing. Again on the plane we were told our names were not on the list to begin with so no food for us one more time. Food aside, we were moved to from an 8pm flight to 10pm flight without prior notice. Also, we knew other groups that were boarding the same flight as us by they were not shifted but they kept them on their same flight. Initially we were told it was due to system error and all 8pm passengers were shifted to 10 pm but if that was the case then how come we were the ONLY ones shifted?? Will never ever fly again. Also, many people in the airport were complaining about having their flights being shifted TWICE! Avoid this service.
RouteAbu Dhabi to Mahe
Date FlownMarch 2019

"My luggage never arrived"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Johannesburg to Mahe. I have never received such disgusting service as with Air Seychelles. My luggage never arrived from Johannesburg and I had to deal with a rude lady in Mahe who told me my bag would be on the flight the following evening and sent to La Digue. They gave me a number to follow up on that when finally someone did answer they just said they don't know where my luggage is and put the phone down on me. They put the phone down on my mother as well. Surprise my luggage never arrived.
RouteJohannesburg to Mahe